Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Popete posted:

Occasionally I check the standings to see how bad the Yankees are doing and yet they're still 5 games over .500 I can't imagine what a truly bad Yankee team would look like.

It's way better to be 25 games under 500 than 5 over if you're still in last place.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The worst thing about this Yankee team is that they're bad and boring. They're every "good pitching, bad hitting" team I hated growing up

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Over the weekend, Adrian suffered a traumatic head injury.

Although Mr. Beltre insisted he was fine, he is currently in intensive care awaiting emergency surgery.

Foul play was the cause of the injury, and a suspect is currently in custody.

Leon (pictured) is the prime suspect in the attack due to the fact that this rear end in a top hat did the exact same thing a year ago.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Leon is innocent!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Bandire posted:

Although Mr. Beltre insisted he was fine, he is currently in intensive care awaiting emergency surgery.

Leon (pictured) is the prime suspect in the attack due to the fact that this rear end in a top hat did the exact same thing a year ago.

dangit this is why he doesn't want people touching his head

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Yankees offensive leader Jesse Barfield

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/NYY/1925.shtml

This is the next truly "bad" Yankees season I found after 1990

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Bandire posted:

ACAB
(All Cats Attack Bobbleheads)

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Intruder posted:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Intruder posted:

:perfect:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Lmao

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

elentar posted:

the Braves made their big move, swapping recently acquired lovely reliever Taylor Hearn to the Royals for designated defensive replacement Nicky Lopez

I know that no one cares but this has got to be the most Royals trade ever.

Nicky Lopez is an all-glove utility infielder (other than 2021 when he rode a >.340 BABIP to a fluke .300/4WAR season) with one more arb year. He's exactly the kind of player a poo poo team like KC should trade. But JJ Picollo traded him for a 28 year old pitcher that the Braves picked up for cash just a week ago. I'd be fine trading him for a A lottery ticket that no one ever hears from again because at least that would show the front office understands where this team is at. They're not one 28 year old poo poo reliever away from contention. They need to stock the minor leagues not trade for a guy that maybe takes them from 115 losses to 113 losses.

This is why KC is bad and will be bad as long as these clowns are in charge.

gently caress :suicide:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I want Justin Verlander in Baltimore dammit

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

AndrewP posted:

I read this as "Justin Verlander to Baltimore dammit" and was kinda hyped for a second

:(

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

AndrewP posted:

Jim Bowden thinks that if you're lucky, you can get 2 months of Snell for Kjerstad instead :v:

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day
this trade deadline seems like it's gonna be boring as hell

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Exodor posted:

I know that no one cares but this has got to be the most Royals trade ever.

Nicky Lopez is an all-glove utility infielder (other than 2021 when he rode a >.340 BABIP to a fluke .300/4WAR season) with one more arb year. He's exactly the kind of player a poo poo team like KC should trade. But JJ Picollo traded him for a 28 year old pitcher that the Braves picked up for cash just a week ago. I'd be fine trading him for a A lottery ticket that no one ever hears from again because at least that would show the front office understands where this team is at. They're not one 28 year old poo poo reliever away from contention. They need to stock the minor leagues not trade for a guy that maybe takes them from 115 losses to 113 losses.

This is why KC is bad and will be bad as long as these clowns are in charge.

gently caress :suicide:

But pitching and defense! They're getting one of those!!! That's baseball baby

The DBacks are not going to sell or buy and remain in limbo. The starting pitching market dried up and they've got to save their money for when they sign Ohtani this off-season

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

I've got a sinking feeling that the Tigers aren't going to deal Rodriguez, and if they do they'll get a lighter return than initially thought.

Shouldn't be any worries about finding a taker for Lorenzen though.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Forrest on Fire posted:

But pitching and defense! They're getting one of those!!! That's baseball baby

The DBacks are not going to sell or buy and remain in limbo. The starting pitching market dried up and they've got to save their money for when they sign Ohtani this off-season

I thought about it, and I have decided that I will not accept him being a D-back. But at least I did have to think about it.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mdemone posted:

I thought about it, and I have decided that I will not accept him being a D-back. But at least I did have to think about it.

Ah well. Thought I'd workshop it. He'd get to hit at a higher elevation park at home and also I bet he and Corbin Carroll would be friends :allears:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Forrest on Fire posted:

Ah well. Thought I'd workshop it. He'd get to hit at a higher elevation park at home and also I bet he and Corbin Carroll would be friends :allears:

It's too hot, he'll get cramps

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Glad to see that Daulton Varsho is dogshit, he was one of the guys the Astros whiffed on in the off-season

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

I just want to see some different position players for the love of god.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I can't wait for the Cubs to trade a AA guy I've never heard of for a relief pitcher I've never heard of

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

zoux posted:

Glad to see that Daulton Varsho is dogshit, he was one of the guys the Astros whiffed on in the off-season

he leads the MLB in defensive runs saved but yeah his bat is a loving supermassive black hole

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1686052490570305536

Well, he did it. He fixed the crisis of thinkpieces about how baseball is dying and what they need to do to attract younger fans.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

zoux posted:

Well, he did it. He fixed the crisis of thinkpieces about how baseball is dying and what they need to do to attract younger fans.

Yay, that will upset the grump in my baseball chat who insists the sport is dying and wants all foul ball netting removed as bats to the face should be part of fan experience.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yay, that will upset the grump in my baseball chat who insists the sport is dying and wants all foul ball netting removed as bats to the face should be part of fan experience.

The netting is just something so completely obvious, it's hard to understand why it took so long to become a thing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You notice the foul netting about as much as you notice the shift being banned (not at all)

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

thehoodie posted:

he leads the MLB in defensive runs saved but yeah his bat is a loving supermassive black hole

He's an amazing defender who is probably due for positive regression.

I'm thrilled the DBacks turned him into Moreno and Gurriel.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Bandire posted:

This happened to TWO of my bobble heads that I brought to work. Paul dejong and Jon jay. loving bullshit

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
https://twitter.com/sahadevsharma/status/1686083026021728256?s=46&t=qe_Y8YJnNikGLo_JUDPyAQ

:yeshaha: gimme PCA for a September cup of coffee

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Let's go babyyyy

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

zoux posted:

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

thehoodie posted:

Jays need to have Varsho :bunt: more. Figure out bat-to-ball contact hopefully next year because when he gets to the ball he fuckin' smokes it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No one is bunting more, bunting is over.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

zoux posted:

TECHNICALLY, no. The attendance bump could just be boomers going back to the park

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Bismack Billabongo posted:

This happened to TWO of my bobble heads that I brought to work. Paul dejong and Jon jay. loving bullshit

He hasn't touched my Tulsa Drillers Kevin Brown bobblehead sitting right next to Adrian, but Brown was always pretty unlikeable.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Nodoze posted:

TECHNICALLY, no. The attendance bump could just be boomers going back to the park

That might be some of it, average attendance this year is 28,889 per bref which is up ~8.7% from last year but only up 2.4% from 2019.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Do not even ask posted:

Jays need to have Varsho :bunt: more. Figure out bat-to-ball contact hopefully next year because when he gets to the ball he fuckin' smokes it.

They just need to have him Choke Up the Bat and Get His Routine Right.

If he starts bunting they should fire the hitting coach into the sun lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

There are like three guys in the league who need to Bunt More. Everyone else is Bunt Less.