Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Might as wel have a discord video meeting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Grape posted:

I think you're thinking of someone else?

I absolutely was, thanks for the correction. Exhausted post.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Toxic Mental posted:

99% chance it's just Russia once again going "we get to keep ALLLLLLL of this" and Ukraine going "Get out" and nothing happens.

Russia isn't even attending this one, so it's 100% just posturing. "We're willing to talk, why isn't Russia?"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Der Kyhe posted:

What's the over/under of Saudi Arabian government doing something really stupid with this one, or allowing Russia to do something such?

I really wouldn't trust any of the ORB HOLDER-assholes with this one.

oh my lord i forgot about the orbholder moment until just now

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/VolodyaTretyak/status/1685763268478943232?s=20

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

This is some good CGI by the evil CIA.

Seriously though, yea I've had plenty of EE's say this to me (Ukraine weill get invaded) for 15-20 years prior to 2022. I thought they were being paranoid and just ignored them. Welp my bad

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

We should all have a think about which countries we know, right now, are going to someday invade a democracy

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Strategic Tea posted:

We should all have a think about which countries we know, right now, are going to someday invade a democracy

USA! USA! USA!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/DefMon3/status/1686073997841039360?s=20
Holy poo poo, I'm dying :lol:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

That is very efficient if they run into a renaissance fair re-enacting the battle of Agincourt.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

:mediocre:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What are those letters on there? Something to do with nobbly za and poccnn, maybe?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Karate Bastard posted:

What are those letters on there? Something to do with nobbly za and poccnn, maybe?

It says

"FOR VICTORY
GLORY TO RUSSIA"

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

I've learned enough Russian and Cyrillic during this war to know that that says "for victory" (with a non-Cyrillic Z for effect) and "glory to Russia"

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
are those fuckin bin lids?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

HonorableTB posted:

It says

"FOR VICTORY
GLORY TO RUSSIA"

Someone set bridge up the bomb.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

crispix posted:

Disc blade from agricultural equipment. Or something similar.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Are they supposed to be radar deflectors or what the hell

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lmao it’s like something they build during the climax of an A team episode.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

crispix posted:

Garbage Man Twisted Metal character who wishes that he was "top of the heap" so Calyspo transforms him into a bin bag in a dump.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Toxic Mental posted:

There's never going to be any agreement on what constitutes "the line" in war because depending on who you ask there will be people who say that literally everyone in Russia or wherever is culpable or enabling and therefore valid targets, and then course more reductionist viewpoints, and no one will ever have the same opinion. As such and as it is, we can't really do anything about it so it's pretty pointless to Legal Eagle any of this stuff so don't bother trying to justify or finger wag.

In other kind of weird news:

White House National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan is expected to attend peace talks on the war in Ukraine next week in Saudi Arabia, US officials said.

Ukraine is taking the lead on the effort which is expected to be attended by Western countries and developing nations. Russia is not expected to attend the talks.

Ukraine’s goal is that the talks work to identify shared principles for ending the war and that there is a peace summit later this year with global leaders signing up to support those principles, US officials said.

The talks hosted in Saudi Arabia are the second in a series of meetings organized by the head of the Office of the President of Ukraine, Andriy Yermak. The first talks took place earlier this year in Copenhagen.

Saudi Arabia was picked for the talks in part because of the country’s relationship with China, one US official explained. While China is not expected to attend the talks, US officials have publicly encouraged China in recent months to play a constructive role in resolving the Ukraine war though there has been no signal of China taking any proactive steps towards a peaceful end.

“I reiterated that we would welcome China playing a constructive role along with other nations to work toward a just peace, based on the principles of the United Nations Charter,” Secretary of State Antony Blinken said in Beijing in June.

lol "They're just sent off to live with grandma!" :rolleyes:
Holding peace talks in Saudi Arabia, who is in the midst of a years-long genocide against Yemen.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I thought Pooh stopped that

Burns
May 10, 2008

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1685967285796605952
+2 Zuzana SPGs added to the pile. Every bit helps.

Hand it over

That thing

Your *miltech* equipment

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/ScottLucas_EA/status/1686082571942174720?s=20

Goddamn, first Hersh becomes a literal meme, now this.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

beer_war posted:

lmao out of space to maneuver and nobody was buying "realism" anymore huh

zone
Dec 6, 2016

beer_war posted:

His credibility wouldn't have tanked if evil NATO didn't let Finland and Sweden in, so his brain broke, and therefore, :umberto:

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

Sedgr posted:

Disc blade from agricultural equipment. Or something similar.

Almost looks like road wheels hammered flat, but your guess makes more sense.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

mobby_6kl posted:

Are they supposed to be radar deflectors or what the hell

Those discs are pretty hard metal designed to last a long time cultivating fields, they would likely do a good job at stopping small arms fire, and an excellent job at turning into fiery hot shrapnel if hit by any sort of anti tank weaponry.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

LRADIKAL posted:

Almost looks like road wheels hammered flat, but your guess makes more sense.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Some classics just refuse to die, like Russians blaming Finland for meddling with their affairs and looking for a confrontation:

https://yle.fi/a/74-20043246

This time we are setting up youth groups to a revolutionary guard via social media to overtake the Karelian Republic.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Huh, not like I am a farming equipment aficionado, I've seen those mostly with square/hex/etc drive shafts in the center, but whatever I guess they must exist in a bolt circle, too. Bet you could get some nice abrasion resistant steel ones, too.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Cartoon Man posted:

Lmao it’s like something they build during the climax of an A team episode.

I love it when a 3 day special military operation comes together

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
i had a big effortpost written up about the child abductions russia is doing but 3/4 of the way through it was making me depressed and upset so i deleted the entire draft, putin is a real piece of poo poo

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

HonorableTB posted:

i had a big effortpost written up about the child abductions russia is doing but 3/4 of the way through it was making me depressed and upset so i deleted the entire draft, putin is a real piece of poo poo

Thank you for your service anyway. I don't blame you one bit.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

HonorableTB posted:

instead, go to the gym and build a muscle the way the truely best russian, zangief, would want you to do

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Re: Mearsheimer.

Today I learned that he put a photoshop of his head on top of a portrait of Machiavelli on his website. He calls it Mearchiavelli.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The Scourge of Carpathia, The Sorrow of Moldavia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of Evil!