Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hey, keep it on topic. Talk about Pizza Mondays or get gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

unfortunately monday is a very fail day, and while it’s understandable one might seek solace in a slice, i believe joy-bundling pizza fridays to be the move

e: lasagna monday could work

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bad Purchase posted:

unfortunately monday is a very fail day, and while it’s understandable one might seek solace in a slice, i believe joy-bundling pizza fridays to be the move

Fridays are the start of the weekend thread. Pizza day is monday hangover recovery day.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Thursday is the day statistically where people have the least reported stress and heart attacks, so maybe we should have Thursday Za to increase the coronary artery disease and balance it out

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

No. I was actually saying his posts are bad in a way that reminds me of how people use that particular word.

I do not believe you.

But if you are telling the truth, surely you can understand why I'd think that?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

teemolover42069 posted:

I do not believe you.

But if you are telling the truth, surely you can understand why I'd think that?

I am telling the truth and I don't care whether or not you believe it. And yes I can understand that.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Can we please tell the truth about pineapple on pizza instead folks

Sometimes it's nice to have something tangy and sweet to go with a rich savory cheesy slice. There's nothing wrong with that.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Definitely was not expecting to see a STDH post about verbally shoryukening a teenage girl ITT today

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

Can we please tell the truth about pineapple on pizza instead folks

Sometimes it's nice to have something tangy and sweet to go with a rich savory cheesy slice. There's nothing wrong with that.

Pineapple with canadian bacon on a pizza is not great and a big reason why pineapple on pizza is so divisive.

Pineapple with pancetta on a pizza is amazing, or with guanciale. Tangy and sweet complements something strong in both salty and savory flavors and Canadian bacon is too bland to qualify.

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I am telling the truth and I don't care whether or not you believe it. And yes I can understand that.

No need to be combative about it, I'm not attacking you. If you didn't mean to do that, then you didn't phrase it very well, because I'm not the only person who took it that way. You also didn't correct the person who plainly said you were calling him the r-slur, and didn't edit your post either.

Personally if it were me, then I would be uncomfortable if I found out that I spoke in such a way that made people think I was doing that.

I got no beef with you at all though friend, if you say you didn't do that on purpose then you didn't do it on purpose. Just saying, you did do it though.

all this 'shutting down discussion by flooding the thread with irrelevant posts' thing wouldn't be acceptable if it were being done about any other topic - of course it keeps coming up, because it can't be discussed without this constant air of hostility and people demanding to shut the discussion down. this happens literally every time it is discussed so acting like it's a topic that's been discussed and reached a conclusion is just not true. also, it's always the pro-slur crowd that does that - every time. so of course the people who aren't ok with it feel like they weren't heard - they weren't. they never actually are.

anyway, it's whatever, it is what it is.

teemolover42069 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 31, 2023

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i do not care for pineapple on pizza but that doesn't mean others shouldn't enjoy it. i'll just assume they're a swinger trying to signal others of their ilk

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i do not care for pineapple on pizza but that doesn't mean others shouldn't enjoy it. i'll just assume they're a swinger trying to signal others of their ilk

I won't bash someone who likes it, but you're an rear end in a top hat if that's what you default to when providing pizza to other people.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

a teenage girl tried to tell me pineapple couldn't go on a pizza so i dragon kicked her through a wall and her dad came up to me and gave me a crisp 20

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Grey Cat posted:

I won't bash someone who likes it, but you're an rear end in a top hat if that's what you default to when providing pizza to other people.

If there's a party, I would order a cheese, a pep, and then a combo. I don't think I'd order a hawaiian unless someone specifically wanted it, or I wanted some myself.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Grey Cat posted:

yeah

Toxic Mental posted:

If there's a party, I would order a cheese, a pep, and then a combo. I don't think I'd order a hawaiian unless someone specifically wanted it, or I wanted some myself.

yeah

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Also

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

a teenage girl tried to tell me pineapple couldn't go on a pizza so i dragon kicked her through a wall and her dad came up to me and gave me a crisp 20

Yesterdays Latte
Nov 14, 2021
Just had me a slice of Sam's Club four-meat, can confirm it's a good day for pizza

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If I wanted something very specific on a pizza that wasn't like pepperoni or a combo then I'd be getting it from a slightly more upmarket place than the usual and I don't make enough in my day job for that to be on the table when hosting a get-together with friends

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRkE_Gv6ALM

I'm rewatching, in the middle of season 2 right now

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

sopranos... good poo poo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

gf and i have been reqatching as well. forgot how good it is

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Sopranos is ruined by the ending. Its like, mass effect three levels bad. I know they had to end the show somehow but christ.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Drone_Fragger posted:

Sopranos is ruined by the ending. Its like, mass effect three levels bad. I know they had to end the show somehow but christ.

:chloe:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

my feedback is that the ending to the sopranos is good

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It's insanely good

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

life goes on and that's okay

a bat
Jan 9, 2020

teemolover42069 posted:

all this 'shutting down discussion by flooding the thread with irrelevant posts' thing wouldn't be acceptable if it were being done about any other topic - of course it keeps coming up, because it can't be discussed without this constant air of hostility and people demanding to shut the discussion down. this happens literally every time it is discussed so acting like it's a topic that's been discussed and reached a conclusion is just not true. also, it's always the pro-slur crowd that does that - every time. so of course the people who aren't ok with it feel like they weren't heard - they weren't. they never actually are.

FWIW: I'm not literally certain of this, but I believe you're correct that the hooting, shouting, and derailing keeps the discussion from actually reaching a reasoned outcome, and then people who don't want the topic to be discussed act as if it's the topic itself that leads to hooting, shouting and derailing.

I want the status quo and the outcome of this will probably just be more of the status quo, so I'm OK with this, but it's definitely weird and confirms my negative preconceptions of what GBS culture is like.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

a bat posted:

FWIW: I'm not literally certain of this, but I believe you're correct that the hooting, shouting, and derailing keeps the discussion from actually reaching a reasoned outcome, and then people who don't want the topic to be discussed act as if it's the topic itself that leads to hooting, shouting and derailing.

I want the status quo and the outcome of this will probably just be more of the status quo, so I'm OK with this, but it's definitely weird and confirms my negative preconceptions of what GBS culture is like.

i made my outlook on the topic known immediately. solefald has also posted to that effect. other mods and iks are probably not watching atm. this is a discussion that is very well tread ground, which is why it is being treated flippantly, and basically all the points have been made already. i don't think any of the iks/mods want more or less moderation than is currently applied. i don't know what "conclusion" is expected here

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
The R word should not be posted in GBS. Simple as.

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i made my outlook on the topic known immediately. solefald has also posted to that effect. other mods and iks are probably not watching atm. this is a discussion that is very well tread ground, which is why it is being treated flippantly, and basically all the points have been made already. i don't think any of the iks/mods want more or less moderation than is currently applied. i don't know what "conclusion" is expected here

:shrug: I had nothing else to say on the topic either, i don't know why people felt the need to come in and start doing all that.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
If a bunch of GBS posters feel uncomfortable about the r-word then it shouldn't be allowed. Why? Because we are supposed to be people who give a poo poo about other people. Even if you don't feel like the r-word is bad, it will cost you zero energy to use another word instead of it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i guess it will remain a mystery. ah well

a bat
Jan 9, 2020

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Oh wait. Yeah, you're just right -- I think we're discussing this as if the policy might change, so we have to argue that it shouldn't. I think likewise there's maybe some people who think the policy is going to become more strict on this, so they want to preemptively say "don't do that it sucks."

But if you don't want to change the policy, and no mods want to change the policy, then clearly the policy is not changing. If I don't want to change the policy, and teemo doesn't want to change the policy, and Decedence doesn't want to change the policy, then none of us are actually in disagreement. (Even if some of us have a different stance on how much people should actually use slurs.)

Thank you for remaining here and explaining, I think I now understand why I'm doing things that are exasperating to other people.

a bat fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 31, 2023

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Tai posted:

If a bunch of GBS posters feel uncomfortable about the r-word then it shouldn't be allowed. Why? Because we are supposed to be people who give a poo poo about other people. Even if you don't feel like the r-word is bad, it will cost you zero energy to use another word instead of it.

Yup

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

my feedback is that the ending to the sopranos is good

it's good and anybody who doesn't understand is

not paying attention

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Tai posted:

Bad news friend whatever other word you had in mind, I feel uncomfortable with that too.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Autisanal Cheese posted:

it's good and anybody who doesn't understand is

not paying attention

I was confused as gently caress the first time I watched it, but I was also a teenager and figured it out on the second watch even if I still didn't notice the background details setting it up. Loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Deki posted:

I was confused as gently caress the first time I watched it, but I was also a teenager and figured it out on the second watch even if I still didn't notice the background details setting it up. Loved it.

The first time I saw it I had seen all 5.5 previous seasons and I wasn't some last-minute tuner-inner and I literally clapped like a Marvel movie neckbeard at the ending because it was exactly what was foreshadowed and pitch perfect