Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/jhaletweets/status/1685777520766189568?t=rr0WcqrMrECpW1-iihHC2Q&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

This makes me want to say some [USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST] poo poo about the ownership class

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

StratGoatCom posted:

Was thinking about sectors, but sorry dude, ought to have thought of that. I'll earmark some of my groundskeeping bux for in the goonbux thread if you need it.

Appreciated but hoping it won't come to that. There's a buffer and the pantry is full, the cattle don't have brucellosis yet, we'll get through somehow

https://youtu.be/q7k4cIYGCrY

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
So I have done a permaban toxx that B will lose the election and I'm thinking I'm right. Everywhere I turn its folks not getting by. I assume theyre going to find a way to not have B debate T "won't stoop to his level", etc so B the doddering dip won't have to go head to head. The student loan restart just before the election is really the piece de resistance as far as I can tell. Didn't B barely win and only because of millenials in philly? how can those millenials bother to vote for B again when he restarts their loans. In that regard you never know what T has up his sleeve. Thinking he might pull a "millenials were scammed by the lib colleges and shouldn't pay them." That is certainly more possible than B doing anything good by my math.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

MuadDib Atreides posted:

So I have done a permaban toxx that B will lose the election and I'm thinking I'm right. Everywhere I turn its folks not getting by. I assume theyre going to find a way to not have B debate T "won't stoop to his level", etc so B the doddering dip won't have to go head to head. The student loan restart just before the election is really the piece de resistance as far as I can tell. Didn't B barely win and only because of millenials in philly? how can those millenials bother to vote for B again when he restarts their loans. In that regard you never know what T has up his sleeve. Thinking he might pull a "millenials were scammed by the lib colleges and shouldn't pay them." That is certainly more possible than B doing anything good by my math.

If Donny outright says he'll cover for defaulting on student loans he'll not only be the least hypocritical but most collapse-friendly two-term president ever

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Donnie should run on legalizing it.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1686121410174095361

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
mmm hungwy for all that Taco Bell baby

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Add to that the fact that Trump is becoming keenly aware that he will very likely go to prison if he doesn't win the presidency and pardon himself. His sense of self preservation will get him to say literally anything that he thinks will move him towards that outcome.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

drat those sad, skinny burritos look like such dogshit castoffs

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Aren't companies already allowed to use like motor oil on pancakes instead of maple syrup in ads because it photographs better?

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

SlimGoodbody posted:

Add to that the fact that Trump is becoming keenly aware that he will very likely go to prison if he doesn't win the presidency and pardon himself. His sense of self preservation will get him to say literally anything that he thinks will move him towards that outcome.

Hoping hes got something epic up his sleeve like legalizing weed or forgiving student loans would be an all timer.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AvesPKS posted:

Aren't companies already allowed to use like motor oil on pancakes instead of maple syrup in ads because it photographs better?

yeah idgi. it won’t go anywhere, fast food has been lying* (legally not lying) about their food for like 4 decades. it was even a big scene/joke in the 1990s movie Falling Down

I guess technically anything can be sued for but it lol get tossed

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Like I'll believe trumps campaign promises when last time he said over and over he'd number lock up hillary

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

AvesPKS posted:

Glue for milk photographs is really common, too.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

MuadDib Atreides posted:

lol that you have been marked for extermination by gbs for….. doom posting about Bidenflation???? ur safe here

anyways I’m an accelerationist which means I hope… Biden wins :twisted: bring on the collapse of the working class already

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

Like I'll believe trumps campaign promises when last time he said over and over he'd number lock up hillary

yueah but... B as well... Think there might be a better chance with T if he feels slighted in some way.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

depressing that the best hope of the left is increasingly a chaos elemental accidentally doing a praxis

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Vox Nihili posted:

drat those sad, skinny burritos look like such dogshit castoffs

they’re like $9 too but goons love it like thst. wontfix

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Shear Modulus posted:

I think if he gets back in he will actually try to do it because they are trying to actually do it to him.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

lol that you have been marked for extermination by gbs for….. doom posting about Bidenflation???? ur safe here

anyways I’m an accelerationist which means I hope… Biden wins :twisted: bring on the collapse of the working class already

im not allowed to talk politics in GBS i guess

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

I still laugh about the way the CHUDs rationalized this: he DID lock her up. All their enemies are locked up, and clones or holograms have replaced them as part of the kayfabe for the cosmic scale conflict Trump is embroiled in. Another (slightly less insane) alternative is they're under ankle monitor arrest. They still have to go about their public duties so as to not spook and warn all the other sickos that the Storm is coming for. Nevermind that every Bob Q TikTok and Karen Q Facebook knows about it somehow; the elites will be SO surprised when the trap springs!!!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

SlimGoodbody posted:

Right. And I don't give a poo poo about hypocrisy or craven self-interest, if Donny wants to buy the winning votes from the middle/lower class then let him. He could hilariously end up the best president for workers in decades.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Xaris posted:

they’re like $9 too but goons love it like thst. wontfix

actually, the Crunchwrap Supreme can be enjoyed as part of the $6 cravings box. Dive in Gamers

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

MuadDib Atreides posted:

They'll rig the election against Trump if the vote scolding and nonstop media hit pieces don't work. Either way he ain't winning

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
T was going around saying the US was a third world country under B. Lib journals were posting it as an own in an "America is already great" fashion. Not sure if he is saying this to own B or because he actually has his finger on the pulse of America....

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

That's the loving wildcard thing about that rear end in a top hat. His motivations and inputs are EXTREMELY different than the majority of the establishment. Where they have pencil shavings and neolib econ charts that say poor people have to die, he has craven self interest, paranoia, a pathological need to be loved by people he ultimately loathes, and zero respect for "our vaunted institutions."

This leads him to see an out of control black swan event like COVID and hit the panic button that says "send everyone $2,000 checks with my face on them" instead of the tried and true neolib catch-all response of saying they feel your pain, they're very concerned, they're forming an investigative committee on the feasibility of offering deferred tax credits on student loans for students of color studying STEM in a lower-medium income city if both their parents had no pre-existing conditions and verifiably died of COVID between 2020 and 2022.

Nothus posted:

They'll rig the election against Trump if the vote scolding and nonstop media hit pieces don't work. Either way he ain't winning

We saw how they kneecapped Bernie so I am SUPER curious to see them work that playbook on a guy who ultimately is too brainwormed and spiteful to play ball. Should be "fun," for a factor of "fun" that includes the variable "this man has a cult of personality filled with armed psychos who would kill and die for him and already believe the election was stolen once."

SlimGoodbody has issued a correction as of 00:15 on Aug 1, 2023

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Glue for milk photographs is really common, too.
I work as a designer at an agency that does food and beverage packaging and yeah, there are a lot of tricks our photographers use just because the actual ingredients themselves would melt and/or get real nasty under studio lighting. Glue instead of milk is obvious in the sense that it won't make cereal soggy; using vegetable oil to make me look juicy/cooked without having to actually cook it, etc.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
I hope trump campaigns on bringing integrity to fast food advertisements

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

no lube so what posted:

I hope trump campaigns on bringing integrity to fast food advertisements

Fast food is one of the only things he actually cares about, so I could see it

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
"Mr. McDonald, fill up this bun!"

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

SlimGoodbody posted:

Fast food is one of the only things he actually cares about, so I could see it

"Secure Elections, Secure Hamberders"

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our double quarter pounders of today."

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Don't want to come across as defending brands here because I'm not, but this doesn't address the actual contents or quality of the products, just points out that they are made by the same brands. Which is only half the equation. There's lots of cases where the same brand will do a cheaper offbrand version of a product but they do it by greatly widening their tolerance limits and/or reducing the quality standards and changing the ingredients. Taking the infant formula example from that page - just because it's made by Abbott doesn't mean that it's an identical product to their flagship formulas. It very well may be, but you can only determine that by looking at what the ingredient mix is and what the tolerances are on the manufacturing, you can't just say "same company, therefore identical".

tldr the kirkland coffee is the starbucks coffee that failed QC check by some amount

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

tldr the kirkland coffee is the starbucks coffee that failed QC check by some amount

So standard Starbucks coffee then

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Abner Assington posted:

using vegetable oil to make me look juicy

:heysexy:

also all ice cream is actually mashed potatoes, but that's less deceptive and more out of necessity because ice cream won't last more than 2 minutes under studio lighting

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Companies should just do what they do in Japan and pay astounding amounts of money to the one artist outfit that painstakingly recreates copies of food out of other materials for display purposes.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Nothus posted:

Congratulations, your post from July 22, 2016 has been processed and posted to the Something Awful Forums! We pray to god it didn't suck.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nothus posted:

they won't do poo poo, if Trump wins by 0.1% in Pennsylvania the media/political class will cry and write articles about it and at most maybe go buy a vacation home in Canada or something, then 2028 will be the next Most Important Election of Our Lives

Trump isn't a genuine threat to their way of life, he made them all a whole lot of money last time he was in office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

looking forward to the class action settlement of one (1) free soft taco