Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Goons, we have a great sopranos thread in blockbuster video to talk about this. Right now we need to focus on important feedback topics like the pizza or lack thereof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Goons, we have a great sopranos thread in blockbuster video to talk about this. Right now we need to focus on important feedback topics like the pizza or lack thereof.

:thanks: yeah sopranos chat can move elsewhere even tho the show owns

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
What's everyone's favorite kind of Pepperoni?

Big pepperoni

Regular

The kind that curls up a bit into a cup shape?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Pepperoni feedback: Regular but I'm not against the old world cup ones either.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

teemolover42069 posted:

all this 'shutting down discussion by flooding the thread with irrelevant posts' thing wouldn't be acceptable if it were being done about any other topic

People are changing the subject because you aren't saying anything new, there's nobody disagreeing with you, and by your own admission the thing your complaining about isn't really happening in GBS.

Anyways The Aquabats already declared Friday to be pizza day so I don't want to hear poo poo about Mondays.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i made my outlook on the topic known immediately. solefald has also posted to that effect. other mods and iks are probably not watching atm. this is a discussion that is very well tread ground, which is why it is being treated flippantly, and basically all the points have been made already. i don't think any of the iks/mods want more or less moderation than is currently applied. i don't know what "conclusion" is expected here

It also gets brought up by the same couple people who, rightly or wrongly, elicit steong opinions and responses. And it happens every single time.

It's a dead and buried argument at this point, whichever side of it you're on. At this point it just feels like an attempt at a gotcha moment if the winds feel right. That leads to a disingenuous feeling, and everyone involved starts the same sniping with a few new people added on each side every time. It's dumb as poo poo.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i think we can all agree that we should ban that rereg guy that got into an argument with a teenage girl and tried to play it off as him being badass it might even bring us all together

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i think we can all agree that we should ban that rereg guy that got into an argument with a teenage girl and tried to play it off as him being badass it might even bring us all together
This is a fine enough plan, owing to the difficulty of finding this girl and buying her an account so she can just continue dunking on him.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

It also gets brought up by the same couple people who, rightly or wrongly, elicit steong opinions and responses. And it happens every single time.

It's a dead and buried argument at this point, whichever side of it you're on. At this point it just feels like an attempt at a gotcha moment if the winds feel right. That leads to a disingenuous feeling, and everyone involved starts the same sniping with a few new people added on each side every time. It's dumb as poo poo.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

yeah let the healing begin

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Train him to a thread and make him get hopped up on goofballs, get owned by teenagers on the internet, and report back

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
There seems to be a big forums wide debate about twitter embeds.

I'm posting this in defense of twitter embeds.

https://twitter.com/BeAmazd/status/1685107166498422784

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Good last couple of pages. Anyway, if you really want to hurl an insult call someone a "GBS poster"

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Literally A Person posted:

Good last couple of pages. Anyway, if you really want to hurl an insult call someone a "GBS poster moderator"

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

also known as a white noise generator and validator respectively

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hosed up, homie.

hosed up.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rust Martialis posted:

This idea that it only offends Americans is some delusion that just won't die. It's truly baffling how devoted the UK and Australian posters here at insisting their usage is somehow universal when it's clearly not.

It is 100% the exact same slur in the UK and Australia they're just way more insistent about using it

On an unrelated note, the r-word is a term of endearment where I grew up in the Appalachians so I am formally requesting special dispensation to use it in my threads

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

textbook agitating

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Textbook agitating is also part of our culture but it's not one I wish to share with the forums

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

It is 100% the exact same slur in the UK and Australia they're just way more insistent about using it

On an unrelated note, the r-word is a term of endearment where I grew up in the Appalachians so I am formally requesting special dispensation to use it in my threads

I'm reminded of the poster on the Goonstation forums who insisted that the n-word was just a term of endearment in Australia, as none of them had ever heard it before so it was just a cute exotic word to them.

Or the other guy who insisted that the f-word wasn't a slur in the UK, and just meant 'a bundle of sticks', and when questioned why he kept calling people he was having tiffs with 'a bundle of sticks', he broke character and went on a rant about how much he hate LGBT people and how the staff were all LGBT people, just in all slur.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Kchama posted:

Or the other guy who insisted that the f-word wasn't a slur in the UK, and just meant 'a bundle of sticks', and when questioned why he kept calling people he was having tiffs with 'a bundle of sticks', he broke character and went on a rant about how much he hate LGBT people and how the staff were all LGBT people, just in all slur.

Holy poo poo, that sounds amazing :allears:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A little ironic as the short-form f-word absolutely is a casual and neutral term referring to a cigarette. An english person asking to 'bum a fag' is making a fairly benign request.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

*checking the agitators guide to posting* did you know in britain people routinely say "I'd like to deport all the minorities" as a colourful way of asking for a cup of tea?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Fag (cigarette) useage is heavily dropping off overall in the UK. Not even sure why it was a thing

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

My feedback is that that SA Mart thread of epic name guy's should be in the comedy goldmine instead of the gas chamber.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Geemer posted:

My feedback is that that SA Mart thread of epic name guy's should be in the comedy goldmine instead of the gas chamber.

agreed actually

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

SAD thread opened, please weigh in when the mods there open it :thanks:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4038344

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Is someone actually invoking the GAS CHAMBER CHALLANGE?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

no.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Wiener

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Drone_Fragger posted:

Is someone actually invoking the GAS CHAMBER CHALLANGE?

:dafuq:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The only challenge i'm invoking is challenge pissing

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Checking the rules of it Ralp is permabanned anyway so I guess its moot.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

That thread should seriously be goldmined it's very funny.

Nom Epique is divisive though and particularly up poo poo creek with anyone with buttons so it'll never happen - but that's precisely why he's funny.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

shut down by the man

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Tragic, truly a case of goldmine just being an old boys club of who you know rather than a meritocratic repository of funny threads.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Drone_Fragger posted:

Tragic, truly a case of goldmine just being an old boys club of who you know rather than a meritocratic repository of funny threads.

:what:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Drone_Fragger posted:

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Drone_Fragger posted:

huh