Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Grip it and rip it posted:

Payton will definitely get something out of Russ.

His delicious, delicious organs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Grip it and rip it posted:

Payton will definitely get something out of Russ.

payton will become the bronco's golden tate

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Super Bowl is about to get slimed!

https://twitter.com/CBSMornings/status/1686355739491569665?s=20

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

bull poop

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
God don't get me started on this again. He got the first down, and even if he didn't it was super super close. The yellow line was way off on that play.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

God don't get me started on this again. He got the first down, and even if he didn't it was super super close. The yellow line was way off on that play.

The only time ray rice was able to punch through, he got suspended by the league

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Sorry i've been listening to too much mike lombardi and getting annoyed at his airport book reading level knowledge of economics. "It's good for teams to save money!" genius, bravo, totally getting to the heart of it

Sam Vecenie a guy who doesn’t even cover American football and lives in Australia at least looked up who Taylor’s agent was - the largest agent in MMA. Pretty much every NFL analyst I’ve read including Lombardi hasn’t bothered to do this and refers to him as “some guy” with a hint of racist overtones (not saying Lombardi is doing this intentionally)

NFL reporting on labour issues outside of people who work for the Athletic or Domonique Foxworth or FO alumni is universally trash and pro owner

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

:bisonyes:

Was thinking what green-themed chicken wings I'd have for the event then was reminded of a solution after watching this week's Binging with Babish of an older episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApHZyGZgbvA

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

:bisonyes:

Was thinking what green-themed chicken wings I'd have for the event then was reminded of a solution after watching this week's Binging with Babish of an older episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApHZyGZgbvA

simpsons did it

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I just hope they don't bring back the cumsnow cannons from last year's Christmas game

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Burleson was such a great cast for the nickelodeon games

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Repeatedly checking the post date to make sure this isn’t an April fool’s

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How long has it been since You Can't Do That on Television premiered? Maybe let the slime go

Is the original cast even still all alive? I don't mean Alasdair Gillis or Alanis.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I mean, it’s kind of been a brand staple for a bunch of 90s game shows, the theme park, the kids choice awards. It wasn’t just that show.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The slime was here before you, the slime will be here after you

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

No Butt Stuff posted:

I mean, it’s kind of been a brand staple for a bunch of 90s game shows, the theme park, the kids choice awards. It wasn’t just that show.

The place had a slime fountain ffs

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The slime was here before you, the slime will be here after you

If Patrick were to die the Krusty Krab would open tomorrow

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Catching up on Robert Mays' podcast and I thought the extremely premature lookahead at coaching candidates was funny. Mostly in that they spent the whole thing talking about how X's and O's don't make a coach, what really matters is the friends you made along the way. Also The Athletic: puts out a 5 part documentary on how all the best young coaches, headlined by Kyle Shanahan, are total loving sociopaths who spend 22 hours a day thinking about Xs and Os. And the other 2 thinking about how to crush everyone else under their boot including coworkers and family in pursuit of their own greatness.

I think he also said he could see 10 coaching openings next year which seems... insane? There's never that many, and just looking around the league most of the bad teams already have new coaches. Unless he''s expecting a bunch of dudes like Belichick and Carroll and Tomlin and McVay to all retire I have no idea how you get to more than ~5

Anyway I was mostly just lollin at the cognitive dissonance of "relationships are what matter" and also "Jourdan Rodrigue thought Kyle Shanahan might murder her in his office". We can save lollin at bad coaches for Benne's thread in a couple months

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Docjowles posted:

I think he also said he could see 10 coaching openings next year which seems... insane? There's never that many, and just looking around the league most of the bad teams already have new coaches. Unless he''s expecting a bunch of dudes like Belichick and Carroll and Tomlin and McVay to all retire I have no idea how you get to more than ~5

Didn't we have 8 openings a couple years back?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Let's see....

Probably fired with a bad year:

Staley
Stefanski
Rivera
Saleh
Bowles
Allen
McDaniels
Arthur Smith

Less likely to be fired, but still could be:

Vrabel
Campbell
Eberflus

Could see a world where they retire:

Carroll, Belichick

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Let's see....

Staley
Stefanski
Rivera
Saleh
Bowles
Allen
McDaniels
Arthur Smith

Vrabel
Campbell
Eberflus

Carroll, Belichick
I bet the Cardinals fire Peewee Herman if they only win 1 game and have the top pick the following year.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Belichick isn’t retiring until he passes Shula.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Kalli posted:

Let's see....

Staley
Stefanski
Rivera
Saleh
Bowles
Allen
McDaniels
Arthur Smith

Vrabel
Campbell
Eberflus

Carroll, Belichick

Campbell and Holmes are completely safe no matter how bad the Lions are this year, short of committing actual crimes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Today I learned the Bears are trying to build a stadium out in bumfuck nowhere despite having one of the best stadium situations a team could possibly have: A stadium right in the middle of downtown.

Downtown stadiums rule. Everyone can get to them just like driving to work, there is poo poo to do outside of the stadium, public transit goes right there.

I assume this is a racism-based move? The owner hire someone to break into some cars during a game to gin up some hysterical news coverage?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Soldier Field is one of if not the the smallest stadiums in the US. It also sucks.

Nothing to do with racism. Just $$$$$$$.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yeah, it's the smallest capacity in the league I think, and no dome, so it'll never host a Super Bowl. Also, it's owned by the Chicago Park District who refused to change the playing surface forever.

The soccer team will enjoy using it once the Bears move to one of the suburbs/exurbs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Carroll, Belichick

Andy Reid is getting up there a bit in years so that's a theoretical possibility I suppose.

He's also having the most fun he's ever had coaching so, you know, probably not, but I could imagine it happening.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I bet the Cardinals fire Peewee Herman if they only win 1 game and have the top pick the following year.

Yeah, I didn't list out any of the first year guys, because they should be safe... but yeah, if anyone's 1 and done it's probably Gannon.

Hizawk posted:

Campbell and Holmes are completely safe no matter how bad the Lions are this year, short of committing actual crimes.

I don't think it's likely at all, but if the Lions really faceplant this year, I could see him going. Same with Eberflus if Fields doesn't turn into anything and Vrabel if they just completely melted down. I don't think it's necessarily the smart thing to do, it's just hard to keep a guy into year 4 or beyond if they put up like 4 wins.

fartknocker posted:

Belichick isn’t retiring until he passes Shula.

Grittybeard posted:

Andy Reid is getting up there a bit in years so that's a theoretical possibility I suppose.

He's also having the most fun he's ever had coaching so, you know, probably not, but I could imagine it happening.

For both Carroll & Belichick I just look at how, in a job full of curmudgeonly old fucks who worked until they died... nobody's ever started a season as an NFL head coach over age 72. Just really hard for me to get past that. Andy's "only" 65, so while I doubt he'll make it to 2030, I don't see him going while life's this good.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Belichick coaching 3-4 more years just to break a record probably doesn’t align with Kraft’s timeline if they’re a .500 team the next couple years.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Docjowles posted:

Catching up on Robert Mays' podcast and I thought the extremely premature lookahead at coaching candidates was funny. Mostly in that they spent the whole thing talking about how X's and O's don't make a coach, what really matters is the friends you made along the way. Also The Athletic: puts out a 5 part documentary on how all the best young coaches, headlined by Kyle Shanahan, are total loving sociopaths who spend 22 hours a day thinking about Xs and Os. And the other 2 thinking about how to crush everyone else under their boot including coworkers and family in pursuit of their own greatness.

Anyway I was mostly just lollin at the cognitive dissonance of "relationships are what matter" and also "Jourdan Rodrigue thought Kyle Shanahan might murder her in his office". We can save lollin at bad coaches for Benne's thread in a couple months

I appreciate your thoughts on this stuff. I haven’t listened to the 5-part series but I have been listening to Mays podcast now that Tice is on leave.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Belichick coaching 3-4 more years just to break a record probably doesn’t align with Kraft’s timeline if they’re a .500 team the next couple years.

I think that whole thing is nonsense sports radio fluff and Kraft has no timeline beyond scheduling when his dick gets sucked.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Kalli posted:

Let's see....

Staley
Stefanski
Rivera
Saleh
Bowles
Allen
McDaniels
Arthur Smith

Vrabel
Campbell
Eberflus

Carroll, Belichick

zero chance vrabel goes. amy adams just sided with him over their last gm, and they're all aware this is year 1 in a new regime with a new gm. he has at least a 2-3 year leash.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Does being waived with a NFI designation keep him on the payroll without costing a roster or IR spot? Or is Hamler essentially on unpaid leave while he treats his pericarditis?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Bois's Vikings thing drops tonight at 9 Eastern. Or at least the first part of it. I am sure there are many more parts involved.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Grittybeard posted:

There is no world in which Andy Reid voluntarily gives up the privilege of coaching Mahomes.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Criminal Minded posted:

There is no world in which Andy Reid voluntarily gives up the privilege of coaching Mahomes.

I don't know..has he ever seen a Vegas buffet? I could make a good argument for him coaching the Raiders.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Grittybeard posted:

Bois's Vikings thing drops tonight at 9 Eastern. Or at least the first part of it. I am sure there are many more parts involved.

One part every Tuesday until the start of the season, with the finale on Friday September 8th.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1686431095305187328?s=20

Maybe a team like the Bears makes sense? They need to spend money to get to the floor, have a cheap QB for a couple more years, and don't have a great RB room. Fields and Taylor would be fun as hell to watch.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Kalli posted:

Let's see....

Staley
Stefanski
Rivera
Saleh
Bowles
Allen
McDaniels
Arthur Smith

Vrabel
Campbell
Eberflus

Carroll, Belichick

Dorsey potentially if the Bills don't make it past the divisional round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Dejan Bimble posted:

I'm sure I'm 2 weeks late on running back contract chat, but hearing ex NFL gms rant and rave about supply and demand makes me want to kick them in the shins.

You cannot transpose econ 101 terms like supply and demand into a cartel with forced fixed price /fixed destination contracts for the prime of a career.

There is nothing free about that market. The NFL's structure is set up to force certain position players to accept smaller contracts than their production would dictate. The cap savings from those deals usually go to the team version of a CEO, the quarterback. This goes back to the NFL creating the quarterback club and splitting the union that way to break the 87 strike. (and other things but i'm keeping it simple here)

Sorry i've been listening to too much mike lombardi and getting annoyed at his airport book reading level knowledge of economics. "It's good for teams to save money!" genius, bravo, totally getting to the heart of it

Fully agree, you may think this stuff but you shouldn’t say it out loud. Unless they are analyzing other GMs or personnel people I don’t want to hear anything from these dipshits. They’re out of the league for a reason