Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Cannon_Fodder posted:

is he rating his own incarceration? If so, I agree. 25/25, would incarcerate Gonzalo again.

No he posted 25 Xs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Can't afford the eight bux to make one long post no one will read??

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

how's he gonna share ad revenue with Blue subscribers if the only ad revenue is Cheech and Chong weed gummies

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Anders posted:

Can we please stop with the apostrophes now? We get it, English is a stupid language with dumb rules

I'd rather, enjoy the reduction, of commas, because people, don't know how, to use it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elon Musk: Troubling posts

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Do you know how online you have to be to even know who Coach Red Pill is? I'm absolutely certain Elon has a Kiwi Farms account at this point.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Elon not understanding the culture of the platform he bought, I can see that, I can totally understand that.
poo poo, I don't understand what's hip with the kids all the time. Skibidi toilet? Beats me, man

But the fact that he doesn't understand how to even use the website is what gets me
The way he'll take someone's post and save it and repost it rather than clicking retweet
The way he'll reply "troubling posts" rather than like, QRT and "this is a pretty hosed up story and worth a read"

The man has never seen the retweet buttons

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

E the Shaggy posted:

Do you know how online you have to be to even know who Coach Red Pill is? I'm absolutely certain Elon has a Kiwi Farms account at this point.

I know what red pill means but unless you're talking about Gym Jordan I'm at a loss.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Data Graham posted:

Elon Musk: Troubling posts

Trouble Your Post Glory

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Well, it’s over for me, fully deleted my account. After confirming my password it just logged me out and gave me a kick in the rear end, not even a “you can always reactivate if you log in within 30 days “ message or anything.

I stopped using it when Elon took over but I kept it alive in case he sold it or it came back, but this guy’s hopeless. How the gently caress did Tesla happen?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Well, it’s over for me, fully deleted my account. After confirming my password it just logged me out and gave me a kick in the rear end, not even a “you can always reactivate if you log in within 30 days “ message or anything.

I stopped using it when Elon took over but I kept it alive in case he sold it or it came back, but this guy’s hopeless. How the gently caress did Tesla happen?

They let him design the cyber truck and it worked as a distraction. I mean the cars are still poo poo but it's hard to argue they don't run better than twitter.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

How the gently caress did Tesla happen?

liberals

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

E the Shaggy posted:

Omg he’s a loving idiot, the coach red pill guy. I saw one of his videos where he supported Putin at the start of the war. The guy comes from Chile and escaped literal fascism with Pinochet and then he thought Putin was a good guy lol

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tesla mostly had a product before Elon bonjour'd in and bought most of the company when they were on the verge of bankruptcy. Then he lied a bunch about what they could do and everyone drank the koolaid.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

if elon truly was wanting a greener earth he would've licensed out tesla motor tech to toyota and we'd be 10 years ahead of where we are now with Toyota Camrys zooming around all electric like

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

E the Shaggy posted:

Or he follows other people that are more online than he is, and he has absolutely no context or understanding of what he is replying to, just uncritically slapping comments on stuff he sees retweeted

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Like with any rich investor, it's luck. He invested in the right company at the right time when it needed money desperately and was willing to give him everything for the extra money. Then he got lucky and it took off.

Tesla had a good product that other automakers were dragging their feet getting out (they already sold non-electric cars just fine), and they had a new direct-to-consumer sales approach that skipped dealerships that people really liked.

They did well but might have been in an even better position now if Elon didn't waste untold billions on self-driving without lidar development and then Cybertruck. These dumb decisions allowed everyone else to catch up. The pandemic again saved Tesla and disrupted supply chains enough to give them more runway as other automakers couldn't deliver their competing new products in any significant volume, which probably gives Tesla another few years or so of manufacturing EV lead.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 1, 2023

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

spunkshui posted:

So when I saw “blaze your glory” I was curious if BYG had any meanings.

Im dying on this crazy hill.

I can see Lonnie unable to log off, stumbling across the phrase and hitting a bong and being struck with half of a creative idea, and then just stealing the phrase from some hate speech :twitter: - haver without accreditation.

kazil posted:

:rip: anyone hired to be head of Brand Safety at X corp

Not gonna lie, gimme a 7-figure position and a golden parachute for agreeing to do the job, then actually do the job and get shitcanned by Musk for putting the kibosh on enabling stochastic terrorism, then golden parachute away from the X-crement pile with bennies and retirement for 3 months of work. :gritin:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Maybe I just don't follow the news, but it feels like Tesla hasn't produced anything new in like five years.

Which doesn't seem good

The KyberTruk doesn't count.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

steinrokkan posted:

what if he attaches a not a flamethrower and makes it a technical

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Rad Russian posted:

Like with any rich investor, it's luck. He invested in the right company at the right time when it needed money desperately and was willing to give him everything for the extra money. Then he got lucky and it took off.

Tesla had a good product that other automakers were dragging their feet getting out (they already sold non-electric cars just fine), and they had a new director-to-consumer sales approach that skipped dealerships that people really liked.

They did well but might have been in an even better position now if Elon didn't waste untold billions on self-driving without lidar development and then Cybertruck. These dumb decisions allowed everyone else to catch up. The pandemic saved Tesla once again and disrupted supply chains enough to give them more runway as other automakers couldn't deliver their competing new products in any significant volume, which probably gives them another few years or so of manufacturing EV lead.

most of Tesla's success is because of the dumb carbon credit poo poo that they sell to the rest of the industry
and that they're invested in like a tech company and not an automotive one
and also the massive tax breaks they get for being a 'green' automaker that had a substantial portion of their cars literally subsidized by the state to sell

there's nothing actually 'real' about the success of Tesla as it relates to any real product they produce. It's all hype, bullshit, and exploiting current laws

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

Maybe I just don't follow the news, but it feels like Tesla hasn't produced anything new in like five years.

Which doesn't seem good

They also flat out lied about how far their cars can go and told the software to also lie and then like made a whole center of people to lie when you call them about their lies.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-ev-lying-range-much-worse-elon-musk/amp/

Tesla happened because Elon doesn’t give a poo poo about other people.

Another reminder to delete your X app.

You know he’s taking the X blue dollars and sending it to the worst people he can find and if you’re on X you are helping fund that.

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 1, 2023

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Posted in the SF thread

If true... makes a lot of sense. (how Elon is so bad at all this)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BalloonFish posted:

The thing that simultaneously bemuses and annoys me about Musk is - why does everything the richest man in the world does look like such cheap dogshit?

If you had spending power equivalent to a minor country and wanted to be hailed as a visionary futurist, why not go all out on the aesthetics even if the function and tech is flimsy trash?

But it's just a parade of janky, half-assed, ugly looking poo poo. The Tesla factory is half temporary tent and is surrounded by piles of rubbish and off-cuts that occasionally catch fire. That test rig of the SpaceX rockets was literally a water tower with rippled aluminium siding panels glued to the side. The launch site at Boca Chica is all graded roads and portakabins like some improvised military base. That Loop test tunnel had wobbly concrete. The LV Loop looks like a sewer. The Cybertruk looked ugly as a concept and has since sprouted wheel arches, wing mirrors and wiper blades that appear as the rushed, low-effort done-under-protest mods that they are.

And now there's a big X on the roof, supported on massive temporary rigging that is bigger than the actual logo and completely breaks up the shape, held down by sandbags on a roof full of dead plants and scattered plastic garden furniture.

We were promised that megamaniacal billionaire tyrants would at least build a futuristic lair in a volcano with cutting-edge control panels, rooms full of stainless steel tanks and pipes, halls full of supercomputers with rippling banks of lights, a monorail and unbelievably luxurious and good-taste living quarters. But we get this poo poo instead.

I guess it's a mix of:
The love of disruption/move fast and break things, where making it look good or be high quality and safe is a waste.
That a lot of these billionaires are actually leveraged up to their eyeballs and so only have $5 to actually spend in the real world.
A complete disregard for safety, the environment and established good practice.
That a lot of these people have no 'eye' or taste.
That this is all the result of over-worked underlings being told to build a giant X on the roof at 2am and it has to be done within 12hrs.
These guys have the attention span of a mayfly, so they never stay engaged enough to shepherd these ideas through and resource them properly.

And the big one:

They've realised that there are a lot of people out there as stupid as them and who will be impressed by a concrete sewer with RGB lights and a pickup truck from a PS1 game. So why bother?

More than a few pages back, but this is a quality post. Sums up my feelings on the whole mess.

gschmidl posted:

He has no vision, no creativity, nothing. He's an empty shell of fear and hate, despised by the world, except for the bootlickers he despises in turn. A stammering moron, forever alone. The dumbest being in the universe.

Unfortunately he also has no self-awareness or he'd have ended himself long ago.

...and a good follow up.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

ishikabibble posted:

there's nothing actually 'real' about the success of Tesla as it relates to any real product they produce. It's all hype, bullshit, and exploiting current laws
To the extent that they are successful, their secret sauce was to stop asking "how do we make electric cars affordable?" and instead ask "how do we make it appealing to people who would normally buy BMWs so they don't have to be affordable?"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Does he still do the 🤣🤣🤣 thing all the time

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Here in Seattle I can drive down from the north end where I live to my folks' place in Fremont and I'll see twenty Teslas. Stupidity reigns supreme! "I got money so I'll buy a poo poo car!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

poisonpill posted:

Does he still do the 🤣🤣🤣 thing all the time

Yes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Plan R posted:

Stupidity reigns supreme! "I got money so I'll buy a poo poo car!"

The Alfa Romeo experience.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Plan R posted:

Here in Seattle I can drive down from the north end where I live to my folks' place in Fremont and I'll see twenty Teslas. Stupidity reigns supreme! "I got money so I'll buy a poo poo car!"
I had this mutual friend who was one of the first people I personally knew who bought a Tesla. He later wanted to help me with financial advice and I declined.

Feeling good about that choice these days.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

How are things going with Tesla Rideshare, is that still a thing that's totally gonna happen? I just noticed the Cybertruck Wikipedia page ends with a market share blurb touting that as a potential source of income, but it's all based on claims from three or four years ago. I completely forgot about it in the meantime.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Captain Hygiene posted:

How are things going with Tesla Rideshare, is that still a thing that's totally gonna happen? I just noticed the Cybertruck Wikipedia page ends with a market share blurb touting that as a potential source of income, but it's all based on claims from three or four years ago. I completely forgot about it in the meantime.

Appreciating asset!!!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

making extra cash while I sleep renting my cybertruck out as a temporary ferry

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Plan R posted:

And it gets worst as you go over to Bellevue and Redmond, but at least there you see the occasional Ferrari. I live south of Seattle now, and its the same thing; Teslas everywhere, but also big trucks and oversized SUV's because all of the conservatives live in this area and it loving sucks. I fully expect to see Cybertrucks everywhere here.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

seems like a faster way to kill elon simps

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

I said come in! posted:

Teslas everywhere, but also big trucks and oversized SUV's because all of the conservatives live in this area and it loving sucks. I fully expect to see Cybertrucks everywhere here.

You'll see this more likely

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

https://fortune.com/2023/08/01/musk...ay-advertisers/

"In the lawsuit, filed late Monday in San Francisco federal court, X Corp. claims The Center for Countering Digital Hate is illegally “scraping” its servers and cherry picking objectionable posts as part of “a scare campaign to drive away advertisers.”

He actually did it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

dismiss with extreme prejudice plz

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Plan R posted:

They’re everywhere in SoCal but I’m starting to see people branching out on the EV side finally. I’m in good company on the Chevy Bolt side of things and Chevy reversed their stupid loving idiot decision to cancel the car line all together.

Hardcastlemccormik fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Cherry picking is kind of the point? Nobody gives a poo poo that the average post is total white noise. It's the thousands of posters who are openly calling for genocide unchecked that are the problem, even if they make up 1% of posts

"Look I've known you for over three months now and I only shot you once. That's like less than 1% of the time! What's the big deal? You're just trying to make me look bad"