Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Theres a phenomena i've noticed online where people with really bad political opinions assume that all of their posting enemies are uncritical fans of hillary clinton and its always realy funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Just Another Lurker posted:

Apologies in advance for asking but could you provide context as i didn't mean to cause upset but wish to know where i went wrong in this case. :tipshat:

Some people say you're not allowed to say triggered even when it's the right word to use because it's belittling the concept of being triggered by things. I, respectfully, disagree.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Some people say you're not allowed to say triggered even when it's the right word to use because it's belittling the concept of being triggered by things. I, respectfully, disagree.

I mean you can probably use "upset" or something in the same context and it would be fine. But I do agree the ship has sailed

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Mr Phillby posted:

Theres a phenomena i've noticed online where people with really bad political opinions assume that all of their posting enemies are uncritical fans of hillary clinton and its always realy funny.

Given the nature of the thread it has a possibly majority number of European posters we were quite bemused, this turned to hilarity when the amount of money being spent came to light. :shrug:

As for "triggered" i can use a synonym in the future.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Just Another Lurker posted:

Given the nature of the thread it has a possibly majority number of European posters we were quite bemused, this turned to hilarity when the amount of money being spent came to light. :shrug:

do you talk like this in person

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1686416546472579072

:allears:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kecske posted:

Do any of us?

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
so like, in light of lil rishi f**k head and his family making a £1 billion deal with BP/infosys before the s**t announced those new oil wells

what can actually be done there? it’s pure transparent corruption but besides pointing to it (which Labour hasn’t done yet) what is the way to move forward with this

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Crystal Thenis posted:

so like, in light of lil rishi f**k head and his family making a £1 billion deal with BP/infosys before the s**t announced those new oil wells

what can actually be done there? it’s pure transparent corruption but besides pointing to it (which Labour hasn’t done yet) what is the way to move forward with this

Can you point to it right now so I can read about it please?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

kecske posted:

Pretty sure these are pixels on a screen and not sound waves. :razzy:

I sound like the Rev Ian Paisley with randomly slurred speech, so i limit my spoken vocabulary... the written word is an entirely different matter.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

kecske posted:

Sometimes people give me an annoyed look on the tube and I say to them, "turn on your monitor"

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Crystal Thenis posted:

what can actually be done there?

You won't find an answer for that here.

Not without someone getting arrested.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Can you point to it right now so I can read about it please?
https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1686050877679845379

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lol FFS kill me now. He doesn't even drink pints!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Can't big rod or someone do something?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ah well. Nevertheless..

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

i think using it in a non-clinical way is something that's associated with shitheads like alex jones and paul joseph wotsit and that lot
The bigger problem with those men is that they are rapists.

Which presents a convenient solution, we can give them a fair trial and then regardless of the outcome whip their block and tackle off with one of those things you put in a drill and use for livestock.

Then we can talk about the triggers and such again.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
I think that half pint charlatan is actually going to/has already caused more damage than liz truss

I want to float in a void and scream but 🤷‍♂️ nobody cares, business as usual, nothing to see

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Can't big rod or someone do something?

Hunter Biden has no jurisdiction over here

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

DUP fighting like rats in a lovely sack

https://twitter.com/suzyjourno/status/1686469349421305856?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

lol that might be the poshest heckling i've ever heard

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

wonder if it's their voters getting pissed off at the absolute state of loving everything here

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

crispix posted:

wonder if it's their voters getting pissed off at the absolute state of loving everything here

thought yous are best of both worlds now in NI?

asides from the whole non functioning govt part

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Crystal Thenis posted:

what

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

excuse me

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Crystal Thenis posted:

Compared to England & Wales? More than likely yes.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Crystal Thenis posted:

What I wouldn’t give for the UK to have a non-functioning government

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Scientastic posted:

What I wouldn’t give for the UK to have a non-functioning government

same

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

An example of how well things are going in NI was a recent announcement that there will be no money this winter to grit any roads. They are going to just leave people to skid and slide and die because, well, gently caress you.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
there is such a lack of friction on your border I could skid some salt packs over from north wales, fella

one small push and it’s off

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Daniwah!

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Do literally anybody else in the UK besides tories do the sleeves-rolled-up-ready-to-get-stuck-in thing. Like in the recent hot weather not even the gaggles of high finance big lads in blue shirts wandering past our office were doing it.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/nocontextbrits/status/1686448055883546630?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

grobbo
May 29, 2014

As Twitter has pointed out, they appear to have actually photoshopped a pint into Rishi's hand, which raises the question of just how bad it originally lookd.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

state of that pint, needs a flake in it

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Laffo, I know the girl in the background. Not what I was expecting to see this morning, assuming this is GBBF?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

"Black Dub" is just one letter away from "Black Dubh" ie Black Black. :rolleyes:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Dude who comes in from the right is pulling moves straight out of Disco Elysium

Jacked-up footwork plus some Ubi folk dancing

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Aug 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chubby Henparty posted:

Do literally anybody else in the UK besides tories do the sleeves-rolled-up-ready-to-get-stuck-in thing. Like in the recent hot weather not even the gaggles of high finance big lads in blue shirts wandering past our office were doing it.

Just GPs in my experience