Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i dont show id to anyone ever at costco and never have any problems

I do when they ask me. Because I have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

sucks!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

wondering what gets one goon profiled at costco, while another gets the vip customer service experience. quite strange. what makes the difference? is it the goon, or is it the costco?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I look like a chud. In all honesty. :(

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i only go with my buddy and hes the account holder

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I look like a chud. In all honesty. :(

oh. my. god. they really are discriminated against?!1!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dick Fontaine posted:

oh. my. god. they really are discriminated against?!1!

You don't know persecution until you look and dress like a straight white cis male.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVKKRzemX_w

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

costcopilled

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

sometimes i buy the hotdogs, sometimes he buys the hot dogs: its a give and take relationship

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Theotus posted:

Are you talking about the frozen ones? Those rule.

They taste pretty good but the kitchen stinks for days whether you sear or roast them. This from a guy who regularly cooks with sardines and kimchi

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I get salmon filets from Aldi sometimes and they don't stick up the kitchen.

As a matter of fact, my new preferred method for salmon is to pan fry in a non-stick pan. I think it's 3 minutes skin side up on high heat and 4 skin down. Or reversed. Either way, turns out great and I don't smell anything.

Frozen.... eh yeah, that might cause more of an issue with the thawing and all.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

salmon patties and croquettes are made with canned salmon which is a stinkier affair

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah real salmon smells nice. This is pervert poo poo

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Spent $150 today and had Costco delivered, it's super handy but not as cool as going there

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Can't believe someone would get 100 hot dogs + sodas delivered. Crazy times.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I joined costco in 2019 and they took my picture and they won’t let you in unless you show your id wtf

do you guys live in alaska or something

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

pencilhands posted:

I joined costco in 2019 and they took my picture and they won’t let you in unless you show your id wtf

do you guys live in alaska or something

Had a picture ID up here for decades my friend

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I had the roast beef sandwich today and it was pretty good. Very filling, made me sleepy after eating it. While the $9.99 price tag seems like a bit much, it's about what you'd pay for a similar sandwich at one of the popular sandwich chains. That being said, it is hard to justify the price when you can pay the same amount and get a whole pizza, or just get a hot dog and soda (with free refill) for $1.50.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

I am British and American supermarkets trigger some sort of fight or flight response ok a small forest mammal from how big everything is.
the one time I've been to costco I almost triggered some sort of anxiety cold fusion event.

Evolution has given me a (totally logical imo) existential terror of amounts of ice cream larger than my own head.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

binge crotching posted:

But one of the main reasons to grill them outside is to keep the smell and heat of the cooking out of the house in the summer. It's like salmon, I would never ever broil it in the oven when I can grill it outside and not stink up the house.

I use my Instant Pot outside all the time. It's my main strategy for keeping the house from smelling like a brewery when I do it, even.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I wish there was a Kirkland brand grilled salmon scented candle. gonna put that on the comment card next time

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

and when I get the candle I will burn it all the time

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Tatsuta Age posted:

and when I get the candle I will burn it all the time

It seems to me, you lived your life, like a candle made of fish

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

you render some salmon bellies then add some lye and you’re most of the way there

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

strain canned salmon oil and slap it in a wicked lantern

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
When I was last at Costco, the person in front of us was trying to pass bad checks. But the part of that story that’s relevant is that she was also purchasing fish that you could smell through the packaging and down the register, and before she held up the line for 20 minutes trying to commit fraud, she held up the line for five minutes asking every Costco associate she could flag down if it was supposed to smell like that.

Even if it is, do you want your car to smell like the Newport Bayfront for days? Do you want to imbue everything in your fridge with Eau du Whale Corpse?

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Zero VGS posted:

It seems to me, you lived your life, like a candle made of fish

Lmao

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

i bought a lego set for something like 30 dollars cheaper than retail today. its super cute and has sharks and a skeleton and stuff, it will be fun to build it with the kids :3: especially nice because it hadnt been put on the floor yet due to some confusion (it shares a product number with a completely different set) but one of the floor managers knew i was looking for it and was able to get me one. PBUC and decent managers

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Sex Robot posted:

I am British and American supermarkets trigger some sort of fight or flight response ok a small forest mammal from how big everything is.
the one time I've been to costco I almost triggered some sort of anxiety cold fusion event.

Evolution has given me a (totally logical imo) existential terror of amounts of ice cream larger than my own head.

In the UK if you possess more than 100g of ice cream you have committed multiple felonies and will die in prison. Your fears are well founded, but they stem from fear of punishment, not ice cream.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

The best part about Costco samples is laughing at the chuds greedily waiting for the mini cheeseburgers or whatever to finish cooking while giving desperate side-eyes like some sort of starving dog to make sure nobody cuts in front of them. All red in the face from their high blood pressure and cholesterol, and blocking the aisle with their cart.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

My go-to move for the sample folks if they start to talk is to smile and say "those are great I've got some at home!" without ever slowing down.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Sloppy posted:

The best part about Costco samples is laughing at the chuds greedily waiting for the mini cheeseburgers or whatever to finish cooking while giving desperate side-eyes like some sort of starving dog to make sure nobody cuts in front of them. All red in the face from their high blood pressure and cholesterol, and blocking the aisle with their cart.

In a reasonable world, taking from the sample carts would activate a trap door. You fall into the endless putrified sea of onions that have been rotting in the basement since they took the crank away.

lgcty5
Jan 4, 2003
Samples are the sole reason my kids get excited to go grocery shopping. Taking them away would significantly reduce the amount of Costco trips we take which would clearly be a net loss for the world. (But a net gain for my net worth.) They are very polite though and frequently make the older Sample Folks smile so hopefully we aren't too insufferable.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I use my Instant Pot outside all the time. It's my main strategy for keeping the house from smelling like a brewery when I do it, even.

I'm sorry, do you not want your house to smell like a brewery?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I had an issue where my Costco card wasn't working at the pump, so I went in and they snapped a fresh pic and issued a fresh card. This was about 10 hours away from home. In 2020. So now my Costco pic has the straps from a covid mask and me with disheveled hair. It's awful!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

You can get a new one whenever you want

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Yeah but you know. Effort. Plus they mail you a new citi card too so whatever. I'm gonna let it ride.

Oh and I went today and ran into my neighbor. Gotta add her to the people I've seen at Costco list. It's up to 7!

I bought some of the patio solar puck lights they are getting rid of with a. 97 price. I had to think long and hard about a three burner camp stove. I kinda wanted it at 169.97 when I was there last, this time it was marked down to a cool $100. Even at that price I don't like camping anyway so I let it go.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Sex Robot posted:

wtf, ole blighty has the 'co too. ive been to the one in leeds and i dont think it was noticeably smaller than normal ones

good pizza too. roast chicken i think?

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011

Raluek posted:

wtf, ole blighty has the 'co too. ive been to the one in leeds and i dont think it was noticeably smaller than normal ones

good pizza too. roast chicken i think?

Despite being American, I've never been to a Co in the states, just the one in Southampton. Can confirm the roast chicken and pizza are indeed very good. Can also vouch for the lemon cheesecake, very pleasant samples people, and optical experience. Interested to see if Costcos around London are any bigger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
We're having a jobsite BBQ again which is gonna be a huge Costco run. What am I gonna forget? My coworker already reminded me of cheese. We'll have hotdogs and burgers, chips, potato salad, fruit and drinks. Plus all the plates and napkins etc.