Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm starting to pay attention to eidolon level and realized my Sushang is E4 while my Dan is E0. I'm thinking of switching my main DPS to Sushang so I'm also not doubling up on Wind between Dan and Sampo on my teams. I don't have any 5* main damage dealers yet. And for this double event, I'm thinking of doubling up on World 3 because it seems that those two sets seem to have the most cross-character use, no?

Also checking out my warp stats and seeing "unluckier than 97% of users" feels badman.

World 3 and 7 are both good choices, each have 2 usable sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I need a Salsotto Ice orb, a Broken Keel set for Hook and probably some more Space Sealing Station pieces.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Not related to the event but I managed to score a set of speed boots for the Healer set. Need 1 more I think. The substats suck but Nat just needs the speed and I have an HP shirt as well.

I'm going to build a Hook team with Asta and March. Maybe Nat or Fireblazer. Haven't settled on the 4th yet.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm starting to pay attention to eidolon level and realized my Sushang is E4 while my Dan is E0. I'm thinking of switching my main DPS to Sushang so I'm also not doubling up on Wind between Dan and Sampo on my teams. I don't have any 5* main damage dealers yet. And for this double event, I'm thinking of doubling up on World 3 because it seems that those two sets seem to have the most cross-character use, no?

My ~*boyfriend*~ runs E1 Sushang and says she is very good. Also this is from 1.0 (so it's probably skewed towards MoC 1.0 enemies?) but:

(I have no idea what 'W' means (unless it's like 'wan' as in 10k?), but the yellow bar means the amount of damage from break, I believe.) Anyway Sushang is good yo.

My personal priorities are World 7 > World 3 > World 6 >>> everything else. Although... it's pretty hard to hit the 70% crit threshold for Rutilant unless you're already pretty geared, or if the character already had some passive crit in their kit (or your crit ratio's wildly off). Salsotto in World 6 is good but Belobog is only marginally useful (that is, if you're running a DEF-based Preservation unit).

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

whens the next event we get a free sick 4* weapon for

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tatsuta Age posted:

whens the next event we get a free sick 4* weapon for

Probably 1.4, since next patch is likely a free 4* character? Not sure tho, I was really expecting the free 4* character event this patch.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
We just got Yukong this patch though (and last patch was Silver Wolf's free cone)? So lightcone should be next patch.

Hopefully it'll be for Fu Xuan? Seeing as there aren't too many HP-based Preservation cones right now.

edit: Oh wait right, never mind, Sushang was leaked for next patch. Oh well, bummer.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 2, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tree Reformat posted:

Probably 1.4, since next patch is likely a free 4* character? Not sure tho, I was really expecting the free 4* character event this patch.
I guess they counted Yukong as the free 4-star for this patch, even though that's permanent. And if they're giving out a Sushang in 1.3, they've broken with Genshin's pattern of alternating between a character and a weapon with each patch, so all bets are off forever. It's the wild west out here!

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 2, 2023

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The game absolutely refuses to give me a Wind Fleet of the Ageless sphere for Bronya or a Lightning Inert Salsotto sphere for Jing Yuan, even when I'm getting double

Either way, really like this event's structure more than the "you get two double uses every day" one

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

I guess they counted Yukong as the free 4-star for this patch, even though that's permanent. And if they're giving out a Sushang in 1.3, they've broken with Genshin's pattern of alternating between a character and a weapon with each patch, so all bets are off forever. It's the wild west out here!

I think trying to read the tea leaves based on what genshin does or doesn't do is only going to get more inaccurate the longer this game lives

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm reasonably sure that since the game doesn't need to have full combat physics and so on, Star Rail is probably easier and cheaper to develop for than Genshin, so it getting a denser update schedule makes sense

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Wow that's a nice substat upgrade, TOO BAD ITS FOR LUOCHA ON HEALING GLOVES.

Seriously this motherfucker is hogging all my substats.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Walla posted:

a Broken Keel set for Hook

?

JT Jag posted:

The game absolutely refuses to give me a Wind Fleet of the Ageless sphere for Bronya or a Lightning Inert Salsotto sphere for Jing Yuan, even when I'm getting double

Either way, really like this event's structure more than the "you get two double uses every day" one

why use a wind orb for bronya instead of a more generic defensive one? 100% crit yeah but it's not like she's pumping out damage regardless

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ohhhh my gooooood Kafkaaaaa is next weeeeeek

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Futaba Anzu posted:

?

why use a wind orb for bronya instead of a more generic defensive one? 100% crit yeah but it's not like she's pumping out damage regardless

I meant the other new set. The one that gives crit for basic and skill use. Just got the 2 confused.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Endorph posted:

curio for the one that gives you more curios when you break something

Best curio

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Meowywitch posted:

Ohhhh my gooooood Kafkaaaaa is next weeeeeek

let me innnnnnnn

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i think i might be gaslighting myself, do basic and skill attacks incur the same speed values next turn? in this example i have serval and bronya with the same speed value (but serval goes first). most times serval ends up going first in proceeding turns but sometimes when i basic attack to start off, she ends up behind bronya. what's up with that?

Walla posted:

I meant the other new set. The one that gives crit for basic and skill use. Just got the 2 confused.

ahh true

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I actually got a decent set of speed boots. Of course every upgrade will go into flat defense or hp but it's a good start.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Futaba Anzu posted:

i think i might be gaslighting myself, do basic and skill attacks incur the same speed values next turn? in this example i have serval and bronya with the same speed value (but serval goes first). most times serval ends up going first in proceeding turns but sometimes when i basic attack to start off, she ends up behind bronya. what's up with that?

ahh true

Bronya's talent boosts her in turn order when she uses her basic. It's a big reason why she can be a good support even if she's just pressing Q because she generates SO much sp.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Eimi posted:

Bronya's talent boosts her in turn order when she uses her basic. It's a big reason why she can be a good support even if she's just pressing Q because she generates SO much sp.

i'm using skill on bronya always in this example though

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

What's better for Natasha? Outgoing Healing shirt or an HP shirt? I've almost never used her so I have no clue.

Same question for Luocha really. Outgoing Healing or Attack?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

i'm using skill on bronya always in this example though

Oh, ooooh. Speed is fractional. No it's not displayed. Make sure the displayed value for Serval is higher.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Eimi posted:

Oh, ooooh. Speed is fractional. No it's not displayed. Make sure the displayed value for Serval is higher.

yeah but if serval is going first on the first turn then she should have more fractional speed than bronya, right? and serval has higher base speed so any base speed modifications should benefit her slightly more, it's weird

e: i guess there's no other choice other than to remake bronya's entire hackerspace kit so i get the super lucky speed rolls to hit 150 speed on her for fast bronya, eheu

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Walla posted:

What's better for Natasha? Outgoing Healing shirt or an HP shirt? I've almost never used her so I have no clue.

I use Outgoing Healing and Attack respectively

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Walla posted:

Healing for both

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

That was not the last page, whoops.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Outgoing Healing is a multiplier and is best if you just want highest healing throughput overall.

However, my personal take is that healers tend to be your less-leveled units on a team, so HP% on Natasha is a good balance between personal survivability while still providing a bit of healing.

For Luocha, he heals way more than enough anyway, so whatever. I've seen some people suggest Outgoing Healing on chest and then go HP%/DEF% on planar ornaments to give him a little tank. In practice it's never been my Luocha who's in danger of dying anyway.

Either way this is pretty low on my list of priorities so I just kinda give them whatever.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

i actually default to whatever armor set i roll outgoing healing on, because the healer set isn't that groundbreaking

my bailu has the 'take 8% less damage one' and luckily my Natasha has the physical set because i rolled a physical outgoing healing chest. so at least its not a total waste.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

facepalmolive posted:

Outgoing Healing is a multiplier and is best if you just want highest healing throughput overall.

However, my personal take is that healers tend to be your less-leveled units on a team, so HP% on Natasha is a good balance between personal survivability while still providing a bit of healing.

For Luocha, he heals way more than enough anyway, so whatever. I've seen some people suggest Outgoing Healing on chest and then go HP%/DEF% on planar ornaments to give him a little tank. In practice it's never been my Luocha who's in danger of dying anyway.

Either way this is pretty low on my list of priorities so I just kinda give them whatever.

your two statements sort of contradict each other. in comparison to each other, hp% is less valuable since it represents way less healing compared to outgoing healing, and as you say the healer is most often the most tankiest and survival based unit on the team so it's less valuable to sacrifice healing strength just to add a bit more comparable amount of 'empty' bulk to them.

of course this is kinda trumped almost entirely by ultimately the healer role isn't too gear bound so either or would work 'fine' as is

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Does outgoing healing affect how much drain you get from Luocha's talent? As far as I can tell his skill tops people off just fine, but having more drain could be a difference maker when trying to weather back-to-back hits.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
There is zero reason to ever take anything but ATK for Luocha if it's an option. It makes him hit harder and heal better. If he isn't the highest ATK character in your roster, you hosed up.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I like spd boots, atk% chest, err rope, and imaginary orb. You can swap to healing chest and atk rob if that suits your fancy better, but he really does just heal enough as is, and upping his autos from 1k to 2k is a nice boost.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

the temptation to get E1 Blade is high

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

MoC 6 is getting frustrating as gently caress now. It takes me 12 cycles to get past the stupid apes and there's no way I can get past Yanqing in 4 cycles. drat my gear is poo poo.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

GateOfD posted:

the temptation to get E1 Blade is high

Does help his mono-target dps keep up with his multi-target dps.

Although all of his Eidolons are +10% dps on average.

Except E6, which is +41%

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kyrosiris posted:

let me innnnnnnn

drat, and here I was thinking I was doing good sitting on 14k and 15 warps

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mulva posted:

There is zero reason to ever take anything but ATK for Luocha if it's an option. It makes him hit harder and heal better. If he isn't the highest ATK character in your roster, you hosed up.

His damage will never be anything approaching relevant even with 3500+ attack, and he gains a lot more from utility stats like energy regen than he does more attack. He also gains more healing output from a healing output mainstat on the chest than ATK%.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I kind of wish there was a site that would rank relics based on who it is good for. Sometimes I get random relics with what appears to be good substats that are not in line with the primary or set and need to figure out if it is worth anything for anyone. I am assuming for the most part they are useless, but you never know if they will make a dps that scales on effect res or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

as you say the healer is most often the most tankiest and survival based unit on the team

What? I never said that. If anything I said my healer's usually underleveled. Same goes with my support units, they're usually underleveled so I give them HP%/DEF% mainstat pieces too.

My Luocha usually isn't danger of dying but that's because Luocha's a healing machine. But if the enemy decides to focus him, he folds just as easily as any of my other units. He's only tankier than my carries, which I build glass cannon.

Mulva posted:

Counterpoint: I feel like on auto, your harmony units usually target your dude with the highest atk on your team. And I cry every time as Tingyun keeps buffing my Luocha when I auto.