Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Exercu posted:

Oh, Shatner really does not like Vic. Vic told a bit of a tall tale, and Shatner did not like it one bit.

https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/937761172094197760?s=20&t=HYVpIt1HxqVvcmqiOPyr7A

And yeah, Todd Haberkorn has his own credible allegations against him, (I know one of the women in question, even), but Todd was savvy enough to not light his entire career on fire with the propane that is a defamation lawsuit.

Being such a wormy piece of poo poo that even Shatner disavows you is a pretty big achievement, not gonna lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
tbf he's disavowed his closest co-stars

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

FilthyImp posted:

So his daughter was the one posting Chudshit and crying about people being too sensitive?

What

I mean, the 90 year old guy isn't gonna be the one who loves the eyeroll emoji in their tweets and getting into a slap fight with Red Letter Media.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

FilthyImp posted:

So his daughter was the one posting Chudshit and crying about people being too sensitive?

What

My understanding is that social media run by the famous person themselves is rare, most often it's part of their business management people's purview.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

tbf he's disavowed his closest co-stars

More like they all disavowed him, and he thinks he did nothing wrong. The only one of them Shat actually hates back is Takei.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Shatner is a shithead but he’s, like, an actor shithead, not a Poster. He probably would see getting in fights on Twitter as below him.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

I mean, the 90 year old guy isn't gonna be the one who loves the eyeroll emoji in their tweets and getting into a slap fight with Red Letter Media.

You realize his daughter is 58...

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Hughlander posted:

Shatner’s daughter is Rich Evans?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Hughlander posted:

This is exactly the behavior of a 58 year old fail daughter.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It's a shame about Star Trek Continues, cause if memory serves it was a very well done tribute show. Evocative of the original, including a few of the original actors to boot. Vic even kind of worked as a slightly more swarmy Kirk. Would be hard to rewatch given *hand gestures to this thread*.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Shatner is a shithead but he’s, like, an actor shithead, not a Poster. He probably would see getting in fights on Twitter as below him.

I imagine the process was Shatner's daughter told him that there was some weirdo making up stories about him on the twitters, and Shat said something like "call him a lying rear end in a top hat or something." And then went back to doing whatever it is a 90 year old retired multimillionaire does with his waning days on this earth. He probably doesn't even know who the gently caress Vic is.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I imagine every day for a multimillionaire 90 year old is basically the same as shown in the Denny Crane documentary he did with James Spader.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

nine-gear crow posted:

I imagine the process was Shatner's daughter told him that there was some weirdo making up stories about him on the twitters, and Shat said something like "call him a lying rear end in a top hat or something." And then went back to doing whatever it is a 90 year old retired multimillionaire does with his waning days on this earth. He probably doesn't even know who the gently caress Vic is.

Nah, shatner literally tagged the VP of Star trek development in too. He's very consistent about the whole thing. His final word on the situation was this.

https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/1044734344160468992

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Gyges posted:

I imagine every day for a multimillionaire 90 year old is basically the same as shown in the Denny Crane documentary he did with James Spader.

Only with more mad cow disease.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Weirdly, other than being shot into space by Bezos's dick rocket(Which weirdly managed to get through Shat's legendary ego) he's Hosting this weird loving fever dream of a tv show

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Weirdly, other than being shot into space by Bezos's dick rocket(Which weirdly managed to get through Shat's legendary ego) he's Hosting this weird loving fever dream of a tv show

He also hosted Weird or What which was basically "We make fun of conspiracy theories while pretending to give them a fair shake".

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Career trajectory on target.

https://twitter.com/statestace/status/1686537956809388032

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That video is way more unhinged than the description. Like, genuinely, what the gently caress?

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

What work is he currently doing that eoyld be covered by the SAG-AFTRA strike?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Voice actors are a part of SAG.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Pretty much any of the dub work Vic would have been getting before all this is done by non-union talent though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also anime dubs in general, even if they are union, are not a subject of the strike, since they are primarily produced by companies outside of the AMPTP.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Thanks for that! Appreciate the info.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Wasn't he trying to do like, live-action acting for a while? Or am I just confusing his little Star Trek fan project with that?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Mr. Nice! posted:

how can you be in the guild if you can’t/don’t act :confused:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Looking forward to him and Stephen Amell doing a post-blacklist project together after the strike is over.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Amell making the news circuit making sure everyone knows that the Guild hasn't considered how hard this is for him, the main character of reality, has been somewhat amusing. Yes.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Arist posted:

Pretty much any of the dub work Vic would have been getting before all this is done by non-union talent though

Broly movie was union, I'm pretty sure. Other than that, all non-union, yeah.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kurieg posted:

Amell making the news circuit making sure everyone knows that the Guild hasn't considered how hard this is for him, the main character of reality, has been somewhat amusing. Yes.

He really would have preferred the comments he made on a microphone on camera at a convention panel that he shouldn't have been at to be private

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Exercu posted:

Broly movie was union, I'm pretty sure. Other than that, all non-union, yeah.

Nope. Funi/Crunchy are pretty staunchly anti-union, it's the entire reason Funi set up shop in Texas.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

nine-gear crow posted:

Looking forward to him and Stephen Amell doing a post-blacklist project together after the strike is over.

While Amell's comments are less than great, I haven't seen anything where he says he would be willing to actually cross the picket line. Disagreeing with the strike and violating it are different things.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah I think Amell is just a fuckin idiot, not a scab scab even though again he should not have been doing a panel

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah I think Amell is just a fuckin idiot, not a scab scab even though again he should not have been doing a panel

Was it a panel for Heels, or like an Arrowverse thing? Because the later should be fine. I wouldn't call Shatner or Levar Burton a scab for doing a Star Trek panel.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Hmmm do we know where Vic was on Jan 6th? :thunk:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Air Skwirl posted:

Was it a panel for Heels, or like an Arrowverse thing? Because the later should be fine. I wouldn't call Shatner or Levar Burton a scab for doing a Star Trek panel.

From what I can tell, it was a Live Q&A and he complained that the Strike was taking away attention from his New Show who's Second Season just premiered and more people should be watching it.

He later tried to walk it back to how it's inconsiderate of them to have Struck while he was gonna have a show coming out and honestly it would've been better if they had just waited to strike until no shows were coming out (you know, Never) He also comes across as rather chuddy.
https://twitter.com/sagesurge/status/1686461609462444032

He never says his show by name but this is pretty close to Scabbing.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Someone should pull Amell aside and explain to him (as gently as possible so as not to startle him) that the purpose of the strike is to get him paid more money

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

Vic's va work was non-union. And his live action acting roles are all fan films which I doubt where union jobs either. And even a lot of union approved VA roles aren't covered by the strike. My question is what SAG work is he currently doing since the strike has been called. Has he been doing any work at all since the suit tanked his career?

I'm asking because I think he's lying to seem more important and play to these shows that still book him.

I've looked and the last things he's credited for is "Old man" on one episode of a CG animation produced by Chuck Huber in the UK and I can find no information confirming IMDB. And four projects which have not been released and I would be surprised were SAG jobs.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Every time Vic is on camera it’s a sag job

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Yes we've all seen his bad plastic surgery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Baka-nin posted:

I've looked and the last things he's credited for is "Old man" on one episode of a CG animation produced by Chuck Huber in the UK and I can find no information confirming IMDB. And four projects which have not been released and I would be surprised were SAG jobs.

Oh yeah. Chuck Huber got outed as awful during this whole thing too, didn't he?