Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I paid a grand to lock in for 10 years at 2% like 2 months before everything absolutely went to poo poo, and at the time I felt like I was basically just paying to save myself the hassle of sorting the mortgage out again in a couple of years but really it’s been the best £1000 I’ve ever pissed away on effectively nothing, ever

I paid like $4k early repayment fee on my mortgage here in Canada, for ending it 6 months early, to lock myself in at a fixed rate for 5 years. The banks here announced (or all but announced?) that they were going to raise rates The base rate has gone up from 0.25% to 5% since then. Was probably a good move.

E: What a poo poo snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
182% is next year's anticipated RPI change

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Yeah, I'm sure the supermarkets will be entirely sensible when the effects of India's export ban on rice kick in.
Absolutely no chance they'll jack up the price of everything else in response.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i was much more interested in the big fat lad jogging on the spot and then doing a "gently caress this" motion at the end lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Keith Flint was the only cool Keith.
Also the only rockhopper penguin to land a #1 hit.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Mother of the Thread

Actually iirc I think I saw a post from someone slightly older (by about 6 months or maybe it was 6 months younger) couple of months ago, someone who rarely posts.

Me, maybe? I think we're about the same age; I'm just post- the Summer of Love so I'm either Last of the Boomers or a Gen X Elder depending on where you draw the lines.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Runcible Cat posted:

Me, maybe? I think we're about the same age; I'm just post- the Summer of Love so I'm either Last of the Boomers or a Gen X Elder depending on where you draw the lines.

I'm older than that, and I think Jaeluni's older than me, so I dunno :shrug:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Don't worry y'all who missed out, the incoming Labour government will solve all future economic and mortgage related woes! Your fixed term can be poo poo too! *VARIABLEEEEE*

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Nuclear Spoon posted:

182% is next year's anticipated RPI change

turn the lights off, I’ve lost my home

HOLY poo poo this is page 182

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I got married yesterday and I’m not used to wearing any jewellery, and I’m wondering if wearing a ring is going to drive me mad before I get used to it lol.

congratulations mate and hope it was a good time and that those good times continue!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Seen so many of these guys in nightclubs in the late 90/early 00s. He's trying to imitate a mid-90s dance style that was popularised by people like Leeroy Thornhill and Keith Flint from The Prodigy, and lesser known rave acts like QFX in Scotland, where it's all about very rapid on-the-spot footwork. But if you have no rhythm or coordination and are trying to bust a move after 8 pints of Stella it ends up like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a65NMdkB5uY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn8UpBxejVc

Me and a friend where obsessed with this dance style and got so good at it that during a Prodigy gig in Belfast around 1994/5 they pulled us up on stage and we got to dance alongside them and hang out backstage after the show. They were sound as gently caress, really chill guys. My friend was really into DJing and sampling and Liam Howlett just went into a huge music nerd chat with him.

edit: Except for Kool Keith sampled on "Smack My Bitch Up"

Kool Keith is in fact very cool. Ultramagnetic MCs, Dr Octagon, Dr Doom, Sexy Style, Black Elvis, Masters of Illusion, the weird collab with Thetan, his appearance on the Mike Patton project Peeping Tom. An extremely enjoyable rapper.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

Also the only rockhopper penguin to land a #1 hit.

When you squint at this image, it looks like a close up of a groin and a very bizarre set of genitals

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

but sir, your monitor!

Maximum Pepsi
Jul 30, 2022

by vyelkin
Wanted to post up that I am ok. I'm sorry for scaring you. I did not mean to do this. every thing I try is loving poo poo, but you do not need to know that.

I really just loving try.

I really try u know.

like i think about, idk, hearing the rhythm. cypress hill u know. where the rhythm is obvious.

it is just... stuff i cant escape from. loving poo poo.

I'm on mirtazapine atm and when it works it works. When it does not work it really does not fuicking work.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That's fine Maximum Pepsi, just please make sure to take care of yourself.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
I’ve been off the booze around 5 years now after going sober at 30. you can do it if you give yourself a break and work at the root cause. dont know about you but booze has killed a lot of my family and childhood figures, in awful ways. i lost friends and embarrassed myself infinite times, but life is kind and the healing is possible if you let it be.

you don’t need AA or any fancy tricks. just love yourself, love the world, and some kind of regular fitness really helps. also weed.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Sigh

https://twitter.com/TheLawMap/status/1686865634842284032

In other news, it's nice seeing the FBU push back

https://twitter.com/fbunational/status/1686780700307914754

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 3, 2023

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
i understand we live in a world that tries to accept everybody and everything, but having had about 100 caravans and chaos with a roaming troop of travellers just a couple weeks ago … honestly, they are absolute s**ts. i do not know what the answer is.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The answer is to deal with people as they are and not assume collectively responsibility for what is not a cohesive group.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
we do not have a legal system that can handle that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh well if you're talking about what is strictly within the scope of the law then you just have to become a racist transphobe. Or be decried every day of your life for being a communist as if that's necessarily a bad thing.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
it’s harsh but the old ways just don’t have any place in our society.

they should be given all the help in the world to settle down and make roots within the UK, but the roaming gang thing just needs to end. they always have the continent and beyond for that.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Seen so many of these guys in nightclubs in the late 90/early 00s. He's trying to imitate a mid-90s dance style that was popularised by people like Leeroy Thornhill and Keith Flint from The Prodigy, and lesser known rave acts like QFX in Scotland, where it's all about very rapid on-the-spot footwork. But if you have no rhythm or coordination and are trying to bust a move after 8 pints of Stella it ends up like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a65NMdkB5uY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn8UpBxejVc

Me and a friend where obsessed with this dance style and got so good at it that during a Prodigy gig in Belfast around 1994/5 they pulled us up on stage and we got to dance alongside them and hang out backstage after the show. They were sound as gently caress, really chill guys. My friend was really into DJing and sampling and Liam Howlett just went into a huge music nerd chat with him.

edit: Except for Kool Keith sampled on "Smack My Bitch Up"

Kings Hall in 96?
Holy poo poo, I was at that one and Keith pointed me out in the crowd. All I remember I was dancing like an idiot, he pointed me out and I started to get pats on the back before I realize it was aimed at me, wasn't looking, all I saw was all faces turned to me and Keith looking in direction.
Still don't know what the gently caress he said.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Crystal Thenis posted:

they should be given all the help in the world to settle down and make roots within the UK, but the roaming gang thing just needs to end. they always have the continent and beyond for that.

Yes they can move to famed paradise of acceptance for GRT communities, continental europe

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i have a modest proposal! lets stick all the travellers on a barge!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Crystal Thenis posted:

What the gently caress? Take your ethnic cleansing assimilate or leave nonsense to, well, nowhere, just have better thoughts you turd.

Maximum Pepsi
Jul 30, 2022

by vyelkin

this is sort of the problem. a lot of times in the past when I have been sober I have been abusing weed/opiates. Like I havent found contentment through alcohol, but I found it somewhere else.

I just replaced my alcohol addiction with another addiction.

like i've said before I dont think I am technically an alcoholic,b-cause I am not physically dependant, but mentally I use it as a crutch.

Before I posted drunk the other day I had had about 8 weeks off of booze. n I felt 'ok' like maybe the mirtazapine was starting to work.

but I weakened.

I fell back into old habits.

now it is all bad. I have some money saved from when I wasnt drinking. I can get pissed. and I feel mentally like 60kg of poo poo. I know I can 'buy' contentment for a small amount of time with booze.

and that is easy. being sober, feeling like poo poo is loving hard.

Maximum Pepsi
Jul 30, 2022

by vyelkin

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i have a modest proposal! lets stick all the travellers on a barge!

where do u propose we dock this barge ;)

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

happyhippy posted:

Kings Hall in 96?
Holy poo poo, I was at that one and Keith pointed me out in the crowd. All I remember I was dancing like an idiot, he pointed me out and I started to get pats on the back before I realize it was aimed at me, wasn't looking, all I saw was all faces turned to me and Keith looking in direction.
Still don't know what the gently caress he said.

"DO YOU HAVE STAIRS ON YOUR HOUSE? PUNKIN' INSTIGATOR!"

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Jakabite posted:

What the gently caress? Take your ethnic cleansing assimilate or leave nonsense to, well, nowhere, just have better thoughts you turd.

Even ignoring all that some soviet sphere countries (czechia included) tried to do that by force, and the end result is just ghettoisation and none of the social issues that people hate have gone away, because, surprise, a lot of it comes from a mix of discrimination and alienation.

To be fair and not to take away agency there's some rejection of mainstream social values among the GRT communities too, but the answer to that is - why should anyone get to decide what those values should be for everyone.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I might suggest that if GRT groups/communities were treated with less revulsion and hatred, they would be more inclined to look after the spaces they occupy as they move around.

Or you could keep trying to get rid of them and telling them to gently caress off back to other countries and then being surprised when they treat your community with contempt.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Keith Chegwin.

Keith Floyd.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Crystal Thenis posted:

i understand we live in a world that tries to accept everybody and everything, but having had about 100 caravans and chaos with a roaming troop of travellers just a couple weeks ago … honestly, they are absolute s**ts. i do not know what the answer is.

any other groups of people you share that particular view of?

maybe you can find a solution to the problem

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

There was a fun story in our local rag a few months ago about a Traveller wedding in one of the posh country towns which had more than the expected numbers show up.

They had obviously sent a reporter to interview the local residents and stir up the usual hatred.

Instead they got a bunch of people saying "oh they've not been a bother at all really", and the landowner said "yeah I expected this many, they cleaned up after themselves and left when they were supposed to."

You can imagine the comments section.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
encouraging people to grow proper roots in communities, pay taxes and assimilate into culture = the camps

yeah nice one 😏

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why should they give up their culture just because a few of them are cunts who ruin it for the rest of them, just like literally every other group in society?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
We'd be a lot better off if the role of PM was decided by bareknuckle fighting, like the King of the Travellers is. Perhaps it's time us settled folk started taking a little inspiration from Pavee culture rather than insisting they assimilate to our cultural mores.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
yeah none of us should pay taxes or go to school or work

it’s my culture mannn

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

It really is startling how many people will choose to die on the hill of “I’m not prejudiced against anybody but you have to admit Travellers are awful!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

As always this applies