Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lol
https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1687067778153369600?t=IeHtozJngbyEma1MZ1_i0Q&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i would love to go back to school for architecture as a grownass engineer

both sincerely as a beautiful way to broaden oneself and as a way to piss off my coworkers

:same:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Saved by a Load-Bearing Barbie

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Which yospos poster is this?

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife is expected in two days a week. She works at a law firm. None of the partners she's supporting come in. She goes in and sits in a closed room for eight hours, doing absolutely nothing, and comes home.

get your wife to take home some carpet, ceiling tiles, copy some background decorations, and construct the office of theseus

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

is pepsi ok posted:

Hmmm, feel like I've seen something like this before :thunk:

:sickos:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Do they call it a Sequoia because of how good it is in extinguishing small beings

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gonna be honest my ape brain really wants a new 4Runner if it comes with a manual transmission options as rumored

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

sequoia sales look like they've gone down over the years

They learned from the pandemic supply chain issues that you can deliver fewer and attach a big extra charge and our friend Premium Consumer will line up for them

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Companies should just forecast massive losses from now on since beating those numbers is good for Number.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

super sweet best pal posted:

Companies should just forecast massive losses from now on since beating those numbers is good for Number.

Its the secret of project management, forecast awful progress so whatever you deliver looks good.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Azuth0667 posted:

Its the secret of project management, forecast awful progress so whatever you deliver looks good.

yep

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

to everyone who wants to buy ever bigger cars for “grandma capacity”, “ground clearance”, or “fun transmission” please re evaluate what u are doing

Apr 7, 2003

cool av posted:

to everyone who wants to buy ever bigger cars for “grandma capacity”, “ground clearance”, or “fun transmission” please re evaluate what u are doing

My brother had one (1) child and immediately went out and bought some giant Kia thing because he needed "room for a car seat"

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

cool av posted:

our office, home, grocery store driveways/parking lots all flood when it rains too much now, and it rains everyday. i was deep in to shopping for an suv with good ground clearance when i decided we would just leave work when it starts to rain and see how that goes instead

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i need lots of ground clearance so I can A) take speed bumps in parking lots at 45 MPH and 2] maximize my negligence-derived child killing potential

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My brother had one (1) child and immediately went out and bought some giant Kia thing because he needed "room for a car seat"

how big is that child

Apr 7, 2003

https://stianstian.medium.com/bionic-duckweed-using-the-future-to-fight-the-present-3e471b642c28

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Harm not the oil and wine!

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i need lots of ground clearance so I can A) take speed bumps in parking lots at 45 MPH and 2] maximize my negligence-derived child killing potential

It's the exact opposite for speed bumps. Every jackass with some vehicle shown driving across a rocky cliff side in the ads always comes to a complete stop before going over a speed bump or minor curb like it's going to demolish their SUV.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

SlimGoodbody posted:

I only found finals to truly suck if it was a difficult math class that covered mostly new territory AND your professor sucked, which happened to me one single time, and was genuinely high-key stressful and miserable the whole semester. Imagine a jittery, mumbly professor who uses the letter "e" as a variable constantly and never pauses or explains why, or how he's getting the results he's getting. It's not in the book he's using, and when we finally get him to understand, two months in, that none of us know why he keeps using e and how he's getting the results he throws on the board before leaving the room for twenty minutes, he just mutters "it's the natural log" to us with no further explanation and then goes back to drawing on the board. Okay?? What does that? mean??

I still have no loving clue how I passed that final. And I didn't even suck at math! I got among the highest As in every single math class that preceded and followed it! I graduated college with honors!

I had a prof like that for my engineering controls class and it nearly nuked my entire cohort of mech E juniors, he was the only guy that taught the class and he sucked

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Egg Moron posted:

Just fire everyone who works remote and see if society can take the hit

I bet it will be fine as people with real jobs are out there keeping the wheels turning

Farm out all the WFH jobs to places like the Philippines for fractions of pennies on the dollar. Brand everyone who complains as a "They took our jerbs" racist.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

on a lark do you guys sometimes come across old tweets that have aged poorly? Maybe "poorly" is not the right terminology

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/977243169103499264?t=6eCsaGQEUG-BqjJ4Dy8zfA&s=19

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/977244185223888897?t=lG1dPaggNroucJ2AhDAAGg&s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 14:28 on Aug 3, 2023

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

on a lark do you guys sometimes come across old tweets that have aged poorly? Maybe "poorly" is not the right terminology

Never go full Abramson

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
32 tweet thread lmao gently caress off

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Ground clearance is going to become more important as our infrastructure decays more and more. It will become more difficult to navigate as those pot holes get deeper and wider over the years

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I imagine that the spectrum of terrain/road conditions where a higher ground clearance car let's you get away with something that a smaller/shorter car could not, but is not so bad that it's impassable to all vehicles, is fairly narrow

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

32 tweet thread lmao gently caress off

seriously thinking about posting that last tweet in the U/K thread

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

euphronius posted:

from my experience the “order senior management back to the office” but they do does not mean that senior management goes back to the office

We've had at least 3 or 4 "back to the office" announcements since 2021 and there's been no change at all in how many people come in or how often they do it. I dunno if they've given up or if they'll give it another try here soon. But short of telling people they're gonna be fired if they don't come in nothing is gonna change with another RTO push.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's honestly not surprising the vast majority of workers prefer not to spend hours every day commuting to work and back with no additional compensation. No poo poo, people would gladly take a pay cut in exchange for reduced fuel costs and more personal time. The people who were reported on as examples of the group that wants to return to office were nothing more than a vocal minority.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

SUV arms race has nothing on the brodozer market

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

gradenko_2000 posted:

I imagine that the spectrum of terrain/road conditions where a higher ground clearance car let's you get away with something that a smaller/shorter car could not, but is not so bad that it's impassable to all vehicles, is fairly narrow

It's the all terrain mountain cargo bikes time to shine!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's much harder to organize a union with a majority remote workplace, idk if corpos have already figured this out.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/CyberScoopNews/status/1686367619182395397?t=UVp4E2viQU0HtShv0rBq6w&s=19

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

It's honestly not surprising the vast majority of workers prefer not to spend hours every day commuting to work and back with no additional compensation. No poo poo, people would gladly take a pay cut in exchange for reduced fuel costs and more personal time. The people who were reported on as examples of the group that wants to return to office were nothing more than a vocal minority.

The problem is that whenever companies decide to come up with a return to office plan they always only include in their planning group only the people that are in that vocal minority. The people that think RTO is stupid as hell aren't included in those discussions.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

gradenko_2000 posted:

I just got back from a planned trip to utilize this - friend had a offroad setup Tacoma we were going to use to go up really rough trails above 10k feet to get away from all the giant trucks pulling RVs around. Got there and found out the road had been landslided out and was impassable. Frankly it wasn't even clearance he had but better tires - we had a rental fullsize GMC to meet him, and that thing had some obvious traction issues with highway tires + too much power

So drove around on less rough but washboarded trails with a large number of other big trucks, a smattering of SUVs, and one little old lady in her camry hybrid who stopped to ask me for directions

trevorreznik has issued a correction as of 15:02 on Aug 3, 2023

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Thoguh posted:

We've had at least 3 or 4 "back to the office" announcements since 2021 and there's been no change at all in how many people come in or how often they do it. I dunno if they've given up or if they'll give it another try here soon. But short of telling people they're gonna be fired if they don't come in nothing is gonna change with another RTO push.

Same, but rumors are this year's bonuses are going to be tied to in-office attendance.

Apr 7, 2003

Nothus posted:

Same, but rumors are this year's bonuses are going to be tied to in-office attendance.

fail

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

INFLATION is OVER

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1687101250092052480

OPEN ER UP!

IT'S TIME TO SUCK N gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Zaslav needs to go but :lol: for me thinking the next WBD CEO won't be even more stupider than the last three those mouthbreathing Board Execs pick out of a hat