Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
The second half of the new Armed track sounds like a Strokes song (I'm not complaining) https://thearmed.bandcamp.com/track/everythings-glitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rooney McNibnug posted:

The second half of the new Armed track sounds like a Strokes song (I'm not complaining) https://thearmed.bandcamp.com/track/everythings-glitter

They had Julien Baker on Sport of Form, and when I first heard Everything's Glitter I thought they were doing a Julia/en theme on the album and brought in Julian Casablancas for this one.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Anti-Flag disbanded and all signs point to it being due to Justin Sane being a rapist. Garbage-made-flesh of a person.

Schremp Howard fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 20, 2023

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib
I went to a screening of a really cool documentary tonight called Dope, Hookers, and Pavement: The Real & Imagined History of Detroit Hardcore. I was really impressed by the work that went into cobbling together scores of interviews into a fairly definitive chronicle of a scene I had never heard of. Truly original work that illuminates and preserves a nearly forgotten aspect of the hardcore movement in the 1980s. Strongly recommend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e3X4OYAg-I

You can watch the movie for $6 on the filmmaker's site. DVD to be released October.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Schremp Howard posted:

Anti-Flag disbanded and all signs point to it being due to Justin Sane being a rapist. Garbage-made-flesh of a person.

Yeah here’s the receipts in this Reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/punk/comments/1547zs1/whats_going_on_with_antiflag/

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Schremp Howard posted:

I read the summary of the allegations and it made me sick to my stomach. Absolutely hosed up. Classic case of a male feminist ally (allegedly) being garbage behind closed doors. Just like that Propagandhi song Tartuffe.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

DasNeonLicht posted:

I went to a screening of a really cool documentary tonight called Dope, Hookers, and Pavement: The Real & Imagined History of Detroit Hardcore. I was really impressed by the work that went into cobbling together scores of interviews into a fairly definitive chronicle of a scene I had never heard of. Truly original work that illuminates and preserves a nearly forgotten aspect of the hardcore movement in the 1980s. Strongly recommend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e3X4OYAg-I

You can watch the movie for $6 on the filmmaker's site. DVD to be released October.

i do want to see this movie but man oh man if anyone else is unfamiliar with the detroit hardcore scene y'all need religion (the Negative Approach 7")

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
God loving dammit Justin

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I was working on restoring and upscaling a show of theirs from like 2004 that nobody else has seen, but welp I guess that’s going in the garbage along with Justin now.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh loving hell. :ughh:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

There's a link to a Tumblr for anonymous confessions of victims of music industry people and not only is the Justin accusation not new, to my surprise, but Kevin Barnes from Of Montreal pops up there a LOT

https://theindustryaintsafe.tumblr.com/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There's a link to a Tumblr for anonymous confessions of victims of music industry people and not only is the Justin accusation not new, to my surprise, but Kevin Barnes from Of Montreal pops up there a LOT

https://theindustryaintsafe.tumblr.com/

The top of the page is Justin, go loving figure.

Bleh.

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
This is solidly pop punk but I cannot stop listening. Bearings - Live Forever Never Die

https://youtu.be/Ok2woLGb54E

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
i remember warped tour my junior year of hs. dude was giving a big speech about how men need to stand up and protect women in the scene and how the warped tour sets a really big example of how to behave for the rest of the world

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Liking the new Gaslight Anthem tracks. Cant go wrong with Bruce in the mix but does the production just sound off to anyone else?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

weekly font posted:

Liking the new Gaslight Anthem tracks. Cant go wrong with Bruce in the mix but does the production just sound off to anyone else?

Yeah, doesn't sound great. I think Spanish Love Songs are going to win this year's round of Springsteen worship, even if they don't have actual Bruce onboard.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This loving owns

https://twitter.com/M_E_O44/status/1644075760599150593

https://meo44.bandcamp.com/album/seventeen-dead-in-caldwell-county

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 27, 2023

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So he's OK but Milo Aukerman had a heart attack

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Milo goes to the hospital.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

weekly font posted:

I'm digging them and I keep seeing people say the production sounds off but I don't hear it.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Bad Religion tour dates announced. Nothing near Chicago (Grand Rapids????). gently caress Armageddon, this is hell, etc

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
really wanted to go, but couldnt justify spending +1000 dollars on a flight. But man, the armeds house show (in one of the actual houses, one of them lives in...) looked amazing. Cant believe they got Troy Van Leeuwen to do that haha

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Woodenlung posted:

really wanted to go, but couldnt justify spending +1000 dollars on a flight. But man, the armeds house show (in one of the actual houses, one of them lives in...) looked amazing. Cant believe they got Troy Van Leeuwen to do that haha

I can’t believe they did this, and I’m so mad I couldn’t go.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Would be cooler if they got him to do a Failure song instead. :colbert:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Deathlove posted:

Bad Religion tour dates announced. Nothing near Chicago (Grand Rapids????). gently caress Armageddon, this is hell, etc

The closest shows to me are Cleveland and Albany, but ironically I was planning to be in California around that time so I’ll miss them this tour. Ah well, I got to see them at Punk Rock Bowling so I’ll live.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Deathlove posted:

They were great at riot fest last year. Guy in front of me got cucked live during it as well, great experience overall

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

John Romero posted:

They were great at riot fest last year. Guy in front of me got cucked live during it as well, great experience overall

lol what. What’s the story here?

The best Riot Fest story I have is the person in 2016 who wore an inflatable dinosaur costume. During Leftover Crack they tried to get into the pit and I just saw the dinosaur head get sucked down into the abyss lmao

I got to see Dr. Gregory W Graffin sing a duet of Sorrow with Aimee Interruptor at Punk Rock Bowling this year which was extremely awesome.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My friend is Aimee Interupters’ cousin so we got comped tickets for the Weezer/Green Day tour. Then got stuck in traffic and missed The Interrupters. Dammit.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

lol what. What’s the story here?

The best Riot Fest story I have is the person in 2016 who wore an inflatable dinosaur costume. During Leftover Crack they tried to get into the pit and I just saw the dinosaur head get sucked down into the abyss lmao

I got to see Dr. Gregory W Graffin sing a duet of Sorrow with Aimee Interruptor at Punk Rock Bowling this year which was extremely awesome.

a dude was in front of us with his gf and then left to go get a beer and while he was gone a rizzed out dude came up and made out with her for a bit and then when original guy came back they went back to holding hands

I remember this vividly because they were making out to gently caress Armageddon this is hell

yeah dino guy there every year and it seems fuckin miserable. I had to wear one of those for my kid’s birthday and even just for an hour sucked

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

John Romero posted:

a dude was in front of us with his gf and then left to go get a beer and while he was gone a rizzed out dude came up and made out with her for a bit and then when original guy came back they went back to holding hands

I remember this vividly because they were making out to gently caress Armageddon this is hell

yeah dino guy there every year and it seems fuckin miserable. I had to wear one of those for my kid’s birthday and even just for an hour sucked

Amazing story.

I didn’t realize the Dino-suit person went every year, I don’t recall seeing them in 2019. I got tickets to Friday and Saturday this year but I don’t have a place to stay yet.

BLakc smithers
Aug 19, 2009

im jsut here to have suck off mr burns ???????!??
getting to see Mindforce in a small rear end venue soon, going to be fuckin brutal. tickets were confusing though, had to get a package deal to see death before dishonor. but the shows already sold out otherwise. :confused:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah Mindforce, a band that doesn’t encourage the crowd to get closer but instead to try murder everyone around them.

BLakc smithers
Aug 19, 2009

im jsut here to have suck off mr burns ???????!??

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ah Mindforce, a band that doesn’t encourage the crowd to get closer but instead to try murder everyone around them.

yep. will probably be murdered. early rip to me lol

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
New song from The Armed just dropped: Liar 2

It good.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Judgy Fucker posted:

Anyone ever seen Amyl and the Sniffers? I’d been keeping an eye out for shows in Austin as I figured that’s the closest they’d ever get to me but they’re coming to Oklahoma City in October and I’m pumped :toot:

I have tickets for Nov 1, super excited.

Rageaholic posted:

Sunny Day Real Estate is coming here in October and I got a ticket :sickos:

The last time I saw them was in 2009 in Houston.

Wait a second.

Godamnit different venues, same night. :negative:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

We might go to that Amyl gig, see you there.

From memory SDRE are playing Culture Room and as usual it’ll be over packed and the $$ was too much for me to justify for a band I never really got into for whatever reason.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Oh hey I also got tix for Amyl and the Sniffers AND SDRE without realizing they were on the same day... fun

Revolution sucks dick

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If every band that played Culture Room played Revolution, I’d be happy, but would still need to find a place for all the bands who play Revs but really need a bigger room. The Filmore perhaps? But that means going to Miami and I don’t wanna.

All in all, I don’t care for most of the venues here much. I see Terror and Vein are playing Respectable St at some point and never been there but not holding up hopes I’ll care for it either. The one time I went to Propaganda it was hot as all hell in there, which I assume is a regular thing.

I like the amphitheaters I guess, but I just wanna see 80s hair metal bands there not pink ones.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Filmore is closed for renovations. There are no real mid-sized venues here. It sucks. Revolution gets good shows but it's so packed and the A/C simply does not work so the experience is abysmal.

Respectables is fine. It's dingy and the drinks are stiff and appropriately priced. Saw Of Montreal there last year and it was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah yeah I forgot that place still ain’t back open. It’s no wonder so many tours dip into Tampa/Jax and get the hell out really.

Dammit Churchills, I miss you. Even if it meant going to Miami.