Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

KozmoNaut posted:

Latest pictures from Wacken.

Not too different from how it looks at the moment
https://apnews.com/article/germany-wacken-heavy-metal-festival-rain-88e492a1d0a1a8027d6924a7ff74a7f3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Special guests Mudvayne! with The Ocean, Mudhoney and uh Primus!

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

The comments are tragic.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

KozmoNaut posted:

Latest pictures from Wacken.

reminds me of the fest's lineup

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Non Serviam posted:

The comments are tragic.

Holy poo poo. It’s gonna look pretty dead. A lot of people put money now. What a huge waste of a trip.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Yikes.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

It’s gonna look pretty dead.
Think the big question is, how dead is it gonna look next year?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It'll be sold out in like a week after the tickets go on sale, like every year.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I've been there in 2012 if I remember correctly. Looking at the pictures it was at least as terrible as right now. Knee deep in piss, puke and poo poo. Yes poo poo because the field is used for cows to graze on and when it rains like that all the cowshit start to rise up to the surface.

There are no normal toiletblocks on the campsites so all the dixies start to leak piss, vomit and poo poo fluids. People don't give a poo poo no more so it's not uncommon to see grown rear end man pissing just outside your tent or wherever unsuitable.

Wacken is great, the one time we had no rain it was truly awesome. There is something about german metal/rock enthusiasts i don't feel at dutch, belgian or french festivals but when it rains in the north of Germany it rains shitloads and its really terrible.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The NDR made a little graph showing the total amount of precipitation during the festival (not including the days before and after) in neighbouring weather stations :

On Monday alone there was 33 L/m² precipitation. It was a whole front across the entire Real North.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Communication has been horrible. People receive emails saying they shouldn't come, and then others that say thy if they pre paid for an already set tent, the tents are waiting for them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

And also some people still getting wrist bands if you line up and shuttles continuing to pick people up. :lol:

God I'd hate to be someone from like Brazil or other 2nd or 3rd world country saving all your money for this and being told to gently caress off.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Bloodstock more like Mudstock amirite y'all???

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Huh, I guess Pentagram is playing. I thought he was still in jail.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Fun fact, that photo is from the artist area.
Yeah, that quality

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
They can’t put some hay down or something?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

They can’t put some hay down or something?

I assume they tried.

Also, the artist area in Wacken is in... Kind of like crater? I. E. In what's basically a hole behind the main stages. It's impossible to keep dry, since water runs there.
:discourse:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Listen to Chat Pile

https://www.stereogum.com/2231664/chat-pile-mini-golf/interviews/cover-story/

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It continues

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Huh, I guess Pentagram is playing. I thought he was still in jail.

Nah he has a gofundme and even made a biopic acting like a charity case

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

It continues

Someone paid 300 euros for that experience.

Also, it smells like manure. So they're covered in poo poo

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Mr. Pickles posted:

Nah he has a gofundme and even made a biopic acting like a charity case

Is there _another_ biopic about him? Last Days Here came out like five years before he went to jail.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Found a tourmate for the family court death metal band

https://twitter.com/catatonicyouths/status/1686771948901343232

I need the name of these guys this is hilarious

E: figured it out it's Forget My Silence

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 3, 2023

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I want to give a shoutout to the label Transcending Obscurity Records. That Vorga album I got a couple days ago looks and sounds incredible. As did both Imperialist albums I got from them. The production is amazing.

It's a tiny label based out of Mumbai, and they use their profits to run an animal shelter. And every album I've heard on their label is awesome. There's a Spotify playlist out there.

Anyway, carry on.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

meddl.jpg

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I've seen weird things in Wacken, like a dude getting sucked off by another dude right in the middle of the festival terain, naked guys running around the campsite yelling Wackeeeeennn wackkeeeenn, couples with newborn babies in carriages walking through drunk masses, full grown middle aged men in shirts with ANTI HIPHOP ALLIANCE on it and taking that poo poo extremely serious, scandinavian neightbours who stopped talking to me the moment i took off my sumglasses discovering im partly asian..

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Maybe Bobby’s wu tang shirt will get him in trouble with the anti hiphop alliance

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Monstaland posted:

scandinavian neightbours who stopped talking to me the moment i took off my sumglasses discovering im partly asian..

Well yeah, you might be a spy from the ancient enemy or something.

I don't even know. I'm not schizo or on acid enough to understand what that's talking about.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

CornHolio posted:

I want to give a shoutout to the label Transcending Obscurity Records. That Vorga album I got a couple days ago looks and sounds incredible. As did both Imperialist albums I got from them. The production is amazing.

It's a tiny label based out of Mumbai, and they use their profits to run an animal shelter. And every album I've heard on their label is awesome. There's a Spotify playlist out there.

Anyway, carry on.

I've been loving the Gateway album and keep getting tempted to buy one of the snazzy and reasonably priced denim jackets

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Yeah Transcending Obscurity are awesome. I had all but forgotten about the Vorga album but it was extremely classy of them to send a discount code as an apology along with some stickers.

The Vomitheist and Burial Hordes albums they put out this year are both excellent. Paganizer's "Beyond the Macabre" got pretty strong reviews everywhere but I thought the drums were totally out of time :shrug:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Aside from selling a Mud Fighters shirt, and posting a lot of self congratulatory messages on social media, Wacken is also advertising a biopic about the founders. It's available on RTL (I think?) in Germany.
. A bit tone deaf IMHO

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Apparently letting everyone in now too - great messaging sending people home. At least they are offering refunds... but that doesnt help the loving plane ticket situation.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Apparently letting everyone in now too - great messaging sending people home. At least they are offering refunds... but that doesnt help the loving plane ticket situation.

It was incredibly lovely to do what they did.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhfKsSwoiAY

:getin:

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

Happy Hippo posted:

I have never given this band a chance and it is solely because of their poo poo-tier name

interrupting Wacken chat just to single out this guy to say: what the gently caress.

Savatage rules you absolute cretin.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
The new crypta album kicks rear end and is super well produced. Whoever mastered it deserves all the praise in the world.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Cynicus posted:

interrupting Wacken chat just to single out this guy to say: what the gently caress.

Savatage rules you absolute cretin.

Jesus saaaaaaaves

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

KozmoNaut posted:

It'll be sold out in like a week after the tickets go on sale, like every year.

Four hours, actually. It sold out in four hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032497&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=4476#post533733828