Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i don't think harris or buttigieg are less robotic and unappealing as newsom

The only time i've seen buttigieg was after the new palistine rail disaster (a week after the fact) is he that robotic? He campaigned on mayor pete and seemed likeable enough during the 2020 race I thought

kamala is dead weight that brought out the georgia vote otherwise she is serving her traditional purpose of being a do nothing say nothing VP (although secretly a cop)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

jokes posted:

What other viable candidates? He's young (comparatively), in good health, and isn't embarrassing in 100% of his public appearances. He's also a rich white man which is important I guess
Does he have any charm or even forceful presence? Is the Man in the Street going to say "yeah, I'd have a beer with him"?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Hadlock posted:

The only time i've seen buttigieg was after the new palistine rail disaster (a week after the fact) is he that robotic? He campaigned on mayor pete and seemed likeable enough during the 2020 race I thought

hadlock would be a mayo pete primary voter

the big televised debates were very helpful for ah... well, one of the successful campaigns in recent history, so yeah, definitely more of those, they are definitely beneficial

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I think that for the most part Newsom is able to slide into whatever mould he needs to attract the voters he wants to. Take that however you will.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Say what you will about Newsom but he was born to be a politician (in a tube).

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

OMGVBFLOL posted:

every passing day makes me more convinced that you're the most prolific and accomplished troll in sa history

Nah, he's just an idiot that doesn't realize he's an idiot. The posts make sense when you realize he thinks he's right but usually he's actually wrong.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Does he have any charm or even forceful presence? Is the Man in the Street going to say "yeah, I'd have a beer with him"?

You're expecting a lot from the left, lol. We elected a 400-year-old man to be president because he was the best candidate

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

the left didn't vote for him

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

jokes posted:

because he was the best candidate

because we have a two party system

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

OMGVBFLOL posted:

every passing day makes me more convinced that you're the most prolific and accomplished troll in sa history

i haven't been kicked out of TFR yet

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Mr Universal Extruded Gray Person isn't going to win a "debate" against Mr Loud Bigot. That's why I asked about charisma.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Say what you will about Newsom but he was born to be a politician (in a tube).

incubated in the Getty/Pelosi/Brown/Newsome compound

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Hadlock is consistently the dumbest poster in multiple forums, it's kinda amazing

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

jokes posted:

You're expecting a lot from the left, lol. We elected a 400-year-old man to be president because he was the best candidate

How on earth are you defining "left"

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/ellievhall/status/1298075368654548992

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗
Barf generally and also oh my God what has happened to Guilfoyle since. She's like, some kind of fish person now.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I looked her up since I wasn’t familiar with her. She prosecuted this insane case where two lawyers adopted a Nazi as their son and unleashed his dogs, which were trained for dog fighting, on a woman in their apartment building. The dogs mauled her to death. What a nutty set of facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Diane_Whipple?wprov=sfti1

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Vegetable posted:

I looked her up since I wasn’t familiar with her. She prosecuted this insane case where two lawyers adopted a Nazi as their son and unleashed his dogs, which were trained for dog fighting, on a woman in their apartment building. The dogs mauled her to death. What a nutty set of facts.

the woman was lesbian and considering that they fought against letting her spouse be counted as spouse then it reads that this was a nazi homophobic attack.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Vegetable posted:

Yeah, it wasn't nutty, it was horrific.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Vegetable posted:

on the bright side both defendants got absolutely wrecked in court. some justice was done for this poor woman

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

SlimGoodbody posted:

How on earth are you defining "left"

The left doesn't have any good candidates, that's why we elected a whig

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
Fun fact, Gavin Newsom had a cameo in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia:

No really, Gavin Newsom is Dennis

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

That photo was taken in the Getty mansion in SF.

Couple of big things working against Newsom: he is not the most likable/affable personality, and he’s going to have a hard time shaking the national reputation as being super left leaning even though he’s your standard centrist corporate friendly democrat.

On a different note, Brooke Jenkins is now blaming courts and judges in addition to blaming defense lawyers for why things in SF aren’t improving

https://twitter.com/sfgate/status/1687576437803352065

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 6, 2023

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
It seems like Jenkins is just straight up incompetent, forget her positions on anything.

the article posted:

But a recent SFGATE analysis of city crime data shows that some criminal activity increased during Jenkins' first year in office, and data from the San Francisco Chief Medical Examiner’s Office suggests that the city's drug crisis has actually worsened. That office said in June that there were 346 overdose deaths in the first five months of 2023, a 40% increase from the same time period last year. Additionally, a July article from the San Francisco Standard said that Jenkins convicted fewer drug dealers in her first 11 months in office than Boudin did in his.

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Aug 6, 2023

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Wow almost like Boudin knew what he was doing and had effective policies

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Not for nothing, Gavin is alright, I’ll take him over most but that’s not saying much. I’m pretty sure the story with that gauche photo is that the did a regular shoot, and the photographer asked to do some joke photos and then ran them as the main ones. At least that is Gavin’s story.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Highbrow Slick posted:

Not for nothing, Gavin is alright, I’ll take him over most but that’s not saying much. I’m pretty sure the story with that gauche photo is that the did a regular shoot, and the photographer asked to do some joke photos and then ran them as the main ones. At least that is Gavin’s story.

Hi Gavin, can you stage a problem the last day session and screw the assembly calendar that day? Asking for a friend

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Off duty cop shooting up a golf course before being shot.

https://twitter.com/IncarcerNation/status/1691838013116981250
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sz_kJaSj94

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
and of course he's a sheriff's deputy. it's like the whole sheriffs department is on a mission to make the psychos in lapd look reasonable

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > California Politics: Screwed by Hilary yet again

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Highbrow Slick posted:

Why the hell was the photoshoot in Ann Getty's mansion in the first place? You can't argue that decision away.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Why the hell was the photoshoot in Ann Getty's mansion in the first place? You can't argue that decision away.

If you're not joking, then it's because of the ties between the Getty and Newsom families. William Newsom III, Gavin's father, was the family lawyer that was trusted to deliver $3.2M in 1973 when the Gettys finally eventually agreed to pay the ransom for the kidnapped John Paul Getty III. William Newsom III was high school friends with Gordon Getty, Ann Getty's husband, and when William Newsom III was a judge, he ruled on a lawsuit that resulted in Gordon Getty inheriting a larger share of the Getty fortune, then was hired to administer Gordon Getty's $2B family trust after he retired from being a judge. Gordon and Ann Getty also acted as a sort of aunt and uncle for Gavin after his father's divorce. The Gettys basically financed Newsom's rise

As an aside the reason the Newsom imports wine from Argentina is because Newsom's father was business partners with a SS Gestapo member named Otto von Bolshwing who was brought to the US under Operation Paperclip and had connections in Argentina that let him get good deals on wines and passed on some of those connections to the Newsom family.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Jaxyon posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > California Politics: Screwed by Hilary yet again

I am glad you're all here with me. Here, at the end of all SoCal.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I hear the coast will generally be ok but the deserts are going to get wiped out :ohdearsass:

I had already done a bit of shopping last week for essentials but maybe I should hit up some more places for snacks just in case.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I have very little pity for the desert dweller living in a 1000 year flood plain who had well over a week to get their poo poo in order and move to higher ground. Literally saw this coming 1000 miles away

The burning man Facebook group has been :lol::lol: with the head in sand posting going on over there

If you're in an affected area I would plan on being stuck in your house for at least three days, poo poo is going to be off the hook. I'm not a weed dude but if I lived in socal I'd probably buy Skyrim for the switch and a 1lb bag of weed gummies and all the flamin hot cheetos

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 21, 2023

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Hadlock posted:

I have very little pity for the desert dweller living in a 1000 year flood plain who had well over a week to get their poo poo in order and move to higher ground. Literally saw this coming 1000 miles away

The burning man Facebook group has been :lol::lol: with the head in sand posting going on over there

If you're in an affected area I would plan on being stuck in your house for at least three days, poo poo is going to be off the hook. I'm not a weed dude but if I lived in socal I'd probably buy Skyrim for the switch and a 1lb bag of weed gummies and all the flamin hot cheetos

Do you ever know what you're talking about?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Burning Man is like 300 miles north of the path of the storm dude

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Hadlock posted:

1000 year flood plain? What the gently caress are you talking about

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hadlock posted:

Astonishingly bad post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Weird for Hadlock to make a bad post.