Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

earnings

https://twitter.com/hlopez_/status/1687212983217442818

https://twitter.com/business/status/1687206832698163202

https://twitter.com/kobeissiletter/status/1687194210334564352

https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1687223850575015936

downgrade

https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1687200546124681216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

19 o'clock posted:

"these are IOU"s and they're as good as cash"

my takeaway is that people who buy $100,000 watches are a lot like people who buy $100,000 NFTs in that they've effectively announced to the world that they're eager chumps, suckers, dupes, patsies, rubes, and gullible fools

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

New WSB project: short squeeze America

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Vox Nihili posted:

The Timepiece Gentleman

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1687226413118582784

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Father Wendigo posted:

New WSB project: short squeeze America

they're too busy buying the new gamestop nft trading cards

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

surprised at yelp tbf

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
People still use yelp? Businesses can buy ratings

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Nothus posted:

i generally ignore the overall rating and look at people's pictures/read recent reviews

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Nice and hot piss posted:

The only thing I can think of is that there probably isn't a large amount of 30 year olds that could even afford that house, as it does look nice and appears to be somewhat new development, appears to be in a nice suburb with a larger plot of land. Depending on the zip code it could be quite expensive if this is a suburb inside of a high COL area.

So if this is a 700k home the majority of people who are gonna be throwing down offers would probably be those closer to the retirement age than not... or completely retired and thus the idea of those steps could be a reason they won't buy.

as a millennial, the notion of owning a home is downright exotic to me. i can't imagine having the resources to do that, even though i'm a college graduate with a full-time job.

i know two millennials who are homeowners: one dude got his mom to pay the down payment, and he pays the mortgage, and the other dude got a house as a wedding present, because his wife's dad is a rich lawyer.

i'm even approaching the point where i'm thinking i'll never own a new car. how could i possibly afford one? i don't go anywhere or do anything expensive, and yet i still break even every single month. my gf bought her toyota a decade ago, and i'm thinking we'll be keeping that for another decade at this rate.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Nothus posted:

not that much anymore. more and more are just using google reviews but it's still the most popular for families to go on yelp to find "whats good brunch in X town"

but thats also how they get profits is rent seeking and people paying bribes and sponsored premium services to "boost customer visibility" and poo poo like that

it's loving dogshit overall. it's somewhat useful to screen out really bad places (anything under 3 stars) as it's probably a safe bet they're not good, but not good for anything above that in relative rankings.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Still not as bad as Amazon product reviews

Yet

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I have found yelp to be more useful for most places than Google. Bad reviews get deleted quickly on Google and a lot of people just tap 5 after Google maps nagging them about the place they visited that they don't remember

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Xaris posted:

Funny GME story. Over the past several months, the CEO kept hyping up something he called "GMERICA" and the apes deluded themselves into believing it was code for him triggering the mother-of-all-short-squeezes, destroying capitalism, and instituting a new utopia where Gamestop would provide everything the shareholders needed in their new ultra-rich lifestyles. It turned out to be a bunch of dipshit NFTs based on cities and states with video game poo poo crammed in. Without missing a beat, they swallowed their disappointment and began finding hidden messages in the NFTs that told them for sure the MOASS was right around the corner and they'd all be proven right and boy howdy will everyone who even hinted at "hey you guys are reading a lot into some unrelated poo poo" feel foolish.

Anything to do with crypto or NFTs they figure is going to be the thing that finally sends the stock to the moon, and anybody who dares to suggest "but everyone else on the planet loving hates NFTs, it's like the same bunch of rubes getting suckered into this over and over again" is run out of the subreddit on a rail.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

How the gently caress is yelp making money. I want to speak to the manager.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

they charge businesses for the ability to hide bad reviews and also try and middleman online ordering and take a cut

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Xaris posted:

I'll stick to buying packs from dead games no one's ever heard of. No collector's market there.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1687100677875806209?t=tTKz9QSiDGOcowPXasHU1w&s=19

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

well they barely made any actual money at all, which means they SMASHED EXPECTATIONS!!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

super sweet best pal posted:

I'll stick to buying packs from dead games no one's ever heard of. No collector's market there.

That's actually a pretty hot market. What you want is sports cards.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

being a 40 year old billionaire and choosing to bulk like a 19 year old bodybuilding.com poster rules.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Vox Nihili posted:

my takeaway is that people who buy $100,000 watches are a lot like people who buy $100,000 NFTs in that they've effectively announced to the world that they're eager chumps, suckers, dupes, patsies, rubes, and gullible fools

yeah it rules

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

post hole digger posted:

being a 40 year old billionaire and choosing to bulk like a 19 year old bodybuilding.com poster rules.

Maybe this is ruining the fun but I don't think 4,000 calories a day is all that crazy if you're doing a bunch of strenuous exercise, you burn off the excess in just a few hours of real, hard work

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Vox Nihili posted:

Maybe this is ruining the fun but I don't think 4,000 calories a day is all that crazy if you're doing a bunch of strenuous exercise, you burn off the excess in just a few hours of real, hard work

Yeah, but if I've got that kind of money, I'm going to have something a tich less... nasty... for those calories.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
what's wrong with quarter pounders? they rock

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Vox Nihili posted:

it’s called posting

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Shipon posted:

Yeah, but if I had that money, I would get a posh burg.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

who among us didn't get (or at least crave) fast food the week or two after this happened???

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
Zuck is gonna get jacked and you all are going to be real embarrassed. Elon will cry.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Willa Rogers posted:

who among us didn't get (or at least crave) fast food the week or two after this happened???

Not me?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

netizen posted:

Zuck is gonna get jacked and you all are going to be real embarrassed. Elon will cry.

content warning: shirtless Zuck

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

StratGoatCom posted:

Yeah, but if I had that money, I would get a posh burg.

burger quality is basically inversely proportional to price. every fancy restaurant burger sucks

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Shipon posted:

burger quality is basically inversely proportional to price. every fancy restaurant burger sucks

burgs in general loving suck in my experience unless I make them myself, they always taste too burnt.

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I used to put SA emotes into our corporate slack. There were a bunch there already from before I started. My boss asked me to put in :commissar: and I did, but two days later it got removed :(

I got :iiam: added to ours

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

StratGoatCom posted:

burgs in general loving suck in my experience unless I make them myself, they always taste too burnt.

that's okay, I'll still keep eating that garbage

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

it’s not. I used be easily double that just trying try to not lose weight as a swimmer.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

netizen posted:

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Shipon posted:

Have you tried eating food that didn't come out of a small styrofoam cube yet? It's gonna blow your mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I'm okay with Zuck kicking Elon's rear end