Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

quick and cheap kimchi meal: put rice in the bottom of a bowl, then slap a thin layer of gochujong on the rice, then get two soft yolk fried eggs on top of that, and top it with kimchi. done

if you wanna fancy it up add whatever other korean pickles or stir fried greens or fried tofu w/e anything that goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Gonna have kirk sig chicken tortilla soup tonight. It's a little bland on its own so you gotta chop up some jalapeño and simmer it. Good once you do that though.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

What's your parking strategy? I sacrifice walk distance for low traffic (backing out of the spot) and ease of exiting the property. But it's better just to go before closing for all shopping KPI's

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Got $500 in food for the cookout. Dropped and spilled a pack of cookies in the ground on my way to the car though. Said oh mother fucker and a guy came and helped me pick it up and I apologized for my outburst.

I ate one ground cookie in the car.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Hammu-rob-i posted:

What's your parking strategy? I sacrifice walk distance for low traffic (backing out of the spot) and ease of exiting the property. But it's better just to go before closing for all shopping KPI's

Park near a cart corral too. And despite my love of backing in I don't do it here for back of car access.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

StormDrain posted:

Got $500 in food for the cookout. Dropped and spilled a pack of cookies in the ground on my way to the car though. Said oh mother fucker and a guy came and helped me pick it up and I apologized for my outburst.

I ate one ground cookie in the car.

Five second rule

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Hammu-rob-i posted:

go before closing, gas first, park near gas (at my 'co that's along the side by the tire center, less traffic than around front of the store), walk around to the entrance. usually there's a spot that's not far from the door. as a bonus, that row is easy to get back out to the street

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Hammu-rob-i posted:

I always forget where I park so I always pick the same row and head to the back so there's fewer people. I don't mind the 20 seconds of extra walking and I like not being swarmed with people trying to wait for my spot

My trunk doesn't open so I have to load my car from the passenger door so it also helps if nobody pulls in next to me.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

You're going to walk a mile + in the store why fret about adding another 100 loving yards -- just park in the back and stop clogging up the lanes waiting for some guy to panic fill his trunk

(This might be a Canada specific problem)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Slotducks posted:

You're going to walk a mile + in the store why fret about adding another 100 loving yards -- just park in the back and stop clogging up the lanes waiting for some guy to panic fill his trunk

(This might be a Canada specific problem)

Shant fret

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hammu-rob-i posted:

Get in right as the store is opening and park in the one shady spot in the entire lot. It's the furthest you can possibly get from the entrance but it means I'm encountering minimal foot or car traffic on the way out.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

The power play: Park right in front on the strip they have for loading large items, open your hatchback up and go get your hotdog

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Then eat it with your legs dangling off the tailgate

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

n8r posted:

What am I supposed to do with this kimchee now that I have it?

The traditional way is as a side dish basically. You get your kimchi, vegetables, a bit of soup, other side dishes, and a bowl of rice and just eat it.

I often just have a small dish of it with just any old meal. It's kinda like a palate cleanser, you take a bite of kimchi then a bite of whatever else you're having and it tastes totally different.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Soul Dentist posted:

Then eat it with your legs dangling off the tailgate

With a crisp Coors Light from your cooler. It's called planning ahead for your Costco Tailgate.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Didn't check the calendar, made the mistake of going to Costco on (other people's) pay day. loving madhouse. The cart corrals were so full the cart lines were 10+ feet into the drive aisle.

Was worth it for snagging more of the Topo Chico hard seltzers though, bought 3 cases in case they decide to randomly stop carrying it.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I went Wednesday night and spent more time in line waiting for checkout than hitting the aisles 😴💤😴💤

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Eeyo posted:

The traditional way is as a side dish basically. You get your kimchi, vegetables, a bit of soup, other side dishes, and a bowl of rice and just eat it.

I often just have a small dish of it with just any old meal. It's kinda like a palate cleanser, you take a bite of kimchi then a bite of whatever else you're having and it tastes totally different.

Also good with an American omelette

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I mix kimchi into stir fry and soups. And I bring it with some hardboiled eggs, tuna, rice, etc as a work lunch. Yes, I'm that person.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

Also good with an American omelette

wheres the hot sauce op

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Chinatown posted:

wheres the hot sauce op

And sour cream and chives wtf

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tempted but I'm pretty sure my wife would have kicked me out of the house

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

my wife eats those all the time and sometimes when i’m smooching her it tastes/smells like i’m making out with a cat

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I love those so much. At places like 99 Ranch they sell them in small containers mixed with peanuts and chili oil, its so good.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Renegret posted:

Tempted but I'm pretty sure my wife would have kicked me out of the house

These are literally cat treats.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Nottherealaborn posted:

These are literally cat treats.
i dont see a picture of a cat on the packaging dumbass

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Cats have good taste then

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

n8r posted:

What am I supposed to do with this kimchee now that I have it?

This rear end in a top hat I work with brings Kimchee and fish into the office and loving microwaves it everyone here has complained to management about it and they say they can’t really do anything about that but they’re sick of it too so they’re just going to start writing him up for performance issues and fire him as soon as he gets three write ups.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Goddamn sounds like a lovely manager

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

A vent hood above the microwave is highly suggested

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

gently caress microwaves
havent had one in twenty years

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if you wanna poach and have insane amounts of patience, use sous vide. if you wanna poach and have 0 patience, use microwave. if you wanna poach and have a middling amount of patience, just poach

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The Saucer Hovers posted:

gently caress microwaves
havent had one in twenty years

Yeah not worth the space. I ditched mine ten years ago

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Nature is healing.

PBUC

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
They finally add that roast beef sandwich to the menu at my Costco today. Not gonna get it because lol $10

I did stock up on Crystal Lite Iced Tea powder. I wish they would stock Mio flavor squirts but this is the next best thing I guess.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 5, 2023

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

wheres the mustard

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

wheres the kimchi and sardines

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Yeah $10 for a roast beef sandwich is kinda insulting.

So instead I got a dog

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Too much drat bread, unless the bread is good, but you know it's all dense and flavorless and crappy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
#blessed to have a couple good sandwich shops within biking distance that make amazing roast BEEF sandos.