Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Tsitsikovas posted:

brics summit in 3 weeks gonna be sick

All of them in one place? Easy to [REDACTED] them all at once!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

I had an ex who had this exact same thing happen to her couple of years ago. She now work solely as a therapist for rich white household wives and their children. Like you know those op-ed columnists who would write some absolutely hot take, and you wonder how could they possibly sleep at night? They have those therapists who help sooth and calm the contractions in their minds.

There’s an entire industry of Christian counseling that exists solely to tell psychopaths that since they’re godly, god wouldn’t let them do bad things, ergo everything they do is fine.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

mawarannahr posted:

you're a therapist and getting paid to be an mba? by whom?!

I work for a university and get two classes a year for free.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Milosh posted:

I work for a university and get two classes a year for free.
learn a language or something. is an mba the only option?

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There’s an entire industry of Christian counseling that exists solely to tell psychopaths that since they’re godly, god wouldn’t let them do bad things, ergo everything they do is fine.
Calvinism is a helluva drug

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lol
https://twitter.com/BloombergTV/status/1687497456173416453?t=Whvzk6DB-mWrnfkRCXY9jQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/ForexLive/status/1687496985044033536?t=-neM0C98obG0Oyu4FZrogQ&s=19

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

mawarannahr posted:

learn a language or something. is an mba the only option?

I want to make slightly more money and do less work. I've been doing therapy for over a decade and am pretty burned out.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Milosh posted:

I want to make slightly more money and do less work. I've been doing therapy for over a decade and am pretty burned out.

fair enough. now you know the answer to "am i evil?"

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

let he who has never wished to be paid more for less cast the first stone

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Larry Summers has created the strongest economy in history

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

mawarannahr posted:

fair enough. now you know the answer to "am i evil?"
Once you enter into a profession that's underpaid and stressful, but socially beneficial, you're morally obligated to keep doing it forever or you're a bad person. If you want to be a good person but not have a horrible life, just go into finance in the first place!

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

Akratic Method posted:

let he who has never wished to be paid more for less cast the first stone

At least i'm honest about it.

The econ onboarding i've taken is already so much bullshit. People actually believe this poo poo too :(

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Milosh posted:

I'm getting an MBA because my job can pay for it and I can do it while on the clock (i'm a therapist) am I going to become evil?

well on your way to becoming a class traitor

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i hear being a cop can make a lot of money. median income at Seattle PD is $153,000. probably easier than doing an mba. think about it

e: $7500 sign-on bonus for new hires atm

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

SourKraut posted:

That's like $2 of beef, $0.50 of bun, and maybe $1.50 between the veggies/pineapple and the cheese slice if we're being honest. So $4 for that monstrosity. If you factor in that it probably took the cook in the back 5 minutes at most to actually make and maybe he makes $20/hr, that's another $1.70 or so. Now you're up to a whopp(er)ing $5.70 for that piece of poo poo.

Hope you're happy you just gave away $10 to the corporate assclowns!

restaurants average like 5% profit margins.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

get a management MS rather than an MBA then you can be even more angry at all the MBAs, because they’re not even good at being capitalists and you’ll know why.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bar Ran Dun posted:

get a management MS rather than an MBA then you can be even more angry at all the MBAs, because they’re not even good at being capitalists and you’ll know why.

what's the difference between a masters in management and a masters in business administration

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Looking into it

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Sorry for the thread derail. It's just insane how little LCSW's get paid especially when the world is telling everyone that mental health will fix everything. All of my patients are struggling because they can't make enough money because of people with the degree I will have in 2-3 years.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

As a kindergarten teacher, I believe you are all evil

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/Investingcom/status/1687474291875385344

DOOOOOOOM

meh i got nothing

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

carvana keeps negging me. what is the point of this?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
from my point of view the jedi are evil

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Milosh posted:

At least i'm honest about it.

The econ onboarding i've taken is already so much bullshit. People actually believe this poo poo too :(

You will believe it too. At least, you will parrot it so belief is irrelevant. You will never stop using your old skills in hurtful ways. Honest bro, sall good as long as you're honest lmao

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Chad Sexington posted:

from my point of view the jedi are evil

They objectively are

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They objectively are

The force itself is a menace, a mindless godchild giving power to random people and burning down the galaxy every few thousand years seeking its own balance.

Kreia Was Right.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Should have sold in June fucko.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

It's zerohedge but it's a good view of it
https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1687510975572844555?t=xXYtWPjWV7iaJDJ8L8d_sw&s=19

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

wheres the data coming from

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

anime was right posted:

wheres the data coming from

Department of Labor, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

netizen posted:

Should have sold in June fucko.

if you open the email it's even dumber:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SKULL.GIF posted:

Department of Labor, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

thank you!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the economy added 600,000 twitch streamers

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Woke Mind Virus posted:

They're hoping they'll catch you in a moment of financial desperation, in need of $X and willing to pull the trigger on selling that vehicle

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Woke Mind Virus posted:

if you open the email it's even dumber:

lmao that value cone

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Very normal response.

That said, I am 100% in favor of the US government brutally punishing the rating agencies. Mr. President, the drones are already in a holding pattern, just give the word.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

planned obsolescence in 5...4...3...

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Xaris posted:

died and ended up commuting 3 hours stuck in traffic along the river styx each way to my office hell data entry job

If you would like to place a coin in Charon's Eye, please say COIN

*sigh* coin. for the last time coin. coin coin coin.

You said, JOIN. If you would like to JOIN the Underworld, please tell me a little about yourself first

IM loving DEAD AND WOULD LIKE TO MOVE ON

I'm sorry, what was that? Please hold on the line for the next available representative.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

what's the difference between a masters in management and a masters in business administration

the MS or MSBA is an evidence based program where you’ll get actual math (mostly linear programming), do real logistics cases studies, and even outright make models of supply chains. they’ll do real data analytics in the MSBA programs.

an MBA is more leadership, economics, finance, sales, technology with a bit of supply chains for dummies at the end.

One is a real degree the other is an MBA basically. but lol with the real degree you don’t get the “networking”. so the MBA is of course usually better for ones career. but if you want to be angry about businesses being run stupidly by MBAs the MS will really give you good background for your anger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I don't know what the title is in reference to, but my buddy absolutely did that on a 28K suv not long ago