Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Athanatos posted:

The daily ones auto claim themselves. The left side milestones are the ones you'll need to claim.

Ah thanks good to know im just a dumbo lol. I feel like the ui could use some work there though. Doesn't help that it gave me an objective to do the daily quests on day 1 which never updated even when i cleared them all.

Cool game so far gives me mysims vibes? Got killed by an emu 10/10.

So Sony decided they never want me to buy a PS5 and just went ahead and put Ratchet and Clank on PC. Absoulutely blown away how nice it runs. The few seconds of loading during the special PS5 solid state drive portals are a very minor inconveniemce. I could probably run this thing with ray tracing and all the bells and whistles on my pc but its really well suited to the deck imo would be rude not to play in bed/on the toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So I want to stream my PC to my docked Deck so I can do split screen BG3 on the couch but my Xbox controller is doing double/repeated inputs. Doesn’t happen with local games. Read a couple tricks from Reddit (turning off Steam Input, uninstalling old drivers on the host) but they didn’t seem to work. Anyone else have this issue?

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Hmm, so I installed Lutris on a whim, and something bugging me off the bat is that when I point Lutris to an existing game, it doesnt seem to grab cover art for me?

Like, my prior way of managing things was via emudeck's Steam Rom Manager, and it was pissing me off a little bit because it doesnt detect what steam already has, so after a few times of running it i have like 4 duplicates of everything. At the same time, it grabs cover art automagically.

So I guess what I am asking is, is there a way to make Lutris also grab cover art automagically? Or am i just better off sticking with Steam ROM manager if i dont want to faff about downloading a hundred jpegs for the non-steam games i have...

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

alexandriao posted:

Hmm, so I installed Lutris on a whim, and something bugging me off the bat is that when I point Lutris to an existing game, it doesnt seem to grab cover art for me?

Like, my prior way of managing things was via emudeck's Steam Rom Manager, and it was pissing me off a little bit because it doesnt detect what steam already has, so after a few times of running it i have like 4 duplicates of everything. At the same time, it grabs cover art automagically.

So I guess what I am asking is, is there a way to make Lutris also grab cover art automagically? Or am i just better off sticking with Steam ROM manager if i dont want to faff about downloading a hundred jpegs for the non-steam games i have...

The identifier has to be correct.

https://lutris.net/games

Go here and search for the game. For example, if you're trying grab covers for vampire survivors. The resulting URL

https://lutris.net/games/vampire-survivors/

Your identifier should be "vampire-survivors".

Edit: you can change the identifier by using the config within lutris.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Boilr grabs cover art, might be worth checking and trying in conjunction.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

lostleaf posted:

The identifier has to be correct.

https://lutris.net/games

Go here and search for the game. For example, if you're trying grab covers for vampire survivors. The resulting URL

https://lutris.net/games/vampire-survivors/

Your identifier should be "vampire-survivors".

Edit: you can change the identifier by using the config within lutris.

I... I selected it via the UI so im just baffled it didn't bother to have the right identifier already?

The one listed was e.g. slaythespire, the one for lutris that grabs the artwork is slay-the-spire

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

alexandriao posted:

If you don't mind a bit of manual work, Decky Loader has a plugin called SteamGridDB that allows you to change the artwork for any game while in the gaming mode by pressing the hamburger menu button ('Start button'). As long as you name the game even somewhat correctly, it should suggest the right art.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

BoldFace posted:

If you don't mind a bit of manual work, Decky Loader has a plugin called SteamGridDB that allows you to change the artwork for any game while in the gaming mode by pressing the hamburger menu button ('Start button'). As long as you name the game even somewhat correctly, it should suggest the right art.

And if you don't you can still search within the plugin, or look it up on the SteamGridDB site and see what they're looking for and rename the app in the properties. I had to do that with Moonlight because it adds to Steam as "Moonlight" but there's games called that so the actual Moonlight client artwork doesn't show up until you rename it "Moonlight Game Streaming".

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SteamGridDB is essential, Valve should buy them out

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

SteamGridDB is a big ol' copyright and trademark violation and best completely ignored by Valve.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also I don’t think they have to buy anything. It’s just replacing image files. If they wanted that functionality, they could write it into the OS

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
why is undertale significantly more fun to play on the deck? what magic is this?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That's called The Blessing of the Playstation Vita, only recently rediscovered by Valve

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

homeless snail posted:

That's called The Blessing of the Playstation Vita, only recently rediscovered by Valve

haha was gonna say, I played undertale on vita and it was great

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
thanks for the bg3 posts. might pick it up on my next holiday.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
also sifu is like 60fps super smooth on the deck and it’s really loving good

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Anybody playing the Closed Beta of Palia on Steam Deck?

I've installed it, but have yet to give it a go as it has basic controller support for now. Had a go on my laptop and it was good.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Monster Hunter Rise on the deck is a thing of beauty

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Alehkhs posted:

I've got this working with the following steps:
  1. Create two radial menus (radial_1, radial_2) as you would like the layout to be ("8,9,6,3,2,1,4,7" for numpad)
  2. Adjust radial_1:
    • Change every item to be triggered via "button chord", and set their chord buttons to "None"
    • Under [Radial Menu Settings>General], change the Radial Menu Button Type to be "Click"
  3. Adjust radial_2:
    • Under [Radial Menu Settings>General], change the Radial Menu Button Type to be "Touch Release"
  4. Create a new Action Set Layer (radial_layer) under the "Default" Action Set
  5. Set up Left Joystick:
    • When on "Default" Action Set, the joystick should be set to radial_1
    • When on "Default (radial_layer)", the joystick should be set to radial_2
  6. Set "A" button as radial confirmation:
    • Command 1 (on "Start Press"): Add Action Let Layer "radial_layer"
    • Command 2 (on "Release Press", with a "Fire Start Delay" of 25): Remove Action Set Layer "radial_layer"
      • turn off the "beep" and also turn Haptics to "off"

When holding a direction on the left joystick, the radial menu should appear, but the action won't trigger until "A" is pressed and released.
g

:greencube:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Monster Hunter Rise on the deck is a thing of beauty

numbers?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

$15.99 for the base game.

$39.59 for the base game and the sun break expansion.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

MarcusSA posted:

$15.99 for the base game.

$39.59 for the base game and the sun break expansion.

🫡

Asperity
Jun 7, 2011
Steam Deck noob here: anyone know how I can get BG3 to recognize the Deck as a controller? Most of the troubleshooting stuff I've found for it is about launch and performance, which hasn't been a problem for me.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Asperity posted:

Steam Deck noob here: anyone know how I can get BG3 to recognize the Deck as a controller? Most of the troubleshooting stuff I've found for it is about launch and performance, which hasn't been a problem for me.

Click the controller icon next to settings and select gamepad with joystick trackpad.

Asperity
Jun 7, 2011

RandolphCarter posted:

Click the controller icon next to settings and select gamepad with joystick trackpad.

Wow, thanks. This is the first game I've played where the default layout has been the correct answer, so I didn't even try that. Oops.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

tango alpha delta posted:

why is undertale significantly more fun to play on the deck? what magic is this?

Better start that for a third(?) time. Maybe this time I won’t lose my save either.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Your Computer was running into some sort of issue where the assignment of the joystick would revert after being set. Not sure if they got past that or not, but let me know if it works for you or if I need to rearrange some of the steps.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alehkhs posted:

Your Computer was running into some sort of issue where the assignment of the joystick would revert after being set. Not sure if they got past that or not, but let me know if it works for you or if I need to rearrange some of the steps.

sorry i completely fell down the BG3 hole and didn't get back to testing this - your suggestion of (re)creating the virtual menus from the sticks instead of in the menu seems to have worked and it's working now!

i think the only thing that bothers me with it is that it flickers whenever i press the button which is a bit uncomfortable but as far as actually working your solution is the first one i've come across so thank you so much for this :sax:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

nitsuga posted:

Better start that for a third(?) time. Maybe this time I won’t lose my save either.

I haven't done Deltarune yet so I'll probably give that a spin.

I also decided to go on a classic Tomb Raider binge and currently have TR2 running - it works pretty much fine out of the box with some expected jank (the FMVs are boxed away in a corner), but if you grab TR2Main off of GitHub and unzip it to the game folder then it works perfectly with no further tweaking required and has native controller support added too.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Being able to transfer game installs from PC is so cool. Just did it with Baldur's Gate 3 and it took around forty minutes.

The game hit a steady 30 fps on the Deck with my first mix of medium/low settings and no FSR. That was in a dungeon so it might be different in bigger areas, but so far the experience is surprisingly uncompromised. It'll be interesting to see what comes when Larian updates the game with further optimizations.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

nitsuga posted:

Flowey remembers

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Your Computer posted:

sorry i completely fell down the BG3 hole and didn't get back to testing this - your suggestion of (re)creating the virtual menus from the sticks instead of in the menu seems to have worked and it's working now!

i think the only thing that bothers me with it is that it flickers whenever i press the button which is a bit uncomfortable but as far as actually working your solution is the first one i've come across so thank you so much for this :sax:

Good to hear. I'll redo the directions to take that into account in the next few days.

The flicker is a bit annoying, yeah. The beep is much worse, which is why I specified turning that off, but I've been looking into ways to make the flicker a bit less obnoxious. Not sure I'll make any progress in that, but I'm glad the controls are at least working for you!

Edit: I've made an optional alteration which makes it so the action fires when you press "A" instead of when you release it (definitely doesn't fix the flicker, but I've found that turning down the opacity of the radial menu helps a bit to make that less obnoxious).

• Change "radial_2" to be "Continuous" instead of "Touch Release"
  • For each item on "radial_2" (8,9,6...etc), add an additional command to Remove Action Set Layer "radial_layer"
    • remember to turn off the beep for each instance of Remove Action Set Layer

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 5, 2023

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
imo BG3 runs and looks like poo poo on Deck. I guess if you're desperate

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

leftist heap posted:

Some people will do anything to see the bear loving scene

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

leftist heap posted:

It’s looks ok and runs at 40 on default setttings

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

leftist heap posted:

I can't imagine the game being at all playable on Deck once you get to Baldur's Gate itself too.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i feel like people have widely differently expectations and limits which can be really frustrating

like i've never seen anyone else mention how hard the fans are running as a downside but for me it's just too loud and i get distracted from the game. i would rather the game looked completely potato but ran silently tbh but those are my limits i guess

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

How does D:OS 2 run? I didn't get BG3 yet but was wanting to try that with some mods.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Your Computer posted:

i feel like people have widely differently expectations and limits which can be really frustrating

like i've never seen anyone else mention how hard the fans are running as a downside but for me it's just too loud and i get distracted from the game. i would rather the game looked completely potato but ran silently tbh but those are my limits i guess

I don't have the game but if you don't mind slightly less performance try setting the TDP to 13 or 11 watts, you still get 90% or so of the performance but it should run the fans much less noisily. 11 watts seems to be where you get the most efficiency out of the Deck's processor but you can get a little boost at 13 if you need just a little more, like God of War or Lost Judgment. I've found that running it full tilt isn't worth the noise or battery drain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

Mr E posted:

How does D:OS 2 run? I didn't get BG3 yet but was wanting to try that with some mods.

It runs great