Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

someone (xaris?) was posting the other day anout how good secret aardvark is and theyre right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

19 o'clock posted:

…can you postdate them?

(I’m not a computer tickler)

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29927453/use-future-date-while-making-git-commits#29927568

looks like you can. I haven't tried it

for hot sauce chat; I kinda wish you could get Taco Bell fire sauce in a bottle. maybe it (or something like it) exists, haven't looked into it. I don't know much about hot sauce :shrug:

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

aardvark good

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

corona familiar posted:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29927453/use-future-date-while-making-git-commits#29927568

looks like you can. I haven't tried it

for hot sauce chat; I kinda wish you could get Taco Bell fire sauce in a bottle. maybe it (or something like it) exists, haven't looked into it. I don't know much about hot sauce :shrug:

you can buy exactly that at walmart and it is good

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol Tapatio used to be my cheap poo poo hot sauce, what the gently caress is going on

el yucateco ftw

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
xxxtra hot mayan el yucateco is unique and delicious

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Also college football had a thing sponsored by Dr. Pepper where some dude throws a ball through a hole to get student loans paid off

I’m glad we’ve returned to the traditional way of giving people affordable education: Do you throw ball good? if not gently caress off

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fuligin posted:

someone (xaris?) was posting the other day anout how good secret aardvark is and theyre right

yeah that was most likely me, i recommend it as a general purpose broad-appeal sauce thats affordable and available most anywhere. it's not the best, but it's good for the price and affordability. big ups

avoid the other flavors, they're completely awful

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Xaris posted:

yeah that was most likely me, i recommend it as a general purpose broad-appeal sauce thats affordable and available most anywhere. it's not the best, but it's good for the price and affordability. big ups

The mild green one is alright but yeah I prefer the original red one .

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

lol getting a job is about who you know, not your github

loading up your github is a waste of time

there will always be somebody who got the job cause of stacking their resume but its not a foolproof strat you know like 1% of jobs go to resume stackers or resume stacking works for 1% of who does it

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

How many times in the last five years have the libertarian dipshits who signed up for the floating rate energy plans in Texas been completely owned

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Xaris posted:

it's all right but I'd probably buy it more if it wasn't in a plastic bottle

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Nothus posted:

How many times in the last five years have the libertarian dipshits who signed up for the floating rate energy plans in Texas been completely owned

they’re not owned they’re on vacation in the southern hemisphere

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Asking for general opinions. should human riot violations dictate whether we do business with a country?

like if a country heavily uses slavery or murders a particular group, should we have certain restrictions on it. or is that 'just business'

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
if it makes number goes up, good moral ethical
if it makes number goes down, bad axis of evil tragic

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

this is extremely fake news, the truth is both countries have pushed the button to end the world several times but the aliens actually prevent the nukes from flying due to needing the planets resources for something we are unaware of

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

spiritual bypass posted:

xxxtra hot mayan el yucateco is unique and delicious

this is my daily driver, but they got a brand new hab & ghost that I need to track down

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Nothus posted:

Every time the two local power monopolies in my area jack up rates, I start to think "Maybe we should have more competition..."

then I loving think of Texas' bullshit, and nope, I'll just take the standard ol' bullshit monopolies over that nightmare.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

SourKraut posted:

Every time the two local power monopolies in my area jack up rates, I start to think "Maybe we should have more competition..."

then I loving think of Texas' bullshit, and nope, I'll just take the standard ol' bullshit monopolies over that nightmare.

the answer is actually that we should have more regulation nationalization but lol, lmao, etc.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nothus posted:

they're still seething and snarling about Coastal Liberals instead of the predatory texan energy companies so, not enough times

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

SourKraut posted:

competition makes zero sense in the context of physical utilities lol

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I like me some hot sauce but over the years I found my home in east asian sauces. kimchi hot sauce. szechuan ma la sauces. chili oils, preferably fresh from the asian market deli. All the sambals. East asia does sauces like no one else imo

Cholula is good btw, I wouldn’t call it hot sauce per se but it is a surprisingly versatile addition when you need vinegar, since it’s pretty much flavored vinegar.

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
the libertarians are happy because they're proud witness bearers of the free market at work. Materially theyre all likely rich enough to be merely annoyed by this. Or they top out at the level of an angry google review poster, who is momentarily livid simply because they didnt get precisely what they wanted.

Theyll keep getting owned, but do not ever think theyre actually getting owned. To them, changing utility managers every 3 months to chase the cheaper rate is a feature not a bug.

tldr loving morons.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

If libertarians were happy with the system they wouldn't be libertarians, imo. It seems to me that one of the core tenants of their ideology is that something is not working, but they've been so pickled in liberalism that only logical conclusion is that they there isn't enough capitalism.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

SourKraut posted:

you need public owner municipal power companies. SMUD owns PG&E murders people. guess which company is beholden to share value and share holders.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Taima posted:

I like me some hot sauce but over the years I found my home in east asian sauces. kimchi hot sauce. szechuan ma la sauces. chili oils, preferably fresh from the asian market deli. All the sambals. East asia does sauces like no one else imo

Cholula is good btw, I wouldn’t call it hot sauce per se but it is a surprisingly versatile addition when you need vinegar, since it’s pretty much flavored vinegar.

In east Asia it’s all about customizing your bowl to taste. You add more scallion, cilantro,bean sprouts, 6 different sauces etc to your taste

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If libertarians were happy with the system they wouldn't be libertarians, imo. It seems to me that one of the core tenants of their ideology is that something is not working, but they've been so pickled in liberalism that only logical conclusion is that they there isn't enough capitalism.

aah yeah that ones fair. Maybe I meant content or something, idk. Being perpetually indignant is one of their main features.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
in actual chinese food, sauce is a optional addon and its also not supposed to overwhelm the inherent flavor of the food

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
del taco

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

Palladium posted:

in actual chinese food, sauce is a optional addon and its also not supposed to overwhelm the inherent flavor of the food

You take that back. Spicy sugar chicken glaze was invented a thousand years ago and my chicken is supposed to float in it surrounded by lo mein noodles that look like mere snakes in a sea of general tso. Learn ur history

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Palladium posted:

that's not really true tho

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

majiang/dandan noodles are basically just dumping out peanut butter and chili oil on your spagetti

completely overwhelming peanut (seasame) flavor

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

lol so affordable!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Antonymous posted:

majiang/dandan noodles are basically just dumping out peanut butter and chili oil on your spagetti

completely overwhelming peanut (seasame) flavor

all of those things are delicious

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

i didn't say its bad but the sauces in chinese food often intentionally overwhelm all other flavors especially spicy things as per the discussion

its good cause as said the sauces are often very very good

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

absolutely no one gives a single gently caress about another person's contributions to open source unless they're to a tool they personally use, and even then they'll bitch about some outstanding bugs and ask why you didn't fix them yet

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

RadiRoot posted:

lol so affordable!

I love that poo poo on top of the dumbasses who moved to Texas, built a house, and were shocked that their property taxes went up by 600%

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

"I moved to Texas for the low taxes and improved some property and the property taxes went up, why??!" - a true brain genius

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Taima posted:

it's the first hot sauce I tried in America and I like it on an omelette. the wooden cap is a great packaging/marketing success imo. really unique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

https://fortune.com/2023/08/03/amazon-svp-mike-hopkins-office-return/

"An Amazon exec says it’s time for workers to ‘disagree and commit’ to an office return: ‘I don’t have data to back it up, but I know it’s better’

'We’re here, we’re back. It’s working,' Mike Hopkins, Amazon Studios head, said in a meeting, before acknowledging a lack of evidence."

Oh wow, that's really cool! Anyway, I think you should kill yourself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)