Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

DOWN GOES ANDERSON!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Violent day in baseball
https://twitter.com/gifs_baseball/status/1687984013015719936?s=20

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

hail satan

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dexo posted:

ahahahahaha

Tim Anderson just loving squared up only to get dropped lmao

https://twitter.com/PardonMyTake/status/1687989778619281408

the loving white sox

Big fan of the ump that bailed out instead of you actually stopping the fight

loser

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Explosionface posted:

"Down goes Anderson! Down goes Anderson!"

Lol

Tom Hamilton is a goddamn national treasure and the best radio man in baseball

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
https://twitter.com/dohyoungpark/status/1688020024668143616

This is the mythical "Let The Kids Play", and I am all for it

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Big fan of the ump that bailed out instead of you actually stopping the fight

loser

My favorite part might the “Jose” song that the PA announcer queues up (and the crowd chants loudly to) after Anderson’s corpse hits the ground

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Anderson was down longer than frazier lol

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Was slightly concerned after a slow start in AA that Chourio might not be top 3 if not the best prospect in baseball, but dude has been on fire for about the last month and half.

https://twitter.com/CyrtHogg/status/1688023380904017920

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The crickets over the announcer's call lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/BallySportsCLE/status/1688016496721608705

Sounds like this started from last night when Anderson knocked the guy's hand off second base to tag him which was pretty bullshit if you ask me.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Tonight was the one Dodgers game in San Diego I chose to attend this year. Really know how to pick ‘em!

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Popete posted:

Ramon Laureano DFA by the A's. Kinda crazy the A's are DFA'ing anyone at this point.

Dang, I doubt the Twins will move on from Jordan Luplow that quickly, but I feel like Laureano would be a strict upgrade? Laureano seems like he actually hits lefties well, where as Luplow had a good stretch from 2019 through 2020 and hasn't done that job well since or really before. Guess it could be a moot point, and he's never even available to the Twins.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Much like Robin Ventura Tim's lasting legacy will be getting decked out.

The White Sox everyone!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/BallySportsCLE/status/1688016496721608705

Sounds like this started from last night when Anderson knocked the guy's hand off second base to tag him which was pretty bullshit if you ask me.

Yeah I went back to double check the replay and Anderson knocking Rocchio's arm off 2nd after he's already stopped and gotten to his feet is loving blatant.

https://streamable.com/6zskvl

Say what you want, but the man deserved the swing coming toward him tonight.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Monathin posted:

...what

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anderson deserved to get decked. I said what I said. That replay I posted is from last night's game, and it boiled over to tonight and Jose Ramirez clearly thought it was also bullshit, hence why he punched him.

Don't want to get punched? Don't shove a guy's hand off the bag and claim you tagged him.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 6, 2023

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
There's nothing better than the late bullpen jog to the fight that's already over

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bigger disaster of a season: Mets or White Sox?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

If you want to qualify it by how much money was spent for the production they're getting I think it's hard to beat the Mets for biggest disaster this season. White Sox are pretty bad tho.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I might honestly say White Sox. Yes, the Mets had much, much higher expectations, but they also had a higher hill to climb. All the White Sox had to do was outperform the Twins, who were perpetually injured last year and have had a mysterious offense absence this year, and the Guardians, who have kept taking incredible L's at the worst possible times. The Tigers have been giving it their all but aren't remotely there yet, and the Royals have been a crater since their WS. Having ditched the geriatric anchor that was Tony La Russa, I think everyone was expecting that the Sox's players were going to take a dramatic step forward.

And in the face of all this, the WSox have, I don't think, spent a single day above #3 in Baseball's Best* Division. They're a disaster. And while the Mets appear to still have dynamism up top and the intention to improve, the White Sox have tried nothing and are all out of ideas.

In terms of raw return on investment, though, it's REALLY hard to argue for a worse season than the Mets. The Yankees' season is a pretty big wet fart for a similar paycheck, though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Monathin posted:

Anderson deserved to get decked. I said what I said. That replay I posted is from last night's game, and it boiled over to tonight and Jose Ramirez clearly thought it was also bullshit, hence why he punched him.

Don't want to get punched? Don't shove a guy's hand off the bag and claim you tagged him.

Do me a favor and never play a sport

Saying someone deserved to get decked for that is some psycho poo poo

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Shinjobi posted:

just lol if you think decking a guy for being an rear end in a top hat and clearly doing scumbag poo poo and jawing off to your teammates is "psycho poo poo", please go outside.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Monathin posted:

just lol if you think decking a guy for being an rear end in a top hat and clearly doing scumbag poo poo and jawing off to your teammates is "psycho poo poo", please go outside.

I've been outside, met a lot of scumbags and assholes and I'll tell ya, I've never felt like I needed to punch any of them. Take your own advice.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Don't start poo poo, won't be poo poo. Hope this helps.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Monathin posted:

At the end of the day it’s still just a loving game, you lunatic.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Monathin posted:

Don't start poo poo, won't be poo poo. Hope this helps.

but enough about your posting

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Monathin hasn't been in a fistfight since high school, but is confident that if he got into one he would win it with his knowledge of Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

Anderson shouldn't have squared up to fight, but man I hope his season stops being a parade of calamities. That Field of Dreams homer was timeless.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Monathin posted:

Yeah I went back to double check the replay and Anderson knocking Rocchio's arm off 2nd after he's already stopped and gotten to his feet is loving blatant.

https://streamable.com/6zskvl

everything else aside, the fact that this wasn't a stands but an overturn is wiiiiiiiiiiiild

e: assuming you can't challenge having your hand knocked off the base, that is

as in tim knocking his hand off and getting an out call couldn't be overturned because that part of it isn't reviewable

don't know how you can make a safe call, watch that replay, then overturn it

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Intruder posted:

everything else aside, the fact that this wasn't a stands but an overturn is wiiiiiiiiiiiild

e: assuming you can't challenge having your hand knocked off the base, that is

as in tim knocking his hand off and getting an out call couldn't be overturned because that part of it isn't reviewable

don't know how you can make a safe call, watch that replay, then overturn it

The replay crew isn't allowed to say whether the runner was pushed off the base, only whether he was tagged while off the base. The base ump has the authority to say that the runner was pushed off so he's still safe, effectively overruling the replay, but he didn't. Malachi Moore is a rookie ump, and so far he seems to be doing poorly. He'll eject you in a heartbeat but won't exercise his authority to make the right call.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chamale posted:

The replay crew isn't allowed to say whether the runner was pushed off the base, only whether he was tagged while off the base.

that is ridiculously stupid

might as well push the runner off the base every time

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

might as well push the runner off the base every time

If they did that the entire league would be suspended and/or concussed

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shinjobi posted:

Hockey players sadly skate away :v:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Joe Mauer's Twins HoF induction was cool and some legit pitching and offense in the same game was even cooler

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
clearly batters should be able to take the bats witht hem to the bases

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Poque posted:

There's nothing better than the late bullpen jog to the fight that's already over

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Anderson dropped his gloves and squared up, then threw the first punch. He hosed around and found out. I've got no problem with the result.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Anderson dropped his gloves and squared up, then threw the first punch. He hosed around and found out. I've got no problem with the result.

yup

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
baseball could use more fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
What was this fight even about? It looked like a completely normal play.