Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Artificial Kid posted:

Yeah it’s important that we not falsely imply that Q grifters and Q cultists are perverted or engaged in child molestation. The majority are simply engaged in a purely good faith effort to prove that the Democratic Party is a gigantic child sacrifice engine grafted onto a communist conspiracy.
Any efforts to prove this using numbers are just more proof that numbers are part of the satanic plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Numbers are clearly a satanic plot, there can't be infinities of different sizes, that's just plain common sense!

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

Yeah it’s important that we not falsely imply that Q grifters and Q cultists are perverted or engaged in child molestation. The majority are simply engaged in a purely good faith effort to prove that the Democratic Party is a gigantic child sacrifice engine grafted onto a communist conspiracy.

I know this is supposed to be a snarky reply but, honestly, yes.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rappaport posted:

Numbers are clearly a satanic plot, there can't be infinities of different sizes, that's just plain common sense!

Still no real use for numbers higher than your fingers!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
He’s played us for absolute fools!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

quote:

good faith

MeinPanzer posted:

I know this is supposed to be a snarky reply but, honestly, yes.

No, it's not. Handfuls of true believers maybe, but the rest are doing the same thing they've always done and are using it as an excuse to attack marginalized people. It's why they don't give a poo poo about any of the groups that largely do molest children, like their pastors and family members and conservative leaders. It's about controlling children*, not protecting them.

If you think the majority of people bleating about this stuff are true believers, I have a fire sale on some bridges in Chicago I'd love to point you to.

*In the case of the q types who keep getting busted for cp, they want to control children and prevent them from learning about consent, so they can keep molesting them and getting away with it

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 6, 2023

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Staluigi posted:

all you need now is for her to get arrested and held without medical treatment while they compel her to make statements indemnifying the officer (while the cops go back and shoot the dog correctly this time) and you have Full Cop

How about charging an 18 year old rushing her mother to the ER with a felony after PIT maneuvering the car?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Professor Beetus posted:

It's not "haha everyone who gets sucked into the sound of freedom nonsense are blood gargling child trafficking pedophiles," it's that the people pushing this stuff are doing it under the guise of "protect the children" when everything they attempt to do makes children less safe and in fact pushes them into the arms of pastors, weird uncles, and other assorted actual groomers who largely aren't members of the lgbtq community.

A reminder that the person who coined the term "stranger danger" was this man

I think you'll find it's because of economic uncertainty.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

happyhippy posted:

She still has the bullet in her leg ONE YEAR after it happened.

It's not uncommon to leave the bullet in if it's not causing any problems.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/mexanarcho/status/1688246072257466368?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/shannonsharpeee/status/1688217322933432320?s=20

They really thought they were going to get away with just beating a security guard to death.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 7, 2023

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

By gawd he's got a chair lmao :bahgawd:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/naima/status/1688624327309082626

America is an idea

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

ohh, its a reenactment lmao

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/davidhth/status/1688623282096926720

Warning: viewing this will kill you dead

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Of all the offensive poo poo I’ve seen recently, this is by far the worst. I am beyond positive that Frederick Douglas would emphatically NOT have said that slavery was a necessary evil and blacks needed to be sacrificed for the good of a newborn country. I can’t even wrap my head around the concept of any of the bullshit spewed out in this video.

Did anyone bother to ask the follow up question? That if slavery was only necessary as a compromise to get the 13 colonies to get together, why wasn’t it addressed right after the Revolutionary War? Why did it take another 80 years and a whole other war to get rid of it?

Never mind, I know the answer

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

quote:

What, to the American slave, is your 4th of July? I answer: a day that reveals to him, more than all other days in the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him, your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty, an unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your denunciations of tyrants, brass fronted impudence; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mockery; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade, and solemnity, are, to him, mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy—a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation on the earth guilty of practices, more shocking and bloody, than are the people of these United States, at this very hour.

the makers of that video deserve the death penalty lol

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Cross posting from the RWM thread

https://twitter.com/JUNlPER/status/1688757322036674560?t=XOBpzdRUcjCKIQsAmWGVbQ&s=19

Yeah...in your face, libs!

Fuckin liberals HATE loving families, man! See this baby we didn't ABORT or sacrifice to Satan, you loving godless commies? Notice were a MAN and a WOMAN in love? Bet you all really hate seeing that and don't want it taught in schools! We celebrate Christmas and stand for the flag too, you fuckers, but the media won't report how white, straight and in love we are!

Speaking as a leftist, one thing I genuinely despise is people expressing their love for each other and caring for children. Even more than war. More than anything, really. Totally disgusting.

I'm so Owned.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

it does kick rear end when your current habits get rebranded as activism. means you don't gotta do poo poo to be noble!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

What is this from?

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Charlz Guybon posted:

What is this from?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/08/politics/southwest-airlines-sanctions-alliance-defending-freedom/index.html

quote:

Washington
CNN

A federal judge in Texas on Monday ordered three attorneys for Southwest Airlines to attend “religious-liberty training” from a conservative legal advocacy group as punishment for allegedly violating his ruling in a religious discrimination case brought against the company by a fired flight attendant.

The sanctions order handed down by District Judge Brantley Starr, an appointee of former President Donald Trump, are an unusual demand given that the group, the Alliance Defending Freedom, has a lengthy history of representing religious adherents in high-profile cases seeking to bolster religious protections and roll back LGBTQ and reproductive rights nationwide.

Last year, a jury found that both Southwest and Transport Union Workers discriminated against Charlene Carter when it fired the flight attendant after she “expressed her pro-life beliefs to her union president.”

Edit: here's the actual decision itself

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius
https://twitter.com/RMFifthCircuit/status/1688895481521274880

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

GPTribefan posted:

Of all the offensive poo poo I’ve seen recently, this is by far the worst. I am beyond positive that Frederick Douglas would emphatically NOT have said that slavery was a necessary evil and blacks needed to be sacrificed for the good of a newborn country. I can’t even wrap my head around the concept of any of the bullshit spewed out in this video.

Did anyone bother to ask the follow up question? That if slavery was only necessary as a compromise to get the 13 colonies to get together, why wasn’t it addressed right after the Revolutionary War? Why did it take another 80 years and a whole other war to get rid of it?

Never mind, I know the answer

If slavery was literally the only possible way to get the south to join the US, they do realise that just makes them look even worse, right?

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Megillah Gorilla posted:

If slavery was literally the only possible way to get the south to join the US, they do realise that just makes them look even worse, right?

No, weirdly enough they think it makes them look BETTER. They had to break a few eggs to make the omelette that is the greatest nation in the world, right????

They also very subtlety brag about the idea that “hey, we made some compromises to ensure that EVERYONE got be a part of America!” They neglect to mention that was the 3/5 compromise, and done only so southern slave states wouldn’t have more voting power than northern states.

I also love the idea that the only way to get rid of slavery so it’s fair to everyone was to very slowly work towards changing people’s minds over a few generations. Spontaneous and sudden change is bad for everyone, don’t you see?

Good lord there’s so much to unpack in that 2 minute clip.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's the US remix of "The British Empire was the most moral empire because it introduced laws against slavery" "What was it doing before the laws against slavery?" "Oh, you know..."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The problem is that the founding myths of our civic religion require that the architects of the constitution be unusually wise and blessed by God himself but that's irreconcilable with the actual historical record but damned if they aren't going to try. Trump supercharged it by making his resentment of the 1619 Project the cornerstone of GOP racial politics in the last few years, essentially coding that thinking slavery is bad is liberal which leads to things like DeSantis touting the vocational training benefits of chattel bondage.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1688998577203449856

one of the wettest we've ever seen from the standpoint of water

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

zoux posted:

donaldtrump.jpg

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Guavanaut posted:

donaldtrump.jpg

Wow, I had no idea the wet eggs thing was like, an actual thing. I just thought it was a absurdist but strangely apposite insult for Starmer.

...I don't think this knowledge has enriched me. Ew.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
i prefer my eggs bone dry. they should crumble into powder when you bite into it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You're in luck!

Reveilled posted:

Wow, I had no idea the wet eggs thing was like, an actual thing. I just thought it was a absurdist but strangely apposite insult for Starmer.

...I don't think this knowledge has enriched me. Ew.
The connection started from this tweet iirc
https://twitter.com/llewcid/status/1306530293319446528

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/GaryPetersonUSA/status/1689239154884808706?s=20

Love this guy

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GoldingBF/status/1689220415514710016

Well that would certainly show the libs

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

*in my most Alex Jones voice possible*

I DON'T LIKE EM PUTTING MEDICS IN THE AMBULANCE THAT TURN THE FRIGGIN PATIENTS GAY!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Leftists hiding from ambulances because they can't afford the bills, the right trying to avoid sissification

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

zoux posted:

The problem is that the founding myths of our civic religion require that the architects of the constitution be unusually wise and blessed by God himself but that's irreconcilable with the actual historical record but damned if they aren't going to try. Trump supercharged it by making his resentment of the 1619 Project the cornerstone of GOP racial politics in the last few years, essentially coding that thinking slavery is bad is liberal which leads to things like DeSantis touting the vocational training benefits of chattel bondage.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1688998577203449856

A very intelligent person will not take off their jacket when it is 100+ degrees

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Actuary X posted:

A very intelligent person will not take off their jacket when it is 100+ degrees
He's obsessed with suits as symbols of heirarchy. He backhanded Jr. to the ground in front of his friends when he was in college because he had the audacity to where a Yankees jersey when they were going to a game. Ordered him to go back inside and put on a suit.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He's hiding his weight.

https://twitter.com/IAStartingLine/status/1689764504593215488

Why are there so many GOP deadheads

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/1689453171612012544

Ok well that one I get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

zoux posted: