Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

mystes posted:

I guess good for you that you can think that way but if someone honks at me I'm probably going to be angry for the rest of the day

skating is my commute and errand running, there are very few days in the month that I dont do at least 5 miles and most weeks am averaging somewhere around 70-80mi; i’d never stop being angry (which would lead to more skating to try to temper that temper and a vicious cycle)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mystes posted:

I guess good for you that you can think that way but if someone honks at me I'm probably going to be angry for the rest of the day

lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

honk honk beep beep comin through

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
when I'm in a car I honk at all the other cars because gently caress cars

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What if you had speakers on the outside of your car hooked up to a mic on your steering wheel so you can tell people what you mean

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I bought a clown horn for my bike because everyone ignores the bell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0mrOFZuNJo

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

What if you had speakers on the outside of your car hooked up to a mic on your steering wheel so you can tell people what you mean

im getting ready to go out now and you are not helping me leave the bullhorn at home

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqIrzkPDtrk&t=26s

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lobster shirt posted:

honk honk beep beep comin through

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

corona familiar posted:

there should be a quiet honk and a loud honk, where the loud honk is piped into the car at the same volume as it is outside

what if horns were only audible inside the car? how long would it take drivers to figure it out?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Clark Nova posted:

what if horns were only audible inside the car? how long would it take drivers to figure it out?

i bet theyd hit it more

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
lmao noise pollution is fine why is everyone complaining?

I hiro protagonist simply mastered the art of skating thats all there is to it

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm only mildly indignant when geese honk at me

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

definitely not just poo poo sucks in general and i cant fight every battle, id rather enjoy my commute than not

as for mastering the art of skating lmao no i just have managed to stay alive so far. it still isnt as safe as taking a bike but it allows me to be in ped spaces at ped speeds which means i dont have to go on foot and have folks knocking my cane out from under me. the world is more accessible to my hosed leg on skates than with a cane

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

lobster shirt posted:

i hate cars: honk honk beep beep comin through

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

mystes posted:

LOL. If a driver honks at me they'll be angry for the rest of the day. Last time it happened I put the bike in the middle of the lane and went up to them to have a chat. They were *SO* seething. I do the same to oncoming drivers in one way streets, etc. If you can't behave I'll loving make you.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

evil_bunnY posted:

LOL. If a driver honks at me they'll be angry for the rest of the day. Last time it happened I put the bike in the middle of the lane and went up to them to have a chat. They were *SO* seething.

Recently somebody honked a ton at me and gestured that I should get on the sidewalk once when they were stuck in an intersection because of stopped traffic behind me.

I considered doing something like this but didn't want to die that day.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I had a cop tell me to bike on the sidewalk because "it's safer". I don't know if he was trying to trick me into doing a crime so he could arrest me or if he just had zero understanding of traffic laws.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

My commute is 120 miles a day

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Zerg Mans posted:

excellent self own.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Zerg Mans posted:

should try commuting just 6 feet straight down

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Zerg Mans posted:

id punish you for this post but if it's true then you're already suffering

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Zerg Mans posted:

Nice.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

this guy thinks hiro protagonist was a courier rather than a deliverator lmao

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Zerg Mans posted:

can you roller blade it?

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

cars should be required by law to blare the loudest drum and bass music through the shittiest rattliest subwoofers imaginable

we'd have car free streets within the month

Clark Nova posted:

never, same way people never actually check to see if their lights are working

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

I want bikes to come with the electronic train bell sound that they use on the light rail around here

https://youtu.be/oz4rlREpY_M?t=192 (skip to 3:12)

speng31b
May 8, 2010

mystes posted:

horns are different everywhere. in mexico city people drive in some places with one hand on the wheel and the other on the horn because honking is basically required to get anywhere and not considered super aggressive. in other places even a light tap on the honker's basically asking someone to shoot you on the spot.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

speng31b posted:

horns are different everywhere. in mexico city people drive in some places with one hand on the wheel and the other on the horn because honking is basically required to get anywhere and not considered super aggressive. in other places even a light tap on the honker's basically asking someone to shoot you on the spot.

big surprise, boring white Protestant culture disapproves of communicating loudly

mystes
May 31, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

big surprise, boring white Protestant culture disapproves of communicating loudly
if you're too cool to dislike cars honking at you loudly when you're riding a bike because you aren't a boring white protestant I'll be glad to come sound an airhorn by your ear while you're sleeping

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

la cucaracha horn, mandatory

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

mawarannahr posted:

its true :sweden:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
in Japan they have trucks that play a spoken announcement out loud while they're stopped. I don't understand what it means but I assume it's some kind of warning or apology about a stopped truck.

since we import their trucks here, occasionally you get to hear the same thing, but it's still Japanese so nobody understands it

and then, I assume some enterprising people have managed to hack these things, because the sound has changed into a woman moaning

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I wish people would import those tiny trucks that are actually made for carrying cargo and not the huge useless Ford trucks that seem to only be used to take up space.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

guy i know talking about the boulevard conversion proposal with a (somewhat hostile) radio host

https://omny.fm/shows/drivetime-with-derusha/i-94-boulevard-steve-grove-paul-douglas

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

and then, I assume some enterprising people have managed to hack these things, because the sound has changed into a woman moaning
dudes rock

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ensign Expendable posted:

I wish people would import those tiny trucks that are actually made for carrying cargo and not the huge useless Ford trucks that seem to only be used to take up space.

importing kei trucks is kind of a trend right now. not id want to go above 35mph in one, though

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

yeah I see them around from time to time, usually with a bunch of stuff in the back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

spiritual bypass posted:

importing kei trucks is kind of a trend right now. not id want to go above 35mph in one, though

good tbqh