Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Good morning no_one, I hope you are doing a bit better today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/jamesmcconachi1/status/1688059053442830336?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That's why we voted Leave. :colbert:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nuclear Spoon posted:

been trying out the vegan steak burgers from m&s. i don't know how to use the grill on my oven (all the dial symbols have been eroded of course) so i fried it instead. a bit tough with that method, but very filling. need to try out a little peppercorn sauce to make them really pop.

If you think they are of equal nutritional content by size to meat then you would be wrong, otherwise have fun and don't neglect the B12. :)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I've seen a couple of places advertise a vegan steak and once it was a cross section chunk of cauliflower and the other time a massive mushroom

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MichaelTakeMP/status/1688319757013889024

:allears:

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
Was looking why our asylum barge was called Bibby Stockholm. It's not a Miss Snuffy twee villain, but the company that makes them are called Bibby.

They've got a website, and to the fury of gammons everywhere, it turns out that it's not actually a floating prison, instead it's offering "luxury living", boasting great features such as ventilation.

https://www.bibbymarine.com/bibby-stockholm/

Guaranteed they've ripped out the gym and games rooms

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

CigarettesafterSex posted:

like, this is importsnt u know, so i will post.

https://www.ft.com/content/f63783f6-d736-4e21-b65f-88f5f05e6bc6

I have tried to make this article ok, u know. but it is not ok. I remember reading an article in the ft (maybe another poster can find it). about the lack of money in the system, i mean there is plenty of money, but it is not being spent in the right way.

Are we getting twitter bots on SA now?

Reg yesterday, literally the only post made. No capitalisation?

What the hell is this?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it's no_one, having a go at posting normally

e: to address his point, thames water is trying to get its investors to put money back in to the service, presumably on the promise that they'll get some other form of kickback further down the road, rather than purely because the network is a worthless pile of poo poo.

kecske fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Aug 7, 2023

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

DreddyMatt posted:

Was looking why our asylum barge was called Bibby Stockholm. It's not a Miss Snuffy twee villain, but the company that makes them are called Bibby.

They've got a website, and to the fury of gammons everywhere, it turns out that it's not actually a floating prison, instead it's offering "luxury living", boasting great features such as ventilation.

https://www.bibbymarine.com/bibby-stockholm/

Guaranteed they've ripped out the gym and games rooms

It's an upper class floating "H-Block". :rolleyes:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would suggest that if it's a place for storing people who aren't allowed to leave, it is, in fact, a prison.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1688293514398822401

:allears:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

And yet somehow I am again denied my rightful place in the Lords.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

I'm also glad more places are teaching quaternions now instead of the garbled Victorian vector analysis that was used until recently.

I was under the impression that quaternions were used in the early days of 3D modelling but had been superseded by *something* more streamlined. But maybe I was misinformed? Still proud of my special Irish -ions

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Just wanted to say I appreciate that non-Euclidian Doom video

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Failed Imagineer posted:

I was under the impression that quaternions were used in the early days of 3D modelling but had been superseded by *something* more streamlined. But maybe I was misinformed? Still proud of my special Irish -ions

They're still used for storing rotations. 4 numbers is smaller than a matrix, and fits neatly in 16 bytes.

JA: If you do look into the Geometric Algebra stuff I posted, the result of multiplying 2 arbitrary vectors (a * b) is equal to the dot product plus the cross product - a scalar plus a vector. This is also a quaternion, and represents a rotation about the axis perpendicular to the 'area' it also defines (through the complex axis). You can describe the operation of a quaternion as a rotation via two reflections, one through any plane that contains the 'axis', and then a second rotation through that plane rotated by half the angle. This is one of those things that really needs a diagram - but the point is, a rotation gets described by two reflections separated by half the angle of rotation. Which is why quaternions can describe angles from +/- 360 degrees instead of the usual +/- 180 degrees we expect around an axis, and also the mathematical basis for spin-1/2 behaviour, taking two full rotations to get back to where you started. Imaginary Numbers Are Not Real

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OzyMandrill posted:

They're still used for storing rotations. 4 numbers is smaller than a matrix, and fits neatly in 16 bytes.

Imaginary Numbers Are Not Real

Thanks!

Was fully expecting that link to go to:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lmao

https://twitter.com/balconyshirts/status/1688460937756372992?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

So relatable, definitely a normal human being

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Considering how many people in this country are actually starving despite apparently being amongst the wealthiest nations on earth and this poo poo is what brings this oval office on hunger strike?

London eh? :smuggo: (don't engage, I'm only teasing, one loon is not the fault of the entire city)

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

That's it! No fumes for a week, and go to your tent!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Going to protest the driving restrictions by not driving places.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
I thought you had to be a charity to get a .org domain, but apparently not

https://fight2survive.org/

Guy puts "ex British army" after his name, so people don't get confused. Gotta signal that this is a good public protest, not like all those other jso hippies

E: a lot can change in a year. Did a similar thing last August, but his sole focus was cost of living.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-62503572.amp

Now he's tacked on some anti uluz stuff.

https://fight2survive.org/phase-1
Down the rabbit hole he falls. Phase 1 looked like a fairly agreeable set of demands. Phase 2 is where the internet has ruined his brain

DreddyMatt fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Aug 7, 2023

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
famous charity bash dot org

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Anyone fancy standing beside his tent holding some decent smelling food.

Oh wait he's anti-ULEZ... the blandest smelling food possible.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

I know that it won't be the same for everyone living in a London borough, but vans appear to be exempt from the ULEZ which covers most trades and small businesses, otherwise if you live in London why the hell wouldn't you use the abundant public transport?

Just checked and my car is subject to ULEZ charges, but it's a 18 year old diesel so I'm really not surprised - and if I moved to London I'd sell it in an instant, happily

His website doesn't really list any of his reasons beyond generalities

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps the reason is he doesn't have anything else to do with his time.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Hunger Strike Challenge Mode: right outside a branch of Wenzels bakery

CigarettesafterSex
Aug 6, 2023

by vyelkin

Skarsnik posted:

Good morning no_one, I hope you are doing a bit better today

hmm same poo poo,different day u know.

I know it is going to be ugly, and be ugly 4 a while

but i will keep trying to loving apply myself, apply myself to whatever u know.

I will keep trying t f ink apply myself, keep trying to give the mirtazapine a chance to work you know, because i know nothing else.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

So are you, like, daydrunk?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

WHO REMEMBERS PROPER GOSSIP???

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

RETVRN to spreading bullshit about Shelly down the road cuz you're bored af on a schoolday.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

CigarettesafterSex posted:

like, this is importsnt u know, so i will post.

https://www.ft.com/content/f63783f6-d736-4e21-b65f-88f5f05e6bc6

I have tried to make this article ok, u know. but it is not ok. I remember reading an article in the ft (maybe another poster can find it). about the lack of money in the system, i mean there is plenty of money, but it is not being spent in the right way.

Do you mean a non-paywall version?
If so:

https://archive.li/CtD29

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

OwlFancier posted:

I would suggest that if it's a place for storing people who aren't allowed to leave, it is, in fact, a prison.

They are allowed to leave the boat, it's not actually a prison, as far as I'm aware. No doubt the locals wish it was though.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Facebook didn't stop people from going to the corner shop (?) to chat poo poo. You did that to yourself, Person Writing Poems on Facebook.

The best venue for chatting is, of course, Something Awful's UKMT thread. You can't red title someone at the corner shop or change their face to a bolognese.

Edit: well I suppose you could and it would probably be cheaper but the corner shop had better have a tin opener.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

OzyMandrill posted:

JA: If you do look into the Geometric Algebra stuff I posted, the result of multiplying 2 arbitrary vectors (a * b) is equal to the dot product plus the cross product - a scalar plus a vector. This is also a quaternion, and represents a rotation about the axis perpendicular to the 'area' it also defines (through the complex axis). You can describe the operation of a quaternion as a rotation via two reflections, one through any plane that contains the 'axis', and then a second rotation through that plane rotated by half the angle. This is one of those things that really needs a diagram - but the point is, a rotation gets described by two reflections separated by half the angle of rotation. Which is why quaternions can describe angles from +/- 360 degrees instead of the usual +/- 180 degrees we expect around an axis, and also the mathematical basis for spin-1/2 behaviour, taking two full rotations to get back to where you started. Imaginary Numbers Are Not Real

I've bookmarked(ie replying) for later - on lunch break at the mo!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Bollocknese lol

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

mrpwase posted:

I know that it won't be the same for everyone living in a London borough, but vans appear to be exempt from the ULEZ which covers most trades and small businesses, otherwise if you live in London why the hell wouldn't you use the abundant public transport?

Just checked and my car is subject to ULEZ charges, but it's a 18 year old diesel so I'm really not surprised - and if I moved to London I'd sell it in an instant, happily

His website doesn't really list any of his reasons beyond generalities

My local Nextdoor is beyond pissed off about the ULEZ extension into Bexley. Makes a change from Support Your Local Pitbulls and Are Police Are Wonderful type posts I suppose.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

WHO REMEMBERS PROPER GOSSIP???

Bollocks. (Accepting the premis that the double negative "but we'd never cause no shame" was not in fact intended to be taken literally as in "we did cause shame". Seeing as many people use double negatives just as negatives.)

Pre internet days:

When my sister was 14 she had an emergency appendectomy.
It was spread all round the school by the gossips that she'd gone for an abortion.

Oh and one time it was spread all round town that I was getting bonged up every night with a woman I only ever met for a grand total of 30 minutes in my entire life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Man I wish people thought I was cool enough to get bonged up at any point in my life.