Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Overcorrecting for living in a waterless desert by moving to the flood plain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Twerk from Home posted:

That price checks out for Houston a few years ago. Y'all are the ones disconnected from reality.

I bought a new construction 2400sqft house with a 2 car garage on a quarter acre for $160k in Houston less than a decade ago.

Now that tech employees can work from anywhere (not anymore lol) then everywhere must rise to match a tech salary. Only big beautiful tech bros deserve to own their own domicile.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Twerk from Home posted:

That price checks out for Houston a few years ago. Y'all are the ones disconnected from reality.

I bought a new construction 2400sqft house with a 2 car garage on a quarter acre for $160k in Houston less than a decade ago.

it's a timeshare tho

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Twerk from Home posted:

It's pretty amazing how quickly everything got completely hosed

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
gonna airbnb out part of my fractional ownership in a desert condo

Apr 7, 2003

My brother lives in one of the shittiest markets in America and he's trying to move up from a house he paid $46K for in 2012. Everything is like this now

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1022-N-Rock-St_Shamokin_PA_17872_M45902-67115?from=srp-list-card

$150K to live in one of the worst places in the US, a town that had to shut down their town hall because they could no longer afford utilities for the building.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Twerk from Home posted:

I'm more making fun of the person who thought that was the actual price for total ownership of a place like that.

Tsitsikovas posted:

so they just rebranded timeshares?
Kind of—I think fractional ownership means you get a piece of the deed (whereas you don't in timeshares? Idk).

Apr 7, 2003

Abner Assington posted:

I'm more making fun of the person who thought that was the actual price for total ownership of a place like that.

I opened the realtor.com page and picked the first property I saw, ain't my fault that they were lying

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My brother lives in one of the shittiest markets in America and he's trying to move up from a house he paid $46K for in 2012. Everything is like this now

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1022-N-Rock-St_Shamokin_PA_17872_M45902-67115?from=srp-list-card

$150K to live in one of the worst places in the US, a town that had to shut down their town hall because they could no longer afford utilities for the building.

Still not worse than East St. Louis. The city had to give City Hall to someone because it couldn't afford to pay a judgement to a man who had been beaten in prison.

https://www.upi.com/amp/Archives/1990/09/28/Court-awards-man-deed-to-City-Hall/4617654494400/

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Remember $100/sqft?

LOL, my house was $85/sqft when we bought in 2010. I'm never moving.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

Remember $100/sqft?

LOL, my house was $85/sqft when we bought in 2010. I'm never moving.

i found a 4 bedroom house for $110/sqft, cant wait to find out what's wrong with it later lol

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Twerk from Home posted:

sure, but in the year of the lord 2023, that does not exist

world is a gently caress

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/DenverChick1/status/1688379553163657216?t=2aP8G0vr0E8QfYK7NIb3QA&s=19

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

“the cost” of layoffs………

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

aren't they also doing a big RTO push

you'd think a company whose literal product is to facilitate WFH would be able to use their own drat tools

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

aren't they also doing a big RTO push

you'd think a company whose literal product is to facilitate WFH would be able to use their own drat tools

A big part of every company's RTO push reducing employee counts without doing layoffs. They just want people to leave.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no lube so what posted:

*fractional ownership

*$2k/month hoa

that place is crazy expensive

lmao

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

We have our own ToS with them that doesn't allow this :smug:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol love to find this out 10 minutes after finishing a job interview on zoom

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

had a zoom call with a doctor scheduled for thursday that I am going to change to a phone call

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Twerk from Home posted:

some of us are just good people who are above living somewhere like that

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
* usually *

there is a separate agreement and everything for business and especially for companies that deal with healthcare. There's a special zoom for healthcare service.

That being said - still gently caress zoom

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

that’s a lot of dick videos

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

RadiRoot posted:

ive noticed a trend with people in conversations lately where they just want to buy random material poo poo to fulfill a spontaneous urge but they confess that it doesnt have any affect on their happiness. its scary that one can be aware all the while acting out involuntarily. like an addiction i guess.

yeah :smith:

I try to post through the sadbrains instead of buy but hey that's what this society is designed to do. Anyway, it's almost always sub-20 bux and usually a digital videogamez thing.

i am harry posted:

this is insane use of words to imply something that is basically just -

three months ago apple stock was $178
then it climbed up to $195
and now it’s back down to $178

They'll get over it when the next iphone comes out in a month.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Consummate Professional posted:

that’s a lot of dick videos

zoom AI gonna start generating all fingers as dicks. like the brad neely washington video with like 50 god drat dicks all over

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

this is going right into litigation hell. no way this doesn't get challenged

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RadiRoot posted:

i found a 4 bedroom house for $110/sqft, cant wait to find out what's wrong with it later lol

one bathroom

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Twerk from Home posted:

A big part of every company's RTO push reducing employee counts without doing layoffs. They just want people to leave.

correct. can’t believe goons are so oblivious to shareholders that I’ve had to repeat this like 50x already

zoom is doing bad profit wise so they’re doing desperate attempts to cut heads and pivot toward ai data whatever. everyone is using Teams now

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I assume that the zoom agreement my employer (Stanford) has with them is different, but I'm going to check with them. We discuss and display PHI on our screens

Apr 7, 2003

actionjackson posted:

I assume that the zoom agreement my employer (Stanford) has with them is different, but I'm going to check with them. We discuss and display PHI on our screens

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

ProperGanderPusher posted:

For many Americans, especially aging boomers, the absence of snow is good enough.

They could have just stayed on the East Coast. We don't really get snow anymore.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chad Sexington posted:

They could have just stayed on the East Coast. We don't really get snow anymore.

too many non whites. no go zone

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Xaris posted:

correct. can’t believe goons are so oblivious to shareholders that I’ve had to repeat this like 50x already

zoom is doing bad profit wise so they’re doing desperate attempts to cut heads and pivot toward ai data whatever. everyone is using Teams now

it can be multiple reasons

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Eric Cantonese posted:

It's been like that for a long time. Lamborghini used the same switch stalks you'd find in a Morris Ital or Austin Metro in the Countach during the 1980s.

What you're basically getting with a supercar is the engine power and exterior styling. If you care about more practical things than that, you shouldn't get a supercar.

Supercars are veblen goods meant to sit in a garage/special display room just for the car.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Chad Sexington posted:

They could have just drowned themselves at sea

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Twerk from Home posted:

Sure, but who is this fooling? Everyone knows that this is akin to ripping the copper out of the walls -- the people who are most likely to leave are the people who you can least afford to replace.

Apr 7, 2003

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Sure, but who is this fooling? Everyone knows that this is akin to ripping the copper out of the walls -- the people who are most likely to leave are the people who you can least afford to replace.

these businesses believe that all individual contributors are fungible

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I guess it's too much to think that they would give special accommodations to the people they could least afford to lose, and then tell everyone else to pound sand.

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
I forgot if its this thread or another one where we talked about em, but this is what MBA brain does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

managers don’t believe in labor of any kind