Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

More importantly, Kareem Hunt cleaned up his life according to him by not drinking and being back home in Cleveland.

New Orleans feels like butt kickin country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Soul Glo posted:

colin cowherd loving sucks rear end

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Colon, coward

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Guess I should check if I'll be able to tell the Rams and Chargers unis apart this year...

I guess the helmets help...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

He's technically correct

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Robert Facepalmer posted:

That still makes me laugh that Mahomes McMansion is down there.

O M F G

My first semester at Iowa State, my folks moved there; dad got a job that lasted a whopping six months. I spent a summer and a Christmas break there. It wasn’t great!

It was also a location in The Day After and got the poo poo nuked out of it.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

He's technically correct

Usually I would say this is the best kind of correct, but

Soul Glo posted:

colin cowherd loving sucks rear end

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah fair

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

a neat cape posted:

Same with the Jags stupid two-tone helmet
Oh my god I hated it so much.

"It evokes the imagery of a Jaguar leaping from the shadows"
* has black tone on the front of the helmet *

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I said once that it's apt when the offensive and defensive line gets burned, and I still laugh to this day

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1689004423794524161?s=20

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1689004229795647492?s=20

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Clowney would fit in with the Ravens

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Because he's a fuckin clown

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Antonio Clowney

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

sweet thursday posted:

Clowney would fit in with the Ravens

Yeah!

sweet thursday posted:

Because he's a fuckin clown

Hey :mad:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38156107/some-commanders-players-concerned-eric-bieniemy-intensity-ron-rivera-says

drat Bieniemy must be the shadow owner of the Raiders with this decades long concerted effort by the NFL to keep him down.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Can't blame him for being a hard rear end. This is his one chance to get out of Reid and Mahomes shadows and it's with a team set to take a year off because they're all fired anyway.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm Team Bieniemy on this one.

edit: judging from Washington fans they agree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsI40Pwh3EE&t=842s

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FWIW

https://twitter.com/cheetah/status/1688966582104428554?s=20

https://twitter.com/jamaalcharles/status/1689001831123312640?s=20

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
To be fair Washington players probably aren't used to anyone involved with the team actually giving a poo poo.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

quote:

"I'm always going to be loud, always going to be vocal, always going to demand from my leaders," Bieniemy said, adding he knows what would happen if he altered his belief.

"If I ain't doing my job, my rear end gets fired. It's my job and my responsibility to make sure I'm getting our guys to do what I'm expecting them to do."

I usually dislike hardass coaches who are trying too hard, but yea he probably has this one chance to do anything with the DC Offense that is playing a 2nd years 5th Round pick at QB who hasn't shown anything yet. He's pretty much in a no win situation.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

But also I can tell you Antonio Gibson is getting carries this season

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Robert Facepalmer posted:

That still makes me laugh that Mahomes McMansion is down there.
While technically Belton, Loch Lloyd is more actual city than anything.

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Can I throw in a vote for Harrisonville? Is that too far beyond the sprawl?
Too far out and not nearly as awful.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Are you all suggesting ESPN would post a hit piece?!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Whose cheerios did Bieniemy piss in? That dude's not getting a HC job bc the league's racist but why put out hit pieces on him too?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Apparently the Cardinals field the Broncos are gonna play on in a few days is lovely as hell and Marlon Mack just got injured on it.

So you know, watch your ACL's team that's had like a half dozen guys injured already.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

syzpid posted:

I usually dislike hardass coaches who are trying too hard, but yea he probably has this one chance to do anything with the DC Offense that is playing a 2nd years 5th Round pick at QB who hasn't shown anything yet. He's pretty much in a no win situation.

He's also working on a staff that will probably get canned if they don't make the playoffs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Whose cheerios did Bieniemy piss in? That dude's not getting a HC job bc the league's racist but why put out hit pieces on him too?

The rape and assault allegations maybe?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

He didn't do any sexual assaults that we know of I don't think? He just looked the other way during that incident (probably under the advice of Gary Barnett who is a...whole deal). Which certainly is not ideal either way. Assaults happened while he was in college as a player. I think there was a DUI and some other traffic stuff.

But when you have been actively employed as a coach all along and these things happened between 20 and 30 years ago I find it hard to believe anyone in a front office truly cares about that unless it's an excuse.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a neat cape posted:

I get where you're coming from here but that doesn't seem to have resulted in hit pieces for other coaches so it'd be kind of weird for this to be the reason

... and for it to not be that plus a dash of racism

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Kalli posted:

Apparently the Cardinals field the Broncos are gonna play on in a few days is lovely as hell and Marlon Mack just got injured on it.

So you know, watch your ACL's team that's had like a half dozen guys injured already.

Same field where Butker and another Chiefs starter who I am forgetting slipped and got injured week 1, and of course the Super Bowl

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Strobe posted:

I get where you're coming from here but that doesn't seem to have resulted in hit pieces for other coaches so it'd be kind of weird for this to be the reason

... and for it to not be that plus a dash of racism

Yeppppp

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bip Roberts posted:

He's wearing the half and half jersey his parents sowed together so celebrate him and his brothers little league teams equally
You're thinking of the 2006 Fiesta Bowl when Laura Quinn, sister of Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn, was dating linebacker AJ Hawk of THE Ohio State.
https://ndiu.blogspot.com/2006/01/laura-quinn-bowl.html
Here's a post from that era.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/Pseudo_RGIII/status/1688904057094619136

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

He didn't do any sexual assaults that we know of I don't think? He just looked the other way during that incident (probably under the advice of Gary Barnett who is a...whole deal). Which certainly is not ideal either way. Assaults happened while he was in college as a player. I think there was a DUI and some other traffic stuff.

But when you have been actively employed as a coach all along and these things happened between 20 and 30 years ago I find it hard to believe anyone in a front office truly cares about that unless it's an excuse.

Fair. I always heard those reasons thrown out for why he was never hired as a head coach.

Could be the racism thing or maybe he just didn't interview well.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
At this point it's hard to see the main reason why Bieniemy hasn't gotten a chance as anything but racism. Every reason used against him hasn't held back other coaches from getting hired. How do the Eagles get both coordinators poached after losing a super bowl but a guy who has helped the Chiefs reach 3, win 2, and reach two more championship games under a coach that has produced multiple other head coaches not had anyone offer him a gig yet? Is he going into interviews and just beating up the owners?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

a neat cape posted:

The NFL is more then willing to turn the other way with just about everyone else.

Watch KC continue to dominate on Offense and suddenly everyone will be putting out puff pieces about Matt Nagy's redemption. He'll be the hot coaching hire for the 24 season.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Has anyone actually made sexual assault allegations against Bieniemy? Far as I've ever read the worst he's got is a DUI from 20ish years ago.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

Same field where Butker and another Chiefs starter who I am forgetting slipped and got injured week 1, and of course the Super Bowl

That would be first round pick Trent McDuffie who got injured on his first NFL game.

Luckily it ended well enough for both men in the end though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Febreeze posted:

At this point it's hard to see the main reason why Bieniemy hasn't gotten a chance as anything but racism. Every reason used against him hasn't held back other coaches from getting hired. How do the Eagles get both coordinators poached after losing a super bowl but a guy who has helped the Chiefs reach 3, win 2, and reach two more championship games under a coach that has produced multiple other head coaches not had anyone offer him a gig yet? Is he going into interviews and just beating up the owners?

It looks even worse when you look at Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy's resumes when they got hired as head coaches compared to Bieniemy's. Pederson had been the Chiefs OC for Andy Reid's first 3 seasons, where the team was good but not great and mainly had Alex Smith checking down all the time. Nagy was the OC for just a single season, 2017, where Alex Smith had a better year throwing to Tyreek Hill and Mahomes was sitting on the bench. They were OC for a combined 4 seasons, while Bieniemy was the OC for 5 seasons and still can't get a head coaching job and limited interviews, and that's even after Reid and Mahomes and other players have publicly endorsed him basically anytime the subject comes up (Hell, I remember Adrian Peterson speaking highly of him as a coach way back when he was the RB coach in Minnesota, which was the first time he got a little bit of attention in the coaching ranks). And all of that is before you get to guys from other teams who got head coaching jobs with far, far lesser resumes.

Yeah, he's been working for an all-time great coach, and he's had a QB that's already on the short list of greatest to ever play, which some people use to try and minimize Bieniemy's success and impact, but that's a lovely argument as both that coach and QB (And others in the franchise) have said Bieniemy's been a big part of what they've done the last 5~ years.

So yeah, racism has to be a major part of it up to this point.

I can almost guarantee if Washington's offense is any good this year, he'll get some very public interview requests next year. If they suck out loud, I also suspect he'll get way too much blame even though they've been bad for years, and there will be some talking head rear end in a top hat like Coherd who uses that as a "See! I told you he wasn't good!" gotcha moment.