Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ok wait just to sanity check, kafka's dot detonation is still operating on dot rules and the detonation itself can't crit, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Jabor posted:

If you're willing to pull for 5* eidolons you should be willing to pull for cones imo, they're both in the "spending pull currency on making characters stronger instead of on getting new characters" area.

If you're gonna do that you may want to look at the sweaty tryhard simulations to see which avenue of powering up is going to give you the best bang for your buck.
If anything, I'd go to LCs before eidolons, since the banner is cheaper and LCs aren't permanently fused to a single character.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

ok wait just to sanity check, kafka's dot detonation is still operating on dot rules and the detonation itself can't crit, right?
her detonation cant crit but her followup attacks can

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Well, alright, I did it. Resolution Shines in 22 pulls, I'll take that.

Futaba Anzu posted:

Correct

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

finally got far enough to beat the belobog boss. I found jarilo-vi sort of eh in general but the ending was a pretty cool spectacle to pay off the buildup. must've been a nice way to cap off the launch content.

the part where bronya and seele abruptly decide on a new conspiracy of silence was funny and a little jarring, as was March 7th celebrating right behind the mourning bronya, but I feel like those choices together were pretty effective in clearly establishing for the story going forward that what the trailblazers want and care about will not always be the same as what each arc's featured characters want and care about. even in this first mission, where all the important power players like and know you personally by the end, the outcome for belobog feels a little gross (the final zone strongly implies that cocolia was intentionally getting silvermane guards killed in suicidal charges lol) and the player crew's sympathy for bronya, the central character of the arc, only extends so far. hope they play around more with that.

e: it does confirm for me that I only really care to roll for characters that will likely continue to recur, like the stellaron hunters. having never played genshin, how does that game deal with a story where you largely reset casts between regions? does it revisit the opening areas every so often or do that game's gepard equivalents basically stop showing up

Valentin fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Aug 9, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you revisit previous areas in events, largely, while the main story keeps pressing on

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
the new genshin region is apparently going to feature a cameo from the antagonist from the second region? that's kinda it, though, in the main story the regions are basically self-contained with no crossover (and it's even worse than HSR since all the PC has for traveling companions is a single Navi-equivalent).

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sometimes I hate being on the American server. Still 6 hours till Kafka.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I still dont get why they just dont use zulu time and release the character on all servers at the same time.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I still dont get why they just dont use zulu time and release the character on all servers at the same time.

Retribution for the Opium War.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
What I don't get is why they use different release times for each server yet still put server maintenance at primetime for the America servers.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

One last Clara eidolon before I go. That's e2 now. I literally don't have any other standard banner 5*s.

But hey, got what I came for.

Cya, was fun while it lasted. Maybe I'll be back one day, especially if next patch's story picks up in quality.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

bye

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

One last Clara eidolon before I go. That's e2 now. I literally don't have any other standard banner 5*s.

Cya, was fun while it lasted. Maybe I'll be back one day, especially if next patch's story picks up in quality.

Very performative stuff:golfclap:

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I don't understand. You got your mommy, and now you don't even want to stick around to play with her a little bit first before going?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

Sorry about your smarphone being full.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

NeonPunk posted:

I don't understand. You got your mommy, and now you don't even want to stick around to play with her a little bit first before going?

I'll save it for if I ever come back I guess. Haven't really played in 2-3 weeks so I didn't have the xp stocked to get her particularly high level, or any trace mats.

I did genuinely have fun for a decent amount of time, but 1.2 story was a bit too much of a nothingburger when I do kinda care about the quality of main story, and my enjoyment of the combat was hit by a one-two punch of me getting kinda bored of it and also my turn-based RPG itches being scratched by Octopath 2.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

Gacha games are inherently evil and I will never not support someone choosing to walk away from one, but also LOL at this pathetic cry for attention.

E: vvvvv it's the screenshot of the uninstall screen that really makes it jump the shark vvvv

Symphoric fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 9, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dunno, I thought it was pretty funny

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
4 or 5 10-rolls on Kafka banner and nothing but Servals.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

I dunno, I thought it was pretty funny

Yeah it was a good post.

Symphoric posted:

Gacha games are inherently evil and I will never not support someone choosing to walk away from one, but

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
It's a nice uninstall screen.
I probably never would have seen it otherwise, if I quit the game will probably still sit on my hard drive indefinitely after drifting off.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

We're nowhere near the end game of the story tbh, so getting your fav character now and coming back when there's a good amount of content might well be a good idea. I doubt HSR will go into EoS within a few months like other gacha games do.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dammit. I went to buy the passes from the Embers Exchange and accidentally bought 5 standard passes. That only left me enough for 1 Special Pass. :D

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

There's pretty much no way we don't get to the big climactic battle with Nanook, this game's making insane amounts of money. The only thing stopping this train is if gacha becomes illegal or something.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Captain France posted:

I probably never would have seen it otherwise, if I quit the game will probably still sit on my hard drive indefinitely after drifting off.

It's Himeko's LC art up close. :ssh:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I could buy 5 with Starlight, but if I get 2 copies of Serval I can finally get Pela.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

haypliss posted:

It's Himeko's LC art up close. :ssh:

Actually now that you point that out, I actually see it in tiny form every time I switch around who is using The Seriousness Of Breakfast.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

i usually use my fuels right away now when i get them
gonna try to save them up and forget about them. be nice to be like oh right, and have 100 of them

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

There's pretty much no way we don't get to the big climactic battle with Nanook, this game's making insane amounts of money. The only thing stopping this train is if gacha becomes illegal or something.

I imagine a lot of people will fall off before that happens with the long gaps between events. All it takes is someone using their last stockpile of FTP rolls and losing the 50/50 and that is a good enough reason to quit if you are bored of logging in just to burn the trailblazer points while waiting for something to happen. The Luofo content was a pretty big step back IMO compared to the previous 2 areas that I hope the next area is decent or else it would be easy to write off the game.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Mihoyos profit margins last year were mind boggling considering how much it looks like they reinvest in the game in terms of production on assets, marketing, trailers and events compared to other gacha titles. If Honkai Impact 3rd can run as long as it has and make it to where they are ready for Part 2 and do it kind of before they became a globally recognized brand with Genshin then I'm pretty sure they're gonna make it with Genshin and Star Rail. The success of Genshin and Star Rail has apparently allowed them to reinvest in and try to modernize Honkai Impact as well. The trailers and set pieces for the game have seen a massive upgrade in the last year or so. The stages I'm playing in the game still look in jank land compared to some of the chapter 30ish and on stuff

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Captain France posted:

I had to reinstall this and Genshin the other day.

Because I had to pave and reinstall Windows, and it doesn't recognize the old installs on my game SSD.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Symphoric posted:

Gacha games are inherently evil and I will never not support someone choosing to walk away from one, but also LOL at this pathetic cry for attention.

E: vvvvv it's the screenshot of the uninstall screen that really makes it jump the shark vvvv

Genshins uninstall screen is Amber looking all teary eyed moe sad sad that you would think to leave the world of Teyvat and asking if you're sure.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Why are we assuming that we're going to a new area next in the main story? We haven't even found the Stellaron that was supposed to be the catalyst of the tree blooming yet. Thats kinda like the entire point of the Trailblazers, to go and seal up those Stellarons

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

NeonPunk posted:

Why are we assuming that we're going to a new area next in the main story? We haven't even found the Stellaron that was supposed to be the catalyst of the tree blooming yet. Thats kinda like the entire point of the Trailblazers, to go and seal up those Stellarons

:actually:, the point of the Trailblaze is to follow the path of their missing Aeon to its end to try and find out what happened to him, and also have neat adventures along the way.

It's just that it generally involves dealing with Stellarons to unfuck the rail lines.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

NeonPunk posted:

Because based on the pattern so far, the echoes of war bosses are the last things you fight on each world.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

pretending genshin didnt have childe as a weekly boss in the middle of liyue's story.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Not So Fast posted:

We're nowhere near the end game of the story tbh, so getting your fav character now and coming back when there's a good amount of content might well be a good idea. I doubt HSR will go into EoS within a few months like other gacha games do.

Last I checked the rankings, HSR is literally the highest grossing gacha game in the world at the moment, so yeah EoS ain't happening.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

I really thought at the end of Belobog that Welt was going to take that Stellaron and shove it into the MC too, but instead they kinda just hand waved it "safely away" which was kind of lame. I suspect the same will happen on the Loufu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

pretending genshin didnt have childe as a weekly boss in the middle of liyue's story.

see, the difference there is that was all in the same patch. same with the Inazuma Archon conclusion