Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Also, Ahsoka got a whole episode of very popular show the Mandalorian.

I'm only familiar with the character through osmosis and not very interested in the show, but it's a pretty well known character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

davidspackage posted:

Also, Ahsoka got a whole episode of very popular show the Mandalorian.

To be absolutely fair, she's probably gotten more screen time than anyone else in the franchise except Obi-Wan and Anakin. (She was one of the main characters for the seven seasons of Clone Wars.) It IS extended TV show stuff, but she's basically the very top of the list of characters anyone who's watched more than the movies would recognise. Yeah, those posters are characters most people won't know, but they're targeted at the people who will recognise them and seeing the characters in live action is sending the warsies into a frenzy. Warsies? What do you call Star Wars fanatics?

Still pretty lovely posters, though, just compositionally speaking, but when you're targeting franchise fans I guess you don't need to give much of a poo poo.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 9, 2023

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

yeah, i guess I've never watched a star wars tv show. i haven't even seen all the movies, tbf

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Andor is genuinely great in it's own right, skip the others unless you're really invested in the universe.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Throat lozenges are now canon in the Star Wars universe.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ahsoka probably has fans in the CD Star Wars thread for being one of the few people who successfully escaped Jedi indoctrination.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MikeJF posted:

There was an animated series called Star Wars Rebels that ran for four seasons. This is effectively just Rebels season five.

You are like a child. An infant. You are forgetting that there was also an animated series called Star Wars The Clone Wars that ran for seven seasons, and this is also effectively The Clone Wars season eight. It's a continuation of the stories from both cartoons.

That is why everyone is so excited, they'll get to see the characters all Star Wars fans know and love from all eleven collective seasons of the two cartoons finally meet.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So what does all this have to do with American Horror Story again? Was she one of the ghosts in season one?

I know Ryan Murphy likes to reference that season a lot.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

All I know is that she's a big deal for being Anakin's pre-Vader padawan am I right

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Negostrike posted:

All I know is that she's a big deal for being Anakin's pre-Vader padawan am I right

Yes, she is a big deal

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Gripweed posted:

You are like a child. An infant. You are forgetting that there was also an animated series called Star Wars The Clone Wars that ran for seven seasons, and this is also effectively The Clone Wars season eight. It's a continuation of the stories from both cartoons.

That is why everyone is so excited, they'll get to see the characters all Star Wars fans know and love from all eleven collective seasons of the two cartoons finally meet.

Okay but who is Ahsoka

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Um acktually, the restaurant in Devil is a Part-Timer is MgRonald's

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Andor is genuinely great in it's own right, skip the others unless you're really invested in the universe.

Andor is the only Star Wars property that exists for me now. Nothing else matters or is interesting.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Yes, she is a big deal

I read this wrong the first time and saw "NATALIA DYER AS BUTTERFIELD" and honestly, I'm more intrigued by that hypothetical movie where the Stranger Things lady is playing a bumbling killer named Butterfield.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I read this wrong the first time and saw "NATALIA DYER AS BUTTERFIELD" and honestly, I'm more intrigued by that hypothetical movie where the Stranger Things lady is playing a bumbling killer named Butterfield.

I would be far more interested in that movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcmXCXqI7Ew

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

kiimo posted:

Andor is the only Star Wars property that exists for me now. Nothing else matters or is interesting.

I've been watching Rebels and while it starts out a little rough it eventually gets really good.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Gripweed posted:

KILL NOW

*knock on door*

I'm huh to kuh yu.

Sorry.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

hexwren posted:

yeah, i guess I've never watched a star wars tv show. i haven't even seen all the movies, tbf

Lol ,well trolled

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Gripweed posted:

Now you should also be careful not to confuse this with the traditionally animated The Clone Wars, directed by Genndy Tartakovsky, now of dubious cannon. Nor should you confuse it with Star Wars: The Clone Wars, a 2008 CG cartoon released in theatres that was just 4 episodes of in production material that they were told to tie together and push out the door, and was very poorly received.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Clone Wars, directed by Genndy Tartakovsky is still the best one

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The lack of Mac and me is offensive

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Paul Rudd owned the rights to Mac and Me specifically to gently caress with Conan

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I love when he did it for his first appearance on Conan’s podcast.

“It doesn’t work! This is not a visual medium!”

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Appropriate for this page, since it's the voice of Darth Maul (and various other characters in The Phantom Menace) LOL

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The MSJ posted:

Appropriate for this page, since it's the voice of Darth Maul (and various other characters in The Phantom Menace) LOL

Brian Butterfield has worn a lot of hats.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

https://youtu.be/6y5A0KpJkX8

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Paul Rudd should surprise Conan with this scene if they ever do an interview again.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
The clone wars was at its best when it was mentioned in a throwaway line in A New Hope for something to ignite your brain and mystery, and not further elaborated upon at all

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I know what that is!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

I know what that is!

What is it?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Anime

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Nope

Larryb posted:

What is it?

Senritsu Kaiki World Kowasugi! https://boxd.it/DjZu

It's the next entry in a film series by Koji Shiraishi, a dude who loves making found footage flicks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Woah starring Sam from Trick r Treat

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

I guess Lord Zedd made a heel-face turn

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

Woah starring Sam from Trick r Treat

I mean if he was that would be an automatic ticket from me.

Sam's the best and Trick r Treat seriously needs a Sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

dr_rat posted:

Sam's the best and Trick r Treat seriously needs a Sequel an anthology horror TV show where Sam hosts by stumbling in and out of stories, but it's also super gory and funny