Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Has anyone actually made sexual assault allegations against Bieniemy? Far as I've ever read the worst he's got is a DUI from 20ish years ago.

No it was the football team in general at Colorado if I remember. Then he went crazy on a parking ticket cop if I remember correctly. And the DUI but again this was decades ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

quote:

On July 4, 1990, Bieniemy pleaded no contest to interfering with a firefighter who had been performing his duties to extinguish a fire in Bieniemy's mother's garage.[25] Bieniemy received an eight-month suspended sentence[26] and was suspended for one game.[27] Bieniemy was instructed to do 40 hours of community service and attend an eight-hour firefighting training session.[25] An assistant city attorney said that Bieniemy failed to attend the firefighting training session as stipulated in the plea agreement, but Bieniemy asserted the session was optional

King.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He's also working on a staff that will probably get canned if they don't make the playoffs.

Washington staff probably gets fired even if they do make the playoffs

Full on purge

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's not great to go nuts on a parking attendant officer.

I say, remembering the time distinctly in college when I threatened to come back and bomb the parking department in the middle of the night but got away with it because it was before 9/11.

It was a different time, I say with a smile, ignoring the rear end i once was.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Matt Patricia keeps getting jobs (albeit of diminishing prestige). Despite sucking at defense, sucking worse at offense, sucking as a head coach, being accused of gang rape, and as far as I can tell being hated by everyone in and around the league except Belichick. It’s real hard to come up with reasons he keeps getting work while Bienemy doesn’t besides racism at this point.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ty Detmer beat Eric Bieniemy and Raghib Ismail for the Heisman despite throwing 28 interceptions.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Reminder, Kaepernick was totally blackballed

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

part two of the history of the vikings is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsJI2PrSM7A&t=998s

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Diqnol posted:

Also reminder the bears 100% would have won the superbowl in 2018 with kaep. Absolutely plug and play into their offense, excellent defense. Just missed a room temperature qb.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diqnol posted:

100% true

Bip Roberts posted:

Also reminder the bears 100% would have won the superbowl in 2018 with kaep. Absolutely plug and play into their offense, excellent defense. Just missed a room temperature qb.

100% not true

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

new england would have beaten the bears 13 to 3

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
If Hackett can get a HC job off of coaching a HoF Qb then there's zero legitimate reason Bienemy can't get one.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Relentlessboredomm posted:

If Hackett can get a HC job off of coaching a HoF Qb then there's zero legitimate reason Bienemy can't get one.

And Hackett wasn't calling the plays in GB, which is another reason people claimed Bienemy shouldn't be getting a head coaching job.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1688958365052092417?t=mCDGiHED2q3s-VliugCnSg&s=19

I'm glad Herbert is opening up a little bit personality wise

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
is the nfl aware he is doing dabs? Mods?!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If he starts gyrating his hips I will send some angry letters.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Weird the Panthers did 4 void years on Houston, I thought they had plenty of cap space.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1689264967399190528?s=20

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JoePompliano/status/1689079266355400705

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

A JaMarcus for the modern age :allears:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's Johnny Football not Johnny iPad

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Codependent Poster posted:

He's Johnny Football not Johnny iPad

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Mega64 posted:

If he starts gyrating his hips I will send some angry letters.

That is a disgusting act by Justin Herbert and it’s unfortunate that we have that on the air

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

this looks great, out today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiEMSNR82Fk

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

GRRRRR I HATE THE MICROSOFT SURFACE SO MUCH!!!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Reminds me of 10 yard fight and that game sucked rear end.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Reminds me of 10 yard fight and that game sucked rear end.

Even as a little kid I could tell 10 yard fight sucked rear end (although it was the only video game my dad would play with me :unsmith:)

This game looks sick imo. Like retro bowl with 10x more depth. Also if your first thought was 10 yard fight and not retro bowl go get it for your phone immediately because it loving owns

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Nice. $20ish is a bit much for me to impulse buy, but luckily there's a demo too, so maybe I'll bite if the demo is good enough.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That game looks like it has more depth than whatever Madden is selling for $60 these days.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Docjowles posted:

Even as a little kid I could tell 10 yard fight sucked rear end (although it was the only video game my dad would play with me :unsmith:)

This game looks sick imo. Like retro bowl with 10x more depth. Also if your first thought was 10 yard fight and not retro bowl go get it for your phone immediately because it loving owns

Retro Bowl is a lot of fun but I haven't played it in a while. It definitely was the first thing that popped him my head but the game play reminded me of 10YF.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

This was a pretty decent documentary. I had no idea that he tried to commit suicide.

Johnny seems to have grown up a bit but is definitely still a Bro.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

kiimo posted:

Ty Detmer beat Eric Bieniemy and Raghib Ismail for the Heisman despite throwing 28 interceptions.

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1541477478883115008?s=20

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I enjoy this content

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So Ruggs got 3 to 10 years today. That seems like a large window, how exactly does that happen?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

So Ruggs got 3 to 10 years today. That seems like a large window, how exactly does that happen?

It appears 3 years until he can ask for parole, 10 years if the board doesn't agree to it when he's allowed to ask--which would happen yearly I believe?--and then he's out either way. Not a lawyer, but that's how I understand it.

So like, 3 years for sure, maybe up to 10.

e: oh maybe I misunderstood your question. The gap might be a sop to both the defense and prosecution by the judge I guess? Both were asking for way less and way more.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 9, 2023

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Yeah, this came out on Steam a few years ago and has really good reviews there, it just released on consoles today. IIRC, one of the main guys behind it was also involved in a bunch of the mods for stuff like 2K5 with modern rosters or adding franchise mode to All-Pro Football 2K8 and assorted other stuff, so there's definitely some actual football fan care behind it compared to... well, everything Madden has done in the last 15+ years.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’m playing around with it on Xbox, it has plays like 65 Toss Power Trap and Red Right 88, and a hilariously yelled “Omaha!” for some audibles. It’s fun, although the “disguise” play thing is glitched at the moment.

EDIT: rofl the first play I ran in a game resulted in a concussion 10/10 most realistic football game since 2K5

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Nate Tice is now the host of prospects to pros podcast??

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jeez Ruggs might actually play again