Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

BioEnchanted posted:

I got a trailer for Cobweb, which looks like a fun one.

Yeah I remember people being mad that it’s a pretty good film they decided to release the same weekend as Barbie/Oppenheimer and it got completely buried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cobweb is available on VOD services starting this Friday

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
https://youtu.be/f6eMHA83W-0

Something that was great about Talk to Me was the sound design. You really FEEL the punches.

These guys are living the modern Buster Keaton energy or like, a more palatable version of Harmony Korine's Fight Harm idea

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah I remember people being mad that it’s a pretty good film they decided to release the same weekend as Barbie/Oppenheimer and it got completely buried.

At least in the UK Cobweb's not coming out until September, so it might do better here.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/bdisgusting/status/1688913597110587393?s=46&t=wbUf_u7uOvtvxKOmB6dAHQ

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Is that the one with the infamous scene with the hobo drinking a bad beer and melting into a toilet?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

BioEnchanted posted:

Is that the one with the infamous scene with the hobo drinking a bad beer and melting into a toilet?

Yeah but that’s the main conceit. Some homeless folks stumble upon a box of illegal booze that melts you from inside out. Makes sense for the Fried Barry director to do this remake.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If they keep the fun goop, and lose the sexual assaults and racism, this could be pretty great.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
For Christmas one year, I made my sober friend a bottle of grenadine and put a Tenafly Viper label on it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

If it's not better than Trash Humpers, what's the point?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

BioEnchanted posted:

At least in the UK Cobweb's not coming out until September, so it might do better here.

Good to see the old UK releasing schedule has shifted back to normal. I remember being a kid and getting DVD copies of stuff from the states that hadn’t hit the cinemas yet.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

EL BROMANCE posted:

Good to see the old UK releasing schedule has shifted back to normal. I remember being a kid and getting DVD copies of stuff from the states that hadn’t hit the cinemas yet.

Ahhhhh the good old days I had a pretty good little system where I’d record region 1 DVD’s of new releases to VHS tapes, I even had a stupid animation of my name I’d record onto the beginning of each tape

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I still make custom VHS tapes with edited FBI warnings and a custom animation for releases and trailers and such, it's such a fun little art project.

I had so many recorded tapes, but a lot of it was of UK TV I would record while visiting family over there that I'd then bring home to our multi-region VCR. I wore out the Tots TV and Wallace & Gromit tapes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If you still have those tapes, it’s worth digitizing the stuff that never got dvd or web releases down the line. So much interesting late night poo poo that’ll never be seen again.

With hard disks getting cheaper, I must admit that moving away from physical collections to digital hoarding is something I enjoy. I can have a ridiculous amount of weird and wonderful stuff in my Plex library and the footprint it takes up in my home is tiny. Digging around the internet to find Thrift store level stuff. Bliss.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Oh I'm all about my digital hoarding. I've set up TV networks in my house using a bunch of hard drives and some Raspberry Pis and one of the channels is specifically an art project/background noise channel that plays VHS rips, video game long plays, weird informational tapes, etc underneath a playlist of curated video game music to make for a really fun surreal late night experience. Entire goal with the five channels is to create that sleepover midnight TV feeling and it's been great fun. Because of that I have an absolutely massive Plex library because our second channel changes themes every month to stuff like sci-fi/fantasy, horror in October, musicals, etc.

I have a bunch of tapes from thrift stores I've been very slowly trying to digitize and upload to the Internet Archive. I could probably knock out my collection in a day or two if I tried harder but I'm always looking for new poo poo to do. I'm no Dr. RIP VHS but I have fun.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ooh that sounds super fun! I’ve seen the RasPi stuff before and meant to look into it more, sadly I don’t have the space I used to have so don’t have a dedicated room of hardware and screens these days so I just stick to running DizqueTV from my Plex collection to replicate broadcasts.

If you’re on either the CineD or Scream Stream discords throw me a line, I use the same username as here.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I hate when media gets lost. About half the episodes of the old british cartoon Captain Zed and the Zee Zone (dream cops keeping an eye on children's dreams and protecting them, quite charming) are completely lost to time, but the remaining 10 watchable episodes are actually pretty solid, so it's a shame. One of the early episodes involves a child gets basically groomed by the Nightmares (who are physical entities who infiltrate dreams and make them go bad) into making a series of bad decisions that result in his dream becoming terrible, and the dream patrol can't do anything about it because he doesn't know he's in trouble, and they can only interfere if the children ask for help explicitly. Also one of the episodes expands the lore and introduces a bunch of other patrol units that the human Dream Patrol never heard of, because they are for animal dreams, and that episode owns because Captain Zed's cat sidekick basically commandeers the ship and kidnaps his crewmates to answer the call of the Cat Dream Patrol, being the lead for that episode. It's quite fun, and the only surviving episodes are old grainy vhs rips that are watchable, but not great quality. The other half of the episodes have such severe whitenoise that the audio is inaudible.

They are preserved on a single youtube channel now as the only place to see it. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7xBRbHI5IpiXo6UiYLqs1PPVi9hJeG23

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
This post is giving me dejavu for some reason.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This post is giving me dejavu for some reason.

I've probably posted something like it before.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Just doing a rewatch of the Paramount+ show EVIL and I, again, cannot recommend the show enough to horror goons, it is batshit good/bad in all the best possible ways. The episode I'm currently on has (spoilers but nothing that would ruin the plot) forked-tongue demon sex, a man trying to push a shrunken head down the toilet with the stick end of a plunger, and one of Satan's minions getting bullied by a squad of ten year old girls in a chatroom. The show is amazing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BioEnchanted posted:

I've probably posted something like it before.

Yeah, your avatar combined with these videos having a specific look and feel. I've definitely sat around and tried to listen to whatever the hell is going on here before!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah Evil is good. If you like X-Files, chances are you'll dig it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
EVIL is super fun and weird in a way you don't expect for something that got its start on network tv. Some of my favorite TV from the past few years.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

nobody seems to have as much fun on tv as Michael Emerson does in Evil, he is just at maximum glee almost the whole time

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/stephenking/status/1689430591110811648?s=46&t=wbUf_u7uOvtvxKOmB6dAHQ

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

nobody seems to have as much fun on tv as Michael Emerson does in Evil, he is just at maximum glee almost the whole time

Michael Emerson as Leiland is honestly one of the best villains in the modern TV era. He's just such an unrepentant shitbag, and yet the performance is so compelling and insane that you sorta root for him. That initial scene where he's receiving an exorcism and is screaming and wailing, and then stops completely to wink at the main characters before going back to pretending is just perfection. TBH, the real villain of the show, though, is Sheryl, who is just the loving worst in every way. Christine Lahti is great in that sort of 'Christine Baranski in Hell' way.

Don't give me hope, Stephen. Don't invoke Hammer like that.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am definitely interested in the Demeter but that tv show FROM has a pull quote from King raving about it, and it's probably the most obnoxious puzzlebox show i've watched

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Stephen King was praising The Flash right before it came out lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

he was being nice to his homie

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

It’s worth keeping in mind that Stephen King sometimes likes some pretty dumb poo poo. Like Joe Hill

Still gonna see it though. It’s got Liam Cunningham and he’s always great. Loved that guy since Dog Soldiers.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
The Racka Racka boys put together a video of their press tour which for a video about a press tour manages to include three different stunt sequences. I'm going to have to watch the rest of their YouTube stuff aren't I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEAGMkIadV0

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

MacheteZombie posted:

Stephen King was praising The Flash right before it came out lol

and he was right, The Flash was super fun :colbert:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
King will give loving anything a pull quote

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want to be excited for Demeter but it just looks a little too Hollywood and a little too polished

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gey muckle mowser posted:

and he was right, The Flash was super fun :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1OhC9h3flY&t=95s

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Michael Emerson as Leiland is honestly one of the best villains in the modern TV era. He's just such an unrepentant shitbag, and yet the performance is so compelling and insane that you sorta root for him. That initial scene where he's receiving an exorcism and is screaming and wailing, and then stops completely to wink at the main characters before going back to pretending is just perfection. TBH, the real villain of the show, though, is Sheryl, who is just the loving worst in every way. Christine Lahti is great in that sort of 'Christine Baranski in Hell' way.

The bit in last season where Sheryl destroys the assistant with the nut allergy was fantastic. Great character in a show full of great characters.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm kind of excited for Last Voyage. I like the premise and I love me a good claustrophobic horror movie.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

There’s always the possibility they pull an Inglorious Basterds and kill off Dracula or have him go to space or something.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I love The Death Ship sequence in Nosferatu a lot so I'm tentatively excited. And the title kicks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hes gunna eat every last one of those losers on the boat and I'm gunna cheer