Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

kiimo posted:

Jeez Ruggs might actually play again

lol naw man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

lol naw man

On one hand yeah probably not, on the other....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrY1xGU-UBk

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If he had just killed a woman, maybe. But he also killed a dog which is practically unforgivable in this country.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1689353525925490688?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

If he had just killed a woman, maybe. But he also killed a dog which is practically unforgivable in this country.

and yet Michael Vick played again.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Michael Vick was merely doing dog MMA, that's different

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

clowney checking off the titans, browns, and now the ravens. just one more afc north team left after that. the big jacksonville jaggies

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

lol naw man

Deshaun to Ruggs, finally bringing that trophy to the mistake on the lake

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

kiimo posted:

and yet Michael Vick played again.

Not to mention that roasting people is a positive trait in the NFL.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Cavauro posted:

clowney checking off the titans, browns, and now the ravens. just one more afc north team left after that. the big jacksonville jaggies

what

two of those teams are in the afc south

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Soul Glo posted:

what

two of those teams are in the afc south

Ohio teams are canonically in the AFCN

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ruggs pulled mcmagic as his judge? Or what happened folks are discussing him playing again?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He will be available for parole in three years. 1.5 if he gets time served which I have zero insight or understanding on that

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He was denied time served. 3 years minimum. He'll be what 27 28yo former first round pick. Not terrible odds someone throws a vet minimum deal at him to see if he's still fast.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I may revive the old Video James thread, but for those of you curious about Legend Bowl, make sure you play around with the various default rosters it comes with. Aside from the default one, there’s like 7 others, including a thinly veiled version of the current NFL called “Proset 24”, another called “Old Skool Kool” that’s pretty clearly based on 1985 NFL rosters with some 1985 USFL inspired teams to get it up to 32.

I’m liking this a ton already.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He was denied time served. 3 years minimum. He'll be what 27 28yo former first round pick. Not terrible odds someone throws a vet minimum deal at him to see if he's still fast.

Soul Glo posted:

lol naw man

yeah. We are all justifiably cynical as gently caress about the NFL but there's no way they bring the "got drunk, drove 150+ mph, murdered a woman and her dog, and was never even very good at football" guy back. Ray Rice was making pro bowls every year and he was dead to the league as soon as his video leaked.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

wandler20 posted:

Reminds me of 10 yard fight and that game sucked rear end.

10-Yard Fight is actually fun when compared to John Elway's Quarterback. Just the absolute most dogshit football game ever made and there were a lot of bad football games back then.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I played the demo on Steam a while back and for whatever reason never bought it.

I have rectified this mistake

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Docjowles posted:

yeah. We are all justifiably cynical as gently caress about the NFL but there's no way they bring the "got drunk, drove 150+ mph, murdered a woman and her dog, and was never even very good at football" guy back. Ray Rice was making pro bowls every year and he was dead to the league as soon as his video leaked.

Ruggs was on pace for 1,100 yards in his second season and looked like he had the makings of a star. I know TFF doesn't actually watch football, but this is dumb even by McMagic standards.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MrLogan posted:

I know TFF doesn't actually watch football, but this is dumb even by McMagic standards.

Your gimmick just...isn't fun man. Telling a football forum they don't watch football because they also look at stats is idiotic, and I'll bet a kidney I watch more football than you do. It's also amusing that you're using a stats based argument here.

It is not an unreasonable take to think that Ruggs will not be signed or see the field again if he does get out in 3 years, which is not guaranteed. Sometimes people are messy, Justin Blackmon was on pace (if he had played a full 16 game season) to hit 1600 yards in his second season and never saw the field again if you want to play that game. He didn't kill anyone in a particularly horrible fashion to his credit, he was just unemployable.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 9, 2023

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Leonard Little murdered a woman while drunk driving and nobody cared all that much. I guess the "dog murderer" enhancer changes things a bit but some dumbass team will probably give him a shot if he gets out early enough.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I’m sure his conditioning will be great after 3 years in a small box.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Haven't you seen Terminator 2

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
If he gets out in 3 years from right now, it would be August of 2026. His last NFL game was October of 21. There's no way, just based on that. Maybe a spring league gives him a chance? But I don't think they have the level of PR that the NFL does to ignore what he did.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
The NFL doesn't care if you don't suck or aren't a worthless running back.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
From what I've read Vick actually did turn his life around. He did his time, I didn't have a problem with him being able to play after he got out. Same with Ruggs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Your gimmick just...isn't fun man

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

From what I've read Vick actually did turn his life around. He did his time, I didn't have a problem with him being able to play after he got out. Same with Ruggs.

Andy Reid took him under his wing and treated him like one of his own.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

I watched the Johnny Football Netflix movie last night, and this is not even close to the funniest revelation. He and his buddy 100% made up the story about him coming from Oil Money in order to explain the hundreds of thousands of dollars he was publicly spending. It was just a cover for his multi-million dollar autograph and memorabilia side gig

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sorry what

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Johnny Football doc was really good.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Johnny Maziel is from a working class family. He, himself planted the story that he's from Oil Money as a cover explanation for his extravagant lifestyle that was actually funded from selling millions of dollars in autographs and signed jerseys, etc

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MrLogan posted:

Ruggs was on pace for 1,100 yards in his second season and looked like he had the makings of a star. I know TFF doesn't actually watch football, but this is dumb even by McMagic standards.

Hey dude, when a guy goes to prison for murder, you can stop getting offended on his behalf when somebody undersells his football playing ability.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

D-LINK posted:

Johnny Maziel is from a working class family. He, himself planted the story that he's from Oil Money as a cover explanation for his extravagant lifestyle that was actually funded from selling millions of dollars in autographs and signed jerseys, etc

lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

D-LINK posted:

That's completely outrageous. Sports reporters are absolutely fake journalists.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It just seems so...easy to check up on

Like, the oil money thing was in all his draft writeups as potentially a bad thing that he may be an entitled prick. How can nobody have done any even moderate research on that

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

He also low key implicates at least one famous athlete as vouching for the mob poo poo he got himself into

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Are we talking people buying in bulk to sell at auctions/conventions?

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Never forget “Outlaw bloodlines” in the NE scouting report

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah I am failing to see why “I make millions on my merchandise” needed a weird cover story. That seems…very good? Was he supposed to be giving a league a cut and doing it all under the table? Or was this college merch in pre NIL times? E: I guess it has to be something like that

MrLogan posted:

He was getting like 3 catches a game, he had the makings of being maybe a better Ted Ginn. Which is a respectable nfl career! But not enough to take PR hit on the murder guy after 5+ years away from football.

Whoever said he’ll be kicking around a spring league like current Josh Gordon was dead on imo

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 10, 2023