Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Excelzior posted:

I approve of Yanqing getting owned every time we see him
yanqing, aka yamcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

lol one tiny negative i just found out about kafka is that her technique is so wide range you'll often trigger both targets in moc unless you stand off to the side

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I really wish they would let you replay quests since there are like a billion permutations of Kafka's.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I too am bamboozled by free will

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Emptied what little coffers I had, and got a Kafka and a Luka. I'm assuming that my Sampo will be Kafka's best friend, though I'm not expecting actual numbers from her until I spend a while fishing for relics and leveling material.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

whos the girl in the light cone I just got???? "Trend of the Universal Market"

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

That’s Topaz apparently. Fire hunt. She cute and has a warp trotter summon.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Meowywitch posted:

Topaz. She's an upcoming Fire Hunt character, should be in the patch after ILDan and Fu Xuan. Her kit is basically an improved single target focused version of Jing Yuan.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh my god I'm so out of it I've been rolling on the light cone banner

and I got it after 12 rolls

I'm the stupid boob! it's me!!!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

And I just got Kafka. I'm loving cackling.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i got kafka, kafka's lc, Luka E2, Serval and Sampo are now both E6

a good day

now to wayght till tsundere purple lady

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 10, 2023

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Dazerbeams posted:

I need help with my debilitating choice paralysis. Who do I focus on so I can finally 30 star MoC? Jing Yuan is my only completed character. I do love the idea of a DoT team with Kafka but she'll be so expensive.

Mostly coherent teams you can assemble there, in no particular order:
Kafka/Sampo/Bronya/(Luocha|Gepard|Bailu) - Luocha's probably the most stress-free solo sustain but all your 5* sustain units can do it with gear. Kafka's numbers are very high so even if you don't level another DoT character she's worth leveling. This has the fewest transferrable resources of the potential teams since Sampo's only ok outside this team unless you go super all-in on him. Bronya can turn into Asta or Ting here as well if you want to use Bronya on your other side.

Yanqing/Ting/Bronya/Gepard - YQ hypercarry, giant fuckoff Gepard shields mean YQ passive never goes down and he gets to go a bunch thanks to Bronya and murder everyone. Can sub in Sushang for phys vuln things and QQ for Quantum things and keep the same structure. Note that none of these are gonna be amazing at dealing with multitarget situations.

Jing/Ting/CHOICE/(Bailu|Luocha) - Choice would probably be Welt or Gepard here, could also be Pela if you need the dispel. Gepard + Healer is overkill but will get you through most stages, just not turn efficiently. Welt does lots of damage, slows stuff so Ting doesn't blow up.

So basically your next project is Kafka + either gearing a non-Luocha sustainer to be able to solo or leveling Bailu enough that Gepard/Bailu/X/X bores one side to death while Luocha solos the other side.

Units I'd probably avoid investing more in unless you really love them:
FMC - Unless you really want/need fire break, Gepard does more with the same team slot.
Dan Heng - you've got an invested Sushang already as a single-target unit + Kafka's single target damage is very good.
Natasha - you have 3 better sustain units in Bailu/Gepard/Luocha
Yukong - She's the most annoying of the harmony units to use well
March 7 - same problem as FMC - competing with Gepard is hard.
Serval - Low level + you have two limited lightning dps already

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Got Kafka, Sampo, and E2 Serval in 20 pulls.

Gotta say, I've been fairly conservative with my rolls in HSR compared to how I was with Genshin at this point, so I'm pretty surprised getting her was that cheap.

Was hoping to get Luka as well, but I'm more than fine sitting on all of this jade I've stocked up and waiting for the next character I want

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm not gonna bother with Kaf E1 cause I got her light cone

Cool or no cool?

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Christ MoC 6 is hard walling me this time - specifically Yanqing.

Anyone have any tips? Do you basically need AoE of all three weakness elements to deal with those drat swords efficiently? The only chars I have leveled with the correct element types are Serval and Tingyun...

The best I could come up with out of the chars I'm not using for the other side of that MoC is Silver Wolf + Serval + Natasha + Qingque. I keep getting wiped even though Natasha has 143 goddamn speed and I'm using her skill pretty much every turn...

Izzhov fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 10, 2023

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Shinji2015 posted:

Got Kafka, Sampo, and E2 Serval in 20 pulls.

Gotta say, I've been fairly conservative with my rolls in HSR compared to how I was with Genshin at this point, so I'm pretty surprised getting her was that cheap.

Was hoping to get Luka as well, but I'm more than fine sitting on all of this jade I've stocked up and waiting for the next character I want

I got a Luka in 20 pulls, really torn. I have JY, had been gunning for Dragon Dan, but the hype is real.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Kafka lots of fun, the apes in MoC still suck.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I pulled on the LC banner for the first time to see if I could get Luka's LC (and if I got wildly lucky, maybe the Kafka LC)

Got the Kafka LC in the first 10-pull. No Luka, but I'm okay with that lol

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Kafka companion quest mostly bored me to death but at least I got to beat up Yanqing again so it wasn't completely bad.

Where the gently caress is my Qingque companion quest.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Happy to report that a tank MC and the Stellaron Hunters have pretty good synergy but maybe keep some healing stuff on hand for Bladie.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Meowywitch posted:

I'm not gonna bother with Kaf E1 cause I got her light cone

Cool or no cool?

I'm sorry, but that's not cool. You need to get E6 and a fully superimposed LC to be cool. That's the rules.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Stonewalled on the companion quest due to the jobber owning me completely in turn economy no matter what I try. How are you guys breezing through him?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tree Reformat posted:

Stonewalled on the companion quest due to the jobber owning me completely in turn economy no matter what I try. How are you guys breezing through him?

I sort of gave up trying to take down the swords and just went for the kid himself.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I threw one last ticket and got the Kafka dupe

lol

tased losers cya dopes

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
okay got him

hate how he just loving ignored aggro, it feels like

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Tree Reformat posted:

The trick to that boss is the swords each have a random weakness, of one of Yanqing's three weaknesses. If you hit them with their weakness, they instantly die. In my case, Kafka and Luocha immediately removed three of the swords from the field as soon as they spawned.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Kafaka and E3 Bronya get, along with some robot punchy dude and E3 Sampo.

Now it's just gonna be like 2 weeks of energy before any of the newbies are actually usable, bleh.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Excelzior posted:

I approve of Yanqing getting owned every time we see him

Can't wait for for him to be a Simulated Universe boss to do so we canown Yanqing weekly

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

lol one tiny negative i just found out about kafka is that her technique is so wide range you'll often trigger both targets in moc unless you stand off to the side

wait actually this is a pro move, it applies the technique onto both waves. passive techniques don't get doubled up though

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Tree Reformat posted:

Yep, that's the same rear end in a top hat blocking my progress in MoC. It seems like you just straight up can't beat that guy unless you're either way way overtuned, you run a super safe team with double sustain (which isn't an option for me since I'm already doing that on the other side of that MoC), or you have some very specific limited 5* units (like Luocha). Pretty frustrating boss design imo.

Izzhov fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Aug 10, 2023

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Izzhov posted:

Yep, that's the same rear end in a top hat blocking my progress in MoC. It seems like you just straight up can't beat that guy unless you're either way way overtuned, you run a super safe team with double sustain (which isn't an option for me since I'm already doing that on the other side of that MoC), or you have some very specific limited 5* units (like Luocha). Pretty frustrating boss design imo.

Yeah, it's a tough one. I managed to limp through the fight last week with a team that was really ineffective at dealing with his gimmicks (Qinque main DPS), but as you said, I used double sustain in Natasha + Fire TB to deal with it. Going forward, there's no way I'm tackling that without at least one character who has an AOE of one of the effective elements.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

You don't need a limited 5 star to deal with Yanqing. Serval is free. I find the ape to be much more of a challenge.

I admittedly have Luocha, but that's because I targeted sustain and support over dps. I use Luocha against the ape anyway, and my dps at the moment is Dan Heng and Serval for MoC 6.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

sheesh

I leveled up Kafka, then went to start upgrading an LC. "huh, why don't I have any trace materials? Haven't I been stockpiling them this past week?"

...I've been farming erudition

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Izzhov posted:

I think that guy's easier than a single gorilla or auramaton, tbh.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Don't try this at home, kids.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

When you get those double pulls, do they count toward the 50/50 and the next 5 star will be the limited character or does it not count?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

When you do a 10-pull, I'm pretty sure that under the hood it's actually just doing 10 single pulls in a row. So it depends on the order you pull them in. In my case, I pulled a Kafka dupe and then Himeko, so I should still have the banner guarantee for my next 5*. Pretty sure.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Lost 50/50 to narcchild, went back to soft pity again and got Kafka. Way too many Servals on the way, she was already e6, but did get e7 Sampo from e1 and an e1 Luka. Lost 3/4 of my 50/50s so far, sad.

On the bright side I have a gigantic pile of starlight to redeem for tickets, so between that and income over the rest of the patch/1.3 I think the plan is to give dragondan a shot when he comes out and then just take the guaranteed Fu Xuan if I lose 50/50 again. Much as his animations are boss and I think he’ll be strong, I feel like I might be better off going for some more support options.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

NeonPunk posted:

When you get those double pulls, do they count toward the 50/50 and the next 5 star will be the limited character or does it not count?

Clarste posted:

When you do a 10-pull, I'm pretty sure that under the hood it's actually just doing 10 single pulls in a row. So it depends on the order you pull them in. In my case, I pulled a Kafka dupe and then Himeko, so I should still have the banner guarantee for my next 5*. Pretty sure.

Yeah basically this. You'll want to check your pull records on the banner to determine whether your double pull was a lost 50/50 or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got Clara, Bronya E3, Kafka and 2x of her LC (lol). Completely bottomed out on everything including starlight now though, thought Dragon Dan was after Fu not before so I am totally boned.