Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Drunk Nerds posted:

Also I've been working with the Beersheets dev and we have an alternative that pulls the same data and customizes it for your league settings, just like the old sheets did.

Beta testing is currently open on our Discord, if you want in pm me.

I want in but dont have PMs

e: what a terrible snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

does it do auction values too?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The commissioner in our super chill 7ish year long absolutely drama free money league randomly threw a hissy fit this morning out of nowhere and quit without warning lol. So somethings going on with him.

Two friends and I immediately swooped in to pick up the pieces and cherry picked the hardcore football guys that we liked from that one, some guys from our other league, and added a couple of new faces. They pushed me to be commissioner and starting from scratch I really wanted to start a brand new Dynasty league, or at the very least, change up things a little, maybe some IDP instead of D/ST, maybe some auction draft/FAAB, something new.

Long story a little less long, everybody hates change and doing new things so now I’m stuck being the commissioner of yet another boring standard format 0.5PPR snake draft redraft league and I have zero excitement for it whatsoever :eng99:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I miss the goon IDP league

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do a dynasty league with an auction start up draft. It’s the best

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

abelwingnut posted:

does it do auction values too?

Yes, but it can't do auction values better than just asking in here. I haven't yet figured out how to algorithm the 30 mocks I've done into a static sheet. Maybe I never will.

Just post your settings itt and I'll give 3 max possible ways the market can move and how to recognize and optimize for each of them

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

poly and open-minded posted:

I want in but dont have PMs

e: what a terrible snipe.

Don't fret: we are days away, maybe one day away, from perfecting it and then sharing it on all social media sites for free.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yes, but it can't do auction values better than just asking in here. I haven't yet figured out how to algorithm the 30 mocks I've done into a static sheet. Maybe I never will.

Just post your settings itt and I'll give 3 max possible ways the market can move and how to recognize and optimize for each of them

cool--thanks.

1qb. 2rb. 3wr, 1te, 3fx, 1superfx, 2def

.25ppr, 4pt passing td, $210 budget.

everything else is pretty standard.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 9, 2023

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

T-Square posted:

The commissioner in our super chill 7ish year long absolutely drama free money league randomly threw a hissy fit this morning out of nowhere and quit without warning lol. So somethings going on with him.

Two friends and I immediately swooped in to pick up the pieces and cherry picked the hardcore football guys that we liked from that one, some guys from our other league, and added a couple of new faces. They pushed me to be commissioner and starting from scratch I really wanted to start a brand new Dynasty league, or at the very least, change up things a little, maybe some IDP instead of D/ST, maybe some auction draft/FAAB, something new.

Long story a little less long, everybody hates change and doing new things so now I’m stuck being the commissioner of yet another boring standard format 0.5PPR snake draft redraft league and I have zero excitement for it whatsoever :eng99:

I’m commissioner of my hometown friends league and I’m glad it’s at least a keeper league with an interesting rule system.

Similar situation as well. Commissioner of the last 10 years got caught on a bad day by a returning owner criticizing the rules and he just said “gently caress this somebody else do it, I’m done herding you idiots”. I stepped in because I was very involved in helping him maintain the keeper records already anyway and so far it’s been fine.

Except for the fact that the year before that I swept the league, and then as soon as he handed over commish responsobilities he won for the first time as well. Hopefully this position isn’t cursed!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

abelwingnut posted:

cool--thanks.

1qb. 2rb. 3wr, 1te, 3fx, 1superfx, 2def

.25ppr, 4pt passing td, $210 budget.

everything else is pretty standard.

How many teams in the league?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Drunk Nerds posted:

How many teams in the league?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Thanks. I've sat in on 2-3 12 team SF auctions this year as an advice giver and my best path has been pretty consistent and basic.
1. Get two top ~8 QBs for up to 50% of your total budget
2. If you have some wrs or rbs you love, feel free to get 2 for up to 25% of your budget. I'll be getting my Ridleys and Najees
3. HOLD HOLD HOLD. The market crash has been happening when even decent RB2s are still around, people who save 25% long enough can fill out a monster team even with needing 10+ spots to fill

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you have a dynasty league with 10 teams or less I really recommend doing a two QB system it changes everything.

We also tried two IDP slots so 2 DL, 2 DB, 2 LB. It was less effective but whatever.

I picked up Kyle Hamilton and I'm kind of excited about it. I know which defensive linemen are good. That's something? It's how I know what a stud Eric Weddle was. Budda Baker too

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Vargo posted:

(one person protested a dues hike by paying entirely in one-cent venmo transactions, last year we moved league chat to Discord and one guy pretended to be the commish for weeks.)

You are mistaking drama for awesome

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Jingleheimer posted:

I just did a dynasty startup draft a couple weeks ago. If I'm not happy with my team and want to tear it down and rebuild, should I trade Bijan? I wouldn't be competing for a couple of years so running backs are less important to me, and we order rookie draft positions by max points. As much as I'd hate to part with Bijan I think that's my best bet if I want to make a move for Caleb Williams. Right now the offer I'm considering making is Bijan and Stafford for Stroud and a 1st round rookie pick in 2024 and 2025.

That's probably the best you'll get for Bijan, but don't be afraid to see how your team looks before making any moves. Tearing down before you get a chance to see how your team looks is a bit hasty. You'll also probably be able to get more once teams are actually competing for a championship.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

I picked up Kyle Hamilton and I'm kind of excited about it. I know which defensive linemen are good. That's something? It's how I know what a stud Eric Weddle was. Budda Baker too

People like to poo poo on fantasy for "ruining football" but until I started playing I only ever followed my local team. I couldn't have even listed all 32 teams without looking it up. Nowadays for every team I can name 1-3 starters at each offensive skill position, important backups and promising rookies, the head coach, some general narratives about the team, etc. I could sit down with a random fan of any team and have a not totally stupid conversation. No chance that would have happened without fantasy.

Defense and OL play are definitely still blind spots since there's only so many hours in the day. But I'm not completely ignorant about them anymore :shobon: Listen to enough fantasy/football podcasts while walking the dog you pick up some poo poo by osmosis

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Docjowles posted:

People like to poo poo on fantasy for "ruining football" but until I started playing I only ever followed my local team.

Football has ruined itself and it's only actually tolerable due to being the absolute best format for fantasy sports

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For sure. When people on here know offensive linemen on other teams, especially when they know which ones are good blow my mind.

I know there's a guy who is good on the Chargers. Trent Williams? The other Kelce brother? That's about it for me.

Oh and I know Orlando Brown sucks.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Docjowles posted:

People like to poo poo on fantasy for "ruining football" but until I started playing I only ever followed my local team. I couldn't have even listed all 32 teams without looking it up. Nowadays for every team I can name 1-3 starters at each offensive skill position, important backups and promising rookies, the head coach, some general narratives about the team, etc. I could sit down with a random fan of any team and have a not totally stupid conversation. No chance that would have happened without fantasy.

Defense and OL play are definitely still blind spots since there's only so many hours in the day. But I'm not completely ignorant about them anymore :shobon: Listen to enough fantasy/football podcasts while walking the dog you pick up some poo poo by osmosis

Same. Fantasy football opened me up to the entire league and made me way less of a homer. I'm still a huge homer, but I know I'm an idiot now.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So is Hyatt going to be this year’s JaMarr Chase? A rookie that can contribute immediately?

Are there any other non-dynasty WR/RB rookies to keep an eye out for at the end of drafts?

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 9, 2023

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Sataere posted:

Same. Fantasy football opened me up to the entire league and made me way less of a homer. I'm still a huge homer, but I know I'm an idiot now.

Fantasy is great at teaching you that loving nobody knows jack about who is going to be good.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

So is Hyatt going to be this year’s JaMarr Chase? A rookie that can contribute immediately?

Are there any other non-dynasty WR/RB rookies to keep an eye out for at the end of drafts?

in before kiimo posts Deneric Prince (RB, Chiefs)

I would say JSN, Johnston, Addison, maybe Mims or Mingo all have a better chance to contribute immediately than Hyatt although they also go much earlier. Hyatt hype has leaked containment and his ADP has gone up by several rounds, but he's still way later than any of the guys I listed and the kind of guy who might not even be selected in home leagues. I'm still interested.

Abanikanda on the Jets could be a last round RB flier in case Hall gets hurt and they don't sign Dalvin Cook

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Fantasy is great at teaching you that loving nobody knows jack about who is going to be good.

this absolutely applies to my post

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Fantasy got me back into football, where I stopped following it from the mid 90's until 2007 when I joined a work league without knowing anything about it. Started 0-5, ended up winning the league :smug:.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

Let’s not compare Hyatt to a guy who stepped into the league and immediately became a top 3 WR. Chase is a generational talent, Hyatt could very well do absolutely nothing. I wouldn’t expect anything from him, if he does make some noise, it’s a bonus.

Also remember Daniel Jones sucks at throwing footballs.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I didn't follow football at all until my goon-derived WoW guild needed one more person to fill out their 20-team league back in... 2006? I starred hanging around the SA sports boards to learn the game and the players and have been a degenerate ever since.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Docjowles posted:

in before kiimo posts Deneric Prince (RB, Chiefs)

Joke's on you, I was gonna say Gibbs!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

RCarr posted:

Let’s not compare Hyatt to a guy who stepped into the league and immediately became a top 3 WR. Chase is a generational talent, Hyatt could very well do absolutely nothing. I wouldn’t expect anything from him, if he does make some noise, it’s a bonus.

Also remember Daniel Jones sucks at throwing footballs.

Daniel Jones sucks at throwing footballs but has he had anyone to throw to since OBJ left??

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Zack posted:

I never left! Are you confusing me with someone else?

yes, lol, the other Z guy, Zauper
temporary senility, my bad

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

Joke's on you, I was gonna say Gibbs!

He said late round! Gibbs goes in like the 3rd (cause he owns)

Bellmaker posted:

Daniel Jones sucks at throwing footballs but has he had anyone to throw to since OBJ left??

He got Golladay looking like a budding young star who immediately crashed in a flaming wreck upon arriving in NY

I do not actually blame Jones for this but it's funny

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 9, 2023

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Bellmaker posted:

I love Hyatt, but I think Zay Flowers is my favorite bet to break out as a rookie wide receiver. But honestly, I don't really like anyone to do it this year.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I miss the goon IDP league

It was awesome, if I wasn't washed and tired I'd try to run it again.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Sataere posted:

You are mistaking drama for awesome

Last night the commissioner announced he was adding a new manager to the league.

This morning he added Meg. Meg is the wife of Kyle, a league founder who has been our commissioner's rival for years.

Kyle was not notified of this and is about to find out when he checks Discord later.

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.
Just doubled his household's chances at taking his friends' money. Not a bad deal for Kyle if he can reverse Commish's power move in the episode of The League you all live in!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Just doubled his household's chances at taking his friends' money. Not a bad deal for Kyle if he can reverse Commish's power move in the episode of The League you all live in!

corndog corndog corndog

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Vargo posted:

Last night the commissioner announced he was adding a new manager to the league.

This morning he added Meg. Meg is the wife of Kyle, a league founder who has been our commissioner's rival for years.

Kyle was not notified of this and is about to find out when he checks Discord later.

Amazing

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

CJ Stroud... is bad!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Quiet Feet posted:

CJ Stroud... is bad!

I refuse to believe this

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Oh gosh, look at this
https://footballabsurdity.com/draft-sheet-form/

I love you.

Also, the preseason is upon us! Go Football!!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh gosh, look at this

I love you.

You guys rule!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh gosh, look at this

I love you.

Praise be. My first draft is Sunday night!