Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That crew had it coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Carpet posted:

The Racka Racka boys put together a video of their press tour which for a video about a press tour manages to include three different stunt sequences. I'm going to have to watch the rest of their YouTube stuff aren't I.

I had that same thought and it turns out a LOT of it is a hypermanic Ronald McDonald screaming in an unintelligible falsetto

Some of the other stuff is fun, though. The Nerf gun fights ones are pretty sick

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

The keep away scene better be in it or no deal.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Don't give me hope, Stephen. Don't invoke Hammer like that.

That's setting a high bar you can't walk back from.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

I want to be excited for Demeter but it just looks a little too Hollywood and a little too polished

Try and be more positive. Don't be a Nosferatu - be a Yesferatu!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Going to be watching Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum tonight.

Soon I'm gonna go pick up some popcorn and something to drink. Any recommendations?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

Soon I'm gonna go pick up some popcorn and something to drink. Any recommendations?

That’s a fun one, if you haven’t seen Deadstream yet then make it a double feature

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

MariusLecter posted:

Boylan real sugar cola

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

This is totally unnecessary, but if it's going to happen I will admit the guy who did Fried Barry may be the ideal choice.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

EL BROMANCE posted:

Good to see the old UK releasing schedule has shifted back to normal. I remember being a kid and getting DVD copies of stuff from the states that hadn’t hit the cinemas yet.

On the subject: Last Voyage of the Demeter has been pulled from UK release indefinitely, since eOne, the distribution company that was putting it out, just got bought out by Lionsgate. Kinda mad because I was gonna see it tomorrow.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

On the subject: Last Voyage of the Demeter has been pulled from UK release indefinitely, since eOne, the distribution company that was putting it out, just got bought out by Lionsgate. Kinda mad because I was gonna see it tomorrow.

The proudest moment of Abraham Van Helsing, corporate raider. Albion is safe from the monster, for now...

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The movie took 20 years to get made, it's only appropriate that it run into some kind of additional last minute delay.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Crescent Wrench posted:

This is totally unnecessary, but if it's going to happen I will admit the guy who did Fried Barry may be the ideal choice.

Yeah basically. Fried Barry is such a goddamn trip. that's the only tone you'd want for a Street Trash remake.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

It’s worth keeping in mind that Stephen King sometimes likes some pretty dumb poo poo.

Yep

This endorsement I actually care about :

https://twitter.com/RealGDT/status/1689670215502581760?s=20

If GDT's saying it, now I'll believe it

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Chris James 2 posted:

Yep

Welp, time to prioritize it

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Oh I'm all about my digital hoarding. I've set up TV networks in my house using a bunch of hard drives and some Raspberry Pis and one of the channels is specifically an art project/background noise channel that plays VHS rips, video game long plays, weird informational tapes, etc underneath a playlist of curated video game music to make for a really fun surreal late night experience. Entire goal with the five channels is to create that sleepover midnight TV feeling and it's been great fun. Because of that I have an absolutely massive Plex library because our second channel changes themes every month to stuff like sci-fi/fantasy, horror in October, musicals, etc.

I have a bunch of tapes from thrift stores I've been very slowly trying to digitize and upload to the Internet Archive. I could probably knock out my collection in a day or two if I tried harder but I'm always looking for new poo poo to do. I'm no Dr. RIP VHS but I have fun.

I did something like this but to a lesser extent, I had a Raspberry pi rigged to an old CRT and had mixtape files of old Beavis and butthead episodes, 90s wrasslin’ and basically anything I could find, I also had a 6 hour long music video selection that had a track list similar to an old music tv channel we had in the UK called P:Rock (it was mostly punk and ska videos with a lot of smaller Uk bands mixed in with big pop punk bands).
I also had a lot of fun putting together double bills of horror movies to stream to my friends with trailers between each and an intro during lock down……..to bring it back on topic

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I guarantee you there is no frontal nudity in this movie.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm guessing that there's no implied lesbianism on that boat.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

King says it reminded him of a Hammer movie and El Gordo said it was gorgeous and savage? This better not suck, my poor heart can't take it. :ohdear:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Chris James 2 posted:

Yep

That is a significantly better recommendation, indeed.

We’re horror fans, we watch a lot of poo poo and love it, but I think we can agree that Billy of the Bull has a significantly more refined pallet than some other people.

Even The Strain, easily GDT’s schlockiest thing, had some standards. (For a bit at least.)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

WeaponX posted:

That’s a fun one, if you haven’t seen Deadstream yet then make it a double feature

Will do this.

shoeberto posted:

Boylan real sugar cola

Got some calypso ocean blue lemonades to mix with tequila and pop weaver extra butter popcorn.
And HEB brand black cherry sodas. Also for mixing.

e;
Does GANTZ: 0 count in this thread? cause me and the bf watched the animated series then the movie and it's pretty intense. Really want to see a GANTZ movie by GDT.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 10, 2023

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

poo poo i didn't realise Demeter was directed by the guy that did Trollhunter and The Autopsy of Jane Doe.

what other movies have released recently that are better than general expectations? Megan and Malignant both felt like they were heaps better than marketing would have led me to think

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Del Toro is friends with the director and produced his last movie which was meeeeeehhhh

Still will see it but I don’t believe these endorsements lol. It’s just buds helping buds

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

alf_pogs posted:

poo poo i didn't realise Demeter was directed by the guy that did Trollhunter and The Autopsy of Jane Doe.

what other movies have released recently that are better than general expectations? Megan and Malignant both felt like they were heaps better than marketing would have led me to think

Talk To Me dropped to very little prior fanfare, just picked up good word of mouth afterwards.

Cocaine Bear was pretty decent despite what the trailers made it look like.

But M3gan is definitely the biggest example of the year, it was basically a punchline till people saw it and realized it's actually great.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Xiahou Dun posted:

That is a significantly better recommendation, indeed.

We’re horror fans, we watch a lot of poo poo and love it, but I think we can agree that Billy of the Bull has a significantly more refined pallet than some other people.

Even The Strain, easily GDT’s schlockiest thing, had some standards. (For a bit at least.)

It never did and no one noticed it because we expected more:

That’s my stance. I watched all their seasons as they aired. I knew what I was getting from the first minute.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm almost 100% positive this same thing with GDT and Stephen King promoted a horror film that was absolute drek. Its even pretty recent.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tickets booked for tomorrow. Triple feature of Talk To Me, Demeter, and Meg 2 :hellyeah:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hollismason posted:

I'm almost 100% positive this same thing with GDT and Stephen King promoted a horror film that was absolute drek. Its even pretty recent.

King promoted the flash which is the most cynical piece of garbage ever made

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

CelticPredator posted:

King promoted the flash which is the most cynical piece of garbage ever made

whoa whoa whoa, cynical is far too praise worthy. i wont even give it the praise of having the temerity of being cynical. it isnt even anything. its the absence of being. its devoid of self. it's truly the most nothing to have come from the 22nd century so far. I wont call it all time because chances are ill be dead before the android bodies, but if this site persists long enough to be saved by the library of congress or the library of something it should be known The Flash and its aggressors known as supporters were hypnotized by a voided presence of being that inhabited the digital footage of that movie and created a vacuum that blended human and ai into a the pasty mush it was always meant to be. The Flash was the first salvo of the machines vs the humans.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What did it for me was the really lame references and the ending garbage lol

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

They both share an incredible agent.

Seriously, it's Twisted Metal: Black with a better texture pack.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

The only DC movie I’ve ever seen was the James Wan Aquaman and I continue to feel I made the optimal choice here.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s one of the best

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I backed The Show. Now to wait.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Finally saw Mad God last night! More than anything, it reminded me of Dorohedoro.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Man this matte painting surrounding the platform in Pit and the Pendulum looks rad as heck

I wish i could find a high res version :S

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Halloween Jack posted:

Finally saw Mad God last night! More than anything, it reminded me of Dorohedoro.

That never even occurred to me and wow, you're exactly right.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Anyone want to read the new alienated feature script so I can get some feedback before I start trying to get this made?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

CelticPredator posted:

Anyone want to read the new alienated feature script so I can get some feedback before I start trying to get this made?

I'll take a look at it for you.

I'm no script expert but can't hurt to get more eyes on it

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 11, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

House of 1000 Corpses is getting a limited theatre run in October!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

House of 1000 Corpses is getting a limited theatre run in October!

Hard to believe our boy Rob has been doing it for 20 years now. Hopefully he's got a few more in him before it's all said and done.