Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, groping and lude remarks are sadly very common. Women should absolutely not be on their own at Oktoberfest. It is sad, but it is what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Is it worse or better than Freibad?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

niethan posted:

Imagine Freibad, but being hackedicht is explicitly encouraged/socially required instead of stillschweigend geduldet.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

niethan posted:

:can:

Grendels Dad posted:

Imagine Freibad, but being hackedicht is explicitly encouraged/socially required instead of stillschweigend geduldet.

Yeah, apt description.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
https://twitter.com/drguidoknapp/status/1687902830370107392?s=46

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

German police in the '60s employing gay men? How progressive!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

sounds like the plot of a horror movie

you fully expect some kind of greebly monster to suddenly look out of that hole

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

that tweet posted:

hinter denen Polizisten die Besucher ausspionieren können

Libluini posted:

you fully expect some kind of greebly monster to suddenly look out of that hole

hmm

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/tagesschau/status/1689154550811267072?s=46

Unironically love this ritual and yikes, 2012

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Yolo? In 2023??

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

At this rate by 2030 we'll be back to knorke.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Tarquinn posted:

Yolo? In 2023??

she does greif that up! :eng101:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Knorke is a dufte evergreen. :colbert:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I like Kerl/in but it's insanely ich iel

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I think the Mittwochsfrosch is hardly ich_iel specific.

Unrelatedly, I somehow have the urge to cook Schmorgurken.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Apropos, found in the wild by my wife.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Winter kann kommen.

:getin:

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I like Kerl/in

Back in my old company in my role as scrum master I opened some dailies with "Hallo meine Kerl:innen", but no one ever reacted. Even though we had like 3 Gen-Z computer- toucher types, plus some older nerds. SAD!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Spin And Speed posted:

Back in my old company in my role as scrum master I opened some dailies with "Hallo meine Kerl:innen", but no one ever reacted. Even though we had like 3 Gen-Z computer- toucher types, plus some older nerds. SAD!

is a scrum master someone who is good at programming adventure games?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Libluini posted:

is a scrum master someone who is good at programming adventure games?

That's a scumm master, a scrum master is good at rugby

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Maybe they were all blind women and their Screenreader couldn’t parse the : as a glottal gap or whatever :eng101:

Use * or _ for accessibility

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Spin And Speed posted:

Klar reagiert keiner, war ja auch cringe, brudi.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Haben Sie Treppen in Ihrem Haus?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Healbot posted:

Klar reagiert keiner, war ja auch cringe, brudi.

I'd say they misheard him as saying "Hallo, meine Carlinen!" and thought he called them iCarly-fans, which confused them into silence

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019
Healbot, we sent cringe memes all ihe time, so this is not the criterium.

Libluini posted:

is a scrum master someone who is good at programming

No, it's someone who used to be good at coding but with age fell behind the curve and such gets the role of "pushing the kids around so they will code good" :)

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Spin And Speed posted:

No, it's someone who used to be good at coding but with age fell behind the curve and such gets the role of "pushing the kids around so they will code good" :)

Hallo?? Doxxen ist verboten, Anzeige ist raus :argh:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/nantanreikan/status/1689998361758507008?s=46

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Sereri posted:

That's a scumm master, a scrum master is good at rugby

That's a scrum half. A scrum master is the mayor of a Tyrolean municipality

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Calling 110 at 10.01 pm for a Ruhestörung is the proper German way.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

coke zero mit mayo
Nov 5, 2008

Did a cop write this?

Anytime I had to interact with the Bullen they were assholes and I am white as all hell.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Lol i asked cop once if it was okay to park here since I didn't know the area and he asked me if I was looking for trouble because if so he could give it.

Also nice the guy from my school who became a cop and spent his nights being parked outside of his ex's home in uniform

Just normal people all around

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012

Lord Stimperor posted:

Also nice the guy from my school who became a cop and spent his nights being parked outside of his ex's home in uniform

That sucks, normally cops have to beat their wife to get by, this must have been hard on the guy.

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!
It's a bit of a mixed bag for me. The rural cops who stopped me when I was driving my mofa without helmet when I was 15 and let me off with a warning were quite nice.
The ones who stopped me about 10 years later walking home in Darmstadt in the middle of the night were not quite as nice. Cut off my "escape route" by parking quer on the Bürgersteig, jumped out of the car, one checking my perso and backpack while the other one was sichering from 5 meters away with his hand on the gun holster.
Granted, I was pretty drunk and high and may have provoked them with a non-offensive gesture when they were driving by.
Made me feel like a criminal. :cop:
Unbeknownst to them I was, had 20 g of hash hidden in my underpants, coming from a Äbbelwoi party at my dealers on the other side of town, which is also why I missed the last bus and had to walk. :cheeky:

And then there was the recently retired Kriminaloberkommisar and class-mate of my father, who visited him last week and completely unbidden started spouting the vilest racist poo poo.

So yes, ACAB.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Putting "goethe42 | hardened criminal" into my gergoons.odt file.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

RIP to a real one

https://twitter.com/cschwietering/status/1691088575771680769?s=46

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
My favourite Robben & Wientjes story is when I rented a big rear end transporter for a move from the Netherlands to berlin for like 22 euros for the weekend, returned it with a huge dent all along the side and they were like "joah sind auch kleene straßen da in amsterdam wa, haste gekifft?" and then I never heard anything about it anymore lol

but yeah they already died when they were bought by europcar or whatever. it's sad for sure

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

https://www.msn.com/de-de/nachrichten/politik/bei-magdeburg-beginnt-asien-schon-adenauer-war-der-osten-nicht-geheuer/ar-AA1fgL6Y

quote:

„Nichts war mir im Leben so unsympathisch wie ein preußischer General“, hat Adenauer gesagt. Er hielt den Osten für militaristisch, bolschewistisch, heidnisch und zurückgeblieben. „Hinter Kassel“, behauptete er, „beginnt die Walachei“, und „wenn ich bei Magdeburg in die norddeutsche Tiefebene komme, beginnt für mich Asien“.

Nothing is ever new :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nawilo_420 posted:

My favourite Robben & Wientjes story is when I rented a big rear end transporter for a move from the Netherlands to berlin for like 22 euros for the weekend, returned it with a huge dent all along the side and they were like "joah sind auch kleene straßen da in amsterdam wa, haste gekifft?" and then I never heard anything about it anymore lol

but yeah they already died when they were bought by europcar or whatever. it's sad for sure

while it's always sad to see a Tante-Emma-Laden equivalent like this disappearing, I hear stories like this and my mind goes "Jepp, kein Wunder das die gestorben sind" :lol: