Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS
https://twitter.com/GumbyScreens/status/1689748599079333888?t=JEg0bAgg06O7KPOecz75Kw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:hmmyes:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/GineokwKoenig/status/1690075606636199936

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

that's what I say to everyone what's the big deal?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/graceyldn/status/1690337830977814529?s=20

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
gotta get some sleep somehow

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

tbh that pk shootout was loving bonkers

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:smith: i feel like he never got over losing his son. not that you really do, but it hit him super hard. glad he's still getting out even if he wasn't in the recent b5 movie.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's super dumb that a significant number of soccer games end with neither team having accomplished anything and the match being decided by a separate kickball minigame.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nice hustle everyone, good effort. Now we're gonna play the real game, where you all stick your thumb up your rear end and Salah gets 5 kicks to see who won

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
heres how to fix soccer:

for every 5 minutes of scoreless play, another ball is rolled onto the field. When a goal is scored, the ball is removed from play unless it is the last ball.

fifa, you're welcome.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i was taken by that suggestion but then realized it just devalues the single ball. more balls will paradoxically make it more boring because any single ball is meaningless

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

rotor posted:

heres how to fix soccer:

for every 5 minutes of scoreless play, another ball is rolled onto the field. When a goal is scored, the ball is removed from play unless it is the last ball.

fifa, you're welcome.
This, but for hockey

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

bssoil posted:

This, but for hockey

multiball fixes a lot of sports

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

bssoil posted:

This, but for hockey

yeah i’ve always thought hockey could use more soccer balls :hmmyes:

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

KoRMaK posted:

i was taken by that suggestion but then realized it just devalues the single ball. more balls will paradoxically make it more boring because any single ball is meaningless

what if the additional balls only count for half a point

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

KoRMaK posted:

this is just word salad, get a grip on yourself

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

well-read undead posted:

what if the additional balls only count for half a point
1/#balls
Make the scores exceedingly complicated

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

rotor posted:

this is just word salad, get a grip on yourself
i got a salad you might like lmao

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

after every goal the losing team puts three more players on the field

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

my solution for golf is that as it stands, its all offense and no defense. I propose that when you're first teeing off or whatever for those long shots, the other dudes are along the green with shotguns and can shoot at your ball like it was a clay bird.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

when a player scores, remove them from the game and draw two players from your bench. sacrifice both players

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

rotor posted:

my solution for golf is that as it stands, its all offense and no defense. I propose that when you're first teeing off or whatever for those long shots, the other dudes are along the green with shotguns and can shoot at your ball like it was a clay bird.

croquet rules on the green

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

well-read undead posted:

croquet rules on the green

also theres a shot clock and when it runs out the other dudes can tackle you

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

8th hole, 25 yards to go, 3rd down, no time outs

thats some fuckin golf for your rear end

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
everyone tees off at the same time. first to get it in wins. no other rules

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

golf imo should have two teams start at each end of the hole, and then they hit balls at each other while trying to get to the other team's side to sink a putt before they get knocked out

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
soccer should have the same zone rules as hockey to fix their dumb offsides. also it should have all the other rules from hockey.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

haveblue posted:

this is close to how a scramble is played and its for sure an improvement

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

instead of playing through the course linearly, each hole our unlocks two other random holes, first to hole out each captures it and the winner is whoever captures the most holes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

rotor posted:

No more landscaping allowed except for a 30 foot radius green around the hole. Natural terrain only. If you wanna play golf in Las Vegas you gotta deal with hard dirt and rocks and shoot around cactus.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

soccer should have the same zone rules as hockey to fix their dumb offsides. also it should have all the other rules from hockey.

Especially the fights

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

No more landscaping allowed except for a 30 foot radius green around the hole. Natural terrain only. If you wanna play golf in Las Vegas you gotta deal with hard dirt and rocks and shoot around cactus.

Jon Rahm stung by a nest of scorpions whist putting, dies at the age of 45

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
For every 5 minutes of scoreless play, an additional wolf is released onto the field.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Sagebrush posted:

this is basically just disc golf

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

haveblue posted:

no carts, make that hustle count

Sagebrush posted:

also supporting this. existing courses lose their sprinklers, let nature decide the hazards

any seedlings that drift in become fair play hazards and must be cultivated

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

what all of you are describing is just calvinball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i wish mastodon was a bit better but the shitposts on there are absolutely terrible. nothing but dad joke-tier shitposts to the extent that anybody even does it in the first place. who was it that said that mastodon was full of the most 38 year old people you have ever met in your life, because it's true

i can deal with all the defederation beefing because that's just a natural consequence of how the whole setup works and i have moderate confidence that the wider community will figure out a set of norms and etiquette for this sort of thing and just not register on instances that defed at the drop of a hat, it already kind of seems to be moving in that direction, but they really need to step up their shitpost game.