Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Tae posted:

His power is extremely not good for most situations. He creates black holes, which is fine as a last resort but anything before that is basically useless if you want to keep your allies alive.

His first major fight in his life was creating a massive army of....army. Just a ton of giant robots and missiles and warships. The black hole thing is a trump card, he nearly dropped Sirin with a few dozen of what we get to use to fight at the end of Belobog. It's part of the joke about him going into animation. He's some giant nerd that got together with another giant nerd and they made a giant robot anime, when the dude regularly fights with giant robots. Why did you invent Gundam, you already have all the giant robots you need?

His power is he can create literally anything he understands, and due to the whole "century of life with 300,000 people inside him" thing he understands basically everything. It's how he came back from death. He just....made himself a new body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Even with Kafka, I still can't consistently beat Phantylia without borrowing someone else's Luocha. Sad. Makes me feel like a sucker for saving for characters I actually like instead of rolling for power level.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, discussing things related to Welt's past is directly relevant to this game, though I agree that tangents about unrelated parts of HI3 shouldn't be here

Honestly, I'm not sure it is directly relevant. They may have some Easter eggs for HI3 fans, but I highly doubt they're going to expect most players to be familiar with his past or require it to understand his role in this game.

I mean I get being a lore nerd for stuff but some of these details are just not going to make sense without the context of actually playing the other game. I don't mind if people want to discuss it anyway but for me it's a lot of nonsense to skim through to get to the actual star rail posts.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

Even with Kafka, I still can't consistently beat Phantylia without borrowing someone else's Luocha. Sad. Makes me feel like a sucker for saving for characters I actually like instead of rolling for power level.

The final phase of Phantylia is rough as poo poo. I have to roll with both Gepard and Luocha to do it consistently, otherwise she can just decide to nuke a character down.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

I don't know poo poo about poo poo when it comes to lore (or anything else tbh) but when I heard the broadcast about the Stellaron hunters having "world destroying powers" I just immediately assumed it was propaganda scare tactics to make them seem more dangerous than they really are. It seems like the sort of thing a sleazy space-corp like the IPC would do to make themselves look more brave and heroic. Like I'm sure they really are drat powerful, but I feel like it's intentionally being exaggerated there.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Man, the IPC owns. I love how blatant of a critique of the US it is. I love that it's literally written into the lore that they cripple developing nations planets with structural adjustment programs. It's great.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I also think the Honkai Impact loredump posts are kind of Too Much to sift through

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Symphoric posted:

I don't know poo poo about poo poo when it comes to lore (or anything else tbh) but when I heard the broadcast about the Stellaron hunters having "world destroying powers" I just immediately assumed it was propaganda scare tactics to make them seem more dangerous than they really are. It seems like the sort of thing a sleazy space-corp like the IPC would do to make themselves look more brave and heroic. Like I'm sure they really are drat powerful, but I feel like it's intentionally being exaggerated there.

Each of the Trailblazers are a planetary threat as well. Except maybe March, until she awakens as an Emanator of Remembrance.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

FractalSandwich posted:

...who are you trying to do it with? Even on the maximum difficulty, TB/Nat/Sampo/SW (and now Nat/SW/Kafka/Sampo) gets there without issues.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Bussamove posted:

The final phase of Phantylia is rough as poo poo. I have to roll with both Gepard and Luocha to do it consistently, otherwise she can just decide to nuke a character down.

three actions and four adds is hosed and it's only going to get worse from here on

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

...who are you trying to do it with? Even on the maximum difficulty, TB/Nat/Sampo/SW (and now Nat/SW/Kafka/Sampo) gets there without issues.
It was Fire MC, Natasha, Sampo, Kafka. How do you stop the boss from randomly two-shotting someone between Natasha's turns? You can't just hold Natasha's ult up the whole time, because you need it to deal with the group damage.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
'Welt is a very good grandpa and I would love if he came home.

Also arguing about power levels in a gacha game is always fool's play

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

FractalSandwich posted:

It was Fire MC, Natasha, Sampo, Kafka. How do you stop the boss from randomly two-shotting someone between Natasha's turns? You can't just hold Natasha's ult up the whole time, because you need it to deal with the group damage.

Are you running Nat on an energy regen rope? If not you really should be. I basically ult at the first sign of threat because she gets it back so loving quickly.

I'll record a run for you today and show you with Nat/Kafka/SW/Sampo.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Just did the final equilibrium. With my 4 tickets I pulled A Secret Vow and Himeko's light cone. :negative:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Welcome to HSR, I guess, but wow leveling people past 70 is kinda daunting. And getting them to 70 wasn't especially easy.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

blizzardvizard posted:

I also think the Honkai Impact loredump posts are kind of Too Much to sift through

It's gotten so bad that I just put the hi3 lore dumpers on ignore.

They really need to make their own drat thread.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Double post, lmao

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Maybe in the HI3 thread, they can talk about all the cool things Welt does in this game that reflect on his history in HI3. Oh wait, none of that ever happens.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

^ The horrid lore dumps that go on for pages every day. Ugh.

I think it takes as many mats to go from 70 to 80 as it does to go from 1 to 60. Maybe more.

Next I have to ascend and level Pela to 70. And then Kafka and Luka. Then traces for all 3 of those and 2 others.

By October I should be ready to grind artifacts. :D

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

FractalSandwich posted:

Have you tried consumables? EoW is basically the only use for them, so might as well put them to use.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Are you running Nat on an energy regen rope? If not you really should be. I basically ult at the first sign of threat because she gets it back so loving quickly.

I'll record a run for you today and show you with Nat/Kafka/SW/Sampo.
I am, yeah. It's Fleet of the Ageless rather than Vonwacq, though. And Time Waits for No One rather than Post-Op Conversation, which is generally better, but doesn't give ER.

Tangents posted:

Have you tried consumables? EoW is basically the only use for them, so might as well put them to use.
I forgot those exist.

I can also just keep renting Luochas, though. He makes it relatively easy.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Pretty sure the people bitching and moaning about lore posts have actually generated more noise than the lore posts themselves at this point.
I don't care either way (just like leakposting) as long as it's somewhat related to something in Honkai Star Rail.

FractalSandwich posted:

Being a reactive teamwide healer is absurdly strong, especially in fights like this with a bullshit number of enemy turns+adds. I could see pulling it off with a very well invested nat or bailu, but I don't have bailu and as a healer nat has lagged behind other supports/dps in the "characters I need to throw energy at" department. Maybe stacking the team with lots of AOE damage would also work.

I have been using Fireblazer/Luocha/Silverwolf/Sushang (as my most invested dps unit).

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Count me in for another vote for a separate HI3 thread. I'm sure both us Star Rail normies and the Honkai lore nerds will be happier with it. Heck, you might actually be able to sell your game better with a nice thread telling people about all the cool things that game has to offer.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

There really aren't that many HI3 posts, and definitely not enough for a thread, people are making it out to be a bigger deal than it is. The Genshin thread was able to live with it for years, and there actually is some (admittedly minor) overlap here that didn't exist there, so purging it from this thread seems ridiculous. I don't find it especially interesting for the most part, but just deal with it instead of whining. The lore posts are better than the horny posts about cartoon characters at least.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 11, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

The people complaining about the people complaining about HI3 lore dumps have made more posts than the actual complaints at this point

and I've just added another layer to the cake

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Honkai conspiracy connections were so bad in the early genshin thread I don't blame people for not wanting it here

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Excelzior posted:

The people complaining about the people complaining about HI3 lore dumps have made more posts than the actual complaints at this point

and I've just added another layer to the cake
I'd like to officially complain about your posting about complaining about posting complaining about posting complaining about posting.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tangents posted:

Yeah, there's a consumable I got from a recipe in... I think Boulder Town for Shields that gives a nice ATK and CRIT buff I use now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Seele lives in a tent in a mine while Bronya lives in a palace. They only time they hang out is when the Trailblazer shows up for shenanigans.

You HI3 lore people gave me a very misleading idea of what their relationship was going to be like and I do not forgive you.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Everyone including me shut the gently caress up they had some Dev talk thing for 1.3

https://www.hoyolab.com/article/20790305

Long story short: 240 tb power cap coming with some reserve if you overcap, Nihility LC in the Herta shop, Auto-Battle ai being worked on sometime after 1.3 and some minor stuff

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

There really aren't that many HI3 posts, and definitely not enough for a thread, people are making it out to be a bigger deal than it is. The Genshin thread was able to live with it for years, and there actually is some (admittedly minor) overlap here that didn't exist there, so purging it from this thread seems ridiculous. I don't find it especially interesting for the most part, but just deal with it instead of whining. The lore posts are better than the horny posts about cartoon characters at least.

I feel like the only ridiculous thing at this point is the resistance to just making a loving thread lol. There's obviously interest so even ignoring the annoyance of lore derails, it makes enough sense to have a place where resources and discussion can be easily found. Instead of random posts scattered across two other threads at this point.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

I am, yeah. It's Fleet of the Ageless rather than Vonwacq, though. And Time Waits for No One rather than Post-Op Conversation, which is generally better, but doesn't give ER.

Lol, I don't have either of those, mine's on Quid Pro Quo :v:

But yeah, here's the recording; I hosed up and lost Silver Wolf mostly due to greed (I shouldn't have used Dragon Dan in phase 2), but it was already pretty much in the bag at that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YSQVE-mPpY

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The Honkai conspiracy connections were so bad in the early genshin thread I don't blame people for not wanting it here

those conspiracies died down pretty quickly though because that's all they were. the connections were weak at best and almost entirely unsupported by the game itself.

if HSR didn't have welt or bronya or seele, whether they're Literally From HI3 or just similar people, it'd likely be much the same here.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Detheros posted:

Everyone including me shut the gently caress up they had some Dev talk thing for 1.3

https://www.hoyolab.com/article/20790305

Long story short: 240 tb power cap coming with some reserve if you overcap, Nihility LC in the Herta shop, Auto-Battle ai being worked on sometime after 1.3 and some minor stuff

Also Prime Bundle 5 is up

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Kekfa Companion Quest done

lol
get rocked again Yanqing

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Lol, I don't have either of those, mine's on Quid Pro Quo :v:

But yeah, here's the recording; I hosed up and lost Silver Wolf mostly due to greed (I shouldn't have used Dragon Dan in phase 2), but it was already pretty much in the bag at that point.
Maybe using Fire MC is my mistake. She doesn't actually provide enough protection to reliably keep everyone alive, and nothing in that fight is weak to fire, so the damage loss just makes it drag on longer, which makes it more likely that I'll get unlucky and lose one of the DPS, and then be left without enough juice to finish it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hypocrisy posted:

Seele lives in a tent in a mine while Bronya lives in a palace. They only time they hang out is when the Trailblazer shows up for shenanigans.

You HI3 lore people gave me a very misleading idea of what their relationship was going to be like and I do not forgive you.

Idk man they're still pretty gay?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
my issue with the phantylia fight is her skill steal adds don't count as attacks for triggering followups, so gently caress you if Clara is your only dps!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

Maybe using Fire MC is my mistake. She doesn't actually provide enough protection to reliably keep everyone alive, and nothing in that fight is weak to fire, so the damage loss just makes it drag on longer, which makes it more likely that I'll get unlucky and lose one of the DPS, and then be left without enough juice to finish it.

Eh, I was using Fireblazer before Kafka came out with similar results. Hell, Fireblazer was less spooky because I could just taunt everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Throw more mahjong celestial jade tiles at the problem