Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Julio Cruz posted:

I hear their Pizza Express is a great place to go for a birthday meal
Maybe not if the birthday is less than 19.

e: 216 is Plato's number
16 is Paedo's number

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/lbc/status/1689968622469259264?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Seems like even the tuberculosis was a little too slow off the mark.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
So like, OT and not UK, but after 20 years, I finally arranged for an appointment at a shrink (or a nurse first). Not sure if I should've gone there or to a regular doctor. I had to go somewhere and I'm honestly not sure where to turn. Pretty sure I got ADHD and it's making my life bothersome. Would be nice to be able to maintain focus on something (by choice, sometimes I get hyper focused on stuff), also think I got some bipolar stuff going on. Highs and lows you know. Hoping to get some ADHD meds at least. The finnish health care system is being run down as well so who knows, but feels good to have finally stopped procrastinating. Having kids myself and seeing them getting adhd diagnoses helped.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Thankfully I don't have to deal with any disability stuff, but the system as people describe it here sounds almost comically cruel and hellish.

There's also kind of particularly british nastiness to all the descriptions I've read on here (which is not to say that other countries don't have their own flavours of nasty behaviour, just different).

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Aug 11, 2023

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

josh04 posted:

Sherlock Holmes is all about dark secrets from the colonies, a subject that comes up in near every story.

I don't know about 'near every' but a few especially if you're including America.

Mind you one surprisingly progressive one for the time has a mother keeping her interracial kid secret from her new husband because she's sure he won't accept them, but turns out actually he's cool with it and raises them as his own.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Private Speech posted:

Thankfully I don't have to deal with any disability stuff, but the system as people describe it here sounds almost comically cruel and hellish.

There's also kind of particularly british nastiness to all the descriptions I've read on here (which is not to say that other countries don't have their own flavours of nasty behaviour, just different).

It definitely has that distinct mean spirited, petty, spiteful, jobsworth whiff of Britain to it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

It definitely has that distinct mean spirited, petty, spiteful, jobsworth whiff of Britain to it

When people tell these horrifying assessment stories I tend to imagine them happening in some kind of Terry Gilliam Brazil dystopia of evil banal Britishness

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This clown show is going well

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1689969250805391361?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Curses! Foiled again! :govt shakes fist impotently:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
There was talk a couple of years ago about refurbishment/repair that the houses of parliament needed and how it would be best if the mps moved out temporarily during it.

Perhaps they should move onto the Bibby Stockholm to demonstrate how great a place it is after all this bad publicity.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Private Speech posted:

It's profoundly weird to read about these ATOS assholes, I can only suppose they're being incentivised to deny applications by financial means and/or through managerial bullying

I haven't experienced that particular strain of evil bureaucrat but then we don't contract out decision making to private businesses. It's not a good idea

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I remember reading they have targets on how many to approve and stuff, it's bleakly funny.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

There was talk a couple of years ago about refurbishment/repair that the houses of parliament needed and how it would be best if the mps moved out temporarily during it.

Perhaps they should move onto the Bibby Stockholm to demonstrate how great a place it is after all this bad publicity.

They don't even want to take the minute walk to the Elizabeth Conference Centre. Many MPs seem content to stay even as the water gets to their ankles and the rats are eating though the walls.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

There was a good while where we were getting articles about how particular Lords didn't want to move because they thought that once the tradition of hanging your sword in the de-robing room each morning was interrupted, no-one would want to restart it when they came back.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Let it fall to bits like everything else then I guess. A lot of city councils are getting newer buildings so maybe we'll get the Phoenician style loose alliance of city-states.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

fuctifino posted:

I checked Companies House, and the owner is Turkish and has around 10 similarly named barbers listed. And fair play to him.

Yet no one battens an eyelid at the fact that we have around 9 betting shops per 100m of high street in this country.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Nobody has managed to attach an ethnic panic to them.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'm OK with ignoring the plight of the white briton.

I doubt they'll ever get the candy store treatment. (Oxford Street still sucks)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
MPs don't have big dinners with the candy store lobby.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
TW: Terf / miscarriage poo poo

What the actual fk? I don't know what bathrooms these GC/Terfy types hang around in, but in over 60 years of using public toilets I have never seen a single instance of the crap they talk. (And yeah, agree with a number of the comments - 99% of all known people regardless of gender would call an ambulance or at least the work first aider if at work).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There is a big streak in terfdom that's basically I HAD TO WOMAN UPHILL BOTH WAYS IN THE RAIN AND THERE WAS BLOOD EVERYWHERE AND YOU SHOULD LOVE DOING THAT AND IF YOU DON@T YOUR NOT A REAL WOMAN

To which normal people might reasonably say "it is normal to not like the bad parts of things" but apparently that's casual and you need to git gud at gender.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/hughrbrechin/status/1689973907753713664?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Seems legit.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
If you shove the foetus back in quickly enough it's fine. It's the OBGYN version of the 5second rule

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The people have spoken…

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I still think they should just shoot the deer and give out the meat for free. Seems more humane for the deer and also the childer can eat venison and grow up to become burly.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised, but still

https://twitter.com/josiahmortimer/status/1689998556160024576?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

that the one boris didn't manage to level up (to lords)?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Sounds like every time you go into a women's bathroom there is a chance of a fun Hellraiser style treasure hunt.
Whereas the most fun you will get in a men's is moving the urinal puck a bit with your stream of piss.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

There is a big streak in terfdom that's basically I HAD TO WOMAN UPHILL BOTH WAYS IN THE RAIN AND THERE WAS BLOOD EVERYWHERE AND YOU SHOULD LOVE DOING THAT AND IF YOU DON@T YOUR NOT A REAL WOMAN

To which normal people might reasonably say "it is normal to not like the bad parts of things" but apparently that's casual and you need to git gud at gender.
Yeah, it's a big reminder that a huge part of modern terfism (as opposed to the older macho "trans is when you're so gay your dick falls off, and being near trans women makes you gay, and being gay is bad" transphobic idiocy) came specifically out of opposition to puberty blockers (then called menstrual suppression) in the 90s with rhetoric about "it's unnatural" and "they're sterilizing our young girls" and "having a period is an important part of becoming a woman" and "how can a man know anything about a woman's experience" which all sounds very familiar.

That last one at the time being mostly about the inventor being a man. And also a famous gynecologist who spoke to thousands of women about their experiences, invented the contraceptive injection, and developed treatments for endometriosis back when Britain was still calling it "women's trouble."

Combine that with healthcare being shamefully bad for cis women and the "it's poo poo and it's supposed to be poo poo" British attitude and you can get some seriously stupid ideas like

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What the actual fk? I don't know what bathrooms these GC/Terfy types hang around in, but in over 60 years of using public toilets I have never seen a single instance of the crap they talk. (And yeah, agree with a number of the comments - 99% of all known people regardless of gender would call an ambulance or at least the work first aider if at work).

Where like, the actual solution is for all genders to know how a pregnancy test works, symptoms of early and late miscarriage, who to contact for sexual and pregnancy advice, how terminating a pregnancy works, etc. from school and educational media, because even if you aren't capable of getting pregnant then it's still better learning that stuff early before Alex Jones tells you that the birth control pill is made by shovelling babies into a giant metal cow or TERFs tell you stupid poo poo like that.

The Standards Commissioner for Parliament

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

“Woke Sabotage”

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Get Gibbo, Ricey, Burnsy, Cheeks, Josh and Morty on the blower, NOW! They'll have the inside track on this sabotage story.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Oh my first UKMT thread title. Delightful

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Question IRL posted:

Get Gibbo, Ricey, Burnsy, Cheeks, Josh and Morty on the blower, NOW! They'll have the inside track on this sabotage story.

Conclusion: "yer balls, has to be a wind-up"

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Conclusion: "yer balls, has to be a wind-up"

I trust Gibbo on this.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Skull Servant posted:

I trust Gibbo on this.

The Queen is dead, so who's to say he was ever wrong?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Bring back wolves, bears, lynx, buffalo, gently caress it fill the Highlands up with panthers.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 11, 2023

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Mods please rename me WOKE SABOTEUR

Tia

E: or thread title works too.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Between woke saboteurs and that lovely poem it's got to be about ready to head the way of 'right on' and 'PC' and 'SJW' pretty soon right?

Probably after the next general and US election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

that the one boris didn't manage to level up (to lords)?

And she's been throwing a snit about it ever since yes, like, she thinks she is owed a lordship, like she has a right to it.

God knows what she did to be promised one by Bozza. Must have been grueling the way she's carrying on.