Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Did they remove the boost for when you get to the next rank in sets of 10? I hit 80 but just stayed there. Just in case if I forgot or something I looked at the main screen and it unlocked the season rank award for 80.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

I feel like getting past a rank gate (60/70/etc) used to be a brick wall but lately it's been a bot happy to snap on T5 with a 1-2 pt lead.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

The Sean posted:

Did they remove the boost for when you get to the next rank in sets of 10? I hit 80 but just stayed there. Just in case if I forgot or something I looked at the main screen and it unlocked the season rank award for 80.

Unless they just changed it today no, I went to 83 from 79 yesterday

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

cinnamon rollout posted:

Unless they just changed it today no, I went to 83 from 79 yesterday

I guess I just didn't notice it. As I was playing on binge. Thanks.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 10, 2023

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Too delicious

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

cirus posted:

Too delicious

Legion fuckery is almost always hilarious.

Once had an opponent play a T5 Legion on Luke's Bar while I was playing Destroy. Carnage & Venom wiped out all my cards and promptly yeeted themselves back into my hand.

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

Hobo Clown posted:

Legion fuckery is almost always hilarious.

Absolutely!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

cirus posted:

Too delicious

I had this happen to me in Conquest, then a couple games later in the same match I randomly generated a Legion and turned every location into Luke's Bar on the last turn to mess them up. Sweet revenge.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ugh all my free cards they've shown me have been really good, gambit and death were thr last 2, but I reaaaally need electro and a few others.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Death is pretty super duper right now if you're a season pass buyer

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Opponent just played Hobgoblin onto a lane I had Wong in, and it just stayed there. Shouldn't Wong have sent it back? They :Ms Marveled: as they did it, and I ended up losing the match.

Edit: vv ahh yep that makes sense, thank you

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 10, 2023

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Nah it only works that way when you’re the one dropping Hobgoblin on Wong.

I’ve gotten rare use out of that when peak shows up and I had a goblin in hand.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Devo posted:

Death is pretty super duper right now if you're a season pass buyer

Should I grab her? The ults in my sacrifice deck are held and/or knull.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Hobo Clown posted:

Opponent just played Hobgoblin onto a lane I had Wong in, and it just stayed there. Shouldn't Wong have sent it back? They :Ms Marveled: as they did it, and I ended up losing the match.

Edit: vv ahh yep that makes sense, thank you

Further, it says "your On Reveal cards" and the Hobgoblin wasn't yours. Imo "cards you play here" would clear that up better.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Should I grab her? The ults in my sacrifice deck are held and/or knull.

She's a good pickup at any time, but if you're playing destroy right now, and everyone else is playing destroy right now, she's gonna be pretty dang good to have. She was one of the very last pool 3 cards I got and it was very annoying.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I was pretty happy to get her and Venom in subsequent caches relatively early in the Season 3 unlock process. You guys weren't kidding about it slowing down pretty hard btw, I'm still getting new cards but it is few and far between.

I opened one spotlight cache this week so far cause I just got to the third one stockpiled and figured I'll probably be most of the way toward earning another before the week is out. If I hadn't done that I think I'd have gotten one new card in the last 7 days.

I'll probably skip next week and earn another then have 4 for X-23/Nebula and Silk week. If I open up those first two first then I won't use anymore and be happy with that.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Man, nothing but destroy & discard decks all day long. Gets old.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

thebardyspoon posted:

I was pretty happy to get her and Venom in subsequent caches relatively early in the Season 3 unlock process. You guys weren't kidding about it slowing down pretty hard btw, I'm still getting new cards but it is few and far between.

I opened one spotlight cache this week so far cause I just got to the third one stockpiled and figured I'll probably be most of the way toward earning another before the week is out. If I hadn't done that I think I'd have gotten one new card in the last 7 days.

I'll probably skip next week and earn another then have 4 for X-23/Nebula and Silk week. If I open up those first two first then I won't use anymore and be happy with that.

I posted this picture back when DeathWave with Aero and Leader was THE meta deck. I had also randomly pulled a Sauron when he was a pool 5 but didn't have any of the pieces to make the deck work. Sometimes pool 3 screws you hard.

Time heals all wounds though and now I have most of the cards.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
I can't win with anything but Thanos destroy right now but when I win I win big. They somehow never see the Knull into Arnim Zola line coming.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
My Dracula picks Infinaut every time. This game rules. Lol

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

AcidCat posted:

Man, nothing but destroy & discard decks all day long. Gets old.

we reap what we sow. people screamed for nerfs, card changes, etc. and this is what we got.

as someone who is missing most of the bigger power destroy / discard cards, it def. feels real bad.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wish the Ink variants looked better than they do. I have a few now and they're just muddy and ugly. Thanos is ok but the stones all look terrible, my only good one is Hipp Devil Dinosaur since he just turns info Godzilla

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

so... anyone playing anything resembling a lockdown deck now that spidey has changed? would love a recommendation if there is one

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
legion, storm, luke cage, add salt to taste

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Artelier posted:

so... anyone playing anything resembling a lockdown deck now that spidey has changed? would love a recommendation if there is one

try something like this:

goal is the same, cheat out prof x turn four, if not, use iron lad to try to cheat out a five drop on turn four. vision replaces spiderman on turn five, letting you move eight power anywhere you want to help win another location.

if you have prof x and iron lad on four into vision, you can move the iron lad vision to the location you plan on prof x'ing turn five and that usually will get you that location regardless. can swap out other tech cards as needed, depending on what you're facing.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Opopanax posted:

I wish the Ink variants looked better than they do. I have a few now and they're just muddy and ugly. Thanos is ok but the stones all look terrible, my only good one is Hipp Devil Dinosaur since he just turns info Godzilla

Inking isn't about how good they look, it's about flexing. Gold is about looking good and flexing

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I've been playing 8 months and don't have single ink or gold split. I probably spread my upgrades around too much.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

I've been playing 8 months and don't have single ink or gold split. I probably spread my upgrades around too much.

you and me both. I'm collection level 5100 and I JUST got to being credit limited vs booster limited.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've been playing since day one and I've only just started getting them

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Between his changes, Spider-man’s nerf, and my sweet new Spotlight variant I finally feel okay about playing the planet eating motherfucker, so I rode Galactus and Kitty-Hot-Location to infinite this month. Too bad it’s a lame card back this time around.

I’m only sad that my second to infinite game was me dropping Goblin and then Galactus into space throne instead of it being my final game to infinite, because that would’ve been the most appropriate.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Artelier posted:

The Sean posted:

I usually post decks that are either fun/quick path to infinite or fun/goofy as hell. IDK what this is but I've been having a great time with it recently.

I swapped in Marvel for Groot after the change, and Rogue for Enchantress (more econimical). I haven't had much time to play this week but I'm mid-80s and having fun. I'm trying to keep exactly the same deck up until inf but I may put Legion in somewhere (edit: nvm, this deck relies on small cards and limited plays--it won't work). In my writeup I should have mentioned: never use Rocket or Starlord in early turns as guesses--they're much better when it's predictable like on a Jean or Nebula lane.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 11, 2023

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hobo Clown posted:

Only have Zabu Ink but I think it was a mix of luck (got it apparently at a very low rate) and also I just threw Zabu in pretty much any deck for a while

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Last King posted:

as someone who is missing most of the bigger power destroy / discard cards, it def. feels real bad.

Yeah, same, of course like anyone I have a destroy and discard deck but they are both missing key cards and have met with middling success, so I rarely play them these days.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Hobo Clown posted:

Yeah I know I spread mine out, I have one ink and its America Chavez with her fist out, which is rad. I prefer getting them to max and letting the animated background do its thing, or color coordinating the outside with the character. The gold and ink kind of takes away from the picture to me and only works for some of them.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

This deck absolutely owns.

That is all.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

The new card upgrade screen is such a nice little quality of life improvement. I only ever upgrade cards straight to infinite when I have the credits to do it, so this saves a whole crap ton of clicks and animation time.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Quackles posted:

This deck absolutely owns.

That is all.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gives their decks fun names.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Devo posted:

The new card upgrade screen is such a nice little quality of life improvement. I only ever upgrade cards straight to infinite when I have the credits to do it, so this saves a whole crap ton of clicks and animation time.

Just watch out the card upgrade only counts once for the quests regardless of how high you push it in one shot

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

besides duplicating the shard + cheap death, what do you focus moon girl on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Fate Accomplice posted:

besides duplicating the shard + cheap death, what do you focus moon girl on?

Venom. Carnage if you're in a pinch and need to pump up your Wolverine.

I've found Moon Girl is the deck's secondary win condition, or enabler. Often times, getting a big venom out and Zola'ing him is the main win con - or Knull/Zola - or all three.

New Leaf posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gives their decks fun names.

Thank you kindly :tipshat: