Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Will there perchance be a gaming thread tonight for Friday Night Football so as we may discuss pre-season foobaw and make projections on the regular season from it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Gatts posted:

Will there perchance be a gaming thread tonight for Friday Night Football so as we may discuss pre-season foobaw and make projections on the regular season from it?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4039134&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

It’s the preseason so go ahead and just make one if you’re feelin it. Forgot to include GDT in the title; it’s the preseason for all of us

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The first Ravens preseason game tradition of reinstalling discord on my phone

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the “bengals” are “going” to “play football” today

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Barefoot wine good lord

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think its a fair take to say it's a handful of passes in preseason - it doesn't mean much.

It's also a fair take to say that he did not look good - at all.

Not to say that means he's a bust or will be a bust but in terms of things I want to see from my presumptive franchise cornerstone, a bad debut in preseason that I have to explain away as "it's preseason" is not top of the list.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

BlindSite posted:

I think its a fair take to say it's a handful of passes in preseason - it doesn't mean much.

It's also a fair take to say that he did not look good - at all.

Not to say that means he's a bust or will be a bust but in terms of things I want to see from my presumptive franchise cornerstone, a bad debut in preseason that I have to explain away as "it's preseason" is not top of the list.

Who?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I assumed he was talking about Stroud but right now it could be a lot of guys lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's about Nate Sudafed.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Mega64 posted:

I'm hoping the Cowboys lose the playoffs with an embarrassingly terrible final play to the 49ers for a third straight year.

From your lips to the refs' ears!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sorry thread had moved further than I thought when I wrote my reply, Stroud. Edit: I realised now the "my" part of it could have been a bit confusing. But then again I'm in that same boat tomorrow morning.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Former Packer on former Packer crime

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
n: cj stroud is a bust

v: texans likely to have #1 pick so they can guess again next year

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Texans going with the Jets strategy of continuously drafting QBs high and then ruining them which results in them drafting more QBs to ruin.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mega64 posted:

Texans going with the Jets strategy of continuously drafting QBs high and then ruining them which results in them drafting more QBs to ruin.

Aka, the Cleveland Browns Stratagem

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mega64 posted:

I don't think the Jets have ruined any QBs recently. Every guy they've taken in the past 15 years was obviously flawed even before the draft. Granted, the Jets absolute refusal to build a real supporting cast on offense has not done any of those guys any favors.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Soul Glo posted:

The cardinals own the texans pick lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

I don't think the Jets have ruined any QBs recently. Every guy they've taken in the past 15 years was obviously flawed even before the draft. Granted, the Jets absolute refusal to build a real supporting cast on offense has not done any of those guys any favors.

Maybe he was never going to live up to the pick but I think Gase did a number on Darnold’s development and confidence

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Cardinals are going to take Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr 1-2 and completely start over.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns defense dogshit as expected. Their starters even. Browns offense dogshit apparently, their starters even. gently caress the Browns, Basement dwellers 2023.

Prediction 2023

AFCN
Bengals: Playoffs
Ravens: Possible Wildcard
Steelers: .500
Browns: Basement dogshit.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Docjowles posted:

Maybe he was never going to live up to the pick but I think Gase did a number on Darnold’s development and confidence

It wouldn't have matter.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Kevin Stefanski is gonna be fired after 2023.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Soul Glo posted:

I have some bad news for the texans about their 2024 first round pick.....

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Gatts posted:

Kevin Stefanski is gonna be fired after 2023.

After?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I would laugh my loving rear end off of Watson got benched and DTR balled out. Dude looks decent! agajnst third stringers

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sloppy shop

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1690213170671943680

Can you tell who isn't

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

that's my Super Bowl champion

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Incitatus posted:

69 carries @ 420 yards

Bitch rear end statline. Real men have 5 carries, 1 yard, and 3 touchdowns.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Watson coming back around after he saw the camera was still on Jacoby lol

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Denver still getting humiliated even with a new coach, you love to see it

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The cardinals own the texans pick lol

mcmagic posted:

I have some bad news for the texans about their 2024 first round pick.....

lmao that owns, the texans are buffoons

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

Like its not good but the Jets have given all the guys they've drafted multiple years before turning on them at least?

I forgot vick was on this team

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Watson coming back around after he saw the camera was still on Jacoby lol

lol gently caress you're right

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

How did Howell look? How long till Jacoby takes his job?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Sono posted:

Bitch rear end statline. Real men have 5 carries, 1 yard, and 3 touchdowns.

Shut up Jerome

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1690196266779901952?s=20

https://twitter.com/pff_sam/status/1690190475649564673?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/1690230236015894528?s=20

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Can we please stop using the R-word or do I have to bring mods into this?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Can we please stop using the R-word or do I have to bring mods into this?

... Russ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Gase definitely ruined Darnold. There was a story that halfway through the first season with Gase, Darnold had to go to his office and be like "Hey, here's the plays that are working for me, and here's what's not". You would think that would have been a discussion earlier in the season or during the pre-season considering that Gase was the De Facto OC.