Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Ralph Hurley posted:

It always cracked me up that Some Pulp orange juice is a real product. Tropicana not putting Tony Soprano in his bathrobe on the carton seems like a missed opportunity.

thats the last time im going down for regular pulp, too dangerous, has been for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ralph Hurley posted:

It always cracked me up that Some Pulp orange juice is a real product. Tropicana not putting Tony Soprano in his bathrobe on the carton seems like a missed opportunity.

It's actually how I like it too. Never got my wife to throw a phone at me over it, though.

MyLightyear
Jul 2, 2006
A blindness that touches perfection,
But hurts just like anything else.

GolfHole posted:

thats the last time im going down for regular pulp, too dangerous, has been for years

MOTHERFUCKING GODDAMN ORANGE PULP JUICE!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Another thing that’s great about the shum pulp scene is that when Tony stalks all through the house in his bathrobe with the orange juice carton in his hand, looking for Carmela, he finally finds her outside.

She’s on the phone (I think calling about the shrink Melfi referred her to) and when he finds her she hurriedly hangs up. He asks, who was that?

Her excuse is she was talking to the paving guy, she was thinking of having the driveway redone.

Like, what the what?! That’s a several thousand dollar job with their long driveway and hill. And it’s not like it’s cracked or anything like that.

Tony just completely blows it off though, because he needs to bitch about pulp.

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 13, 2023

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
You smokin?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Man where's $300k when you need it. Tony's boat would definitely be on its way to me right now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MrMojok posted:

Her excuse is she was talking to the paving guy, she was thinking of having the driveway redone.

Like, what the what?! That’s a several thousand dollar job with their long driveway and hill. And it’s not like it’s cracked or anything like that.

Tony just completely blows it off though, because he needs to bitch about pulp.

To be fair, it was pretty firmly established that the house was HER domain: if she wanted a remodel, new furniture, any expensive cosmetic thing done etc it was just expected that he would pay for it without question. It was one of the "perks" she got for him basically being allowed to do anything he wanted whenever he wanted however he wanted in all other aspects of their marriage.

There's one time when she's feeling particularly upset and she buys a shitload of new, very expensive furniture and he starts to balk a little at the cost and she just immediately shuts him right down and he quickly moves on.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Y'all reminded me I accidentally bought "extra pulp" orange juice once for mixing drinks. Having a chewy screwdriver once was enough for me.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

To be fair, it was pretty firmly established that the house was HER domain: if she wanted a remodel, new furniture, any expensive cosmetic thing done etc it was just expected that he would pay for it without question. It was one of the "perks" she got for him basically being allowed to do anything he wanted whenever he wanted however he wanted in all other aspects of their marriage.

There's one time when she's feeling particularly upset and she buys a shitload of new, very expensive furniture and he starts to balk a little at the cost and she just immediately shuts him right down and he quickly moves on.

Haha yeah, you’re so right.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I forgot about The Stugots playing Dean Martin by Whitecaps lol.

e: Whitecaps is such a good episdode, man. Hilarious at times and then Tony telling the family and leaving is just brutal. Edie and James are incredible.

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Aug 13, 2023

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Also, the fact that Tony found her outside in the driveway means he was walking from room to room in the house looking for her with the carton of orange juice in his hand waiting to complain.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Interview with Michael Imperioli

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/aug/10/michael-imperioli-i-still-give-morrissey-the-benefit-of-the-doubt

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Is gabbagool the best food?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Too many nitrates

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Don’t eat that pepper!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Mr. Fat Mouth

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Gabagool? Ova heeeeeeeeyah.!!!!!!!!

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Feel bad for laughing at this scene as hard as I did last night because it is pretty hosed up. Paulie's ohhh is an all timer here. The next scene is so funny too because Paulie and Chris bury the hatchet and say they are lucky no one got seriously hurt in the squabble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrQwN8JorDk

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Don’t they have medication they’re supposed to take, these assholes?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wiltsghost posted:

Feel bad for laughing at this scene as hard as I did last night because it is pretty hosed up. Paulie's ohhh is an all timer here. The next scene is so funny too because Paulie and Chris bury the hatchet and say they are lucky no one got seriously hurt in the squabble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrQwN8JorDk
This is easily a top 5 show scene for me

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Still goin’, this rear end in a top hat!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Y'all about to make me start another re-watch.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

codo27 posted:

Man where's $300k when you need it. Tony's boat would definitely be on its way to me right now.

have you tried looking in the duck feed out back

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Johnny Sac freaking out over seating placement Allegra's wedding. Who else went through that same thing? Mostly on my wife's crazy family side

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Wiltsghost posted:

I forgot about The Stugots playing Dean Martin by Whitecaps lol.

Hell I don't drink anymore, I freeze it and eat it like a popsicle! :haw:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

codo27 posted:

Johnny Sac freaking out over seating placement Allegra's wedding. Who else went through that same thing? Mostly on my wife's crazy family side

Love the little touches like the entire family smoking

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

We’re just talking’ here, Aunt Louise.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Anyway, four dollars a pound.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

[ben kingsley's voice] fuuu-uck

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Dokapon Findom posted:

Love the little touches like the entire family smoking

I don't eat fish. Too many chemicals. *long drag*

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

At least she didn't suffer.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

She made all of us suffer instead! :rimshot:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
every time i see it, i smell that place

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
it's not a pleasant bouquet :/

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Rose… more Sanka!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Was rewatching the clip on Youtube and one of the comments noted that 'chromosomes' was a malapropism for 'caratacts' in this scene, I never picked up on that.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Caratacts? I thought they were Rincoln Continentals.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I get it, he drives a Lincoln, so what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Ralph Hurley posted:

If Gandolfini was still alive they probably would’ve had him recreate that scene for a Super Bowl commercial by now.