Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Virtual Russian posted:

X-posting from painting thread

I'm pretty pleased with this so far. I need to clean up some of the excessive chipping in a couple spots, but overall I'm happy. I also need to paint the crew, but after 2 weeks of this model I need a break from it for a little. This is also the first tank I've painted since the Land Raider Crusader was released. I did have to start over once, but it was pretty early on. I'll get some lightbox photos once the crew is done.

Edit: I also need to blacken the muzzle

The gun on that looks really good, you've blended that parts in really well with the GW kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Can confirm about the Master of Possession, I got restarted with 40k when my wife got me the Start Collecting box for CSM, was able to flip that MoP for $70 on eBay and I converted the monopose legionaries into a kill team. I used one of the Possessed as my anointed, one of the bolter marines and a melta barrel from one of the obliterators for a melta gunner, proxy the auto cannon guy as either heavy bolter or chaincannon as needed, scratch built an icon for the icon bearer, used a chainsword guy and scratch build him a missile launcher. I got a sorcerer to use as a balefire acolyte, and converted another chainsword guy into a shrivetalon. Still missing Butcher and flamer gunner but I haven't had need for them as of yet.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

To nitpick your nitpick, from 4), a sprue with two monopose Obliterators and a Venomcrawler mixed together is available separately. It's just the 10 marines and 2 (Greater) Possessed that are mixed together and currently unavailable.

Your point about the series of reboxes with zero sprue redesign is well taken, however.

Hmm. Good point, So, six different kits, not five.

I don't know if we'll ever see the monopose legionaries and two possessed again, now that there's separate kits for both legionaries and new upsized possessed. Maybe they'll just vanish forever like the old monopose redemptor, aggressors, intercessors, and reivers.

Cooked Auto posted:

Could've sworn that Indomitus had a lot of the same units on a single sprue as well. At least grouped together from what I can recall.

But it looks like the MoP was separate in this case.
Same with the Captain and Lieutenant. Weird though that they are getting bundled together.

My read is they're saying the Captain and Lieutenants with Shields will be each sold separately, not that they'll be sold as a bundle, since they're described as "flying solo" rather than being marketed as a pair. Could be wrong, though.

As for Indomitus: What Paragon8 said. Indomitus was interesting -- and Leviathan follows the same pattern as Indomitus -- in that most of its contents was clearly designed to be parted out separately as their own kits, but it also had some big single sprues full of a mix of kits. There's a history to this and you can sorta see GW evolve their approach over time.

The 6th/7th edition Dark Vengeance kit was a big mix of monopose Dark Angels and old-scale but new-design monopose Chaos Space Marines that couldn't be parted out separately at all; that kit is gone and isn't coming back unless GW decides to do another Made to Order release of it again.

For 8th they did Dark Imperium, and they separated out the Space Marines and Death Guard kits but each side was pretty jumbled it; it's very difficult for GW to re-sell the contents of Dark Imperium as separate kits, though they've managed it. For a while they sold a Heroes of the Chapter kit that was one sprue with five monopose Intercessors, a Lieutenant with auto bolt rifle, a lieutenant with power sword, and an ancient, but that's now discontinued because all those units are available in different kits. They also sell the Chosen of Mortarion kit that's the one sprue with Malignant Plaguecaster, the Noxious Blightbringer, and a Plague Marine Champion. They also also sell three sets of the poxwalkers from Dark Imperium in the current Combat Patrol: Death Guard box, which is super interesting because that poxwalker sprue was designed to work together with other sprues from Indomitus and so it has an incomplete plague marine on it -- torso and legs, backpack, and left arm. And because the Combat Patrol box has three of those poxwalker sprues, you get three incomplete plague marines, which you can finish with extra weapons and heads from the set of seven multipose plague marines also in the Combat Patrol to boost your plague marine unit size up to ten. Everything else from Dark Imperium is gone, maybe forever.

Then they did Shadowspear, which we've gone over.

Near the end of 8th, also along this design path, they did the Sisters of Battle limited battle box, which had a stand-alone canoness that can be sold separately (but currently isn't) and then one set of inseparable sprues featuring a repentia superior, four repentia, a penitent engine, three arco-flagellants, five seraphim, and 10 battle sisters. That's now become Combat Patrol Adepta Sororitas with the addition of a rhino.

For 9th they did Indomitus. Indomitus has a weird spread of kits. On the necron side it has what are now the full separate kits for the new overlord with tachyon arrow and royal warden (not available anywhere, I believe, but separate and easy to sell as their own kits eventually), the skorpekh destroyers, and the warriors + scarabs, plus a single sprue with the reanimator, skorpekh lord, plasmancer, and crypothralls which GW now sells separately as the Necrons Royal Court. On the space marine side of things, it had that (separateable) captain and lieutenant with shield, the full normal outrider biker kit, two sets of five monopose assault intercessors which seem to have been designed as starter kit fodder and which are now unavailable since all the 9e starter kits are discontinued, and a single sprue now sold as Honored of the Chapter with its monopose bladeguard and eliminators and the bladeguard ancient, the best Primaris chaplain (though adding the skull helmet from the chaplain on bike helps), and the time guy judiciar.

Then they did beast snagga orks box and did not do this. All the beast snagga orks in that box were separate kits. There's no big jumbled-up monopose sprue that's difficult to sell separately in the beast snagga orks box.

Then they did the new astra militarum box and again did not do this. All the new astra militarum units in that box are also their own kits, easy to sell separately.

And then finally they did Leviathan, which, again, is interesting.

On the space marine side of things you've got two sets of five monopose infernus marines which look a lot like the made-for-starter-sets monopose assault intercessors from Indomitus, five monopose terminators which also look a lot like that, the separate and easily individually sold terminator captain and librarian, a separate monopose ballistus dreadnought, and one big jumbled sprue (analogous to heroes/honored of the chapter, the necron royal court, and the chosen of mortarion) with the apothecary biologis, edgy knife lieutenant with combi-melta, and five monopose sternguard. Then on the tyranid side of things you have a separate winged tyranid prime; separate set of three von ryan's leapers; two sets of ten separated termagants that seem to be the same kit GW will be selling on its own later as the new termagant kit except the stand-alone kit will have an extra sprue with more weapon options; two linked sprue with ten neurogaunts and five barbgants except those sprues are linked in an unusual way which makes it look like they're designed to be separated out and used as two different manufacturing moulds later; one sprue with just the psychophage; and one big jumbled sprue with the new big screamer-killer, neurotyrant, and neuroloids.

The reason why I find all this so interesting is you can sort of see the evolution of the idea as time progresses and GW deals with the problems it causes. For the 6th and 7th edition starter set they realized they could put out one big boxed set with a lot of perceived value if they just jammed a ton of monopose models into the same sprues, and then for the 8th edition starter set they did the same thing, but for that one they took the "Wait we can't sell these anymore after the edition ends" problem into account and separated the space marines and death guard... but didn't go far enough, creating an 8th edition starter kit that still largely cannot be parted out. Then they hosed around with Shadowspear, creating a boxed set that causes problems but largely can still be (and has been!) parted out in a lot of different ways. Then they did the sisters of battle monopose army, which largely works except they keep having to ship rules for trios of arco-flagellants because that's all you get in it. At some point they decided launching new armies with big inseparable monopose army sets was a problem and stopped, so that didn't happen for beast snaggas or or the astra militarum relaunch (or, for that matter, Leagues of Voltann), and for Indomitus and Leviathan they're still doing monopose jumble sprues but they're much more deliberate about it. You can easily see how they'll be able to sell the screamer-killer and neurotyrant as their own kit, and how they'll be able to add a new X Of The Chapter kit later with the edgy boi lieutenant, chonky apothecary, and monopose sternguard.

Also interesting here is the way you can see the disproportionate sales of space marines influence the manufacture of monopose kits. GW can do a monopose variant of their assault intercessors, terminators, and infernus marines, which are probably doomed to disappear forever once the edition they're designed for goes away, whereas on the xenos side of things, the new monopose warrior and termagant kits have to be designed to be evergreen -- those are the necron warrior and tyranid termagant kits going forward, because xenos don't sell well enough to justify whole moulds designed to be used for three years and then shelved.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 14, 2023

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

Yo, that ongoing monthly subscription that slowly gives you a Space Marine and Necron army, is that still playing out? I'm wondering if we'll get one for 10th.
It's a bit past halfway in Aus and pretty recently started in Japan, but think it's wrapped up or almost wrapped in the UK.
They are starting a new Age of Sigmar one though, so might be a while before another 40k one.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Stephenls posted:

I don't know if we'll ever see the monopose legionaries and two possessed again, now that there's separate kits for both legionaries and new upsized possessed. Maybe they'll just vanish forever like the old monopose redemptor, aggressors, intercessors, and reivers.

My read is they're saying the Captain and Lieutenants with Shields will be each sold separately, not that they'll be sold as a bundle, since they're described as "flying solo" rather than being marketed as a pair. Could be wrong, though.

As for Indomitus: What Paragon8 said. Indomitus was interesting -- and Leviathan follows the same pattern as Indomitus -- in that most of its contents was clearly designed to be parted out separately as their own kits, but it also had some big single sprues full of a mix of kits. There's a history to this and you can sorta see GW evolve their approach over time.

The 6th/7th edition Dark Vengeance kit was a big mix of monopose Dark Angels and old-scale but new-design monopose Chaos Space Marines that couldn't be parted out separately at all; that kit is gone and isn't coming back unless GW decides to do another Made to Order release of it again.

For 8th they did Dark Imperium, and they separated out the Space Marines and Death Guard kits but each side was pretty jumbled it; it's very difficult for GW to re-sell the contents of Dark Imperium as separate kits, though they've managed it. For a while they sold a Heroes of the Chapter kit that was one sprue with five monopose Intercessors, a Lieutenant with auto bolt rifle, a lieutenant with power sword, and an ancient, but that's now discontinued because all those units are available in different kits. They also sell the Chosen of Mortarion kit that's the one sprue with Malignant Plaguecaster, the Noxious Blightbringer, and a Plague Marine Champion. They also also sell three sets of the poxwalkers from Dark Imperium in the current Combat Patrol: Death Guard box, which is super interesting because that poxwalker sprue was designed to work together with other sprues from Indomitus and so it has an incomplete plague marine on it -- torso and legs, backpack, and left arm. And because the Combat Patrol box has three of those poxwalker sprues, you get three incomplete plague marines, which you can finish with extra weapons and heads from the set of seven multipose plague marines also in the Combat Patrol to boost your plague marine unit size up to ten. Everything else from Dark Imperium is gone, maybe forever.

Then they did Shadowspear, which we've gone over.

Near the end of 8th, also along this design path, they did the Sisters of Battle limited battle box, which had a stand-alone canoness that can be sold separately (but currently isn't) and then one set of inseparable sprues featuring a repentia superior, four repentia, a penitent engine, three arco-flagellants, five seraphim, and 10 battle sisters. That's now become Combat Patrol Adepta Sororitas with the addition of a rhino.

For 9th they did Indomitus. Indomitus has a weird spread of kits. On the necron side it has what are now the full separate kits for the new overlord with tachyon arrow and royal warden (not available anywhere, I believe, but separate and easy to sell as their own kits eventually), the skorpekh destroyers, and the warriors + scarabs, plus a single sprue with the reanimator, skorpekh lord, plasmancer, and crypothralls which GW now sells separately as the Necrons Royal Court. On the space marine side of things, it had that (separateable) captain and lieutenant with shield, the full normal outrider biker kit, two sets of five monopose assault intercessors which seem to have been designed as starter kit fodder and which are now unavailable since all the 9e starter kits are discontinued, and a single sprue now sold as Honored of the Chapter with its monopose bladeguard and eliminators and the bladeguard ancient, the best Primaris chaplain (though adding the skull helmet from the chaplain on bike helps), and the time guy judiciar.

Then they did beast snagga orks box and did not do this. All the beast snagga orks in that box were separate kits. There's no big jumbled-up monopose sprue that's difficult to sell separately in the beast snagga orks box.

Then they did the new astra militarum box and again did not do this. All the new astra militarum units in that box are also their own kits, easy to sell separately.

And then finally they did Leviathan, which, again, is interesting.

On the space marine side of things you've got two sets of five monopose infernus marines which look a lot like the made-for-starter-sets monopose assault intercessors from Indomitus, five monopose terminators which also look a lot like that, the separate and easily individually sold terminator captain and librarian, a separate monopose ballistus dreadnought, and one big jumbled sprue (analogous to heroes/honored of the chapter, the necron royal court, and the chosen of mortarion) with the apothecary biologis, edgy knife lieutenant with combi-melta, and five monopose sternguard. Then on the tyranid side of things you have a separate winged tyranid prime; separate set of three von ryan's leapers; two sets of ten separated termagants that seem to be the same kit GW will be selling on its own later as the new termagant kit except the stand-alone kit will have an extra sprue with more weapon options; two linked sprue with ten neurogaunts and five barbgants except those sprues are linked in an unusual way which makes it look like they're designed to be separated out and used as two different manufacturing moulds later; one sprue with just the psychophage; and one big jumbled sprue with the new big screamer-killer, neurotyrant, and neuroloids.

The reason why I find all this so interesting is you can sort of see the evolution of the idea as time progresses and GW deals with the problems it causes. For the 6th and 7th edition starter set they realized they could put out one big boxed set with a lot of perceived value if they just jammed a ton of monopose models into the same sprues, and then for the 8th edition starter set they did the same thing, but for that one they took the "Wait we can't sell these anymore after the edition ends" problem into account and separated the space marines and death guard... but didn't go far enough, creating an 8th edition starter kit that still largely cannot be parted out. Then they hosed around with Shadowspear, creating a boxed set that causes problems but largely can still be (and has been!) parted out in a lot of different ways. Then they did the sisters of battle monopose army, which largely works except they keep having to ship rules for trios of arco-flagellants because that's all you get in it. At some point they decided launching new armies with big inseparable monopose army sets was a problem and stopped, so that didn't happen for beast snaggas or or the astra militarum relaunch (or, for that matter, Leagues of Voltann), and for Indomitus and Leviathan they're still doing monopose jumble sprues but they're much more deliberate about it. You can easily see how they'll be able to sell the screamer-killer and neurotyrant as their own kit, and how they'll be able to add a new X Of The Chapter kit later with the edgy boi lieutenant, chonky apothecary, and monopose sternguard.

Also interesting here is the way you can see the disproportionate sales of space marines influence the manufacture of monopose kits. GW can do a monopose variant of their assault intercessors, terminators, and infernus marines, which are probably doomed to disappear forever once the edition they're designed for goes away, whereas on the xenos side of things, the new monopose warrior and termagant kits have to be designed to be evergreen -- those are the necron warrior and tyranid termagant kits going forward, because xenos don't sell well enough to justify whole moulds designed to be used for three years and then shelved.

Yeah, its an interesting design decision especially when you have multipart kits following the monopose. It would be interesting if they expanded on the Termagant thing and had an additional sprue for options. I could see that working with the terminators for example but then also terminators are a hot enough unit to justify a multipart kit. I'm really curious if we do end up with any of the marine stuff staying monopose like the bikes from indomitus. It does seem like they're pushing infernus a lot with the starter sets and the free store mini is that infernus marine instead of a bolter as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a multipart kit for them even though they're incredibly boring while being very specialised. I guess maybe the Ballistus stays monopose? But they do love a dreadnaught.

The big boxes probably sell enough to justify the development and production costs of the jumble sprues so anything extra they get out of it repackaging down the line is just a bonus.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Stephenls posted:

xenos side of things, the new monopose warrior and termagant kits have to be designed to be evergreen -- those are the necron warrior and tyranid termagant kits going forward, because xenos don't sell well enough to justify whole moulds designed to be used for three years and then shelved.

Except that doesn't really hold up, considering they are doing a new Termagant box which is to some extent multipart since it has new weapon options.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

The fact that the Master of Possession is also getting a stand alone release is going to make someone happy.

I think they actually took the time to redo the sprues for this, or somehow managed to separate them. Which is interesting.

i wonder if they're going to bring back the discontinued Aspiring/Exalted Champion, the other OOP plastic model pictured on a CSM index datasheet. it's also on its own sprue, and even had a (pointless) datasheet in 9th.

Desfore posted:

The sad thing is, the info in the KT annual book is already out of date due to the balance dataslate. It would've been cool if they made this themed more like the "GallowDark Compendium," but I guess if they're also throwing in Ashes of Faith stuff...

this is better than the overpriced codex books with only two teams in them. it'd be nice if GW just gave away the rules (although ktdash and wahapedia are still there), but what can you do.

Stephenls posted:

it's possible but it doesn't seem likely to me. there's not much use for two random possessed.

Super Waffle posted:

Still missing Butcher and flamer gunner but I haven't had need for them as of yet.

there's two-handed chain weapon melee in the new berserkers kit, or some really grisly butcher's weapons in the corpse grinder necromunda kits

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Aug 14, 2023

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Still have a sealed box of those monopose Reivers that I got ages back as a gift. Even had an intercessor one that I broke open a while back because I got a bunch of chapter upgrade sprues I could use to make them look interesting.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Stephenls posted:

also a chaos knights and votann set, packaged similarly. also, on the other side, boxed sets for slaves to darkness and lumineth, also with no tangling. (the former was the only way to get the new demon prince for a while.)

additionally, the 30K 2e starter is all just ready to sell in its own boxes, no tangled sprues or monopose at all.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Stephenls posted:

,...two sets of five monopose assault intercessors which seem to have been designed as starter kit fodder and which are now unavailable since all the 9e starter kits are discontinued, ...

These are still available as part of Imperium magazine, along with a lot of the Indomitus stuff

I found my oooold Assault on Black Reach box set in storage and the Space Marines and Orks are all mixed up on the same sprues. Got terminiators right next to Deff Koptas

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Considering some of the Black Reach models were sold in very specific bigger sets a couple of years ago they must've taken the effort to redo those sprues to make them separate.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Cooked Auto posted:

Except that doesn't really hold up, considering they are doing a new Termagant box which is to some extent multipart since it has new weapon options.

I mentioned that. The new Leviathan termagants all come in four parts: right body, left body, right arm with weapon, left arm that plugs into the weapon. And when they previewed the multiweapon termagants kit, all the poses matched the poses of the Leviathan termagants, just holding different weapons.

The full termagants kit is just going to be Leviathan termagants with an extra sprue full of alternate right arms holding different weapons.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Stephenls posted:

I mentioned that. The new Leviathan termagants all come in four parts: right body, left body, right arm with weapon, left arm that plugs into the weapon. And when they previewed the multiweapon termagants kit, all the poses matched the poses of the Leviathan termagants, just holding different weapons.

The full termagants kit is just going to be Leviathan termagants with an extra sprue full of alternate right arms holding different weapons.

I'll bet that extra sprue will have lots of weird blobs and extra spines and stuff for a Kill Team!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Super Waffle posted:

I'll bet that extra sprue will have lots of weird blobs and extra spines and stuff for a Kill Team!

you think so? the safe bets, to my mind, are purestrains, leapers, or warriors. i can see gants in a KT but not specialist gants.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Do the termagants in the leviathan box come with spinefists or whatever they're called, the pistols? Enough to outfit the squad with them instead of the default?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

thebardyspoon posted:

Do the termagants in the leviathan box come with spinefists or whatever they're called, the pistols? Enough to outfit the squad with them instead of the default?

Nope, they just come with just fleshborers in the box

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

Is there a good resource for seeing what citadel paints work as a highlight for other paints? I'm painting my 10th edition box as Hive Fleet Behemoth but I want to do a gross pale flesh for the symbiotic weapons and I'm not sure I'll pick the right paints.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Captain No-mates posted:

Is there a good resource for seeing what citadel paints work as a highlight for other paints? I'm painting my 10th edition box as Hive Fleet Behemoth but I want to do a gross pale flesh for the symbiotic weapons and I'm not sure I'll pick the right paints.

Ya there's an old chart from 2016. It might be useful but obviously doesn't include any of the new paints that've been added since then.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/13/citadel-paints/

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

Ya there's an old chart from 2016. It might be useful but obviously doesn't include any of the new paints that've been added since then.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/13/citadel-paints/

That's really helpful, thanks!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Captain No-mates posted:

they used to have some old charts you can still find floating around but now they have a whole-rear end app

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

An app only marginally better than most of their other apps at times. Always great when example pics seem to randomly change between steps.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I admit, I don't use it. I don't buy enough Citadel paint to justify bothering.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I mean it's handy at times. I just it all the time, but I always have to spend a while looking back and forth just to make sense of the examples because sometimes the colour shifts seen are quite noticeable. Because as much as GW loves using edge highlighting they for some reason love not to use the term in any painting description, either in the app or on the webstore.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Super Waffle posted:

These are still available as part of Imperium magazine, along with a lot of the Indomitus stuff

I found my oooold Assault on Black Reach box set in storage and the Space Marines and Orks are all mixed up on the same sprues. Got terminiators right next to Deff Koptas
There's a lot on ebay fairly cheap too because of the this. I like them for kitbashing, nice dynamic poses.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I saw Noise Marines are making it to some competitive lists, what's the situation with their models now? They have finecast versions of their 4/5th ed upgrade parts or the plastic individual model based on the original (Jez Goodwin?) model?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

I saw Noise Marines are making it to some competitive lists, what's the situation with their models now? They have finecast versions of their 4/5th ed upgrade parts or the plastic individual model based on the original (Jez Goodwin?) model?

both. most people use the finecast, unless they're using third-party parts, doing kitbashes, or using the pretty good-looking but hideously expensive 30K noise marines

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Not a fan of the 30k noise marines tbh. There's no variation on the theme imo, they need more bits and bobbles... more personality.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
can someone in canada confirm:
  • the app still says the army builder is no longer accessible on august 28 without a subscription
  • the page to subscribe to WH+ is still 403 forbidden at the cloudflare level https://mywarhammer.com/subscribe

someone told me this and it is too incompetent to believe but also lmao gw

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

• the app still says the army builder is no longer accessible on august 28 without a subscription
  • the page to subscribe to WH+ is still 403 forbidden at the cloudflare level https://mywarhammer.com/subscribe

The app is working fine for me still.

However I recieved this:

https://mywarhammer.com/subscribe posted:

Sorry, you have been blocked
You are unable to access mywarhammer.com

:whoptc:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
gently caress it, it was gonna happen anyways might as well bite the bullet of WH+

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Cease to Hope posted:

I looked into this a month ago...

quote:

Tue, Jul 4, 1:33 AM

Hello xx,

I hope that this email finds you well.

Your email was passed over to us at the GW Apps team to look into this further for you.

Unfortunately, when reviewing this case, we can see that you are trying to access the site via the Canadian Locale (CA), and as such, we are afraid to say that there have been some local regulatory challenges within Canada that are currently preventing us from taking new subscriptions for Warhammer+.

We are hoping to resolve these issues soon, but don't have an estimated date for the resumption of the service at this time.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused, but I would politely advise trying to resubscribe periodically to see if the service has resumed, or alternatively keep an eye on our Warhammer Community pages for any further updates.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to help.

I hope you have a nice rest of the day!

Best regards,

Samuel

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Captain No-mates posted:

There is no need to buy specific paints to highlight up each color. Mix your own on a wet pallette. It's way easier than you think and saves you a ton of money and issues. A slightly yellow offwhite, like a pale skintone, mixed into most any color will result in a perfect highlight color.

Geisladisk fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Aug 15, 2023

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Geisladisk posted:

There is no need to buy specific paints to highlight up each color. Mix your own on a wet pallette. It's way easier than you think and saves you a ton of money and issues. A slightly yellow offwhite, like a pale skintone, mixed into most any color will result in a perfect highlight color.

you can use any light color to do this if you're not a coward

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Al-Saqr posted:

gently caress it, it was gonna happen anyways might as well bite the bullet of WH+

Battlescribe and a handful of alternatives have 10th edition these days mate.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like excel. I made a column with what models I have, which ones are painted, and then I put a number in the column for how many units for each selection, and then another column tallies up the points total. I can't use it on my phone but it prints out easier than battlescribe

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

Yep, but it's not a GW screw up, really. There's potentially a profound problem for Canadians. Per Eej's post, Canada passed legislation on April 27, 2023 which updates the Broadcasting Act. It's a hand out to special interests.

Historically, Canada required over-the-air broadcasters (radio and TV) to have a certain percentage of their content be Canadian. This had some justification in that over-the-air broadcasting has a limited spectrum, and it ensured some was available to Canadian creators. Mostly it worked as a hand out to Canadian media interests.

Fast-forward to 2023, and there's no money to be made in OTA. Those special interests decided what was needed was to update the Broadcasting Act to legislate content requirements into steaming companies like Netflix and Disney. There is zero justification for this any more. Netflix having American content doesn't block out anyone from having their own streaming content. And practically speaking, there's tons of Canadian content on these services anyway.

So section 2 of the Broadcasting Act now includes two definitions of interest:

online undertaking means an undertaking for the transmission or retransmission of programs over the Internet for reception by the public by means of broadcasting receiving apparatus; 

programming undertaking means an undertaking for the transmission of programs, either directly by radio waves or other means of telecommunication or indirectly through a distribution undertaking, for reception by the public by means of broadcasting receiving apparatus, but does not include such an undertaking that is an online undertaking;

And then subparagraph 3(1)(d)(f.1) says:

each foreign online undertaking shall make the greatest practicable use of Canadian creative and other human resources, and shall contribute in an equitable manner to strongly support the creation, production and presentation of Canadian programming, taking into account the linguistic duality of the market they serve;

While paragraphs q and r say:

(q) online undertakings that provide the programming services of other broadcasting undertakings should

(i) ensure the discoverability of Canadian programming services and original Canadian programs, including original French language programs, in an equitable proportion,

(ii) when programming services are supplied to them by other broadcasting undertakings under contractual arrangements, provide reasonable terms for the carriage, packaging and retailing of those programming services, and

(iii) ensure the delivery of programming at affordable rates;

(r) online undertakings shall clearly promote and recommend Canadian programming, in both official languages as well as in Indigenous languages, and ensure that any means of control of the programming generates results allowing its discovery;

GW's videos on Warhammer+ are pretty clearly captured by this, which means they are subject to Canadian content requirements. Assuming that GW didn't hire an animation team from Canada, they are probably having difficulty complying.

Easiest fix is to probably just block the videos from Canada, but depending on how they've set up their services, "easiest" might not be easy.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 15, 2023

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Looking forward to paying full price for a version of Warhammer+ that doesn't let you watch any of the videos.

(God, I hate Canadian Content rules. I do not want to watch Quads on endless repeat.)

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I tried using a VPN and it seemed to work but I didn't try paying for it yet so that might be an option.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

As a Canadian I'm now glad I jumped onto this WH+ bandwagon back when it first launched because I wanted More Warhammer. More Often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Maneck posted:

Yep, but it's not a GW screw up, really.

blocking (all of?) canada on your signup form at the cloudflare level with no explanation anywhere is definitely 100% a GW screwup. (also, i've seen a few different emails about this now asking in different places; a couple of them mention a quebec law rather than the canadian content national law.) doing that to save the money on subtitling your promotional videos just makes it extra hilarious