Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Are mooncakes on shelves yet? I’ve moved to a different Costco with a noticeably smaller Asian population.

Side note: less crowds are always good but the people move like molasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Dazerbeams posted:

Are mooncakes on shelves yet? I’ve moved to a different Costco with a noticeably smaller Asian population.

We've had mooncakes on the shelves for quite a while now

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
When the gently caress is the strawberry softserve going live pops needs a hit of that co cream.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Dazerbeams posted:

My wife and I just finished off the last of the mooncakes we got last week.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Went yesterday to church and communion was straight up tequila shots as samples.

PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
in only get jars of chile crisp from the thai takeout place that i live above

BIVTCH!!!!!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

El Padrino posted:

Went yesterday to church and communion was straight up tequila shots as samples.

PBUC

Man, if costco ever starts just handing out drinks like it's a high end jewelry store I'm fuuuucked. That place is full enough of crap that I'm always on the edge of buying that two or three cheap drinks would probably be enough for them to bankrupt me.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Tatsuta Age posted:

I've never tried whatever Costco chili oil brand exists but it's absolutely not better than lgm, period

Amen

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Angry lady or fuckin BUST

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
tjs laoganma clone is about 90% as good and thats the best america can put up basically

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

I've never tried whatever Costco chili oil brand exists but it's absolutely not better than lgm, period

Wtf is lgm

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Laoganma brand aka the angry lady

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

tjs laoganma clone is about 90% as good and thats the best america can put up basically

Zindrew > TJs > lgm 😬😬😬

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

MarcusSA posted:

Wtf is lgm

Lao Gan Ma, a brand of chili sauces that really started to get viral a few years back. Not yet Huy Fong Sriracha levels of viral, but still appreciable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkTQTS2RSCU

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 14, 2023

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

MarcusSA posted:

Wtf is lgm

the people’s sauce. the ultimate condiment for terminal cspan posters. it’s delicious

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Zindrew > TJs > lgm 😬😬😬

my brother in christ NO

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
laoganma pioneered private third party anti counterfeiting in china and prolly were the first brand to actually succeed at it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

Zindrew > TJs > lgm 😬😬😬

the alligators mouth opens to the statement with greater quantity friend

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smugworth posted:

Zindrew > TJs > lgm 😬😬😬

Zindrew is really fuckin good.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Lao Gan Ma, a brand of chili sauces that really started to get viral a few years back. Not yet Huy Fong Sriracha levels of viral, but still appreciable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkTQTS2RSCU

Thanks I’m gonna have to try and find this.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

MarcusSA posted:

Wtf is lgm

lgm balls gottem

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Laoganma is heavy on the onion light on the chili, I don't get it

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I've seen those chili crisp sauces at costco for a year plus but never bought one.

There's a 64 oz Mr Bing Chili Crisp at the Costco Business Center for $17, not sure how long it lasts.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Smugworth posted:

Laoganma is heavy on the onion light on the chili, I don't get it

The "chili crisp" is an export version and has a bunch of onion in it. The Chinese version is labeled "fried chili in oil" in English.

In either case it's not hot sauce. If you want something Chinese that's mostly just hot try duolajiao. Should be able to find the Tantan Xiang brand at any Chinese grocery.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

The "chili crisp" is an export version and has a bunch of onion in it. The Chinese version is labeled "fried chili in oil" in English.

In either case it's not hot sauce. If you want something Chinese that's mostly just hot try duolajiao. Should be able to find the Tantan Xiang brand at any Chinese grocery.

What a bunch of bullshit

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Smugworth posted:

What a bunch of bullshit

For what it's worth I think I prefer the export version. The real problem is that in China there are like 20 kinds of laoganma and all of them are better than the basic rear end ones you can get in the US.

E: This is IMO the best one that is US available, the san ding: https://www.amazon.com/Laoganma-Lao-Gan-Ma-Sauces/dp/B087M9YW7G/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1Q6U4V5XVG90L

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 14, 2023

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
why is the dude on the label so sad?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just noticed the net wt is [0]24.69. Nice

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

bob dobbs is dead posted:

laoganma pioneered private third party anti counterfeiting in china and prolly were the first brand to actually succeed at it

I want to hear more about this.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Chinatown posted:

He just wants to wear pretty dresses but has appron instead

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

In my head dude mad cause they're asking for a picture while a batch of chili oil is in that critical stage between maximizing flavor and becoming burnt waste

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

Grandma is disappointed that you had to buy this chili crisp instead of honoring your heritage and learning how to make it your own rear end self.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Godmother*

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Barry posted:

Godmother*

Old

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Tried the roast beef sandwich.

Needed about double the meat or half the bread and price.

I would rather the latter.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Alucard posted:

Grandma is disappointed that you had to buy this chili crisp instead of honoring your heritage and learning how to make it your own rear end self.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I’ve seen the hotdog/chicken bake combo before, but this guy hit the trifecta. Sorry for the horrible audio

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cvv51Elpg84/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

mds2 posted:

I’ve seen the hotdog/chicken bake combo before, but this guy hit the trifecta. Sorry for the horrible audio

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cvv51Elpg84/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

¡No mames güey!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

¡No mames güey!

yup

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

That is something that should be consumed in the darkest room of your house, with a hood on, to hide your shame from god

Will need to try it next time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fwiw these are really great shorts.

I’m gonna get a few more pair before they are gone forever.