Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Like me, you might have been wondering what the hell Elon Musk's "Zuck my [tongue emoji" thing was about. This guy figured it out. It's a reference to that weird-rear end Dalai Lama thing from months ago:
https://twitter.com/esjesjesj/status/1691165780019154944

He might qualify as an IoSM for willingly staring into the abyss for too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The usenet orgasm guy would make for a good f plus episode

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

Like me, you might have been wondering what the hell Elon Musk's "Zuck my [tongue emoji" thing was about. This guy figured it out. It's a reference to that weird-rear end Dalai Lama thing from months ago:

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Mexican people say "tah-ko", up in Canada we say it like "taw-ko". But then if you actually DO try pronounce it properly with a Canadian accent, it sounds really weird, so we just keep saying it wrong.

In my area/for me "tah-co" and "taw-co" sound exactly the same said out loud. Language is funny.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Dr Christmas posted:

Can you clarify this in a way that doesn't require anyone to click on a tweet?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
More like oldfaceless HEYOOOOOOOOO

edit: poo poo i was a page late and a dollar short

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mycatscrimes posted:

In my area/for me "tah-co" and "taw-co" sound exactly the same said out loud. Language is funny.

As long as we can agree that "tack-oh" is absolutely wrong.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

Yeah, it's the Ursula Le Guin that threw me off. Wha?

That's the weird one not António Guterres the General Secretary of the UN, who is a man in his 70s so someone I did not expect on a Top Women list.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Silly Newbie posted:

Can you clarify this in a way that doesn't require anyone to click on a tweet?

Elon does a callback to a lame pun no one liked before. It's a play on the Dalai Lama asking a kid to suck his tongue thing and is Musk trying to call Zuck a pedo without Zuck being able to sue him for it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Inceltown posted:

Elon does a callback to a lame pun no one liked before. It's a play on the Dalai Lama asking a kid to suck his tongue thing and is Musk trying to call Zuck a pedo without Zuck being able to sue him for it.

wow that sucks. Thirteen year olds on reddit have more imaginative ways of calling people pedos than that.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Air Skwirl posted:

:hai:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Air Skwirl posted:

“Chimee-chang-ah” as pronounced by the snobby girl in Napoleon Dynamite

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Mexican people say "tah-ko", up in Canada we say it like "taw-ko". But then if you actually DO try pronounce it properly with a Canadian accent, it sounds really weird, so we just keep saying it wrong.

A buddy of mine used to work at a big movie theatre downtown in the food kiosks and he told me about this one regular customer who would come to the Taco Bell stand and order "two soft tacos" and describe in detail how she wanted them, and she kept pronouncing 'taco' like 'wacko', in this thick hoser/Minnesotan accent. His impression of her still sticks in my mind.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Scratch Monkey posted:

“Chimee-chang-ah” as pronounced by the snobby girl in Napoleon Dynamite

Fix yourself a dang quesadilla!

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Mac's mom is NOT snobby, you son of a bitch.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I'd post that Taco Bueno commercial that had the hand with a creepy face drawn on correcting the construction guy's pronunciation of "muchaco" but I can't find a video of the drat thing.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I started saying quesadilla like she does in Napoleon Dynamite as a joke, but then I started getting too used to saying it that way and had to stop

There's a quesadilla fast food chain in TX called Dilla's that has that quote on the wall, pretty sure they lifted the name from the movie. Also their quesadillas are pretty good

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Tony Phillips posted:

Mac's mom is NOT snobby, you son of a bitch.

Looks like there's a lot you don't know about her.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

I started saying quesadilla like she does in Napoleon Dynamite as a joke, but then I started getting too used to saying it that way and had to stop

There's a quesadilla fast food chain in TX called Dilla's that has that quote on the wall, pretty sure they lifted the name from the movie. Also their quesadillas are pretty good

Same deal, but with Jalapeño. In the Army, the running joke was Jah-lopp-en-Oh, pronouncing it with Southern American phoenetics.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/cnviolations/status/1690049549950165002?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I knew he mentioned it a few times but didn't realize how often Tim Pool said we're in a civil war about to happen lol
https://twitter.com/ChudsOfTikTok/status/1691346673178451968?t=-urJ_wYI2DrIQTBCzxodZg&s=19

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The cannon in RE4 can kill an El Gigante in one hit, whereas the machine gun cannot.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You don’t arrest people in a civil war. Then the civil war would be over as you need the head of the other faction out there doing things

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’m sure we can all agree that never having to resort to something as horrific as a civil war would be wonderful. However we must keep in mind that violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

bulletsponge13 posted:

Same deal, but with Jalapeño. In the Army, the running joke was Jah-lopp-en-Oh, pronouncing it with Southern American phoenetics.

Its jah-lah-peen-oh, you savage

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I really want to know what this guy thinks cannons are for.

Also want to introduce him to the concept of "canister shot"

Panfilo posted:

I knew he mentioned it a few times but didn't realize how often Tim Pool said we're in a civil war about to happen lol
https://twitter.com/ChudsOfTikTok/status/1691346673178451968?t=-urJ_wYI2DrIQTBCzxodZg&s=19

civil war in his brain has been going on longer than the actual us civil war

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Panfilo posted:

Even with his compound and guns, Tim is the least intimidating man online lol. What does he expect to do in an actual civil war, live tweet his home being ransacked by bandits?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Equeen posted:

Even with his compound and guns, Tim is the least intimidating man online lol. What does he expect to do in an actual civil war, live tweet his home being ransacked by bandits?

every dumbshit conservative prepper imagines themselves to be The Lone Wolf/The Warlord. Tim is just somehow twice as pathetic as the 300lb, 68 year old Prepper whose kids don't call.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Captain Monkey posted:

every dumbshit conservative prepper imagines themselves to be The Lone Wolf/The Warlord. Tim is just somehow twice as pathetic as the 300lb, 68 year old Prepper whose kids don't call.

I'd kinda hoped that after 2020 showed they couldn't even last two weeks without Applebee's some of that would've fallen away, but they wouldn't be conservatives if they were sentient.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Equeen posted:

He'll hide in his underground skate park and if anyone breaks in he can hide behind cover and headshot them when they pop out from their walls like gears of war

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Dabir posted:

He'll hide in his underground skate park and if anyone breaks in he can hide behind cover and headshot them when they pop out from their walls like gears of war

Dude, haven't you played Tony Hawk 2? Skate parks have spike pits in them all the time.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

Its jah-lah-peen-oh, you savage

You typed a better version of how I say it. gently caress you for being smarter than me, word person! ❤️

I sat for way too long trying to figure out how the gently caress to type it phonetically.

I haven't a clue if it was a localized thing- my whole Platoon pronounced Pecans as "Peck-enz" to mock this one dude from the mountains of NC who refused to believe he was pronouncing it wrong. Judging by your correct correction, it was not.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

bulletsponge13 posted:

I haven't a clue if it was a localized thing- my whole Platoon pronounced Pecans as "Peck-enz" to mock this one dude from the mountains of NC who refused to believe he was pronouncing it wrong.

So the real question is, is it pea-can or peh-cahn?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

bulletsponge13 posted:

You typed a better version of how I say it. gently caress you for being smarter than me, word person! ❤️

I sat for way too long trying to figure out how the gently caress to type it phonetically.

I haven't a clue if it was a localized thing- my whole Platoon pronounced Pecans as "Peck-enz" to mock this one dude from the mountains of NC who refused to believe he was pronouncing it wrong. Judging by your correct correction, it was not.

I'm from a border town and its how we said it to mock white people, so

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

bulletsponge13 posted:

My mother in law pronounces it hal-uh-PEEN-oh and she also refers to asian people as oriental

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

My mother in law pronounces it hal-uh-PEEN-oh and she also refers to asian people as oriental

Sorry your mil is Peggy Hill

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

rydiafan posted:

So the real question is, is it pea-can or peh-cahn?

Piss cans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Dewgy posted:

Piss cans.

Oh balls.