Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bussamove posted:

I assumed that’s basically what happened with Xueyi since she’s a “cyborg”— her soul data just got put into a body that more or less looked like her old one so she can keep doing her job.

Even in death duty does not end. No working from the coffin either. Get back to that downtown office xueyi.

Also because you're not technically alive you are no longer entitled to accrue any recreational days or sick leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1691299712450826240

I guess Jingliu is first then

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

She's ice ugh

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Meowywitch posted:

She's ice ugh

it runs in the family

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meowywitch posted:

She's ice ugh

At least it's not Lightning?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Meowywitch posted:

She's ice ugh

Finally a use for all the DPS relics with hit rate on them.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Meowywitch posted:

She's ice ugh

As someone without Yanqing, and who would probably refuse to train Yanqing even if I had him at E6 out of pure principle, I see this as an absolute win

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah im cool with ice

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Izzhov posted:

I see this as an absolute win

absolute zero win

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Hey, a Herta upgrade!

Batui
Mar 13, 2005

Meowywitch posted:

She's ice ugh

What else would she be, Yanqing's side quest was all about him being power crept by her

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Batui posted:

What else would she be, Yanqing's side quest was all about him being power crept by her

But is that really what's going on?

I guess JY was crept by Public Enemy #2, and now Yanqing gonna get rendered (more) irrelevant by a white-haired waifu?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Jingliu and the leaks of Yayi somewhere down the line...god drat it. Gotta plan the pulls out.

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Aug 15, 2023

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mile'ionaha posted:

But is that really what's going on?

I guess JY was crept by Public Enemy #2, and now Yanqing gonna get rendered (more) irrelevant by a white-haired waifu?

The teacher of his teacher is pretty lore accurate

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Got to say, I'm not a fan of the bunny chat window you get from the mine treasure event.

I feel like I'm the only person with an iPhone while everyone else all have an Android.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Yeah it's not my favorite either, hopefully there are cooler ones in future events.

I bet if we got a chat window from an event when we eventually get to Punklorde it'd be fire...

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Tae posted:

The teacher of his teacher is pretty lore accurate

Yanqing is just underwhelming.

Single target damage(conditional) without the gimmicks that let Seele double as up-close-and-personal Erudition

Vaxan
Dec 25, 2010
I would take anything that the Pyrdwen theory crafters say with a pinch of salt. Their damage calcs are misleading since some units are calculated solo and others with their trace buffs that require team members. JY with Asta will always hit 10 stacks. ~111 speed is not unrealistic. The gap between 7 and 10 stacks is massive. Pyrdwen calcs Kafka at 30% better than JY, but CN team calcs have JY being slightly better in aoe.

Pyrdwen is making same mistakes that 1.0-1.2 EN genshin theory crafters did. Solo vs team calcs. If you calculate Xiangling/Alhaitham/Hu Tao without team mates they’ll look bad too

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Honestly I think they made a mis-step making Yanqing a 5-star in the first place, it makes sense for him to be a jobber considering he's like 15 in a place where being a warrior for 100 years is considered to be a good start, and it would have easier justified making a better, aged-up verison of him as a character later

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Not So Fast posted:

The drat ape on MoC 6 is an absolute bastard. FireMC with low speed as a tank was my only option.

My actual real problem is that I'm just too slow. I only have 4 gold Speed boots, the rest are purple. Once I invest more in relics I think it will solve a lot of my problems, because I just can't finish 6 and above fast enough. I have started to rotate a relic dive daily so I can start to accumulate some things while I focus on traces and levels. Only Kafka left to level and then I can trace and build teams.

My Dan Heng can kill the ape in about 2.5 ults, provided he has all of his bonuses. That still takes about 3 cycles per ape which just isn't enough. Dan, Asta and Welt/Pela should be fine once they're geared properly.

I'm thinking of focusing on Kafka and Sampo for a second team.

Vaxan posted:

I would take anything that the Pyrdwen theory crafters say with a pinch of salt. Their damage calcs are misleading since some units are calculated solo and others with their trace buffs that require team members. JY with Asta will always hit 10 stacks. ~111 speed is not unrealistic. The gap between 7 and 10 stacks is massive. Pyrdwen calcs Kafka at 30% better than JY, but CN team calcs have JY being slightly better in aoe.

Pyrdwen is making same mistakes that 1.0-1.2 EN genshin theory crafters did. Solo vs team calcs. If you calculate Xiangling/Alhaitham/Hu Tao without team mates they’ll look bad too

I stopped paying any attention to Prydwen when I learned they calculate Arlan as always being at full health. Or at least they did a month or so ago.

That doesn't make Arlan good. But if they're just going to completely ignore the entire basis of his kit then what else do they leave out?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

JT Jag posted:

Honestly I think they made a mis-step making Yanqing a 5-star in the first place, it makes sense for him to be a jobber considering he's like 15 in a place where being a warrior for 100 years is considered to be a good start, and it would have easier justified making a better, aged-up verison of him as a character later

Who would the standard banner 5* Hunt be instead then? Sushang?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Who would the standard banner 5* Hunt be instead then? Sushang?
Seele would have made the most sense. Then there'd have been one of each element too.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Walla posted:

I stopped paying any attention to Prydwen when I learned they calculate Arlan as always being at full health. Or at least they did a month or so ago.

That doesn't make Arlan good. But if they're just going to completely ignore the entire basis of his kit then what else do they leave out?

It's no more disingenuous then assuming he can magically hover at whatever percentile of health and never get attacked (especially as a Destruction unit).

Sometimes units are just inherently unreliable or bad.

NBA FAN !!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2002

Prydwen gear recommendations are good because they did the calculations period and they generally change things when they’re wrong. Tier lists are generally bad and yeah the calcs themselves come with a lot of stipulations but the baby in the bath water is them generally knowing what they’re talking about with relation to what will make a given unit hit hardest

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FractalSandwich posted:

Seele would have made the most sense. Then there'd have been one of each element too.

Except the Seele banner literally printed money for this game. Giving her away for free would have severely hurt the first month.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Got 220 pulls + 75 pity in the bank so far... I wonder if I'll have enough by the time Fu Xuan rolls around to get her + the next three banner characters like I kind of want to... sweats profusely

Vaxan
Dec 25, 2010

NBA FAN !!!!!!! posted:

Prydwen gear recommendations are good because they did the calculations period and they generally change things when they’re wrong. Tier lists are generally bad and yeah the calcs themselves come with a lot of stipulations but the baby in the bath water is them generally knowing what they’re talking about with relation to what will make a given unit hit hardest

Gear recommendations aren’t my problem with them. They should either do proper team damage calculations or they shouldn’t show them at all. People aren’t going to read the stipulations and are spreading misinformation based on them right now.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

NBA FAN !!!!!!! posted:

Part of it too is allocation of time and energy.

Yes, you could probably come up with a more accurate-to-reality model for Arlan that simulates aggro percents and incoming damage and etc., but why? Even in the best-for-Arlan scenarios I'm pretty sure he'd come up well short of other options, and most players would not want to deal with the precarious balance that Arlan demands. It's not a Blade situation where sure, you want him to hover at a lower-than-max HP point but also he has 7000 loving HP because HP is is bread and butter stat.

Largely I feel the one character that has been done dirty by western theorycraft is Jing Yuan, but that is more a matter of the number of scenarios and combinations is huge and something I'd want a tool like WoW's Simcraft for, not basic-rear end spreadsheets.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Walla posted:

Except the Seele banner literally printed money for this game. Giving her away for free would have severely hurt the first month.
That's complete speculation. There's no way of knowing what difference it would have made if it had been Silver Wolf or someone instead. For all anyone knows, it could have led to more people whaling on the standard banner to get the selector at 300 and been more profitable.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

It's no more disingenuous then assuming he can magically hover at whatever percentile of health and never get attacked (especially as a Destruction unit).

The point is:

Vaxan posted:

Gear recommendations aren’t my problem with them. They should either do proper team damage calculations or they shouldn’t show them at all. People aren’t going to read the stipulations and are spreading misinformation based on them right now.

FractalSandwich posted:

That's complete speculation. There's no way of knowing what difference it would have made if it had been Silver Wolf or someone instead. For all anyone knows, it could have led to more people whaling on the standard banner to get the selector at 300 and been more profitable.

Fair point.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

Meowywitch posted:

I unlocked the last Equilibrium right before starting the Mine Treasure Event

Big mistake. I should have waited until after :shepface:

Thankfully all the damage boost/reduction you accumulate carries over between attempts (for a given stage) so you should eventually curbstomp everything regardless

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Vaxan posted:

This is true of literally every single type of data collection no matter how detailed or involved it is, and the idea that the possibility of people misconstruing or misinterpreting provided data means that you shouldn't provide data at all is really silly, especially since Prydwen is extremely up front with the specific rules and methodology of their simulation and has a gigantic red glowing box that says "DO NOT USE SINGLE TARGET DPS RANKINGS AS AN INDICATOR OF WHETHER A CHARACTER SUCKS OR NOT".

Someone upthread mentioned Simcraft for WoW - I don't know how it is now, but when I played WoW a decade ago Simcraft was one of the most detailed simulations for video game damage I've ever seen in my life and had infinity knobs for you to turn to simulate exact in-game situations and was easy to download and use yourself and people still didn't bother to use it properly and instead misconstrued the information it provided all the god damned time. It was still a useful tool even if some people used it wrong or drew the wrong conclusions from it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I've had a rash of enemies just laser focus Blade lately which makes him not great.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, I've had a rash of enemies just laser focus Blade lately which makes him not great.
Blade is probably the best unit in the game right now, and enemies targeting Blade is optimal because it gets his follow-up that heals active, you may need to build him with more max HP

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Well, with Jingliu coming first in 1.4, that means I should actually have enough pulls to get Topaz unless one of her or ILDan makes me go all the way to the hard pity. And after Topaz, there aren't a lot of characters I'm super interested in, so I'll be able to recover. I'm glad they're coming in that specific order.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
The characters that are top tier are the characters I like.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Prydwen is great as a baseline or stepping off point when it comes to builds. If you're going to treat it as gospel you'll find some issues eventually, but they've put in way more effort than any normal player (and likely anyone here) in assessing and calculating relative character strengths.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kanos posted:

This is true of literally every single type of data collection no matter how detailed or involved it is, and the idea that the possibility of people misconstruing or misinterpreting provided data means that you shouldn't provide data at all is really silly, especially since Prydwen is extremely up front with the specific rules and methodology of their simulation and has a gigantic red glowing box that says "DO NOT USE SINGLE TARGET DPS RANKINGS AS AN INDICATOR OF WHETHER A CHARACTER SUCKS OR NOT".

Someone upthread mentioned Simcraft for WoW - I don't know how it is now, but when I played WoW a decade ago Simcraft was one of the most detailed simulations for video game damage I've ever seen in my life and had infinity knobs for you to turn to simulate exact in-game situations and was easy to download and use yourself and people still didn't bother to use it properly and instead misconstrued the information it provided all the god damned time. It was still a useful tool even if some people used it wrong or drew the wrong conclusions from it.

there's a big diff between useless data and misused data

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I never get tired of killing strange creatures with Kafka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

if i only just hit tb lvl 64 today, would i be able to hit 65 by the end of the double relic droprate event from the 18th-26th?