Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Remember that Liberals are the real racists!

I think they've finally given up on even pretending anymore, save in the "libs are anti-white" sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
I wonder how many of those people regularly drive drunk.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah that'd probably be another great freep divider, this time between "you obviously don't live in the country you suburban snob, the bar is half an hour away I don't see who I'm harming I always obey the speed limit" and "a drunk driver dinged my car in 1987 they should all be executed by tractor pull"

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Like their “banishment worked for England!” and “maiming works for the Middle East!” as if those places are crime free. I know there’s so much worse, but sometimes it’s the little things that get me with freep

e: don’t tell them the penal colony before Australia!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Only the English could look at Georgia and say “hmmm yes…that, but bigger :twisted:

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

quote:

To: metmom
I’m living in the Texas hell on Earth right now. I think He’s coming soon. This isn’t “climate change.” This is something else.

37 posted on 8/11/2023, 11:47:04 PM by FlingWingFlyer ("There's no cryin' in baseball and there's no ethics in politics!" )

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Literally preferring to burn in hell than admit someone else was right

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yes, it's the Judgement of a Bronze Age Levantine deity. He's pissed at all the carbon dioxide you've been putting into the atmosphere from deeply buried sources. You created a literal pit of fire in Centralia, PA with your lust for the buried wealth of the earth, and now you'll face the consequences.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Finnankainen posted:

A question for everyone: What punishment would you give for each of the first 10 times that an adult with no weapon steals a parked car?

Just for fun, there are 63 posts in that thread, 19 of which call for execution, seven of which advocate body mutilation, and five that promote caning/whipping/beating. Just three advocate for financial restitution and only 2 advocate for prison less than ten years.

They are so incredibly eager to start killing/mutilating people.

Lmao. Some teenagers stole our car the other month for about four hours of joyriding before getting instantly caught. This being the US south I was happy to learn that despite half the kids being black and all of them being hopped up on Satan’s favourite plant, the cops just gave them a slap on the wrist and drove them back to their parents

Good to know the freeper response is they should have been blasted from orbit by fifteen predator drones then hanged publicly

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Finnankainen posted:

A question for everyone: What punishment would you give for each of the first 10 times that an adult with no weapon steals a parked car?

Just for fun, there are 63 posts in that thread, 19 of which call for execution, seven of which advocate body mutilation, and five that promote caning/whipping/beating. Just three advocate for financial restitution and only 2 advocate for prison less than ten years.

They are so incredibly eager to start killing/mutilating people.

Eh, they are disgusting, but some of that is just reactionary performance art in an anonymous forum that emotionally rewards performance art one-upmanship. All anonymous forums naturally encourage this kind of behavior, which is why moderators exist on the ones that don’t suck.

Freep shows how bad it can get when you concentrate scared old people with repulsive values into such a venue and let them egg each other on. Some of them are genuine Nazi sociopaths, but most of them are just cosplayers trying to match that energy.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

predicto posted:

Eh, they are disgusting, but some of that is just reactionary performance art in an anonymous forum that emotionally rewards performance art one-upmanship. All anonymous forums naturally encourage this kind of behavior, which is why moderators exist on the ones that don’t suck.

Freep shows how bad it can get when you concentrate scared old people with repulsive values into such a venue and let them egg each other on. Some of them are genuine Nazi sociopaths, but most of them are just cosplayers trying to match that energy.

The problem that has been illustrated over and over in the last decade or two is that you are what you eat watch, or something like that.

Anyway my point is that the alt-right pipeline has been demonstrating, constantly, that there is no such thing as ironic bigotry and Nazism. If you swim in those circles, and consume that media, you're going to end up believing it. The only variable is how fast and whether you realize you're doing it, then what decision you make when that happens. Some people do shitpost on 8chan for a little bit, decide it's not for them and move on. While they're there though? If you're in those waters, you're choosing to participate in the ideology of Nazis and doing it "ironically" is the excuse you make for yourself.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lmao. Some teenagers stole our car the other month for about four hours of joyriding before getting instantly caught. This being the US south I was happy to learn that despite half the kids being black and all of them being hopped up on Satan’s favourite plant, the cops just gave them a slap on the wrist and drove them back to their parents

Good to know the freeper response is they should have been blasted from orbit by fifteen predator drones then hanged publicly

Nice to see teen friend groups getting integrated in the south

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

The problem that has been illustrated over and over in the last decade or two is that you are what you eat watch, or something like that.

Anyway my point is that the alt-right pipeline has been demonstrating, constantly, that there is no such thing as ironic bigotry and Nazism. If you swim in those circles, and consume that media, you're going to end up believing it. The only variable is how fast and whether you realize you're doing it, then what decision you make when that happens. Some people do shitpost on 8chan for a little bit, decide it's not for them and move on. While they're there though? If you're in those waters, you're choosing to participate in the ideology of Nazis and doing it "ironically" is the excuse you make for yourself.

I agree with all of that. They are disgusting bigots and morons. They are not being “ironic” in the way alt-right scumbags think that are being. They want more draconian criminal sentencing than any normal person would want. Still, I do not believe that they truly want the death penalty for stealing a parked car. They just want to fit in on Freep, which requires exaggerating how bloodthirsty you are, how much you love Trump, how often you pray to Holy Jesus of the M16, etc. it’s mostly performance art, but by people who are genuinely rotten to the core.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

the sex ghost posted:

My local paper (Liverpool echo best news in the world baby) puts comments under its crime articles and without exception it's just wall to wall 'this guy who rode the train without paying should be fed into an industrial mincer'

People really want to live on that star trek planet where the only punishment for every crime is death

Except for white collar financial crime, of course. Or anything rich people do.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

predicto posted:

I agree with all of that. They are disgusting bigots and morons. They are not being “ironic” in the way alt-right scumbags think that are being. They want more draconian criminal sentencing than any normal person would want. Still, I do not believe that they truly want the death penalty for stealing a parked car. They just want to fit in on Freep, which requires exaggerating how bloodthirsty you are, how much you love Trump, how often you pray to Holy Jesus of the M16, etc. it’s mostly performance art, but by people who are genuinely rotten to the core.

I don’t entirely disagree, but remember a lot of these jackoffs were adults in the era when lynching was still commonplace. Maybe they wouldn’t throw the rope but they’d 100% pose for the commemorative photograph after

Although at least going by their in memoriam page I think most of that generation has gone to the great klan rally in the sky, and now we’re mostly reading people born 50s-70s convinced that they personally stormed Omaha Beach and stabbed fifty SS troopers

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don’t entirely disagree, but remember a lot of these jackoffs were adults in the era when lynching was still commonplace. Maybe they wouldn’t throw the rope but they’d 100% pose for the commemorative photograph after

Although at least going by their in memoriam page I think most of that generation has gone to the great klan rally in the sky, and now we’re mostly reading people born 50s-70s convinced that they personally stormed Omaha Beach and stabbed fifty SS troopers

Yep. And they definitely remember being spat on by hippies at the airport when they came back from their tour in Vietnam because that totally happened, well, to someone they know

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

quote:

To: grundle
It depends... what’s the skin color?

12 posted on 8/10/2023, 6:37:21 PM by ViLaLuz (2 Chronicles 7:14)

I still can't quite get over this one.

It was a reply to the "what would you do to the person stealing parked cars" thread.

Usually Freep will at least try not to admit blatant racism and be all "you are the real racist". If it's a black person who committed an offense, they will learn that the offender was black and then call for hanging or torture, but to admit that the skin color is going to be the basis of your judgment is doing it backwards.

If they were asking "what punishment is the government going to give to this person" then the reply would fit in with traditional freep, claiming that the bleeding hearts will let off the perp if they are black. But that's not what the question in the OP was.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
Public executions were huge spectacles back in the day. Even in the 20th century lynchings were followed by town barbecues in the 1950s

The people wanting to bring back maiming hands for shoplifting and public hangings for stealing a car are probably more sincere about wanting to see blood than you'd like to think.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

predicto posted:

Yep. And they definitely remember being spat on by hippies at the airport when they came back from their tour in Vietnam because that totally happened, well, to someone they know

That poo poo particularly grinds my gears. Freepers and freep-adjacent old nazi farts love to spank it to being Vietnam Veterans and then if you ask it turns out they repaired trucks in Australia for six months in 1969 but they totally would have gone gracefully into the atomic hellfire if the russkie crossed the Fulda Gap, you kids these days don’t understand

Bc my dad actually did go to Vietnam, even volunteered for army combat service thinking it would get him citizenship fast tracked while everyone else was volunteering to be an air force desk jockey specifically not to get sent to Vietnam. Want to know about his service years? Thousand yard stares, incomplete sentences, and « I need a drink »

Not a lot about glorious duty vs commies and dolchstoss by hippies

Tale as old as time though. People who have to fight on the front line of wars tend to think war is poo poo rather than spanking themselves off to how badass they were

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
it took awhile but "i'm not racist, you are!" to turn into "racist and proud".
they had to spend a few years spreading around why being "racist" wasn't bad by devaluing the word.
now they treat the word "racst" like the n-word. "what up my racist?" they say to each other. and they still get very mad when you call them racist because that's their word

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

where my racists at

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
All my dad told me he got from Vietnam was the rest of his life wondering why he got to come home when so many people he knew there didn't. Late in life while 5+ years into a fight with a cancer that kills most in 6 months he said the feeling was back.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

quote:

To: bitt
Where the F is our military at?
Where’s Q?
Trust the plan, my rear end

5 posted on 8/14/2023, 8:45:56 PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!
Trump Indictment - Episode IV: A New Cope

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/4175117/posts?q=1&;page=81

quote:

Burn. It to the ground

15 posted on 8/14/2023, 9:28:15 PM by combat_boots

quote:

Stalin, Marx, Lenin and Mao in Hell are beaming and prancing like Schiff, Schumer, Soros and the other Dems are here.

19 posted on 8/14/2023, 9:28:46 PM by frank ballenger (You have summoned up a thundercloud. You're gonna hear from me. Anthem by Leonard Cohen)

quote:

Because of you TDS a$$holes I have white hot hate for all things GOP. After Trump there is no GOP.

30 posted on 8/14/2023, 9:32:43 PM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat...)

quote:

BS. I am done with the GOP after Trump. I don't want to be associated with spineless losers anymore, losers LIKE YOU.
Message to GOP losers, their is no getting back to "normal". Get it?

140 posted on 8/14/2023, 10:55:32 PM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat...)

quote:

The American republic is dead.

And our freedoms are next.

34 posted on 8/14/2023, 9:34:29 PM by Trumpisourlastchance

quote:

Per US Constitution, Trump can run from prison, and if elected give himself full pardon.

45 posted on 8/14/2023, 9:40:20 PM by entropy12 (Career politicians like DeSantis build wealth. Trump sacrificed his wealth to serve people.)

quote:

War is coming. The Republic now hangs in the balance.

71 posted on 8/14/2023, 9:50:43 PM by freedomjusticeruleoflaw (Strange that a man with his wealth would have to resort to prostitution.)

quote:

Charlie Kirk makes a solid case the the EVIL ones WILL imprison Trump. Who will stop them?
Such is their visceral hatred for him and us, there will literal orgasms on TV and print.

-fJROBERTS-

47 posted on 8/15/2023, 1:48:21 AM by A strike (Words can have gender, humans cannot.)

quote:

Why are 3 out of 4 of these people who lead indictments against Trump black? Do they not understand that they are doing the bidding of white TDS liberals?
Useful idiots is what the Russian communist leaders called them.

88 posted on 8/14/2023, 10:01:15 PM by Greenidgypsy (I loathe the MSM.)

quote:

THIS is what happens when power is given to those who can’t see beyond the color of their own skin.

109 posted on 8/14/2023, 10:25:36 PM by Toespi

quote:

They sure have a lot of uppity Wakandans in Wakanda in Fulton County.

21 posted on 8/15/2023, 12:11:28 AM by Governor Dinwiddie (LORD, grant thy people grace to withstand the temptations of the world, the flesh, and the devil.)

and some freepers seem legit done with the Trump Train:

quote:

All of us pretty much used to support Trump, years ago. And we want him to win these trials. But that doesn't mean we want him for President.

He's just become a complete liability, at this point. A negative cost/benefit ratio. You're a banker, supposedly, so Trump is deep in the red. And getting deeper. At some point, you cut the cord.

As for McCain and Romney, Trump endorsed them both, some more than once, so don't point your finger at me. I held my nose both times. They're not true conservatives, just like Trump isn't.

I want a conservative for President. Not a perpetual victim, whose only way out of this hell hole will eventually be some sort of violent uprising probably. Forget it. I'm already off that train, now. I just want him to win these cases so we don't all get smeared over it, forever.

128 posted on 8/14/2023, 10:43:22 PM by Golden Eagle (Ultra Conservative)

Fruity Rudy fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 15, 2023

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

quote:

After Trump there is no GOP.

Inshallah

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"there sure are a lot of black people in this slave state. almost like they brought them in in large groups from overseas..."

edit: "Per US Constitution, Trump can run from prison" new thread title?

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Aug 15, 2023

triwolf
May 9, 2008
BREAKING: Georgia Grand Jury Indicts Trump, Giuliani, Meadows, and More

This FRiend is cruising for a zotting.

quote:

WINNING!!! All part of the plan! Right?

6 posted on 8/14/2023, 11:45:58 PM by Captainpaintball (America needs a Conservative DICTATOR if it hopes to survive. )

Oh yes, finally Trump has the right forum to pull out the receipts that he must have, right?

quote:

This should be it. Trump is now in the drivers seat. He’s a fighter. His mission is to get four acquittals. He says he innocent so he must have receipts. Let’s watch him in action.

21 posted on 8/14/2023, 11:52:03 PM by napscoordinator (DeSantis is a beast! Florida is the freest state in the country! )

FReep v. Q-FReep infighting is my favorite.

quote:

“Where’s Q?
Trust the plan, my rear end.”

At this point every last Qball on this forum should be summarily banned for life. It’s the longest running con in the history of FR.

L

29 posted on 8/14/2023, 11:59:41 PM by Lurker ( Peaceful coexistence with the Left is not possible. Stop pretending that it is.)

It's more likely that this guy's Q friend has just moved on to even nuttier conspiracy theories, I'm not sure Q followers are capable of feeling foolish.

quote:

The Q people are being pretty quiet lately.

I know one Q follower who believes President Trump and his militia have been running the government this whole time, from some underground bunker. The Biden administration was allowed to have the illusion of power in order to keep the people from freaking out.

It’s called “Devolution”.

Last year I asked - if he’s been running things, then why has everything gone to poo poo?

Answer - it’s all part of the plan so MAGA can rise from the rubble.

Haven’t heard from him for almost year - I think he’s feeling pretty foolish at this point.

106 posted on 8/15/2023, 8:50:15 AM by enumerated (81 million votes my rear end)

It didn't take long to get to this:

quote:

Those on the grand jury that signed off on those indictments should be chained to posts, watered down and whipped with rattans until they are squealing like gored pigs. What wrong with them that they fell for any of those indictments? They have got to be sub human with the mind of a dog. I bet they were even enticed with dog biscuits.

74 posted on 8/15/2023, 3:06:21 AM by jonrick46 (Leftniks chase illusions of motherships at the end of the pier.)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
[Trump strapped to the electric chair]
FR: This is it. Trump is now in the drivers seat. His last words will blow the crooked Dems apart!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
There's a video of basically that conversation with a journalist.

"Trump is still the president, he's just letting Biden live in the White House and pretend but Biden has no power"
"Oh so Trump did [Biden policy conservatives don't like?"
"No, that was Biden."

E: ah daily show

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1621268472692084737

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 15, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bad things happen because of the devil, not god, but obviously god is still in power, bad things happen because it's all part of his plan, you see.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

triwolf posted:

quote:

“Where’s Q?
Trust the plan, my rear end.”

At this point every last Qball on this forum should be summarily banned for life. It’s the longest running con in the history of FR.

L

29 posted on 8/14/2023, 11:59:41 PM by Lurker ( Peaceful coexistence with the Left is not possible. Stop pretending that it is.)

Except for the "server maintenance" Freep-a-thons, but :ssh:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If there's a good army and a bad army then why isn't the good army fighting the bad one if they're so good/bad. Allowing an enemy army to hang around uncontested doesn't sound like something a good army would allow.

Maybe it's like Miéville's The City & the City, only they think cities are all terrible so it's The Military & the Military and the two have to pretend the other one doesn't exist to prevent a war.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

Guavanaut posted:

If there's a good army and a bad army then why isn't the good army fighting the bad one if they're so good/bad. Allowing an enemy army to hang around uncontested doesn't sound like something a good army would allow.

Maybe it's like Miéville's The City & the City, only they think cities are all terrible so it's The Military & the Military and the two have to pretend the other one doesn't exist to prevent a war.
The QAnon explanation for this goes back to when they also needed to explain why Trump hasn't Locked Her Up.

They can't make a move until they have all the evidence of the child rape Cabal to bring before the public, otherwise the normies will freak out because it will look like a fascist takeover if the military starts rounding up government figures and fighting pitched battles in the streets. You have to wake up all the normies first so they don't side with the Cabal.

Also explains why Q bothers to post on 4Chan. The Anons who are awake will have a very important role in explaining what's happening to their normie friends and family when Q finally broadcasts the video of Hillary Clinton and Mitt Romney drinking adrenochrome from a child's skull

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 15, 2023

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Guavanaut posted:

They are fighting a proxy war in Ukraine because DJT doesn't want to use nukes on American soil!

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

The have betrayed us for the last time!,, That’s the last straw I am done with this GOP forever!,,

*shows up for every election and votes the straight GOP line again*

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Guavanaut posted:

God I would love to see what a bunch of Freepers make of China Mieville's writing.

Yeah, let's get their thoughts on the ending of Railsea

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's either going to be "communist marxist socialist trash for the woke braindead, didn't read" or "this proves that limited government and strict adherence to traditional family values is a must, the character I like represents Trump and also Jesus" depending on what kind of literature understanding they are doing today.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Xiahou Dun posted:

God I would love to see what a bunch of Freepers make of China Mieville's writing.

Yeah, let's get their thoughts on the ending of Railsea

It’s YA so it’s a bit above their reading level.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

They start worshipping Mayor Rudgutter and fantasizing about the good honest boys and Remade of the New Crobuzon militia.

For those who aren't familiar with the writer. He's a weird fiction/horror/fantasy guy with a PhD in Communism and you can really tell just by reading. The ending of Railsea I alluded to is how all the former bosses and rail tycoons devolved into top-hatted ape beings in a post-apocalypse. Because gently caress capitalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
“His name is China? Obviously a tool of Xi like Biden and McConnell.”