Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Dongicus posted:

<- look its waddle dee in the bath

my god...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Do you think Waddle Dees have fur. I think they do but Kirby doesn't

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
waddle dee feel like genuine velvet, not velveteen. A gentleman must learn the difference.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Kirby has the texture of one of those weird pastel marshmallows they have around Easter

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

by all accounts i have seen Sword/Shield are the ones to get, yeah? i was intrigued by the idea of Arceus but it sounds like the execution was a bit fumbled. i am not so big a Pokemom fan that i think i would dig it...

how was new Pokemon Snap though? i liked the first a lot (played it a ton as a kid in McDonald's kid zones haha) but i always thought it was too short for a full N64 release.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Breath of the Wild & Tears of the Kingdom, Xenoblade trilogy

yeah these seem like obvious grabs too. i loved Xenoblade Chronicles so the next too are no brainers. they just long... and i become a bit of a completionist with big games. was thinking of jumping straight to 3 as i have heard it's the best of the sequels.

really want Live A Live amd Golf Story too. like those weird RPGs especially when they are shorter. (i am also looking forward to Mario RPG remake. it is partly what finally pushed me to get a Switch)

i only ever played Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time so since we seem to be in a real Zelda Renaissance it thonk it is the best time to get back in. it is partly why i picked up Link's Awakening remake first. was also looking at the Hyrule Warriors games. i have bounced off of Warriors type games before so i thought age of Calamity might be the way to go... but Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition has so much sweet looking content... i partly fear i would be suckef into that game forever haha.

TheMightyBoops posted:

Here’s a grab bag of JRPGs:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions
FE 3 Houses
Xenoblade definitive edition
Phantasy Star: Sega Ages
Kowloon HS Chronicle
Labyrinth of Galleria
Chrono Cross

I think most of those are exclusive?

Edit: at least 2 of those aren’t

i fear too many big RPGs because i only have so much time and there are so many games... Fire Emblem 3 Houses is on my shortlist though. i have heard so much good about it and i have not played any modern Fire Emblems...in fact i have only played one... a translation of Fire Emblem 4 that i couldnt finish because the game crashed after the final boss died...

Mad Hamish posted:

Animal Crossing, bro.

i bounce off these types of games. i keep getting only halfway through Stardew Valley's story before stopping. i fear i would only furnish half a house before being distracted.

in short my wallet is hosed

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

mycatscrimes posted:

Play Kirby and the Forgotten Land it's pure dopamine

yeah i really want this one too :negative: my wishlist grows longer

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
the best game you can get is dragon quest builders 2 and you should get it on every platform

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Sally posted:

yeah i really want this one too :negative: my wishlist grows longer

I feel your pain

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

XBC2 also has incredible DLC

Truth here, Torna loving owns

I gotta start SMT5 soon

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

kirby is an eldritch horror.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol Kirby lore ftw. Some real wild poo poo on that fan wiki

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I got to the point in XB2 where there is a scene about using Rex's hook to stagger enemies to then topple them, then the fight was about showing this off. Then after the fight Vandham goes on about how Rex is a natural at doing that and yadda yadda. Except I took the hook ability off Rex ages ago and never actually used it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

Lol Kirby lore ftw. Some real wild poo poo on that fan wiki

Is there any Great Ape War stuff equivalent on the Kirby wiki?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Leal posted:

Is there any Great Ape War stuff equivalent on the Kirby wiki?

Extremely glad I just looked up what this was lmfao

quote:

Funky Kong was known as the "Brown Baron" for being the greatest pilot in the war, though he lost his tail after General Klump shot him down during a dog fight. This is why many people believe Funky Kong is an ape, but he is actually half monkey, half ape due to dominate genes from Donkey Kong Jr., his father, and recessive genes from an unknown female monkey for a mother.

Biplane Barrel

After the war, he tried to live a more peaceful life, possibly turning to Buddhism, though he repaired his Biplane Barrel to help his friends with transportation and owns a Rental Shop. In Donkey Kong 64, Funky began selling weapons to the rest of the Kong Family as the Kremling menace became a greater threat.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lmao holy poo poo

https://donkeykong.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000030140

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

Sally posted:

by all accounts i have seen Sword/Shield are the ones to get, yeah? i was intrigued by the idea of Arceus but it sounds like the execution was a bit fumbled. i am not so big a Pokemom fan that i think i would dig it...

i think in general people think scarlet/violet > sword/shield, but they're both worth playing imo. Sword/Shield is more linear but with one large area that's more open world, whereas scarlet/violet took a bunch of stuff from arceus and is basically full open world
Also imo sword/shield start strong but suffers towards the end of the main story, then the dlc is fun again. Scarlet/Violet are more consistent in quality but personally dragged in the mid game, but then ended much better

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

quote:

Donkey Kong in DKC2 and Donkey and Diddy Kong in DKC3 are kidnapped, captured, and imprisoned while also being forced into torture and slavery (i.e. used as energy sources for KAOS), similar to real prisoners of war.

quote:

It is unknown what happened to Donkey Kong Jr.'s wife. It is speculated that she participated and contributed in the fight against Mr. X and she was either killed or she went missing during the war.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

quote:

The DKC trilogy could have referenced the Banana Wars (in which the militarized occupying force of the United States sought to subject tropical countries and exploit them for its own enrichment. Sounds a little like the Kremlings, an industrialized belligerent group of conquerors who invade Donkey Kong Island to steal the Kongs’ prized and magical bananas, leaving them starved to death). It's speculated by fans that K. Rool either represents North America or works for them, aside from similarities to common real-world grievances, it also has small references to World War II, Bay of Pigs Invasion, and the Dominican Civil War such as the crashed World War II-era Cargo Propeller Plane (as Jets were not used yet, and all of those are wars in which America involved themselves in) found at the start of Mangrove Cove that Donkey Kong and his pals destroy upon arriving (it still has enough energy to keep multiple TV screens on). In Donkey Kong Country during the "Fake Credits" part of the King K. Rool fight, he is referred to as "Kommander K. Rool". K. Rool was once a student of Wrinkly Kong and has overdue/late homework.[5] Wrinkly Kong confirmed that at Kong Kollege the only thing the Kremlings enthusiastically wanted to learn was how to defeat the Kongs.[6][7]

Might be better than the Silent Hill circumcision wiki lmao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

what the hell

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

they're right

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
donkey kong country is real poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

Might be better than the Silent Hill circumcision wiki lmao

they're right... again

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
reading that whole post as johnnie cochran giving the chewbacca defense but its the great ape wars lol

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 15, 2023

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

The nicest veterans in Gorilla Glacier, I thought, the kindest and funniest ones, the ones who hated war the most, were the ones who'd really fought.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lol so glad this thread discovered Donkey Kong War Crimes

remember: it's "Diddy's Kong Quest" and not "Diddy Kong's Quest"

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
In Donkey Kong Country there's a boss that's just an oil barrel that spits out horrible creatures until it runs out of resources and that's a metaphor for every us intervention ever

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I've been trying to tell people the HVAC system here is powered by two captive POWs and reading the DKC wiki has me feeling vindicated

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
That's what Rambo 2 is about

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Industrial levels ftw

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
this is an amerikkkan

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ah, lizard nipples

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
you kill the queen and king bees in donkey kong country and donkey kong country 2 diddy's kong quest and in donkey kong country 3 dixie's double trouble, bees are extinct and are replaced by mechanical bees. they are the great environmental treatise of our time

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Al! posted:

chocolate starfish

fermun posted:

I have a water carbonator thing where you put a mix of baking soda and citric acid into a compartment and close it up and then it will squirt some sacrificial water into there which generates CO2 and bubbles that CO2 around through a water bottle you hook up to the machine which will carbonate the water and every 4th of July and Labor Day I buy a couple packs of hot dogs, pour out the 30ish mL of packing water and add some fresh water to make a lightly hot dog-flavored carbonated water and bring it to whatever BBQ party I go to. It's both better and worse than it sounds. Better tasting, worse smelling, and also you don't want to drink it when you're actually eating a hot dog, and it for some reason makes everyone whose tried it not feel as hungry come dinner time unless they give it a couple hours, so they don't eat as much as they normally would then they are absolutely ravenously hungry later in the evening and if they're drinking then they often have drank on an empty stomach.

Burn Book Barn to the Ground

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
you should also play the new pokemon snap because it's a real passion project and there's like a hundred hours of pokemon doing cute nature stuff in it for no reason

however if you start feeling like werner herzog in the wilderness and get the urge to write games forum manifestos about bringing the evils of the natural world to pokemon you shouldnt play it

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Starting to feel like the irony in all these gaming is political posting was not actually there in the first hand.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
please bring clay kirby to the switch already, im dying here

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Violen posted:

you should also play the new pokemon snap because it's a real passion project and there's like a hundred hours of pokemon doing cute nature stuff in it for no reason

however if you start feeling like werner herzog in the wilderness and get the urge to write games forum manifestos about bringing the evils of the natural world to pokemon you shouldnt play it

despoiling the natural poke' habitat... so they can build a bike bridge

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Violen posted:

my last experience with pokemon snap was the original n64 game where all the kids in school would all lie about the rare pokemon they saw in the game and everyone decided to keep the illusion rather then spoil it

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

qnqnx posted:

Starting to feel like the irony in all these gaming is political posting was not actually there in the first hand.

Its like
Half there and half who cares. It's not making a deep impassioned plea, it's donkeying your country.

Pokemom snap is comfy as hell I love seeing those little guys do their thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
kirby owns because all the kong wars stuff is just in the games