Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Not disagreeing with Sun God.

I'm just chiming in that I really wish I owned Pickens in dynasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I hate 3-for-1 trades but in my 0.5ppr keeper league I’m being offered Tyreek and my 2nd round pick back in exchange for Deebo, Devonta Smith, and ETN (who I gave up the 2nd for last year) plus my 4th.

That would leave me keeping Pollard, Tyreek and probably Hockenson and Rachaad White instead of Pollard, Devonta, ETN, and Deebo or Pacheco.

I just get wary in trades where it’s throwing a lot of decent keeper talent at one guy, feels like I’m running a bigger risk but wanted to get some input if anyone has ever done a 3-for-1.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Whoreson Welles posted:

I hate 3-for-1 trades but in my 0.5ppr keeper league I’m being offered Tyreek and my 2nd round pick back in exchange for Deebo, Devonta Smith, and ETN (who I gave up the 2nd for last year) plus my 4th.

That would leave me keeping Pollard, Tyreek and probably Hockenson and Rachaad White instead of Pollard, Devonta, ETN, and Deebo or Pacheco.

I just get wary in trades where it’s throwing a lot of decent keeper talent at one guy, feels like I’m running a bigger risk but wanted to get some input if anyone has ever done a 3-for-1.

Not really a 3 for 1 trade with the draft pick. How many keepers are you allowed to keep per year?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Man beergod not doing sheets feels like the end of an era, I used those for so long.

Thanks DN for putting together a cheatsheet for people, I'll definitely be leaning on it for my draft.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Whoreson Welles posted:

Edit: I can't read and thought you were getting the worse players in the exchange.

I would consider the trade for Tyreek, but you are admittedly giving up a ton of added keeper value to load the top of your roster.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 14, 2023

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Sataere posted:

Not really a 3 for 1 trade with the draft pick. How many keepers are you allowed to keep per year?

Must keep 4. We do a salary cap so we don’t lose rounds to keep someone, but in layman’s terms Tyreek’s value is a 1st, Deebo and Devonta are around a 6th, ETN is an 8th. It’s why if I kept Tyreek I’d have to settle for Hock and White as the last two.

e: just looked at keepers, alternative is I keep Pollard, Tyreek, Najee, and Nico Collins? Maybe CJ Stroud isn’t THAT bad?

Whoreson Welles fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 14, 2023

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
12 team league, snake draft, keeper league. (keep 1 person from rounds 2-6, or 2 people after round 7). 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, , 1Flex(rb,wr,te), 1k, 1D. 1PPR

Trying to see what draft position I want this year. Right now 4th, and then 6-12 are open.

Pretty sure my keeper will be 3rd round: Barkley (no brainer, right?)

If that is the case, maybe I should go with position 7 and just get whatever is the best RB left and then grab whatever WR falls to me in round 2. (p sure the guy who took kelce in the 2nd last round will keep him).

fyallm fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 14, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fyallm posted:

12 team league, snake draft, keeper league. (keep 1 person from rounds 2-6, or 2 people after round 7). 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, , 1Flex(rb,wr,te), 1k, 1D. 1PPR

Trying to see what draft position I want this year. Right now 4th, and then 6-12 are open.

Pretty sure my keeper will be 3rd round: Barkley (no brainer, right?)

If that is the case, maybe I should go with position 7 and just get whatever is the best RB left and then grab whatever WR falls to me in round 2. (p sure the guy who took kelce in the 2nd last round will keep him).

IMO 4th is a really prime spot this year, you'll have access to at least one of CMC/Hill/Kupp/Ekeler who I think are almost guaranteed to have monster seasons barring injury. Whereas by pick 7-8 they could all be gone. And there will still be plenty of good options when your 2nd round pick comes back around.

Keepers can obviously throw a wrench in this if a lot of normal 1st/2nd round guys are kept. I guess try to mock out the first few rounds based on who you expect to be kept/available and see what spot you like best.

Barkley for a 3rd seems good but again without knowing what later round options you have hard to say definitively.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Man beergod not doing sheets feels like the end of an era, I used those for so long.

Thanks DN for putting together a cheatsheet for people, I'll definitely be leaning on it for my draft.

Same. The new draft sheet form is slick, and works really well. I also really appreciate the option to input the Yahoo settings, because at first I had no idea what I should put for the passing yards and rushing yards numbers.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Docjowles posted:

IMO 4th is a really prime spot this year, you'll have access to at least one of CMC/Hill/Kupp/Ekeler who I think are almost guaranteed to have monster seasons barring injury. Whereas by pick 7-8 they could all be gone. And there will still be plenty of good options when your 2nd round pick comes back around.

Keepers can obviously throw a wrench in this if a lot of normal 1st/2nd round guys are kept. I guess try to mock out the first few rounds based on who you expect to be kept/available and see what spot you like best.

Barkley for a 3rd seems good but again without knowing what later round options you have hard to say definitively.

This is how last year's draft went down.

We will know keepers before it starts, but a lot of guys wait till draft day to announce.

Guessing keepers:
team1: Dv Smith Round 6
Team2: Thats me, barkley
team3: no idea
team4: maybe Hockenson round 6?
Team5: no idea
team 6: prolly kelce round 2
team 7: prolly tyreek round 2
team 8: prolly aj brown 3
team 9: no idea
team 10: prolly no one
team 11: prolly no one
team12: prolly no one

I still think Barkley in the 3rd is pretty good based on this

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Whoreson Welles posted:

Must keep 4. We do a salary cap so we don’t lose rounds to keep someone, but in layman’s terms Tyreek’s value is a 1st, Deebo and Devonta are around a 6th, ETN is an 8th. It’s why if I kept Tyreek I’d have to settle for Hock and White as the last two.

e: just looked at keepers, alternative is I keep Pollard, Tyreek, Najee, and Nico Collins? Maybe CJ Stroud isn’t THAT bad?

I decided to accept. Tyreek can be kept two more times, so can Devonta, but ETN and Deebo can only be kept once more before they go back in the pool.

Also I just want to consolidate the roster spot for a single elite player and get that 2nd back. We have our RFA auction tomorrow so I could very well walk away with AJ Brown, Mark Andrews, or Henry now that I freed up a bit of salary cap.

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer
I would be totally down for a blue shell league, paid or free. Sounds like so much fun and a nice change from the usual fantasy stuff.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

Not disagreeing with Sun God.

I'm just chiming in that I really wish I owned Pickens in dynasty.

I got really excited that some good news had come out, then realized... I own Pickett in Dynasty. Not Pickens.

Pickett still sucks.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Granted it's the preseason, but Pickett looked super sharp in the game against the Bucs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I do think Pickett will be a pretty good NFL quarterback. I just think not so much a good fantasy quarterback. I feel like his ceiling in fantasy is roughly Goff-esque

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

I do think Pickett will be a pretty good NFL quarterback. I just think not so much a good fantasy quarterback. I feel like his ceiling in fantasy is roughly Goff-esque
I think its impossible to tell when they have a bottom-3-in-the-league OC.

Hackett is his main competition.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I think its impossible to tell when they have a bottom-3-in-the-league OC.

Hackett is his main competition.

Bingo. Until they turnover that OC, everyone in the Steeler's passing attack has a low ceiling.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pickett feels like a nice SF QB2 since whatever most of those guys are trash and he at least could put it together. But I want no part of him in any kind of standard league.

And yeah I can't believe they retained Matt Canada lol

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I got really excited that some good news had come out, then realized... I own Pickett in Dynasty. Not Pickens.

Pickett still sucks.

I routinely mix them up too. One of those dudes needs to get a nickname

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe we could just refer to Pickens as "Picking Time Bomb"

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Perhaps this isn’t the best place to ask, but does anyone know what the best option for getting NFL Redzone is if you don’t have cable?

I wish I could just pay whatever just for Redzone, but it seems like you can only get it in addition to a streaming service.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I get it with my building but I heard youtube TV is the best way.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I have Hulu and there’s an addon for like $10/month to get RedZone so I do that. Hulu is like as expensive as cable at this point though so if I wasn’t already using it for a bunch of other content it wouldn’t be very good value. On the plus side it does get me SNF, MNF, and whatever games CBS and Fox are showing that week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Docjowles posted:

I have Hulu and there’s an addon for like $10/month to get RedZone so I do that. Hulu is like as expensive as cable at this point though so if I wasn’t already using it for a bunch of other content it wouldn’t be very good value. On the plus side it does get me SNF, MNF, and whatever games CBS and Fox are showing that week.

Oh really? I have Hulu through my phone plan, I’ll check it out thanks!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RCarr posted:

Perhaps this isn’t the best place to ask, but does anyone know what the best option for getting NFL Redzone is if you don’t have cable?

I wish I could just pay whatever just for Redzone, but it seems like you can only get it in addition to a streaming service.

NFL+ just added it, but it’s only viewable through a phone.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Or tablet, right?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RCarr posted:

I wish I could just pay for it too. I used SlingTV + the sports add on. I think it was $40 a month or so and it got me a couple of the other games, but not all (SNF and MNF but not TNF, I think?). And it had some decent movie and TV content. I equated it to $10/Sunday for 7 hours of entertainment.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
If you only want RedZone, NFL+ Premium is 15 a month

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-launches-for-the-2023-season-now-includes-nfl-network-nfl-redzone

RedZone works on AppleTV/Roku/etc.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

Or tablet, right?

Yeah, I just don’t think it works on normal TV boxes.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

We’re just doing a simple everyone keeps one guy from last year, no using them as their rounds pick or above or whatever.

I 100% have to keep Mahomes above anyone else right lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Matt Zerella posted:

If you only want RedZone, NFL+ Premium is 15 a month

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-launches-for-the-2023-season-now-includes-nfl-network-nfl-redzone

RedZone works on AppleTV/Roku/etc.

Notice in your link:

Available across devices in the United States, NFL+ will now include a live stream of NFL Network and NFL RedZone in addition to access to live out-of-market preseason games, live local and primetime regular season and postseason games (phone and tablet only), live local and national audio for every game, NFL Films' archives and more.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

T-Square posted:

We’re just doing a simple everyone keeps one guy from last year, no using them as their rounds pick or above or whatever.

Just keep whoever has the highest ADP in that situation

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

T-Square posted:

He did this today

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1691498784189038592

https://twitter.com/TDaChief87/status/1691499139354275840

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Notice in your link:

Available across devices in the United States, NFL+ will now include a live stream of NFL Network and NFL RedZone in addition to access to live out-of-market preseason games, live local and primetime regular season and postseason games (phone and tablet only), live local and national audio for every game, NFL Films' archives and more.

as far as I can tell, redzone via NFL+ should be available on roku/apple tv? or castable to your TV from an ipad?

the device restrictions to phone/tablet are always mentioned for full live games, which redzone isn't really

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
That's how I read it too. Figure I'll try the free trial when the season starts, and if it doesn't work just go back to sling or something.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Yes I've double and triple checked it. The phone only restriction is for live games. You get NFL Network and RedZone on your TV box along with the condensed games.

It's a pretty good deal imo even with the price hike.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Quick update on the AFC East only league: it is not yet the end of the fourth round. We just had a run on kickers and all eligible K’s are off the board. God is dead.

A bunch of Patriots starters are still available though :lol:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Docjowles posted:

A bunch of Patriots starters are still available though :lol:

Eww.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

Yes I've double and triple checked it. The phone only restriction is for live games. You get NFL Network and RedZone on your TV box along with the condensed games.

It's a pretty good deal imo even with the price hike.

It's weird. We've had it for 7 years and I couldn't swore it was $100 for the year but now it's $80 and I get red zone

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Drunk Nerds posted:

It's weird. We've had it for 7 years and I couldn't swore it was $100 for the year but now it's $80 and I get red zone

I see a promo price for the year maybe thats what it is? Im doing this instead of splitting a sling subscription with a league mate this year. I just hope its Scott Hanson RedZone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

I see a promo price for the year maybe thats what it is? Im doing this instead of splitting a sling subscription with a league mate this year. I just hope its Scott Hanson RedZone.

They canceled the Siciliano RedZone so it’s all Hanson now (as god intended :colbert:)