Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for not not wanting my Girlfriend not go to the lingerie themed party.

all those years of pretending to be gay finally paid off when i got invited to a lingerie party!! everyone who told me to just look at the internet must be feeling pretty fuckin stupid right now

yea buddy. you're an rear end in a top hat. and a douchebag. congrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Foo Diddley posted:

all those years of pretending to be gay finally paid off when i got invited to a lingerie party!! everyone who told me to just look at the internet must be feeling pretty fuckin stupid right now

Someone listened to Bloodhound Gang's "I Wish I Was Queer so I Could Get Chicks" one too many times.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Listen, I know I'd pretend to be gay to see a woman in lingerie so...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Where's that post from the guy who refused to step into a Victoria's Secret because it was too gay?

atomicdream
Oct 4, 2017

shaking my money maker to fund my crippling glamour addiction.
All this parasol talk is gonna make my husband's bank account a little lower because now I want one and wish I had one a few weeks back at Disneyland.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Foo Diddley posted:

How wrong is your sexy if you're not getting even a plus one to the lingerie party? Why aren't you there in skimpy panties idiot.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
So many of these are variations of "my girlfriend is doing something cool how do I get her to stop" grow up and put on a thong

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
oh you know this guy thinks his nuts will instantly vaporize if they ever touch a panty

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

if my girlfriend is cool she will realize she's stuck with a weenie, how do i force her back to my level

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Mixed-coolness relationships are responsible for 69% of divorces

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Where's that post from the guy who refused to step into a Victoria's Secret because it was too gay?

I cannot wrap my head about this.

But then I remember the dudes who think their girl initiating sex is emasculating.

AITA for taking musical chairs too seriously?

quote:

I (32m) recently attended a 5-year-old's birthday party and I'm starting to think I might have unintentionally messed things up. I really need your perspective to figure out if I'm in the wrong here.

So, I was invited to this birthday party for my friend's kid. I'm not great with kids and didn't know many people at the party, but I thought I'd make an effort to socialize. The kids were playing games, and I thought it would be funny to join in, so I joined a game of musical chairs.

Here's where things went wrong: I didn't realize how intense these 5-year-olds could get about a game of musical chairs. I was having fun, laughing, and maybe even being a bit competitive. At some point, the music stopped and there was only one chair left. I quickly sat down, not thinking much of it.

But then I noticed one of the kids, who had been playing enthusiastically, started crying because they didn't get a chair. I felt terrible seeing them upset and realized I might have taken the game too seriously, causing them to lose out.

My friend pulled me aside later and explained that the kids were meant to be the focus of the game, and I should have let them have the chairs. I honestly didn't realize I was being such a buzzkill. Now I'm wondering if I ruined the game and made the birthday kid's friends upset.

So, Reddit, am I the rear end in a top hat for unintentionally making the game more competitive and upsetting the kids at the party? I genuinely didn't mean any harm, but now I'm worried I might have ruined the fun for everyone. Your honest input will be greatly appreciated!

not the same poster sadly.

AITA for not going to my Niece's birthday party

quote:

My (37M) sister (29F) has a daughter that is turning 5 this fall. She is throwing a large party for her and sent out a quick text to close family asking about availability. I told her Friday evenings or Sundays. Well she set the date for a Saturday as that maximizes attendees. Fine with me, but my family and I won't be able to make it.

I'm pretty much unavailable all Saturdays in the fall. I have football season tickets to my college alma mater, i've had them for 15 years. The date my sister picked is a home game. I've missed two games in that time span for the birth of my own kids.

My sister is asking me to skip a game or at least tailgating to attend the party. She is hiring a photographer and wanted some photos with her kids and mine. I told her again we won't be able to make it. She went to our mom complaining, and my mom chewed me out. I stood firm. Everyone knows how I am so this shouldn't be a shock to anyone that I want to go to tailgate and go to the game.

To be honest, i want to drink with my friends before the game and not go to an event I don't want to go to. My wife is siding with me. But my sister is continuing to push the issue and is calling me an rear end in a top hat. I'll buy a nice gift and see my Niece another day. AITA?

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 15, 2023

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Foo Diddley posted:

bro, come on lmao. How insecure are you that you are worried that 3 gay dudes are gonna steal your GF away from you at the lingerie party.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Vargatron posted:

bro, come on lmao. How insecure are you that you are worried that 3 gay dudes are gonna steal your GF away from you at the lingerie party.

Everyone knows that gay guys are only faking it to get closer to girls!

AITA for not telling my boyfriend I do drugs?

quote:

Heyy so I (19f) just finished my first year of college, and me and my friends like to party a lot. We sometimes take mdma and I struggle with social anxiety a lot, so at these parties I’m usually on coke too I feel like it gets rid of pressure and helps me to ease up. Sometimes I do it outside of partying too, but it’s purely recreational and I’d know when to stop before I get addicted. That isn’t really my point of the post so sorry for going into detail but I feel like nobody on reddit knows what casual drug use is lol so there you go!

Anyway me and my bf (20m) have been dating for a few months now. When we first started dating he made it clear that he didn’t want to be seeing anybody who drinks/does drugs because his mom is an addict and it really messed with him apparently. I thought that was fine I’m not an addict so it’s fine and I just won’t mention this to him.

Last weekend he came across me and my friends noticeably drunk and high in town, and obviously he was pissed. We spoke the next morning and asked what I was on so I told him coke and he told me I was a bitch and that I shouldn’t have lied. I tried to tell him it was for my anxiety and I couldn’t have stopped but he didn’t care. He seemed really upset and I genuinely didn’t know his mom affected him this much.

I’ve told my friends about this though and they said it’s not my fault, I was high to deal with anxiety (which is true) and that he was being over dramatic. AITA ??? I feel like I need outside perspective

I would think a drug like cannabis would be better for anxiety?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Cowslips Warren posted:

not social anxiety lol she just means she's shy unless she's coked up

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
Don't worry it's medical cocaine

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Cannabis can sometimes make anxiety worse (paranoia), while uppers make you feel invincible. But also lol at "I only do coke at parties."

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Then she comes off the coke and gets the post-coke mega anxiety, good deal. And a coke habit is famously cheap and not at all addictive.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I only do coke at parties. I like to party a lot

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

it's simple and easy if you just define a party as any time you're high

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

SpaceViking posted:

Cannabis can sometimes make anxiety worse (paranoia), while uppers make you feel invincible. But also lol at "I only do coke at parties."

well except for all the times I don't. But don't worry, I'm responsible and will stop before I'm addicted. Which is why I hid my drug use from my boyfriend because I'm totally not an addict.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

titty_baby_ posted:

I only do coke at parties. I like to party a lot

And also some others times too but don’t worry it’s recreational

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Here's someone reaching the second part of that famous me sowing/me reaping tweet.

AITA for telling my dil she showed us who she really was on her wedding day?

quote:

I’m the father of four children. In May my son Neil got married to Debbie. Debbie acted terribly the whole day. Straight up entitled and embarrassing. My oldest daughter was 3 months pregnant and hadn’t told anyone because she has already had one miscarriage. She was barely showing and Debbie picking a tight fitting bridesmaid dress. My daughter was super sick from morning sickness and Debbie told her she looked disgusting and stop taking attention off of her.

My son who was best man to the groom (his brother) had his wife seated with some cousins across the room at the reception and not at the family table because she wasn’t immediate family. We did not know this until the reception and tried to have her moved back with our table and Debbie said no it’s her day. It caused a fight and the best man just left before the reception because his wife was snubbed.

A few days after the wedding my daughter miscarried again while Debbie and Neil was on their honeymoon. Debbie felt like that was attention seeking.

My wife, children, and spouses normally rent a house by the beach for Labor Day and because of continued bad blood between Debbie and the rest of the family they aren’t invited. All 3 of my other children basically said if Debbie comes they aren’t going. So Debbie and Neil got the axe.

When Neil asked about it I told him “Debbie showed us who she really was on her wedding day and don’t expect many invites from the rest of the family to do things” Neil was pissed and saying it’s not fair that she is feeling left out because she saw on social media where all the girls (including the snubbed sil, her mother, and my wife) went to Barbie movie dressed in pink and she felt left out. Now he has to tell her she can’t go to the annual beach vacation and she’s feeling hurt. I told him not one person in the family wants Debbie there and I’m sorry that she can’t come.

My son had me on speaker and Debbie started crying say she can’t believe how horrible we are and she wasn’t going to go anyways and don’t expect to see her at Thanksgiving or Christmas ever again. I lost my temper at Debbie and I told her the rest of the family would be relieved to hear it.
Women! Always be having miscarriages every time they feel like they're not the center of attention. Also, don't threaten me with a good time. And LOL at making the best man's wife sit at the kiddie table.

Family should start openly referring to Debbie as "Neil's first wife"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

FMguru posted:

Family should start openly referring to Debbie as "Neil's first wife"

I told my 90+ year old grandma we better hurry up and get inside because the ceremony is about to start at my cousin's wedding, and she replied "it's ok, it's just his first wedding." Ice fuckin cold lol

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Ominous Jazz posted:

So many of these are variations of "my girlfriend is doing something cool how do I get her to stop" grow up and put on a thong

OP being a weenie who needs to get over himself aside, what is cool about a women only lingerie party really? Since it's presumably a normal group of women and not OP's fantasy, they're just going to be doing the normal party things of chatting and drinking. Except while having to deal with wedgies and cold seats. I'm not seeing the advantage over dressing comfortably.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He's being left out while the gay guys are included so they must be pieces of poo poo too.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

OP being a weenie who needs to get over himself aside, what is cool about a women only lingerie party really? Since it's presumably a normal group of women and not OP's fantasy, they're just going to be doing the normal party things of chatting and drinking. Except while having to deal with wedgies and cold seats. I'm not seeing the advantage over dressing comfortably.

It's definitely some kind of MLM

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I dunno, it's chance to get dressed up and feel sexy free of fear or judgment or pressure to have sex :shrug: But realistically

erosion posted:

It's definitely some kind of MLM

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Lol it’s not a party for dressing up it’s like a Tupperware party where the host sells lingerie to the guests.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
next you'll be telling me they don't wear the tupperware either

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
More like Tupperwear

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Biplane posted:

Then she comes off the coke and gets the post-coke mega anxiety, good deal. And a coke habit is famously cheap and not at all addictive.

Coke has come way way down in price thanks to the cartels, improved smuggling, and the popularity of coke in the US. The fact that a college student can afford it when it used to be a club drug for celebrities tells you a lot. I know certain politicians love to complain about it but the fact is Americans LOVE drugs.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
AITA for coworker’s potato slip?

quote:

Hey Reddit, I’m facing a dilemma at work and I’m looking for some honest feedback. I’m a 31 year old guy who loves eating potato smiley faces for lunch because they’re tasty and bring back good memories (if you’ve been to school in the U.K. you know what I mean)

But here’s the deal: I’m a bit of a messy eater. So last week, I’m eating my lunch and a potato smiley face rolls off my desk onto the floor completely by accident. I have a bad back from a football injury so I can’t bend down easily, and I just leave it there thinking the cleaners will sort it overnight (I know, a bit selfish of me). Anyway, the next morning my coworker (F33) steps on it and slips. Nothing broken but allegedly a really bruised arm and hip.

She is furious and labels me an rear end in a top hat for letting my lunch become a hazard. But here’s the thing: everyone knows I have limited mobility from my bad back, and I honestly didn’t think a bit of potato under my desk could do something like this.

Now the twist. She has shown a lot of interest in my standing desk recently, and I can’t help but wonder if this incident conveniently gives her a reason to snatch it (none of her injuries are ‘confirmed’). She also leaves her unwashed cups in the office sink, which also creates a hazard for everyone else. Accidents happen and sometimes you just have to deal with it. I wouldn’t use a random dirty cup in the sink without washing it, and then blame someone else if I get sick.

So Reddit, AITA or should she just have been more careful? Honestly I’m suspicious why someone would not just accept their own responsibility here.

Tl;dr: Coworker slips on my lunch accidentally, and blames me for being untidy

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

AKA Pseudonym posted:

AITA for coworker’s potato slip?

quote:

She also leaves her unwashed cups in the office sink, which also creates a hazard for everyone else.

wrenching my back because i slipped on a dirty cup in the sink

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I feel like a fair judge would automatically side in your favor if you sue someone for being injured by a loving potato smiley face

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Putting in the effort to not eat like a literal zoo animal is also impossible, probably due to a sports injury. Just throw the food in the general direction of your face and hope most of it gets in.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
OP might be able to ask for a trough as a reasonable accommodation for his disability

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I'm willing to give OP the benefit of the doubt that it was just a freak fumble. Fumbles happen.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Look if you have a bad back just get creative with it. Pick up the thing with your feet and sling it into a trash can like a trained seal. If anyone gives you grief it's probably less embarrassing than leaving your obvious trash in the floor to trip your coworker.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

dude just eating french fries at his desk and presumably using his keyboard at the same time with his greasy salt covered fingers smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

We should thank these slobs for all congregating in one job where they aren't garbaging up our work spaces.

E: OK, I looked up what this guy was eating at his desk and it was basically the French fry equivalent of Dino nuggets. It's literally just a circular disc French fry with a smiley face cut out.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 15, 2023